Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,925 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge (28839 Views)

Two Bridges Collapse On Jebba-mokwa Road, Motorists Now Confined To One Route / Picture Of Ilorin-jebba-mokwa Road Completed By Pmb / Heavy Rainfall Collapses Mokwa-Jebba Bridge In Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Belmot(m): 5:36am On Jun 11, 2018
lawalosky:
the region. there soil is too soft....
the money that will be used to build a standard brigbe in that region is thrice that same brigbe in the north
So Mokwa-Jebba is in south south abi?
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by emi14: 5:36am On Jun 11, 2018
China bridge from Owelle Rochas. Same government same project
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by ojobek: 5:47am On Jun 11, 2018
Amastermovic:
that's not a bridge... it's called a box culvert from the picture a single cell box culvert or more who go wan carry bridge wey collapse at first picture

And to the poster giving what could ve caused u only made a point..
from the picture you noticed the culvert is structurally OK ND it's even precast.. what happened is just simple water enrolled causes some overturning moment or it washed away the soil beneath

solution runoff/rainfall from surrounding areas should be well taken care of reducing the speed before hitting the structure

second solution raise that section ND adjoining section a little bit use an Abutment to Abutment( small bridge) structure ..
No dispute about your suggestion but double pipe culvert would haven been OK.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 11, 2018
tit:
Buhari is useless
fashole has wasted 40 billion naira building this bridge 2 years ago
Lol
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 11, 2018
MrExcel:
This is how Buhari will collapse come 2019. Hit like if you believe it and share if you disagree.

You can see no one took u serious grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by ABDULSODEEQ(m): 6:11am On Jun 11, 2018
Amastermovic:
that's not a bridge... it's called a box culvert from the picture a single cell box culvert or more who go wan carry bridge wey collapse at first picture

And to the poster giving what could ve caused u only made a point..
from the picture you noticed the culvert is structurally OK ND it's even precast.. what happened is just simple water enrolled causes some overturning moment or it washed away the soil beneath

solution runoff/rainfall from surrounding areas should be well taken care of reducing the speed before hitting the structure

second solution raise that section ND adjoining section a little bit use an Abutment to Abutment( small bridge) structure ..
God bless you jare!!! U Sabi!!! We've seen this picture with a different story on nairaland before,how come nobody noticed it...una Sha wan ridicule buhari name everyday !!! cry

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by hakeem4(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2018
mfm04622:

It is really lack of maintenance. Erosion washed away the support of the bridge and no maintenance was done till the bridge collapsed. May also be due to activities of sand miners.
thats also a good suggestion
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Akinpelumusibau: 6:16am On Jun 11, 2018
lawalosky:
the money that will be used to build a standard brigbe in that region is thrice that same brigbe in the north

Wetin be brigbe or u mean BRIDGE
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Guest2017(m): 6:18am On Jun 11, 2018
Nawa o

This time last year, samething happened. The bridge collapsed, crippling business activities for people with businesses along that route l, especially the odo oba people.

I believe this bridge was not properly reconstructed, third mainland is a bridge amongst other bridges built on water, the one built on river Niger is plied by both trucks and non trucks.

Whoever is given the contract to fix this bridge should do it well and prevent repetitive replies every year. There are many things that needs financial interventions in this country, not fixing same bridge annually.
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by adecz: 6:24am On Jun 11, 2018
Is this a "bridge"??

This is a culvert... undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by PHILipu1(m): 6:30am On Jun 11, 2018
LRNZH:
This is Chanji for you.
After one year of repairs an FG bridge collapses.
Read and understand before you comment but I know hate will not allow you to understand.

A bridge just after this particular one was the one repaired last year and not this particular bridge.

But why are bridges that were constructed under PDP within the last 16 years collapsing?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by gbagyiza: 6:31am On Jun 11, 2018
hakeem4:
What I feel could be the cause of failure could be
1) faulty design
2) bad construction supervision
3) failure to adhere to the designers specifications

It should be like of maintenance that caused it..so many bridges in Nigeria had been build for too long n no body care about their maintenance..
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by PHILipu1(m): 6:33am On Jun 11, 2018
ashjay001:
Who do we blame, now

The construction firm, Fashola or PMB?angry
Was the bridge constructed under them?
This was not the bridge that was constructed last year.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by PHILipu1(m): 6:35am On Jun 11, 2018
Guest2017:
Nawa o

This time last year, samething happened. The bridge collapsed, crippling business activities for people with businesses along that route l, especially the odo oba people.

