Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (107621 Views)

Bola Tinubu Commissioning Kudirat Abiola Way In June 2001 (Videos) / Remembering Kudirat Abiola: 24 Years After Her Assassination (Photos) / Kudirat Abiola's Children & Grandchildren (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Jun 12, 2018
Mynd44:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

Bross nah Lie oh, Order is Order., hence Generals get persecuted in the world court even though they did not see action but merely gave order.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 12, 2018
mu2sa2:
Sgt Rogers was tried in court and acquitted. He is therefore innocent under the law. This, though, shouldn't stop the celebration of Abiola and his surviving 27 wives.
wow he has 27 wives?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by FRANKLAD1: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
Jonathan stupid man released mustapha for political gain.
do u knw dis mustapha's release has shed more light to some hidden stories abt dis country, babangida, abacha and abiola himself. (if u care to knw abiolad wasnt killd by Tea.) u need to get a copy of this vcd (asiri nigeria by mayowa orisatola and his crew) u will undastnd wat i mean..

So i thnk mustapha is a gud man
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by zeenaman: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2018
Lipscomb:

He did that for stupid, insane selfish political motive. He was in his mind going to win the support of the northerners with the gesture. It's time we Nigerians stopped being gullible and making ourselves susceptible to rediculous deceits

3 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by buskie13(m): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
I am not sure there is anything like moral justification in the military book.

I think they go by the sayings 'Orders are Orders and Obey the Last Order.
are you arguing with a dumb person,? kids born yesterday talking about what they do not know about military rules and orders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Princealex1(m): 8:51am On Jun 12, 2018
Democracy, Democracy, Democracy. Was there a time nigeria experience this??
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2018
Yesbody:
Nemesis has catch up with him, he had an accident and could not walk again
Ok
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by babyfaceafrica: 8:53am On Jun 12, 2018
Neoteny:

There is no military where illegal orders are to be blindly followed. Even the military has rules of engagement which are a sort of codified ethics.

In Nuremberg so many Nazis tried to walk that path, known as 'the Nuremberg defense', but they quickly found out their folly.

The Nuremberg Principle IV states:

"The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him."

This is what nailed Dostler.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Wisebisho: 8:53am On Jun 12, 2018
Alariiwo:
Hamza Al Mustapha that the buffoon released and is celebrated by Igbos till date.

Well thanks to MKO and other freedom fighters who laid down their lives so we can have democracy.
They are the true heroes we will never forget.
Please leave igbos alone. Blame your fellow stupid Yoruba's for allowing poor MKO to die like a cockroach in the hands of their slave master. ...Ndi ofe mmanu..

2 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by babyfaceafrica: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2018
TEYA:

No, you got it wrong. Rogers was a truly good sniper. Kudirat's car was at top speed, the car carrying Rogers was on high speed too. While overtaking Kudirat's car Sergent Rogers shot and killed her with a single bullet in the head. I find Rogers disgusting though, but he did not hide in a corner like you claimed.
can I see the video of what you described?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2018
so this assassin is still alive?how and why?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by maasoap(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Read the beginning of my second paragraph well before raising unnecessary tribal sentiment.

Killing is bad and condemnable especially that of the innocent but when a soldier is given an order by a superior, he is not to be blamed for following the order.

CaptJeffry:
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.

You are spewing trash. An order to commit crime against humanity? If you are so right, I wonder why all those who carried out Adolf Hitler's orders were prosecuted many years after the war ended. And if Al Mustapha's wife and children were lined up and he was given the order to shoot them, would he have done that? No. He would refuse to comply and face the consequences, that was what he should have done.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by olisaEze(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2018
OboOlora:
There are ‘badder’ political hitmen now like ‘abu_bel’ on IG. He’s a known political hitman for Otunba Gbenga Daniels!

