Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food (4993 Views)

Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit / Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick / Abacha Food: How To Prepare Abacha|african Salad Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 7:02am On Jun 13, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTNeXAy2YlI

Nigeria is so so blessed not only with oil and gas but with a lot of easy nutritious foods. Many of these foods are common and native to some tribes while other are not so common and yet to be discovered. It is high time we explore our bloved Nigeria and find out the many hidden foods from each tribe that not are yet known by majority.

The food you are about to learn now is called “Amuam or Amora”, it is a typical “Tarok Food” in Plateau State. The Hausas in the North called this Food Amora while the indigenous people (Tarok tribe called it Amwuam.

Amora is indeed is a mouth-watering porridge which you can’t even get enough because of it’s savoury taste and it is one of the simplest you can prepare at any time of the day. This food is made with starch (starch plant) as one of the basic ingredients; the starch plant looks or resembles cocoyam corm, it is usually peeled, sundried and grind into powder form. The steps below show you how to make Amora, the Tarok traditional food. Also watch the video too for simple illustration.

Amora Ingredients

1. 3-cup starch
2. 500g of Liver/heart
3. 3 medium sized dried fish
4. 1 medium onion
5. 3 scotch bonnets
6. 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
7. 2 stock cubes
8. ½ cup green peas
9. 3 medium carrots chopped
10. ½-cup palm oil
11. Salt to taste

Steps on How to Prepare Amora

1. Rinse liver into a pot and season it with onion, pepper, stock cube and salt and place on heat to cook.
2. Diced the carrots, ½ onion, dress the dried fish and pound peppers and set all of these aside.
3. Once the liver has cooked, separate it from the broth, cut into tiny pieces and set aside.
4. Add one cup of water to the meat water and bring to a boil, add palm oil, the chopped onion, pepper , stock cube and let the oil dissolve.
5. Add the dried fish, liver, carrots, and the peas and cook the stock for 5 minutes so that the carrots become soft.
6. Reduce the heat to medium-low; use your hand to fetch the starch into to the content while stirring with the other hand. A spatula is best
for this process.
7. Keep adding the starch to the stock until it starts to thicken. Once it has thickened, stop adding the starch and keep mixing until the white
starch is longer visible in the pot.
8. Leave the Amora to cook for five minutes with the lid closed, come back to it and stir, take it off heat.
9. Amora (Amwuam) is ready, serve it warm just as it is.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Angelsss
KimberlyWest
Queenitee. Good morning

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by symbianDON(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2018
when I saw tarok I was thinking it was a distant tribe in Asia....lol....food looks very appealing.....wish I could get the starch plant....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by Yuneehk(f): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2018
symbianDON:
when I saw tarok I was thinking it was a distant tribe in Asia....lol....food looks very appealing.....wish I could get the starch plant....
The taroks are those from Langtang North, and Langtang South in Plateau State. These are what I think sound Asian grin grin
Vinegurl and food. Yours look sumptuous but I wouldn't try it tongue lest I purge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by fajul: 8:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Nigeria is blessed indeed with food variety.
The Tarok is the tribe of sport minister: Solomon Dalung and if he sees this food, he can buy it for 10,000 per plate because they really cherish this food.

3 Likes

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by zopaks: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2018
this vinegirl can cook anything!!

1 Like

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by zopaks: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTNeXAy2YlI

Nigeria is so so blessed not only with oil and gas but with a lot of easy nutritious foods. Many of these foods are common and native to some tribes while other are not so common and yet to be discovered. It is high time we explore our bloved Nigeria and find out the many hidden foods from each tribe that not are yet known by majority.

The food you are about to learn now is called “Amuam or Amora”, it is a typical “Tarok Food” in Plateau State. The Hausas in the North called this Food Amora while the indigenous people (Tarok tribe called it Amwuam.

Amora is indeed is a mouth-watering porridge which you can’t even get enough because of it’s savoury taste and it is one of the simplest you can prepare at any time of the day. This food is made with starch (starch plant) as one of the basic ingredients; the starch plant looks or resembles cocoyam corm, it is usually peeled, sundried and grind into powder form. The steps below show you how to make Amora, the Tarok traditional food. Also watch the video too for simple illustration.

