Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD (1856 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2018
Only while accelerating, I do feel some vibration from the front right side of my 2005 EOD.
I have listened carefully, there is no noise; but I feel the vibration from pedal area (not from steering).

Checked online. Suggestions are to check inner or outer CV joints.
Someone here suggested it's probably drive axle or brake disc.
Another suggests it's from shaft.
Mechanic says it's either engine rear seats or from transmission (saying mine does not use shaft). He said to change engine seats first.

Gurus in the house, please advise.

cc. thebigkendo, mayor2013, gazzuzz, luvinhubby, kingreign, sooperrescue, and all profs.
All protocols observed. cool cool
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2018
ThatErha:
Only while accelerating, I do feel some vibration from the front right side of my 2005 EOD.
I have listened carefully, there is no noise; but I feel the vibration from pedal area (not from steering).

Mechanic says it's either engine rear seats or from transmission (saying mine does not use shaft). He said to change engine seats first.

cc. thebigkendo, mayor2013, gazz.uzz, luvinhubby, kingreign, sooperrescue, and all profs.

Replace Pair of C.V joints (complete)

1 Like

Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by tolugar: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2018
better go check it out.

watch out your tyre is about to pull

1 Like

Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Replace Pair of C.V joints (complete)
Thanks boss.

tolugar:
better go check it out.

watch out your tyre is about to pull

My brother, I don't want to get anywhere near that situation.
To me, this little observation is a big warning sign.
So, I have since parked the car. Not driving it until I am armed with enough knowledge to get it fixed.
And not by Kazeems.

Prevention is always best.
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by HyundaiMechco: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
I think that shouldn't be ur problem is our problem bring the car in question to our workshop to solve it 4 u call our hot line 09099298813 08096895925
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by HyundaiMechco: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
I think that shouldn't be ur problem is our problem bring the car in question to our workshop to solve it 4 u call our hot line 09099298813 or 08096895925
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
HyundaiMechco:
I think that shouldn't be ur problem is our problem bring the car in question to our workshop to solve it 4 u call our hot line 09099298813 or 08096895925

Thanks
But what are the likely causes please ?
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by flecho: 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
ThatErha:

cc. thebigkendo, mayor2013, gazzuzz, luvinhubby, kingreign, sooperrescue, and all profs.
Remove the tyre and Inspect, especially the Inner tie rod or engine seat

1 Like

Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks flecho.

Done that briefly before.
But I followed your advice and gave it a thorough look.

Tierods and ball joints seem fine. No sign of crack, damage or free play.
Next, outer CV joint. This was fine too. No damage to the rubber boot and no grease leak. Axle from outer CV joint to center weight was clean and dry.

Next, inner CV joint. Yeah, this is the culprit.
I couldn't see any obvious damage or tear on its rubber boot, but I saw signs of grease leak all over the axle, from the inner CV joint to the center weight.

Will need to get that replaced.
Thanks guys.
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
ThatErha:
Thanks flecho.

Done that briefly before.
But I followed your advice and gave it a thorough look.

Tierods and ball joints seem fine. No sign of crack, damage or free play.
Next, outer CV joint. This was fine too. No damage to the rubber boot and no grease leak. Axle from outer CV joint to center weight was clean and dry.

Next, inner CV joint. Yeah, this is the culprit.
I couldn't see any obvious damage or tear on its rubber boot, but I saw signs of grease leak all over the axle, from the inner CV joint to the center weight.

Will need to get that replaced.
Thanks guys.

baba is still too much....
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

baba is still too much....

Chief, please what do you mean?
I don't get.
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by rj45plug: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bring out ur axle shaft and examine dat d bearings are well positioned on d shaft spider within d inboard joint. Clean d bearings ensuring dat they turn smoothly when u rotate each one gradually. Wipe out d old remnant grease and then re-grease d inboard CV joint. If d boot is still ok, tightening both ends with boot bands/clips. 2ndly, check ur engine mounts.

1 Like

Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 7:54am On Nov 27, 2018
Months later, tackling the CV joints did not solve the problem.
Grease on axle was the uncleaned leftover during previous installation not long ago.

Real culprit is the right wheel bearing.
Has now become noisy. Easy to identify now cos roaring noise increases as speed increases.

Hope this helps somebody.

Will probably solve this DIY and come up with pics when I can.
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by HRtechnique: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
ThatErha:
Months later, tackling the CV joints did not solve the problem.
Grease on axle was the uncleaned leftover during previous installation not long ago.

Real culprit is the right wheel bearing.
Has now become noisy. Easy to identify now cos roaring noise increases as speed increases.

Hope this helps somebody.

Will probably solve this DIY and come up with pics when I can.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by mayor2013: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
CV joints and shaft damaged the wheel hub bearing. You continued driving without caution. I can bet my one cent You would change the CV joints
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Probably a bad passenger side engine mount. Common with Honda Accord of that generation. Slight vibration from passengr side, a mechanic changed the whole suspension components problem still persists until that engine mount was changed.

1 Like

Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
mayor2013:
CV joints and shaft damaged the wheel hub bearing. You continued driving without caution. I can bet my one cent You would change the CV joints

Bros, you obviously didn't read through.
CV joints (Infact, entire drive shaft) changed long ago, problem persisted.
Sometime later, noise heard while at speeding down highway (not city driving). Bearing fault suspected.

UPDATE
On proper inspection (for bearing noise), found out the rear right bearing was the culprit. (not front right as previously thought.) Rear right hub replaced, noise gone.
PS: Sorry, no pictures as promised but there are many videos for this on YouTube.

So for vibration issue, I may have to go with greenhulk and get engine mount inspected.
Re: Little Vibration From Right Front Wheel -- '05 EOD by ThatErha: 12:27am On Jan 31, 2019
Done.

All three engine mounts replaced.
Vibration gone.

Many thanks y'all.

I've learnt a lot.
Hope this helps somebody out there too.
cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

That Honda Accord Front End Embarrassment / Can I Use 215/60/r16 For 2005 Toyota Corolla Sport / Nissan GTR Fast But Not That Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.