Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (219178 Views)

Musa! Man Of The Match - Nigerian Vs Iceland (World Cup 2018) / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dreamville: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2018
Arsenalholic:
Two things that are very glaring in this current Eagles set up:

1. Inability to defend set pieces properly (na this problem make me tire for Arsenal under Arsene. W). Against England, Serbia, & Czech we conceded from set plays or crosses into the box. So why the f*ck are they not working on this?

With tall players in that defense like Balogun and Troost, we should be imposing at set plays, but the opposite is the case. It frustrates the hell outta moi.

Iceland are a mean bunch when it comes to crosses and set pieces. As a matter of fact, it's their ace move. That spells a lot of trouble for the Eagles. Unless we limit their opportunities to fling crosses and even long throws into the box.

2. We are not creating many chances: Another big problem that was glaring even during the friendlies. Who is our most creative player? Is it Mikel, Moses or Iwobi?

We can't even say.

Each team possesses a clear-cut creator-in-chief. But not Nigeria.

Moses is looking to pick up that role but his crosses are too wayward and Ighalo isn't even imposing in the air so no point sending those crosses in.

Iwobi would have been the best choice because he has immense control in tight spaces, has pace, can beat a man comfortably and more importantly can pick a key pass.

But the problem is that he can't do all that playing from the wings. I watched him play for Arsenal against Crystal Palace on January 1st 2017. He played in that '10' role in the absence of Mr. Ozil. And boy was he good!

We saw against England that the dude is more comfortable dictating play from the midfield.

However, Rorh won't let him take that role for Nigeria because of a certain Mikel Obi. These days Mikel doesn't create anything. So why not send him to the base of midfield alongside Ndidi?

Actually, I wouldn't drop Etebo for him. I'd prefer a midfield trio of Iwobi, Etebo and Ndidi (this midfield trio has vritually everything you need). Then up front I'll have Moses, Ighalo and Iheanacho (on the right) as my forward line.

I don't see Grenot Rorh having the balls to make these calls, though. And so I see us struggling badly against Iceland.

However, I still hope they find a way to win because it's what we all want. #SoarSuperEagles.
Abeg who be Mr Ozil?
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2018
Nigerians we are know for calculations abeg kuku calculate the equation which says nigeria will qualify from d group stage. If Croatia is 1st with 3points ,argentina n iceland with one each, find X when argentina is 1,iceland y. Therefore:.
3points-1= y
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2018
(1)Davido run follow chioma go east while him mates de sing worldcup songs 4 their various nations.
(2)Wizkid-that small boy wey get money,jst de go upandan de flex.
(3)Others- who knows?.
(4) Phyno,Olamide,naira marley,etc try sing.
Finally Linda Ikeji wey for tell everybody d truth, una jst de blast her. Me sef wey write adon tire. Nawa o
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2018
NIGERIA 1 : ICELAND 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by QueenDeborah(f): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2018
mikhe2:
you nor ver still recover from the loss of your cash to MMM.
wacky English
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Ndonu101: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2018
Why do defenders pay too much attention marking the opponent during set pieces

Why not target the ball and be the first to it?

When you focus too much on the opponent you are reacting to everything but if you get to the ball fisrt then you can head the ball out of danger before your opponent does anything with it

Look at Portugal, Ronaldo who is their best player in heading the ball defends the first post to make sure he heads the ball out of danger first

Why can’t Simy Nwankwo do same for us and defend the first post?
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Bnbello(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2018
Better win so that you will not come back with 8million dollars
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Arsenalholic(m): 11:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Ajoboss:
bros too much WIZDOM dey worry u
Infact na u suppose take us go russia
Lol. Thank you brother. But I no e perience reach like that noni
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by mikhe2(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
QueenDeborah:
wacky English
whatever
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nitobegiku: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Sign-Up for this PERFECT Side-Income Opportunity (Make 1,000 [20%] on every referral purchase as an AFFILIATE) - HERE.

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Ajoboss(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
Arsenalholic:
Lol. Thank you brother. But I no e perience reach like that noni
if u say so San
But no worry..i wee endorse u for 2022
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by pheyhi(f): 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
chuksjuve:
Pheyhi

Come and predict this match please..

Mrs Super eagles..
Mummy positive mindset
Mrs prayer warrior

grin cheesy

chucksjuve
you will see today nah NIG 3-1 iceland
yes ooo
because I voiced out my opinion you don turn me to prayer warrior okay now let me now prove what you just called me,
I believd in the Nigerian team oo
when the lord turned the captivity of zion around,they were like those that dreamt
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Funlag: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
I see a lot of goals grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Funlag: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
sidollar:
Am tied of Nigeria be a Nigerian self,you can not be proud of anything am used small change I have to pay and watch those dull eagle we are calling super eagle our local TV can't show us the World Cup oga oooooo
which side u dey cos AIT OGTV and because dey show am for Ibadan
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by IAmAmbrose(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Fact!!!
Buhari shook hands of the super eagles paid visit to Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Germany... Four of them lost their matches... Baba need to visit Iceland and Argentina quickly before our next match biko
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by chuksjuve(m): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
pheyhi:

chucksjuve
you will see today nah NIG 3-1 iceland
yes ooo
because I voiced out my opinion you don turn me to prayer warrior okay now let me now prove what you just called me,
I believd in the Nigerian team oo
when the lord turned the captivity of zion around,they were like those that dreamt

Plotting the mathematic process through which SE will win Iceland grin

According to pheyhi

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by EmzyT: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
E no end here o, Iceland go beat us, Argentina go beat us, if we dey come down from plane for airport rain go still beat us grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
Iceland is going to turn the super eagles into vultures wait and see only think the vultures will remember after the match is wizkid, shaku shaku, owambe, al wolf and skibo. Oh I forgot the vulture will do criminal worshiping after the match to the nigerian politicians
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Litmus: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hope Eagles watched how teams like Australia, Peru, and others, they ought be better than ,performed against the opposition as equals. Nigerias body language against Croatia was uncomfortabley coonish and the running around we did, becuse it was for running around sake, just made us look liked whopped niggers. Hope we play with more belief and dignity tomorrow. Eagles have enough talent to beat Iceland tomorrow , with luck Peru might have won against France today.

