Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds (63214 Views)

Police Officers Stopped By Two Rottweilers In Owerri (Video) / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by cmecproblem(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2018
My boerboel suddenly decided it's the front porch right in front of the door that is most suitable for toilet, please any ideas how I can discourage this new habit?
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
cmecproblem:
My boerboel suddenly decided it's the front porch right in front of the door that is most suitable for toilet, please any ideas how I can discourage this new habit?
My Czar did exactly the same thing the first time he was taken outdoors...I guess he was already used to pooing in front of, or should I say behind, the front door while he was indoors so he wanted to continue with that believing it was acceptable.

All I had to do to stop it was to observe when he wanted to poo (sniffing the floor and moving around almost in circles) and then quickly pick him up and move him to where I wanted him to do his thing. Fortunately for me though I only had to do this once and Czar immediately got it...and he's been pooing in my chosen spot ever since.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:04am On Jul 03, 2018
Spike @ just under 13 months...

4 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
More of Spike @ almost 13 months...this guy has grown into a super guard dog without any training whatsoever. He doesn't like strangers walking within 12 feet of our see-through gate or fence, but strangely though he has no problem with any stranger that comes into the compound accompanied by a family member... sometimes I wonder how he learnt that, but I'm simply lov'n it... cool

7 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by agboedeh: 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
Rany4all:
More of Spike @ almost 13 months...this guy has grown into a super guard dog without any training whatsoever. He doesn't like strangers walking within 12 feet of our see-through gate or fence, but strangely though he has no problem with any stranger that comes into the compound accompanied by a family member... sometimes I wonder how he learnt that, but I'm simply lov'n it... cool
wow.......dis ur rott na solid.
funny enough, his not done growing and yet his this big.

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by agboedeh: 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
@rany4all,has there been any form of fight BTW your dogs(especially those of d same sex)

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
agboedeh:
wow.......did ur rott na solid.
funny enough, his not done growing and yet his this big.
Thanks! smiley
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
agboedeh:
@rany4all,has there been any form of fight BTW your dogs(especially those of d same sex)
No real fights o, only play fights. And Czar is even too 'fearful' of Spike to engage in play fights with him, talkless of real fight. Chelsea is the only one that gives Spike a run for his money when play fighting, the gsds tend to submit immediately Spike makes any attempt to play fight them. And Spike uses every opportunity he gets to show Czar he's the boss...he doesn't let him play with any toys or play fight with Chelsea.

Spike play fights with only Chelsea, Czar play fights with the girls (can only play with Chelsea when Spike is not looking though), Bella play fights with Czar and Chelsea, while Chelsea play fights with all.

5 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by agboedeh: 12:17am On Jul 05, 2018
nice .........spike is truely d boss
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
Here are some random pictures to feast your eyes on... wink

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
More random pictures...

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by vincentjk(m): 9:50am On Jul 07, 2018
Wow... These guys are so healthy

One night I'll come and steal czar and Chelsea and add them to my pack grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2018
vincentjk:
Wow... These guys are so healthy

One night I'll come and steal czar and Chelsea and add them to my pack grin
Lol...why Czar and not Bella na, thot you prefer short coat...
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by vincentjk(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2018
Rany4all:
Lol...why Czar and not Bella na, thot you prefer short coat...

That guy is too cute for my liking, I've been stalking this thread almost everyday to check on them and i think he looks better for me
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2018
vincentjk:

That guy is too cute for my liking, I've been stalking this thread almost everyday to check on them and i think he looks better for me
Hahaha, guess you're now officially a long-coat fan!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2018
Isabella @ 5 months just after playing under the rain...

This beauty has no problem whatsoever playing under the rain or jumping around in pools of water on the ground, but once it's time to bathe and she sees her bucket of water she immediately takes flight...it's always a struggle to bathe this girl, she never stays still and would usually cry from start to finish... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by vincentjk(m): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
Rany4all:
Hahaha, guess you're now officially a long-coat fan!

Lol... No matter the coat we still love our gsds tho
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
vincentjk:

Lol... No matter the coat we still love our gsds tho

Yeah, we do!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
Here is 'Mr Cute' @ 6 and half months... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Yorubaseeker: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2018
Nice thread
I like the attention you give to your dogs
if your Gsd gives birth I want one of those puppies
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2018
Yorubaseeker:
Nice thread
I like the attention you give to your dogs
if your Gsd gives birth I want one of those puppies
Thanks for the compliment bro...puppies are still a long way off though, but will keep you posted, hopefully!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bella picking a fight with Chelsea over Spike...she forget say she sef get her own guy cheesy

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
'Sitting' on his throne! King Spike @ 13 months plus... cool

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
So it's been like 19 days or so into Chelsea's 1st heat (not sure when it actually started though), and it's been a mostly miserable 19 days of isolation for Chelsea, and an absolute torment for Spike.

