Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (107460 Views)

Bola Tinubu Commissioning Kudirat Abiola Way In June 2001 (Videos) / Remembering Kudirat Abiola: 24 Years After Her Assassination (Photos) / Kudirat Abiola's Children & Grandchildren (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Megzview(f): 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
With June 12 just right around the corner, we remember the events that occurred around the annulment of the most free and fair elections ever held in Nigeria. Today we are looking back at the infamous hit man of General Sani Abacha, Sergeant Barnabas Jabila aka Sergeant Rogers.

Now said to be a pastor, Sergeant Rogers was involved in the assassination of the wife of Moshood Abiola, Kudirat Abiola on the 9th of June 1996. He was a member of the Strike Force and Presidential Body Guard believed to be a death squad under the command of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, a trusted ally and the Chief Security Officer to late General Sani Abacha.

During the Human Rights Violation and Investigation Commission proceedings, he was called to bear defend himself against the petitions written against him. Accounts from the commission indicate he believed he was carrying out orders in the belief he was protecting the interest of the Country.

He was let go and was readmitted back into the Nigerian Army till 2009 when he was involved in an accident that affected his spinal cord.

During the dark days our dear country faced, Sgt Rogers held sway alongside several others serving the late General Abacha. Their reign was a reign of terror and it is sad that after the crimes committed, not a single person has been held to account for the roles they played.

Those who died for our democracy or were maimed deserve better than what has happened and while it could be argued that Sgt Rogers was merely carrying out orders, he should be held culpable as an accessory to the murder of innocent people.

As we approach June 12, we should remind ourselves every day the sacrifices made, for us to have democracy and ensure that never again will we be held captives within our own country.

http://megasblog.com/sergeant-rogers-the-infamous-hit-man-of-abacha/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by HungerBAD: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2018
This man that year.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Alariiwo: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2018
Hamza Al Mustapha that the buffoon released and is celebrated by Igbos till date.

Well thanks to MKO and other freedom fighters who laid down their lives so we can have democracy.
They are the true heroes we will never forget.

180 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 12, 2018
Alariiwo:
Hamza Al Mustapha that the buffoon released and is celebrated by Igbos till date.

Well thanks to MKO and other freedom fighters who laid down their lives so we can have democracy.
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified or not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.

295 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by GMBuhari: 1:14am On Jun 12, 2018
And that makes it Ok ?
CaptJeffry:
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Sirjamo: 1:16am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.
I am sure you wouldn't type this trash if it was Bianca Ojukwu that he was ordered to assassinate.

225 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by three: 1:33am On Jun 12, 2018

But "Abacha is fantastic" (*in Buhari's voice...)

list of top 4 People Abacha killed or attempted to kill among many who were incarcerated in Al-Mustapha and Omenka's gulag

Kudirat Abiola

Pa Alfred Rewane

Chief Abraham Adesanya

Chief Alex Ibru

embarassed embarassed embarassed

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by azimibraun: 2:21am On Jun 12, 2018
Hit Man indeed... Somebody just hide for corner shoot an unarmed woman and he was hailed for precision and deadliness more than the Man who took out JKF from the window of a storey building. As a kid, I thought the so called Sgt Rogers could shoot down an angel in heaven the way those old newspaper men and lawyers described him. I wonder what they wold have called the Goons who worked for Pablo Escobar. Hide shoot woman run with federal government backing and he is a deadly hitman. Story.

315 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 12, 2018
Sirjamo:
I am sure you wouldn't type this trash if it was Bianca Ojukwu that he was ordered to assassinate.
Read the beginning of my second paragraph well before raising unnecessary tribal sentiment.

Killing is bad and condemnable especially that of the innocent but when a soldier is given an order by a superior, he is not to be blamed for following the order.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by DONADAMS(m): 3:33am On Jun 12, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Mynd44: 3:51am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Alhajiemeritus: 4:57am On Jun 12, 2018
Mynd44:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

I am not sure there is anything like moral justification in the military book.

I think they go by the sayings 'Orders are Orders and Obey the Last Order.

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Khd95(m): 5:11am On Jun 12, 2018
He ends up with spinal cord injury, karma na dope bissssh grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by babyfaceafrica: 5:40am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Read the beginning of my second paragraph well before raising unnecessary tribal sentiment.

Killing is bad and condemnable especially that of the innocent but when a soldier is given an order by a superior, he is not to be blamed for following the order.

you are just speculating....so if a general orders a soldier to kill his father..he will do so..because orders are orders abi?.....orders can be refused with germane reasons .....

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by mu2sa2: 6:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Sgt Rogers was tried in court and acquitted. He is therefore innocent under the law. This, though, shouldn't stop the celebration of Abiola and his surviving 27 wives.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by CodeTemplar: 6:30am On Jun 12, 2018
azimibraun:
Hit Man indeed... Somebody just hide for corner shoot an unarmed woman and he was hailed for precision and deadliness more than the Man who took out JKF from the window of a storey building. As a kid, I thought the so called Sgt Rogers could shoot down an angel in heaven the way those old newspaper men and lawyers described him. I wonder what they wold have called the Goons who worked for Pablo Escobar. Hide shoot woman run with federal government backing and he is a deadly hitman. Story.
You are right in a way but he was deadly in a way. There was an attempt on BDO I heard.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Lipscomb(m): 6:54am On Jun 12, 2018
Jonathan stupid man released mustapha for political gain.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:17am On Jun 12, 2018
Sgt Rogers
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by zombieHUNTER: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2018
Alariiwo:

Children of hate
Spreading falsehood on social media just because of religious affiliation to the caliphate and ethnic sentiments.... Enjoy your 30k.. you have been noticed.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by OboOlora(f): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Paperwhite(m): 7:31am On Jun 12, 2018
This man was really a die-hard killer with lots of blood on his hands.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by anibi9674: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2018
hmm chief butcher rogers ,d strike chief of Abacha bin laden. I hail o. are you still alive? has the golden rule not caught up with you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 12, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Children of hate
Spreading falsehood on social media just because of religious affiliation to the caliphate and ethnic sentiments.... Enjoy your 30k.. you have been noticed.

Pls hw do thwy pay this 30k am so much interested

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by zombieHUNTER: 7:56am On Jun 12, 2018
Emzyme:

Pls hw do thwy pay this 30k am so much interested

If they have not sent you a private message then you are not a regular around here

14 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Davidfashman: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2018
K
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by morikee: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2018
Sgt. Rochas o*****
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by oyetunder(m): 8:23am On Jun 12, 2018
lipsrsealed[sub][/sub]

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Yesbody: 8:24am On Jun 12, 2018
Nemesis has catch up with him, he had an accident and could not walk again

6 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by roqrules04(m): 8:24am On Jun 12, 2018
Loyal beechnigga
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by AutoSpaNg: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018
yiut
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by seunlayi(m): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018

Bringing back all these memory especially of this coward called hitman Rogers which even most of the present leaders are guilty of its just to distract us from our present predicament. Nairalanders, things are still not working in this country. Those injustice of those days are still there. Wake up

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suhaila Ibrahim Zakzaky With Soleimani's Daughter In Iran (Photos) / President Buhari On A Condolence Visit To Bauchi (Photos) / Inside Human Parts Market In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.