And better go easy with the running around madly like Nigerians are urging or you're going to have men sent off. Nigeria aren't looked on favourably, we are not good-little-africans like the Senegalese, whoes fans go cleaning stadiums.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
Tunagee:
My problem with Nigeria is that we are not united; ethnic, religious,tribal sentiments and killings up and down; but when football reach now, all of us go dey form 'one'. We can't be pretending to be one when our national football team is playing in an international tournament, and then keep killing ourselves due to differences in religion, tribe, ethnicity etc. Nonsense!!! A large number of people have been killed and are still being killed everyday in Nigeria due to differences in religion, political views, culture, and tribe. I pray Croatia defeats our silly wicked ass!

Pretense is the hallmark of insincerity. Most Nigerians are bunch of insincere goons. I say disintegration is the natural answer to the stupidity called Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
phreakabit:

Based on my observations, I believe A 3-5-2 would be the most compact, most balanced, highly effective system based on our strength...the midfield (We have way too many midfielders in the team). This formation would emphasize our structural, and positional integrity, due to the fact that players are never far off from each others thus ensuring we retain possession and position, whilst pressing very hard with a semi-high-line defense. If you look at it you can easily see the triangular clusters

Triangle 1 : Iwobi-Ighalo-Mikel

Triangle 2 : Mikel-Etebo-Ndidi

Triangle 3 : Ighalo-Mikel-Tyronne

Triangle 4 : Iwobi- Moses - Etebo

Triangle 5 : Moses - Etebo- Omeruo

Triangle 6 : Etebo-Omeruo-Balogun

Triangle 7 : Ndidi-Tyronne-Ekong

Triangle 8 Ndidi-Balogun-Ekong

E.T.C

We have Moses and Tyronne on the wings, two strong fast players who aren't strangers to defensive or offensive responsibilities. I trust this formation and hope this is what the coaches put out.

You can proffer any formation to known to God, it takes human intellect to execute it on the field of play. These current super eagles seem to lack the common sense to string couple of passes together. They kept passing the ball to their opponents. Any formation could spell a winner if the players can think.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by ibori1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2018
Croatia bet Nigeria una dey shout abi
wat abt Argentina.? hmmmmm

na now una go know say Croatia no crawled come from Asia

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
pelezico:
Mikel is the problem. Fullstop. If he wanted to play atm then he should have gone to manu instead of chelsea. At Chelsea he ends up as a defending midfield player. That was his choice. Now after playing all those years in that position he now wants to command a ATM in SE at the WC. Mikel is ineffective. We want a younger hungrier player. Any body but him. Mimel position disjoints the team. Put in defence if he can be trusted since he likes to gold on to the ball far to much wbich makes him a liability. I cant see Nigeria progressing unless we become fearless like Senegal and take calculated risks and put faith in the other players.

You are very wrong to say Mikel is the problem. Entire Nigerians are the problem. What the head coach and his staffs who made the selection? Why should the coach allow a known defensive midfielder to play as an attacking midfielder in a serious situation such as world cup competition? Nigeria sucks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
pelezico:
I dont have to provide tactical analysis because the Croatia game said it all. The reason i single my fellow Igbo man was that his position stops the team from flowing. If those comments by Okocha are truly his then i fully back them. He said the same thing i said but with more tact. The manager messed up by trying to perhaps aim for a draw but he has hsed Obi in that postion in the friendlies and it does not work.

His asset is offensive but iwobi and others should be relied upon to make things happen. He can be deadly in attack around the box but during play hes to slow to offer offensive play. He holds the ball trying to magic his way thru 3 players and then falls down. That football does not help us cause we are dangerous when we are attacking. When we are not attacking we are hustling for the ball not playing that crap zoneal ball that my team Arsenal plays

How you accommodate Mikel i really dont know. If Nigeria cannot play with out him then this team should just club and forgot the wc

You seem to be dropping the ball for wrong reasons. Who gives a ratass if you singled a non-Igbo for criticisms? The moronic coach allowed player to operate in position not suitable for him. Why on earth should the same bloody coach play Iwobi as a winger instead of attacking midfielder?
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
hollandis:

I watched the game many times and I can't recall Mikel passing to Ighalo , or do you mean when Ighalo was under pressure from 3 different players ?

[b]Mikel caused our downfall in that match .That own goal was as a result of inactivity going forward .[/b]

Not even one ball on target for both Croatia and Nigeria in the first half .Criatia is not better than Nigeria.The presence of certain players made us lose ,and do you know his name ? Mikel Obi

Who is the coach? Please inform the coach not to feature Mikel as an attacking midfielder.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Dedetwo(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
ibori1:
Croatia bet Nigeria una dey shout abi

wat abt Argentina.? hmmmmm

na now una go know say Croatia no crawled come from Asia

The dumbass Nigerian was all smile because he took a picture with an imbecilic Croatian. It is nice the Croatian gave him a finger.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by easyelliot(m): 11:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ndonu101:
What’s wrong with this?

Musa,
He hasn't shown the same burst and abilty he showed 4 years ago when he scored 2 goals against Argentina.

Besides that Im ok with it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Horus(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJo2p3cdeZc

Nigeria vs Iceland / Russia 2018 / Pre-Match Analysis
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Bamz(m): 12:33am On Jun 22, 2018
Come on you Eagles!!! Its match day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (126) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.