Be careful what u say online, don't cast aspersions based on what uve overheard unless u can defend it all on ur own.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by tallestcash: 8:59am On Jun 12, 2018
Sergeant Rogers, other killers and all enemies of June 12 shall never know peace

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by opeyemicollins(m): 9:00am On Jun 12, 2018
He will surely paid for all he did if not hear but hereafter but i know vividly that MKO Abiola is justify and all the people that paid alot of sacrifice are all been vindicated.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by OboOlora(f): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2018
olisaEze:

Be careful what u say online, don't cast aspersions based on what uve overheard unless u can defend it all on ur own.
Thanks. Took it down already!

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2018
pawesome:
Abacha....that's who Nigerians need

At least he was d only one looting not now dt every bloody politician has turned looting into a business grin
lol, this ur post eh.. Imagine we just need one looter
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Henon: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
Court of jurisdiction released him not Jonathan.

Dey hate small small.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by maasoap(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2018
FRANKLAD1:
do u knw dis mustapha's release has shed more light to some hidden stories abt dis country, babangida, abacha and abiola himself. (if u care to knw abiolad wasnt killd by Tea.) u need to get a copy of this vcd (asiri nigeria by mayowa orisatola and his crew) u will undastnd wat i mean..

So i thnk mustapha is a gud man

A good man of course, so long your mother wasn't one of his victims. I'm sure that if your father was one of his victims, you wouldn't find it funny if I ask you to say thank you to him for a job well done. Nonsense!
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by fergie001: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Neoteny:

I'm Fulani. I went to a nomadic Almajiri school

Humour me

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Minjim: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Read the beginning of my second paragraph well before raising unnecessary tribal sentiment.

Killing is bad and condemnable especially that of the innocent but when a soldier is given an order by a superior, he is not to be blamed for following the order.

You can go to prison for carrying Out unlawfull order. When given an order, you also have to rationalize the intent, mortality and legality of the order you're told to execute.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-orders-3332819

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by lovat(m): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:

Your last paragraph has been dealt with in the Nuremberg trials of Wehrmacht and Nazi officers and most of them were hanged for war crimes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by OBJlive: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2018
I wander our problem with Ibo people. Ibo man was not the head of state when election was counciled.They were not responsible for the killing of the Abiolas.But Igbo man conducted the election and he went on announcing the results against military orders and at the risk of loosing his life.
I think we should commend them because they are the heroes of June 12

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

3 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by OBJlive: 9:14am On Jun 12, 2018
I wander our problem with Ibo people. Ibo man was not the head of state when election was counciled.They were not responsible for the killing of the Abiolas.But Igbo man conducted the election and he went on announcing the results against military orders and at the risk of loosing his life.
I think we should commend them because they are the heroes of June 12

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
like if you agree and share if you disagree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 12, 2018
Mynd44:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

Mynd44! I want you to know order from the above in millitary cannot be query whatsoever. Millitary understand go alone. In such a situation, I always say I don't have flair for millitary.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Unluckrees(m): 9:18am On Jun 12, 2018
Imagine if his name was Sgt. Onyebuchi.

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by srclark: 9:20am On Jun 12, 2018
azimibraun:
Hit Man indeed... Somebody just hide for corner shoot an unarmed woman and he was hailed for precision and deadliness more than the Man who took out JKF from the window of a storey building. As a kid, I thought the so called Sgt Rogers could shoot down an angel in heaven the way those old newspaper men and lawyers described him. I wonder what they wold have called the Goons who worked for Pablo Escobar. Hide shoot woman run with federal government backing and he is a deadly hitman. Story.
the guy na bad guy oooo he was sent to Korea for training na bad sniper ooo that guy is very dangerous .The kind of training he was sent for is called bird shelling or something they hardly miss their target .he can shoot through a hole without expanding it from a distance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Dammylois(f): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2018
Today na today
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2018
I thought it was Captain America, that’s the only sgt Rogers I know
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by muffyt05: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.

Yet you people still continue to blame the military guys that killed Igbos. Were they not obeying orders? Shiooor
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 9:23am On Jun 12, 2018
fergie001:

Humour me

Lols I am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Human Parts Market In Lagos. / Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) / 2023 Elections: Abuja Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.