Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 (48130 Views)

Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities / Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail / Omoyele Sowore With MKO Abiola In 1993 Fighting For Democracy (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Adamrealman78: 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
If you knew sowore during SUG days in unilag.you wouldn't ever think about voting for him.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by ElsonMorali: 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
frankwyte:

[s]
So after Abiola's demise what happened to Sowere thereafter? I guess you joined the likes of the Tinubu, the Dele Momodu of this world who think wealth acquired in darkness is better than fine name! Now you remember how you started but was silent on why you stopped and now surface to lay claim.... You just betrayed your conscience my brother. Not surprised because it's a perfect example of we the Yoruba race[/s]
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by ElsonMorali: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
Joylove2324:
so we should now cast our vote for sowore abi?not possible

Why? Because he's Yoruba?
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by ElsonMorali: 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Torre1:
See him way back, TAKE IT BACK

Wow. Where'd you get that? YouTube?
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by ElsonMorali: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
aktom007:

Abiola a civilian ran away and he's a coward...ojukwu a military officer ran away after starting a war and he's a hero....God will forgive your hatred

Pay no attention to the yeye guy.

He doesn't realize that the action of his tin God Emeka Ojukwu was punishable by death since he was what is commonly referred to as a deserter in military parlance.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by 3kay945(m): 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
Bari22:
Attention seeker

Seeking attention for what he did or did not

undecided
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Joylove2324(f): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2018
ElsonMorali:

tell me the reason why we should vote him?
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by ElsonMorali: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Joylove2324:

tell me the reason why we should vote him?

1. He's been consistent in the fight for democracy in Nigeria. He's faced down military despots like Abacha and Abdulsalam.

2. He has been in the forefront of the fight against corruption. His online media organization has published incriminating facts about almost all known politician in Nigeria without bias or partiality.

3. He has single handedly built from scratch a thriving and successful international online media organization.

4. He is honest and has integrity. He could have been very rich from bribes etc which he has consistently rejected, exposing them all the more.

5. It is very obvious that he loves Nigeria. Any other person in his shoes would just sit in NewYork and be running his Sahara Reporters from there, yet he's in Nigeria worrying the consciences of our useless leaders.

6. He has a Masters degree in Public Administration from an Ivy league university, Colombia University in the US. That makes him even more qualified than the others.

7. He has never held any public office in Nigeria. This makes him a fresh start for us.

8. He is young and dynamic.

9. The only other available people for presidency have been or are currently part of the rot.

10. He is Yoruba and he makes Igbos who support corruption very angry. That's why they abuse him at every turn and that's why he's good for Nigeria.

Do me a favor, go on YouTube and find the video where Sowore publicly embarrassed a sitting minister of Nigeria at a function in NewYork because she came late for her own function.

The day I saw that video in 2013 my respect for the guy increase in multiple folds.

Now, why don't you want to vote for him?

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by guy222: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2020
datribune:
Sowore & Sahara Reporters will one day take their rightful place in nigerian history. Many people do not really know what Sahara Reporters & its founder Omoyele Sowore stand for.
Sowore is one of d greatest nigerian patriots of all time whose life is dedicated to good governance in nigeria. He was one of d leading lights who suffered greatly in d struggle 4 democracy in nigeria & he keeps fighting 4 a better country. SOWORE & SAHARA REPORTERS DO NOT CARE 4 UR APC OR PDP. Their concern is for good governance in Nigeria.
did i hear you say sowore suffer greatly in the struggle of democracy in Nigeria? This is what they told you in a drinking joint right? It is either you are confusing sowore for someone else or your brain need serious factory setting. But to me i feel your brain is paining you. Abeg you better hurry up and take your medication.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by jude79(m): 10:25am On Oct 04, 2020
[quote author=robinso01 post=68400258] bro, you are free to vote for anyone you wish and so am I, I just don't have good feelings about this man, the same way I felt about Buhari in 2015.[/quote

Exactly, theirs this gut feeling I always had when someone that's bad news is around, and it's always on the mark, it had made me very successful in taking business decisions and avoiding scammers, I was a kid when obasanjo was vying for president and I was all out for him to succeed, I worked for yar adua and Jonathan too but when friends where caught up in the buhari frenzy, I vehemently opposed it. Whenever I observe this man sowore I noticed that same kind of gut feeling of an unholy foreboding, I can't place my hands on it, but I don't think that he has the capacity for equity, when trusted with power, maybe it's because of his hasty decisions in accusing the former administration, which after investigation where later found to be mostly baseless and untrue, and I don't think I've heard him apologising for those allegations that were later found to be untrue, that he can't apologize when he finds out he is wrong leaves a lot of bad taste to his character.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by jude79(m): 10:56am On Oct 04, 2020
ElsonMorali:

Obasanjo is Yoruba and he fought against se/ss during the biafran war, yet they voted for him. Yat adua was a fulani man yet se/ss voted for him. It will take you a thousand years to reach the political maturity of se/ss.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by datribune: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2020
guy222:
did i hear you say sowore suffer greatly in the struggle of democracy in Nigeria? This is what they told you in a drinking joint right? It is either you are confusing sowore for someone else or your brain need serious factory setting. But to me i feel your brain is paining you. Abeg you better hurry up and take your medication.

Hahaha, another lazy Nigerian youth. Lol.
d time u used in writing this poo would've been better utilized in trying to educate urself or asking d elders about things u have absolutely no knowledge of. In d absence of a history curriculum in our schools, d youth should try to gather knowledge on their own.

I repeat, without d likes of Sowore who risked his life to stand up against military rule & d annulment of d June 12 elections, democracy in Nigeria would hav remained a mirage.
Sowore's life has been one of consistent struggle against injustice in Nigeria.

In 1992, 21-yr old Sowore led a 5,000-strong students protest against IBB's military govt. d police killed many activists & about 120 were arrested. Sowore survived & was charged wit trying to overthrow d military govt which at that time attracts d death penalty. He was later released but expelled frm UniLag & banned frm re-admission to any other university in Nigeria. He challenged d decision in court & won.
Sowore was to later return to UniLag in 1993 & was elected president of d student union. However, on d eve of his final exams, govt operatives attacked him, beat him up & left him for dead. Sowore was taking to hospital where he was admitted for a long time.
d struggle for democracy wasn't an easy one.
Sowore was a leading light of d June 12 movement; a pro-democracy coalition that rejected d annulment of d 1993 Presidential election that was won by MKO Abiola.
Sowore stood wit other men of conscience at d barricades to fight for democracy. Many Activists were killed & many maimed. Abacha hauled thousands of persons into jail. Sowore would eventually find his way to a life in exile in d United States where he created an online platform, Sahara Reporters, thru which he launched another campaign against excesses in Nigeria.

Long before all these, in 1989 Sowore was instrumental in leading Students' protests that stopped d Nigerian military govt under IBB frm collecting d IMF loan wit its negative conditionalities.

Even in this dispensation, Sowore & Sahara Reporters were at d forefront in d national struggle to make GEJ president when d Turai Yaradua cabal tried to deny him his dues.

Regardless of what might be happening now, Patriots & students of Nigerian history know that Sowore has always meant well for Nigeria.

Pls educate yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adedayo Omolafe Is Dead / Neya Uzor Kalu's Look To Seyi Tinubu's Wedding / Nigerian Pilot Excited To Fly Peter Obi To Ghana Last Night - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.