Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk (25721 Views)

How I Make Peppered Pomo With Plantain- Easy Steps (Photos & Video) / Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) / Shocking: What They Failed To Tell You About Soya Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by maxiuc(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Princesstee:

Don't worry, we have noticed u
hello
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2018
joepentwo:

which one is DATE ?
Dabinu
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
That's a lazy people's way of making Soya Milk, any soya milk you don't first of all take to the engine to brake and extract the chaffs, hit fry like you are frying groundnut, then taken back to the engine again to grind in form of a powdered is not a Soya milk. Mind you, that's just the first stage of processing Soya Milk, the second stage involve the cooking stage, a good Soya Milk does not need any additive (vanilla as mention) apart from just honey, but if you feel you have the whole day just to make soya milk, you can just make Tiger Nut juice and add to your Soya Milk, that will save you from adding any additional additive.
Nice way to show your ignorance. Fry soy you intend to use for milk? Odiegwu

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by johnnyn1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks for this @OP.

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by GentlePEACE: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
op thanks. I thought of this last week. I wanna add weight asap
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by davillian(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
That's a lazy people's way of making Soya Milk, any soya milk you don't first of all take to the engine to brake and extract the chaffs, hit fry like you are frying groundnut, then taken back to the engine again to grind in form of a powdered is not a Soya milk. Mind you, that's just the first stage of processing Soya Milk, the second stage involve the cooking stage, a good Soya Milk does not need any additive (vanilla as mention) apart from just honey, but if you feel you have the whole day just to make soya milk, you can just make Tiger Nut juice and add to your Soya Milk, that will save you from adding any additional additive.
My mum knows how to do both, but the one you mentioned she does that for babies she adds cray fish to it before blending it.
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by successking401(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
I generally made this article for those who love to learn how to make soya milk,those who will see this article and decide to give making soya milk a try and those who wants to read and enjoy the article and then keep the info learnt for future use, we all in this together.
As you keep reading which ever side you are on, you will definitely learn how to make soya milk.

Soya milk is a refreshing drink which is pretty high in protein. It is an alternate to cow milk which we mostly drink.
Soya milk is made from soya beans which you can find in most Nigerian markets.
Soya milk is not that cost effective,which means that you won’t find it difficult when buying it if you want to drink it daily.
You can have soya milk with a snack and it keeps you full.You can also have it after a meal which is a great start to keep your protein intake high.
Now lets get down to “how to make soya milk”.

Ingredients for making soya milk.

1-3 cups of soya beans(Depending on the quantity you want to make).

3 cooking spoon of sugar (or you can add and taste till you get the taste of your choice.

4 litres of water and

1 cap of vanilla flavour.

Tools needed for making soya milk

The blender

A cooking spoon

A pot and bowl and

Sieve.

Preparing the soya milk

Soak the amout of soya beans you want to make in water and leave overnight. Don’t let it stay too long in the water so it doesn’t ferment and smell.
8-10 hours of soaking it will be ok for it.
This is to make it soft and easy when grinding.

The next day, you will notice that the beans is all swollen up and soft,then you will need to rub the soya beans a little so as to remove the chaff (back coat).
When you rub the soya beans,add water and sieve out continously till the chaff is all out and then keep the bean aside

Get the blender ready,put the soya beans into the blender,pour water into the blender which should cover the soya beans and then blend.

After blending,strain the blend with a sieve into the pot and assit it a bit using the cooking spoon by making some moves on it with your hands so as to make sure all the juice drop into the pot.

Now the soya milk is half ready,
So still put the pot containing the soya milk on a medium heat and and stir.

Now after like 15minutes of the heat, add the vanilla flavour to the pot containing the soya milk and stir it more for 5 minutes.
By this time your soya milk should be good to go, off the heat and allow the soya milk to cool.

Then for the final time sieve the soya milk again to remove any remaining chaff or particle so as to give you that smooth taste.

Now the final part you have been waiting for.
Use a cup and scoop the soya milk and pour into small cans or bottle and then keep it in fridge to be chilled,as soya milk is mostly enjoyed when chiiled.
If you intend for the soya milk to stay a long period of time, assuming you made it in big quantity, then you will have to store it in a freezer.

Source-http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/how-to-make-soya-milk/

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by pat077: 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
Respect55:
Store it in a freezer with which light undecided
torch light
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by pat077: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
I prefer zobo drink
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by HallaDaTruth: 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
All the men reading this, please avoid this drink, it contains lots of oestrogen hormones. Drinking it overtime gives you girly features
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Respect55(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
;l
pat077:
torch light
grin grin
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by ImaIma1(f): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2018
maxiuc:
cheesy

All this ladies will avoid this thread

My boss got the wife in life
This woman is very kitchen handy infact she knows all ways to make things herself
Juice kids take to school
Burger meat pie
Yogurt
Any type of juice

When it comes to soup forget she is wonderful sometimes I do give her to make soups for me
You can be giving your husband indomie and expect him to shine in the other room
Akwa Ibom ayaya

Indeed Akwaibom ayaya cheesy.

My inlaw makes meatpie, zobo, chinchin and things the kids take to school. At least you control the junk that your children take instead of ribena all the time. She is my mentor.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by kentochi(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
I generally made this article for those who love to learn how to make soya milk,those who will see this article and decide to give making soya milk a try and those who wants to read and enjoy the article and then keep the info learnt for future use, we all in this together.
As you keep reading which ever side you are on, you will definitely learn how to make soya milk.

Soya milk is a refreshing drink which is pretty high in protein. It is an alternate to cow milk which we mostly drink.
Soya milk is not that cost effective,which means that you won’t find it difficult when buying it if you want to drink it daily.
You can have soya milk with a snack and it keeps you full.You can also have it after a meal which is a great start to keep your protein intake high.

