Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 - Sports (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 (198136 Views)

Iceland Vs Croatia: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 / France Vs Australia: World Cup 2018, (2 - 1) On 16th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Daboomb: 7:45am On Jun 17, 2018
Gloriawinning:
Of course they were meant to lose , why won’t they lose when Muslims are killing Christians , herdsmen killing children nd women , our youths dying on the road . Igbo people hates everybody and everybody hates Yoruba. We are not suppose to even attend the event sef , there is instability in our land! make Buhari withdraw them jare angry

Which kind of Tramadol are you taking?
Stop mixing it with Onitsha Codeine, l have told you that so many times!

Everybody cannot hate Yoruba, even if Igbos hate everybody.

I have told you now and again that HATRED is poisnous.
SOP poisoning yourself.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Gloriawinning: 7:49am On Jun 17, 2018
Daboomb:

Which kind of Tramadol are you taking?
Stop mixing it with Onitsha Codeine, l have told you that so many times!

Everybody cannot hate Yoruba, even if Igbos hate everybody.

I have told you now and again that HATRED is poisnous.
SOP poisoning yourself.

Orieburu
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by openmine(m): 7:52am On Jun 17, 2018
IAmAmbrose:
The coach contributed to our downfall... How can u play mikel in number 10 role and shift iwobi to the wing... Thats trash

secondly the only friendly simy nwankwo played for Nigeria he used it to register more shots on target than Ighalo full Nigerian career..

Thirdly Moses that they won't even allow to take throwing for chelsea is the person responsible for corner kicks and freekick... smh

the only Moses we know that can cross.. Is the Moses in the bible.. At least he crossed something :/
grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Oluwaseunliz(f): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2018
In Dagrin' voice - Won o mo ju ki won soro petrol pelu football, ati gba ti a de ti n gba world cup, a' a gba cup. O ga oo!, boya gan lati e gba 2nd, awon yen na, won ma ma play ball bi alakan.. Super Eagles I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2018
carammel:

Be patriotic. grin

I am patriotic dear. wink........but it doesn't mean I should not be factual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by MarieSucre(f): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2018
Bahddo:
beaches are beautiful, aren't they?

There is a reason why it in quotation marks? Don't act to try intelligent for God.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Sunnybabe(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2018
carammel:

It seems easier to win Argentina than winning Iceland from what we saw today.
I doubt it.... u will see how the table will turn over when it comes to Super eagles now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by chingle5(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2018
USELESS TEAM, THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO DISGRACE THEMSELVES............YOU PEOPLE YOU BETTER LEAVE RUSSIA AND COME BACK TO NAIJA IN FACT COME AND CARRY YOUR CUP

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Xmen149(m): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2018
gentlegenius:

Blame him for what?

When your midfield and attack is not doing their job well, the defense will suffer. And because of too much pressure defenders will be prone to mistakes because they are humans.

my brother u sabi watch ball walai !

coach has been making that error during friendlys I thought he was only trying them out,.how da fuvk do a coach play Mikel AM and etebo DM ..even as AM he his style was still DM taking passes home that we now launch attack from with long passes via defenders

the few times he lunch attack he will lose ball and will stay there pointing out for his team mates where to block

iwobi had to drop deep playing AM and LM instead of LW to cover Mikel ,his wing was exploited lunching switch cross severally to weak shehu RB and idow LB (again trying to play LM to cover iwobi).

if ndidi switch to LM or RM CM becomes open and crots kept on ramming at the defence, everybody is becomes disorganized and making childish error

the stupid coach would have removed Mikel in second half shift iwobi to AM then introduce musa on the wings,

later remove odion introduce kelechi ,then later a fresh DM to help ndidi moving etebo up and remove iwobi

I have been explaining about playing Mikel as AM on different thread and folks won't stop attacking me supprisingly the super sport pundits were shouting it after half time

the coach made terrible decisions

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by BluntBoy(m): 9:17am On Jun 17, 2018
Looking at things, we can't say all hope is lost yet.

The pig may still be right.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by pradhansujit094: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2018
really very nice and usedful information for everyone. thanks a lot. visit for telegram groups http://allclu.com/telegram-groups-invite-link/ .
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by jtwest(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2018
ovokate:
Jtwest it has happened oo cry

grin grin grin grin it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be tho, sorry ehn let them just do fast and be coming home. sad no chance of five bottles of champagne ehn cheesy

Thank God I ate before the match yesterday, I was a wreck.... didn't know how where and when I slept off. grin grin cheesy
I blame myself for thinking they can surprise us o, if calamity cahill can score set piece in the England game, it shows Eagles cannot defend set pieces and instead of training to correct this, they kept on wearing stupid hats around Russian streets.

N.B: this long epistle is how angry I am to have expected CHANGE from Aso ebi boys.

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by jtwest(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2018
BluntBoy:
Looking at things, we can't say all hope is lost yet.

The pig may still be right.
Oh God how can you even say that? What does a pig know? Not even dolphin or another intelligent animal, pig shocked

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by BluntBoy(m): 11:41am On Jun 17, 2018
jtwest:

Oh God how can you even say that? What does a pig know? Not even dolphin or another intelligent animal, pig shocked

This has nothing to do with intelligence.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
yyrfcx
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
budaatum:
Two shirts and tie person. Lol.

OK, I will wear winter coat in addition.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by etebefia: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
IAmAmbrose:
The coach contributed to our downfall... How can u play mikel in number 10 role and shift iwobi to the wing... Thats trash

secondly the only friendly simy nwankwo played for Nigeria he used it to register more shots on target than Ighalo full Nigerian career..