I believe this bridge was not properly reconstructed, third mainland is a bridge amongst other bridges built on water, the one built on river Niger is plied by both trucks and non trucks.

Whoever is given the contract to fix this bridge should do it well and prevent repetitive replies every year. There are many things that needs financial interventions in this country, not fixing same bridge annually.
I passed that road,this was not the bridge constructed last year.

They are few kilometres apart

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Adekdammy: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2018
lawalosky:

The said location is north
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Malawian(m): 6:46am On Jun 11, 2018
culvert should have been resting on well rammed steel piles.
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by ashjay001(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2018
PHILipu1:

Was the bridge constructed under them?
This was not the bridge that was constructed last year.

From d article, it seems, it was.
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by PHILipu1(m): 7:06am On Jun 11, 2018
ashjay001:

From d article, it seems, it was.
No, it's not
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 11, 2018
SHEY BUHARI IS AWARE ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THIS BRIDGE IN MOROCCO?
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by legba1(m): 7:11am On Jun 11, 2018
deebsman1:

Why did you people always like distorting information, did you even read the write up at all? OP said "about one km from that one that was repaired last year"

why will they comprehend a simple write up like this....when it is not davido assurance or wizkid soko or olamide wos....

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by FoxtonG: 7:26am On Jun 11, 2018
PMB start ur countdown yourself
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by nonoski: 7:30am On Jun 11, 2018
What is needed there is chanelization of the river
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Hallabee1(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2018
I beg where the bridge
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:37am On Jun 11, 2018
hakeem4:
What I feel could be the cause of failure could be
1) faulty design
2) bad construction supervision
3) failure to adhere to the designers specifications

How about age?

When was it constructed?

How has it been maintained?

Were the abutments (ground touching and bordering it) well protected from erosion?

I was passing that road to school 30years ago.
That bridge (box culvert, actually) was there even then.

If it was any of the issues you listed, that structure should have collapsed since 1990.
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by sfinkzslot(m): 7:42am On Jun 11, 2018
this one na bridge or covert
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by alizma: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2018
I still wonder how Nigerian youths keep talking of wanting to lead a country they know less about. out of unjustified hatred, some people are already calling for Buhari's head. what some of you don't know is that the bridge in question is older than you and old age is synonymous with deterioration.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Ericnrm(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68366881:

Okay, and which candidate will defeat Buhari?
Give me a name and let's meet at the poll.

I hope you have your PVC ready tho?!

Nigeria will be GREAT again.

When people like you keep supporting mediocrity how do you expect Nigeria to be great undecided

If after these 4 years you will still vote for buhari then I can only hope that your sudden inability to reason will correct itself.

I know the 30k monthly is tempting but don't let it cloud your judgement
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by hakeem4(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

How about age?

When was it constructed?

How has it been maintained?

Were the abutments (ground touching and bordering it) well protected from erosion?

I was passing that road to school 30years ago.
That bridge (box culvert, actually) was there even then.

If it was any of the issues you listed, that structure should have collapsed since 1990.
okay sir, nice observation
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by ifyboy60(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Used to pass there EVERY weekend 2016/17

Believe me, PMB (or Fashola maybe) would get re-elected if judged solely on the work he did on this road compared to other administrations.

There was a rumour that it was the Emir of Ilorin through his cronies that got the contract and refused to do it for decades.

The Emir was summoned to Aso Rock and when he went to the airport, he was turned back and ordered to come by road.

After the extremely bumpy ride to Abuja, PMB told him " that's the road you said you fixed, now get back to work" Work on the road was almost daily after then; weekly at least.

Its one of the most dangerous roads in Nigeria; lives are lost on a weekly basis.

This isnt the first time it would collapse. The VP went there when it did in 2017. Likely was a different segment then

PS - @ dvolt, so you too heard about the Emir angle ?

I believe its a false story/rumour
Re: Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge by Amastermovic(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
ojobek:
No dispute about your suggestion but double pipe culvert would haven been OK.

pipe culvert yes.. but it depends on the diameter.. ur suggestion is also cool bro..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Western Bye-Pass Road Completed By Buhari (Photos) / Nigerian Man From Ebonyi Dies In Italy Along With 11 Other Migrants / Gambian Man Drowns In Italy As Tourists Film, Laugh And Make Racist Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.