3 cooking spoon of sugar (or you can add and taste till you get the taste of your choice.

4 litres of water and

The blender

A cooking spoon

A pot and bowl and

Sieve.

Preparing the soya milk

Soak the amout of soya beans you want to make in water and leave overnight. Don’t let it stay too long in the water so it doesn’t ferment and smell.

The next day, you will notice that the beans is all swollen up and soft,then you will need to rub the soya beans a little so as to remove the chaff (back coat).
When you rub the soya beans,add water and sieve out continously till the chaff is all out and then keep the bean aside

Get the blender ready,put the soya beans into the blender,pour water into the blender which should cover the soya beans and then blend.

After blending,strain the blend with a sieve into the pot and assit it a bit using the cooking spoon by making some moves on it with your hands so as to make sure all the juice drop into the pot.

Now after like 15minutes of the heat, add the vanilla flavour to the pot containing the soya milk and stir it more for 5 minutes.
By this time your soya milk should be good to go, off the heat and allow the soya milk to cool.

Then for the final time sieve the soya milk again to remove any remaining chaff or particle so as to give you that smooth taste.

Use a cup and scoop the soya milk and pour into small cans or bottle and then keep it in fridge to be chilled,as soya milk is mostly enjoyed when chiiled.
If you intend for the soya milk to stay a long period of time, assuming you made it in big quantity, then you will have to store it in a freezer.

good
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Sheungbengar(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
GentlePEACE:
op thanks. I thought of this last week. I wanna add weight asap
Are you sure?
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by santuse: 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

4 litres of water and

The blender

A cooking spoon

A pot and bowl and

Sieve.

Preparing the soya milk

Nice one OP

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Nice way to show your ignorance. Fry soy you intend to use for milk? Odiegwu
. Yes my dear, I mean fry it as if you are frying grandtnut, who makes Kunu, Soya Milk, Tiger nut juice (Kunu Aya) better than people from Plateau, Kaduna, Nasarawa etc?, that's their traditional drink. Other tribes are just learner in this field. If you try this method, you will know you've been drink fools Soya Milk all these while, after you take this brownish Soya Milk, I swear your life won't remain the same, you won't even know when you will doze off from the spot where you are taking it. During my first visit to the West I saw people buying Kunu with all seriousness, and those people where singing the Kunu is this the Kunu is that, I decided to have a test of what they where buying, I asked for a bottle thinking I was in Abuja, low and behold when I tested it, I felt like pouring out, I was like what's the hell is this, the Kunu was as thick as a pap, as if that was not enough, I asked for a bottle of another so called Soya Milk, i just had a test of it and I split every thing out, I came to a conclusion that, throughout my staying in the west or east, I will never have a test of these 2 items outside, unless the one I make at home my self. Mind you, I am Nwa AFO Igbo and a male gender for that matter.
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
. Yes my dear, I mean fry it as if you are frying grandtnut, who makes Kunu, Soya Milk, Tiger nut juice (Kunu Aya) better than people from Plateau, Kaduna, Nasarawa etc?, that's their traditional drink. Other tribes are just learner in this field. If you try this method, you will know you've been drink fools Soya Milk all these while, after you take this brownish Soya Milk, I swear your life won't remain the same, you won't even know when you will doze off from the spot where you are taking it. During my first visit to the West I saw people buying Kunu with all seriousness, and those people where singing the Kunu is this the Kunu is that, I decided to have a test of what they where buying, I asked for a bottle thinking I was in Abuja, low and behold when I tested it, I felt like pouring out, I was like what's the hell is this, the Kunu was as thick as a pap, as if that was not enough, I asked for a bottle of another so called Soya Milk, i just had a test of it and I split every thing out, I came to a conclusion that, throughout my staying in the west or east, I will never have a test of these 2 items outside, unless the one I make at home my self. Mind you, I am Nwa AFO Igbo and a male gender for that matter.
How come I've never tasted such soy milk here? What's the recipe again? grin
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Adasun(m): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
quinnboy:
I wish I have a girlfriend..... Would have love to try it out with her. Being in the kitchen with babe is fun for me.
so dat u would be rocking her ass why she face da stove grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by kuljayms1(m): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2018
joepentwo:

which one is DATE ?

It's what they call DEBINO in hausa
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by maisauki: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2018
Respect55:
Store it in a freezer with which light undecided
goan pay your bills
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Flye: 5:51am On Jun 14, 2018
Ok
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Immaangel2: 7:52am On Jun 14, 2018
bennybaba:
At what stage will you add the sugar ...

i add sugar after my final sieving. asin when im finally through, during the process of allowing to cool.
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by joepentwo(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Dabinu
thank you! But wat's the meaninq pls?
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2018
joepentwo:
thank you! But wat's the meaninq pls?
Please google Dates
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Princesstee(f): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2018
maxiuc:
hello
Hi
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by Respect55(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
maisauki:
goan pay your bills
We pay for darkness and not light
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by GentlePEACE: 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Sheungbengar:
Are you sure?
lol. Yes. Do you want to help?
Re: Easy Steps To Make A Refreshing Soya Milk by GentlePEACE: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

4 litres of water and

The blender

A cooking spoon

A pot and bowl and

Sieve.

Preparing the soya milk

when am i to add sugar to it? Is it after sieving the second time from fire?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Cook Banga Soup/stew Like A Pro / Make Italian Spaghetti Sauce With 5 Ingredients / See How To Make An Easy And Delicious Fried Rice Meal (pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.