Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? (558 Views)

Man Impregnates A Young Girl, Then Denies Responsibility (photo) / My Girlfriend Sent Me Pregnancy Results And Ask Me To Fund Her Trip To UK / Two Nigerian Women Kissing At A Wedding Ceremony. Photo Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by Lovelypet28: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Am currently in a dilemma on what to do because my wedding might not hold because of this problem.
I have been in a relationship with this guy for over a year now, actually we have been friends for 10 years but i had to go overseas to study, on getting to nigeria we started courting. We have had countless fights and misunderstanding based on the intrusion of my mum in our relationship.The bone of contention now is he believes wedding expenses shouldnt be shared, it should only be the bride and her family carrying the bulk of the expenses( we are both yoruba by the way), my mum told me if he really loves me he wouldnt complain as its a prove of his love for me if he carries the bulk of the wedding expense as my dad did for her when they were about to get married.Am i on the right track or am just being childish. Matured responses please.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by dingbang(m): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Biko you people should just enroll for mass wedding since nobody wants to fund the wedding

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2018
my mum told me if he really loves me he wouldnt complain as its a prove of his love for me if he carries the bulk of the wedding expense as my dad did for her when they were about to get married

Proof of love bawo?
This is 2018, nobody wants to die pleasing another.

he believes wedding expenses shouldn't be shared, it should only be the bride and her family carrying the bulk of the expenses

LOL! This is a new one.

It should be dual effort. Whoever is more buoyant should do more, that's common sense. And yes, your mum is interfering.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by HARDDON: 8:52am On Jun 13, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked

India movie made in Nigeria?

I laugh in Swahili!

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by flames007(m): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2018
seriously!!??
is like you guys are not ready to marry!I support your mom cos if the guy truly loves you he won't be so ludicrously childish in his claims.
This is Nigeria not Yankee,ok!
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by ojun50(m): 8:56am On Jun 13, 2018
The guy is not serious u better postpone this yr marriage plan nd check if the truly love nd ready to act has man
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by AxceX(m): 8:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Seems you guys ain't compatible or just not ready for marriage yet,with countless fight n mother intrusion undecided..Don't think your marriage will stand the test of time(no offense)

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by IamAirforce1: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2018
Support him if he's not financially buoyant
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2018
it's clear, you both are not ready for marriage if you let a third party decide for you. Leave your mom out it and discuss with your man. Reach a decision with him. At the end of the day it's you and him in the marriage when the wedding is over NOT your mom.

On the issue of who to fund the wedding, Sometimes even well meaning friends or couple parents funds wedding. So if your fiance insists you both split the cost, definitely he knows you can afford it. Why not just cooperate with him and let this new marital life begin. Or better still you both should agree on just a little get together wedding for only both families If the man is to take care of the full expenses.

Money isn't easy to get, that's what your fiance is trying to tell you.

There is family after wedding, he is responsible for that.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by Preshy561(f): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by Lovelypet28: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Thank you so much you made a lot of sense. quote author=aaronson post=68435295]it's clear, you both are not ready for marriage if you let a third party decide for you. Leave your mom out it and discuss with your man. Reach a decision with him. At the end of the day it's you and him in the marriage when the wedding is over NOT your mom.

On the issue of who to fund the wedding, Sometimes even well meaning friends or couple parents funds wedding. So if your fiance insists you both split the cost, definitely he knows you can afford it. Why not just cooperate with him and let this new marital life begin. Or better still you both should agree on just a little get together wedding for only both families If the man is to take care of the full expenses.

Money isn't easy to get, that's what your fiance is trying to tell you.

There is family after wedding, he is responsible for that.[/quote]
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by chris2face(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2018
HARDDON:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
India movie made in Nigeria?
I laugh in Swahili!
See life and am here crying in swahil!!

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Fund A Wedding? by eph12(m): 10:12am On Jun 13, 2018
Something is wrong with you, your mom and your fiance angry angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For The Past Weeks Now, She Hasn't Been Her Usual Self / 5 Crazy Places You Should Be Having Outdoor Sex This Weekend / What Do Women Really Want In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.