Thirdly Moses that they won't even allow to take throwing for chelsea is the person responsible for corner kicks and freekick... smh

the only Moses we know that can cross.. Is the Moses in the bible.. At least he crossed something:/
@bolded funny but true. I wonder why Nigerians should expect goals when their top striker does not have a good goal scoring record (country and club)
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by samtol4(m): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
josessybj:
World cup is meant for men not boys like Mikel, ighalo, indidi, uwobi and others. I was not surprised because i know my country, i knew what they could do. We cant defeat or draw any country in our group. if possible we won't score a goal in the world cup before we go home. Nigeria is a disgrace.
What are u saying ? When you criticize be objective ... Are you saying Ndid is not good enough for world cup ? World cup f
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by ovokate(f): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
jtwest:

grin grin grin grin it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be tho, sorry ehn let them just do fast and be coming home. sad no chance of five bottles of champagne ehn cheesy

Thank God I ate before the match yesterday, I was a wreck.... didn't know how where and when I slept off. grin grin cheesy
I blame myself for thinking they can surprise us o, if calamity cahill can score set piece in the England game, it shows Eagles cannot defend set pieces and instead of training to correct this, they kept on wearing stupid hats around Russian streets.

N.B: this long epistle is how angry I am to have expected CHANGE from Aso ebi boys.
Omg..epistle indeed grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Tamarapetty(f): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Tamarapetty I love you

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
Lol, which goal?? after our great loss yesterday? i don't even know whether they were scared to touch the ball, the only person that tried was moses and he was busy falling, super fowls!
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Litmus: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
Wrong thread.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by phreakabit(m): 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
IAmAmbrose:

the only Moses we know that can cross.. Is the Moses in the bible.. At least he crossed something:/

Do you even know the difference between a CM and CAM
Mikel is a CM like Xavi and Pirlo i.e deep lying playmaker the true number 10
Iwobi is a CAM like Iniesta and David Silva, they act as the intermediary/interface between the midfield and attack
rightfully Iwobi should be playing Mikel's CURRENT (no8) position, being more of a CAM than Mikel.... but Mikel is actually a no10 don't get it confused.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by phreakabit(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
3-4-2-1
3-5-2
3-6-1
4-1-2-1-2 (shape shifting)
4-1-4-1
4-5-1

All available options to us, I don't know what formation we played yesterday.
There was no triangle passing or positioning, I just weak!
I am not a coach, but have read more than enough tactical analysis to know a poor formation when I see one.

With the AMAZING amount of fast players in the team we could actually even play Thomas Tuchel's crazy 3-1-2-4 formation and cause serious damage to conservative teams. We have all the requirements to play that formation effectively.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by gentlegenius(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Xmen149:

coach has been making that error during friendlys I thought he was only trying them out,.how da fuvk do a coach play Mikel AM and etebo DM ..even as AM he his style was still DM taking passes home that we now launch attack from with long passes via defenders

the few times he lunch attack he will lose ball and will stay there pointing out for his team mates where to block

iwobi had to drop deep playing AM and LM instead of LW to cover Mikel ,his wing was exploited lunching switch cross severally to weak shehu RB and idow LB (again trying to play LM to cover iwobi).

if ndidi switch to LM or RM CM becomes open and crots kept on ramming at the defence, everybody is becomes disorganized and making childish error

the stupid coach would have removed Mikel in second half shift iwobi to AM then introduce musa on the wings,

later remove odion introduce kelechi ,then later a fresh DM to help ndidi moving etebo up and remove iwobi

I have been explaining about playing Mikel as AM on different thread and folks won't stop attacking me supprisingly the super sport pundits were shouting it after half time

Yea my guy... Your observations are spot on. Right from those friendly matches, the errors were there. How could a coach play his attacking midfielders in defensive midfield and expect creativity in attack? Even Moses spent the entire first half covering Shehu at right back. We shouldn't have lost to a Croatian team that didn't play very much better than us. Wrong positioning killed us yesterday.
I don't know where they got that coach from. But now that the world cup is over for us, we need to start searching for a better coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Cadec007(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
Amobigod:
don't know that side, I'm in Aso Pada grin
ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Goandie: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
Xmen149:

[b]
Xmen149:

[/b]
Xmen149:

you are spot on with all u av wrote but i felt d coach would av just told mikel to play dm nd put him behind etebo nd ndidi let dem do d chasing while mikel do d passing.
his first sub was a big error coz ighalo needed support up front i felt he wud av change either etebo or mikel for nachilo nd also change formation to d 5-3-2 that he uses against argentina nd england 2nd half d boyz played well with dat formation.
iyam not bothered about d def like dat i know it is still possible for us 2 qualify coz that Argentina team ni scare mi at alll
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by bennyann: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
IamD18:

Na you be goodnight.

We die here today.
grin
I beg, postpone the death to 22nd. wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Princsk1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by jtwest(m): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
ovokate:

Omg..epistle indeed grin
Germany has eased the pain, Nigeria is not the flop of the week. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Ndonu101: 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
What’s wrong with this line up?

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by peachie(f): 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 by Bahddo(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
MarieSucre:

There is a reason why it in quotation marks? Don't act to try intelligent for God.
When Minaj calls ladies 'beaches', fellow ladies sing along and twerk to it. Why is it now an issue? I wonder why you left the 'foolish' part and dwelt on the 'beach'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (Reply)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / VIDEO: Jamal Murray Posts Quarantine S3x Tape With Girlfriend On IG,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.