Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (219180 Views)

Musa! Man Of The Match - Nigerian Vs Iceland (World Cup 2018) / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2018
Nigeria out-in Iceland.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by DIYhackers: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2018
This boys are not serious even to take shots they're scared. I known they will qualify though
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by sexdoll: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2018
it's goodbye to super eagles.

let them remember to distribute that their jersey to all their supporters in russia before going back to their respective clubs.

no need to come back here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by GODWINLOWSKI: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2018
Super Eagles failed cuz we inherited a weak team from Jonathan government, 16 years of PDP loots all the match allowance of the players..

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Paperwhite(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2018
lilfreezy:
iceland go beat us. argentina go beat us. when we come down for plane, rain go beat us. hungry go beat us. buhari go beat us. sars go beat us.

when will jesus come abeg?
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by pelezico: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2018
Mikel is the problem. Fullstop. If he wanted to play atm then he should have gone to manu instead of chelsea. At Chelsea he ends up as a defending midfield player. That was his choice. Now after playing all those years in that position he now wants to command a ATM in SE at the WC. Mikel is ineffective. We want a younger hungrier player. Any body but him. Mimel position disjoints the team. Put in defence if he can be trusted since he likes to gold on to the ball far to much wbich makes him a liability. I cant see Nigeria progressing unless we become fearless like Senegal and take calculated risks and put faith in the other players.
phreakabit:

No, but does he owe you money ?
A team of 11 players and you want to blame 1 player for the coaches tactical blunder? Please tell me have you rewatched the match? A general rule is to always rewatch the match when your nerves are calm to properly analyse the game. Who was Mikel suppose to pass to? Ighalo? Did he or did he not pass to Ighalo who always lost possession as a LONE striker. Or Victor Moses, who was more concerned with feeling the texture of the grass on his face? So why blame Mikel, when Leon Balogun was just as bad also and Ndidi hardly got a tackle in? The only good players that day were Iwobi and Etebo, Ekong to a certain degree. As I stated before, show me a player who has the composure, ball control, physical balance, and ball passing ability in the team who you think can bench Mikel, the closest thing we have is Iwobi and he lacks greatly in physicality and composure( you might not have noticed, but there is a hastiness about his play).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by stiffy56(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2018
Dem go sweep dem like say.....tomorrow know dey.....chaiiii....JESUS WHICH TIME YOU GO COME SAVE US EHN!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by phreakabit(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2018
pelezico:
Mikel is the problem. Fullstop. If he wanted to play atm then he should have gone to manu instead of chelsea. At Chelsea he ends up as a defending midfield player. That was his choice. Now after playing all those years in that position he now wants to command a ATM in SE at the WC. Mikel is ineffective. We want a younger hungrier player. Any body but him. Mimel position disjoints the team. Put in defence if he can be trusted since he likes to gold on to the ball far to much wbich makes him a liability. I cant see Nigeria progressing unless we become fearless like Senegal and take calculated risks and put faith in the other players.

I'd wait for people that actually understands and know football to come with credible argument based on tactical analysis, not just ramblings.
Mikel played in what possition during Brazil 2014? What position did he play in the Nations Cup we won? What position did he play in qualifiers?
Blame your coach for playing his footballers out of place..
"Mikel is the problem fullstop."
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by ultiliberty(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2018
NAIJA GO WIN ICELAND JARE...I BELIEVE

ABEG CALL ME FOR YOUR VIDEO ADVERT, ANYTIME, ANYDAY

CALL: 08032318968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkCPYMG_z0
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by showstopperss(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2018
Hmmmmmmnnn I rest my case
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Bankyadinoyi(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2018
if una lyk may una go play nonsense again dey just dey lavish Nigeria money anyhow
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2018
THE GAME NA DRAW... SAYS MY GOD
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by AngelicBeing: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2018
lilfreezy:
iceland go beat us. argentina go beat us. when we come down for plane, rain go beat us. hungry go beat us. buhari go beat us. sars go beat us.

when will jesus come abeg?
shocked

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Izumarock70(m): 10:29am On Jun 20, 2018
Nigeria formation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Iceland 3 0 Nigeria from last night dream
Doing two days fasting and praying to change it to Nigeria 3 0 Iceland
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by pelezico: 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
I dont have to provide tactical analysis because the Croatia game said it all. The reason i single my fellow Igbo man was that his position stops the team from flowing. If those comments by Okocha are truly his then i fully back them. He said the same thing i said but with more tact. The manager messed up by trying to perhaps aim for a draw but he has hsed Obi in that postion in the friendlies and it does not work.