Spike has simply gone on 'hunger strike' in protest of Chelsea's isolation...all he wants nowadays is to be and have his way with Chelsea. He seems to be more aggressive towards Czar and no longer obeys my 'go in' command, which is meant to make him enter his house, even when I put his food inside the house. He barks and whines all day long and has been refusing feeds since we took Chelsea away from him. I have decided to get him an appetite stimulant today because he's gradually losing weight.

I just can't wait for this heat thing to end, so we can have our Spike back...it's been a frustrating couple of weeks for everyone. I pray the appetite stimulant works though, fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
grin Chelsea dey give am konji na and OP ever since page 9 haba fear God na cheesy
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
rumenase:
grin Chelsea dey give am konji na and OP ever since page 9 haba fear God na cheesy
Nor be small konji o bros grin grin grin .

wink...and didn't you read where someone advised I shouldn't rush it...? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
Rany4all:

Nor be small konji o bros grin grin grin .

wink...and didn't you read where someone advised I shouldn't rush it...? cheesy

e cor too slow o grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 5:14am On Jul 16, 2018
rumenase:

e cor too slow o grin
wink Na so...
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
Rany4all:
So it's been like 19 days or so into Chelsea's 1st heat (not sure when it actually started though), and it's been a mostly miserable 19 days of isolation for Chelsea, and an absolute torment for Spike.

Spike has simply gone on 'hunger strike' in protest of Chelsea's isolation...all he wants nowadays is to be and have his way with Chelsea. He seems to be more aggressive towards Czar and no longer obeys my 'go in' command, which is meant to make him enter his house, even when I put his food inside the house. He barks and whines all day long and has been refusing feeds since we took Chelsea away from him. I have decided to get him an appetite stimulant today because he's gradually losing weight.

I just can't wait for this heat thing to end, so we can have our Spike back...it's been a frustrating couple of weeks for everyone. I pray the appetite stimulant works though, fingers crossed!
Update on Spike's 'Heat Separation Anxiety' cheesy : So I got 2 different appetite stimulants from the pharmacy yesterday, just to be double sure if you know what I mean...Dynamogen oral solution and Cyprigold caplets.

I happen to be more familiar with Dynamogen because I've prescribed it for some of my patients before, I have used it personally as well and I have also given it to Spike in the past with good results. As for Cyprigold, I have only prescribed it for patients, but have never taken it myself nor have I given it to any of our dogs before. So with this in mind, I opted to start with Dynamogen, but Spike just wouldn't take it. He struggled to the extent that only some of the liquid went into his mouth, the rest pouring on his muzzle, which he lapped up with his tongue anyway.

Inspite of the dynamogen though, Spike still did not touch his food yesterday evening...maybe his problem was bigger than what a simple appetite stimulant could handle or the quantity that went in just wasn't enough.

Anyway, this morning I decided to do Cyprigold instead. I crushed a caplet and dissolved it in a little milk and sugar solution, which fortunately Spike gulped down eagerly...milk never seems to fail, the boy simply loves his milk cheesy. I know I'm dealing with something very serious whenever Spike starts rejecting milk.

A few minutes after administering the drug, I put Spike in his house and locked him up with his food, though the quantity of food was smaller than the usual...getting fed up with the wastage all because of 'woman' grin.

I'm happy to announce that Spike cleared his bowl this morning. So I plan to continue giving him the Cyprigold twice daily just before meals until the 'almighty heat' comes to an end...I pray (fingers crossed) it continues to work as it did this morning. I'll try increasing the quantity of his food this evening and see how it goes...

4 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
As it turns out I noticed a swelling on the inside of Spike's lower lip this evening, plus he's lost his voice probably from a sore throat or from all the barking, howling and whining he's been up to lately. Also noticed some whitish patches on his muzzle.

So maybe, just maybe, his lack of appetite or should I say refusal of feeds was not entirely due to 'heat separation anxiety' after all.

Called my Vet immediately, and he'll be coming in to take a look at Spike tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by cmecproblem(m): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sadly my boerboel passed away yesterday, even at the vet every one was like this dog is big! He was just 8 months. Stopped eating 3 days ago, suddenly turned anemic, rushed to the very first day he stopped eating, spent two days on drip, poo and pee normal but no change to the anemic condition, suspected heart condition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This ? / Stray Dog Begs 2 Russian Men To Save Her Puppy Covered In Tar (Pictures, Video) / Dog Lovers And Owners Join EndSARS Protest In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.