Amora Ingredients

1. 3-cup starch
2. 500g of Liver/heart
3. 3 medium sized dried fish
4. 1 medium onion
5. 3 scotch bonnets
6. 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
7. 2 stock cubes
8. ½ cup green peas
9. 3 medium carrots chopped
10. ½-cup palm oil
11. Salt to taste

Steps on How to Prepare Amora

1. Rinse liver into a pot and season it with onion, pepper, stock cube and salt and place on heat to cook.
2. Diced the carrots, ½ onion, dress the dried fish and pound peppers and set all of these aside.
3. Once the liver has cooked, separate it from the broth, cut into tiny pieces and set aside.
4. Add one cup of water to the meat water and bring to a boil, add palm oil, the chopped onion, pepper , stock cube and let the oil dissolve.
5. Add the dried fish, liver, carrots, and the peas and cook the stock for 5 minutes so that the carrots become soft.
6. Reduce the heat to medium-low; use your hand to fetch the starch into to the content while stirring with the other hand. A spatula is best
for this process.
7. Keep adding the starch to the stock until it starts to thicken. Once it has thickened, stop adding the starch and keep mixing until the white
starch is longer visible in the pot.
8. Leave the Amora to cook for five minutes with the lid closed, come back to it and stir, take it off heat.
9. Amora (Amwuam) is ready, serve it warm just as it is.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Angelsss
KimberlyWest
Queenitee. Good morning

vinegurl at it again, NL best cook hands down!

1 Like

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by fajul: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Come and eat my tribal food

Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
I am silently watching
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
symbianDON:
Lol distant tribe in China? The starch is only common in Plateau, but I don't if it's available elsewhere.
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2018
zopaks:

vinegurl at it again, NL best cook hands down!
Thanks dear
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
zopaks:
this vinegirl can cook anything!!
Lol grin, I love to try new things you know?
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
Yuneehk:

The taroks are those from Langtang North, and Langtang South in Plateau State. These are what I think sound Asian grin grin
Vinegurl and food. Yours look sumptuous but I wouldn't try it tongue lest I purge.
Hey, it won't purg you dear. This food has been longer than you think and the eaters are still alive

1 Like

Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
fajul:
Nigeria is blessed indeed with food variety.
The Tarok is the tribe of sport minister: Solomon Dalung and if he sees this food, he can buy it for 10,000 per plate because they really cherish this food.

Yea, I'm sure you're a tarok guy by the way sound.
That Mr Dalung should better come carry this his tribal food oo
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by queenitee(f): 9:31am On Jun 14, 2018
I've never heard of the tribe before, not to mention the food, but it looks tempting. Comman gimme
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
queenitee:
I've never heard of the tribe before, not to mention the food, but it looks tempting. Comman gimme
Hahaha, you know Nigeria is a big country, there are other tribes that we have not yet known. I'm bringing a small portion for you dear.
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by queenitee(f): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
vinegurl:

Hahaha, you know Nigeria is a big country, there are other tribes that we have not yet known. I'm bringing a small portion for you dear.
Thank you
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by vinegurl(f): 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2018
queenitee:

Thank you
Welcome
Re: Amora Food: How To Cook Amora Food (amuam) A Typical Tarok Food by kingkoded: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
How to make an awesome Egusi soup

The general Egusi Soup, also known as melon seed soup, is a healthy and easy dinner recipe that is sure to make your mouth water (initiate saliva flow). Made with a variety of vegetables, this meal is enriched with nature’s earthy goodness and will definitely leave you licking your fingers!

Ingredients

• 200 g of Egusi seed,
• 400 g of beef,
• 50 g of cooked and boned stock fish pieces,
• 3 Tbsp. (45ml) of ground dried crayfish,
• 1 small bunch of Ugwu or bitter leaves,
• 50 ml of palm oil,
• 2 Knorr Stock Cubes,
• 1 small onions,
• 4 large fresh tomatoes,
• 1 tsp (5ml) ground chilli powder.

Preparation Method

Cut the beef into small cubes, season with one chopped onion and one Stock Cube (maggi). Add half a cup of water and boil for about 10 minutes or until..... to continue, click https://promomonger.com/the-new-way-to-prepare-a-mouth-watering-appetizing-tasty-flavoursome-flavourful-egusi-soup/

(1) (Reply)

D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook / How Do You Prepare Your Indomie? / How Do I Prepare Edikaikong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.