His asset is offensive but iwobi and others should be relied upon to make things happen. He can be deadly in attack around the box but during play hes to slow to offer offensive play. He holds the ball trying to magic his way thru 3 players and then falls down. That football does not help us cause we are dangerous when we are attacking. When we are not attacking we are hustling for the ball not playing that crap zoneal ball that my team Arsenal plays

How you accommodate Mikel i really dont know. If Nigeria cannot play with out him then this team should just club and forgot the wc

phreakabit:

I'd wait for people that actually understands and know football to come with credible argument based on tactical analysis, not just ramblings.
Mikel played in what possition during Brazil 2014? What position did he play in the Nations Cup we won? What position did he play in qualifiers?
Blame your coach for playing his footballers out of place..
"Mikel is the problem fullstop."
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Vivianoasis(f): 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by pelezico: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
This WC reminds me of the one in which Yakubo or whatever hos name is missed an open goal while chewing gum. It feels like history is repeating itself again
hulk616:
Iceland 3 0 Nigeria from last night dream
Doing two days fasting and praying to change it to Nigeria 3 0 Iceland
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by phreakabit(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
pelezico:
I dont have to provide tactical analysis because the Croatia game said it all. The reason i single my fellow Igbo man was that his position stops the team from flowing. If those comments by Okocha are truly his then i fully back them. He said the same thing i said but with more tact. The manager messed up by trying to perhaps aim for a draw but he has hsed Obi in that postion in the friendlies and it does not work.

His asset is offensive but iwobi and others should be relied upon to make things happen. He can be deadly in attack around the box but during play hes to slow to offer offensive play. He holds the ball trying to magic his way thru 3 players and then falls down. That football does not help us cause we are dangerous when we are attacking. When we are not attacking we are hustling for the ball not playing that crap zoneal ball that my team Arsenal plays

How you accommodate Mikel i really dont know. If Nigeria cannot play with out him then this team should just club and forgot the wc

So we should jump on it, just because Okocha said it?
Have you ever seen Iwobi play in that position for Arsenal or Nigeria or any other team? So how did you come to your conclusion? Oh, I remember, Okocha said it. Maybe if Okocha tells us a danfo bus is actually A benz G-wagon we'd all gladly pay millions for danfo. I asked a question and I will repeat.

Abeg, Okocha should keep his family sentiments aside. This is the national team, not his team! Iwobi's best position in this team currently is as a support striker, reason being he is fast, skillful can play a quick one-two give and go.However, putting him in the midfield is an absolute no!
he lacks the required physicality, even Mikel gets bullied off the ball sometimes. I don't know if you have played football before, but the Midfield is the most difficult position to play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by lilfreezy: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
4-3-3
Uzoho

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Idowu

Ndidi Mikel

Iwobi

Moses iheanacho musa

3-5-2

Uzoho

Ekong Balogun omerue

Ebuehi Ndidi Mikel moses

Ogu

iheanacho iwobi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by babony1: 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
merits:
suffer eagle not super eagle again, mumu set of lazy youths.
Lol, you're calling those guys or our players lazy youths when they're running up and down the field of play and making their cool money on a weekly basis, Continue.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by babony1: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
okolet:
cheesy
lol.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by babony1: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
TourismMan:
Lol. We will only be playing this one for playing sake. There is no way we can beat those Iceland boys...not what I saw them playing Argentina. unfortunately, even our normal calculator method won't work this time around. Naija is out of the tournament abegiiiiiiiii.
Well for me, I think we need to approach each game the way it should be approached, for SE to lost first game does not mean they cannot perform better in their next outing, may be we should wait till that day and see, May Almighty protect each and every one of us till that day.
Our technical crew needs to do some amendments in all departments so that we can achieve greater results in all the remaining games.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by babony1: 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
IAmAmbrose:
Against Tunisia it was from a corner, Against Morocco it was a corner, Against Nigeria it was a corner, Against Egypt that freekick was from a corner... Do you now see the effect of that yeye one corner dance brought to Africa
So na 1 corner dance dey cause all dis 4 we African dat makin us dey chop amm from dis ogbodo oyinbos, right? Lol.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by TourismMan(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
babony1:
Well for me, I think we need to approach each game the way it should be approached, for SE to lost first game does not mean they cannot perform better in their next outing, may be we should wait till that day and see, May Almighty protect each and every one of us till that day.
Our technical crew needs to do some amendments in all departments so that we can achieve greater results in all the remaining games.

So can SE win the remaining two matches. A very simple question of yes or no.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by lilfreezy: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2018
“I FEEL IT, DO YOU FEEL IT? THE NAIJA SPIRIT..”

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by sidollar(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nigeria bi Iwaju ko ba se lo,mo se ehin ase dada so,we going no where come back home boyz and start learn football cuz we playing set not match
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by sidollar(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nigeria bi Iwaju ko ba se lo,mo se bi ehin a se pada si,we going no where come back home boyz and start learn football cuz we playing set not match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (126) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.