Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion (2142 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Debunking The Lies Of The Jehovah's Witnesses That Jesus Didn't Resurrect Bodily / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by OneJ: 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2018
asalimpo:

You need to look into your bible without the lens of indoctrination from Watch tower.
Any one reading the bible will see that by right division of truth, any error can be exposed and avoided.
The bible says the composition of a human is tripartite- spirit,soul and body . That's a verse in the bible,not early christian mysticism.
Many scriptures allude to this and say it clearly. You either accept the scripture as the truth or reject it,in which case you choose to believe a lie. And dont get me started on the greek is corrupted-that's nonsense.

You are a spirit and you live in a body
James 2 v 26 "... as the body without the spirit is dead ... "
Do you want to argue with that?
It is your spirit that get's recreated when you get born again.
2 Corinthians 5 v 17 : " ... if any man be in Christ he is a new creature: old things are passed away ... "

The bible is clear that a component of man become new? Is the bible lying?
So which component?
Hebrews 12 v 23 - talks of " ... the spirits of just men made perfect "
What part of just men? their spirits?
Again Paul makes a distinction between the human spirit and the human body.
He calls the spirit a building and the body a house- why , the body contains the spirit!
Like your cellphone contains your battery.

I'll use the NLT here. i took the words out of my mouth with commentary

2 cor 5 v 1 :
[b]
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands.

If you are arguing that , note that Jesus referred to his earthly body as a temple:

Mark 14:58
"We heard Him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple, and in three days I will build another that is made without hands.'"

I could go on they are many more.

Jesus spoke of hell.
He said where their worms dont die out.
Is that the grave?
Which worm do you know that never dies out?
Jesus said fear him who can cast body and soul into hell.

Luke 12 v 5:
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him

Jesus says "after the body has been killled" not the distinction between the body and the real you.
How do you throw "you" into hell after the "body has been killed"?
You are a spirit.
And Hell is real- or is Luke12v5 corrupted?
Yes ,it is corrupted. If U know, U know.
According to the Greek manuscript ,in Luke 12:5, the correct word there is Gehenna, (in Hebrew, Gehinnom), not hellfire. Don't get it twisted, Gehenna was never a place of torment
. JWs spend time & effort to study & research the Bible & when they give U guys scriptural truth ,una go vex dey argue blindly.
Guy, U go just dey post anything wey enter your head because U wan defend falsehood. Pls search this topic on NL "Gehenna is NOT hellfire". Make U shine your eyes.
U said "u are a spirit & u live in a body James 2:26 ...." Na. Big LIE !!!!! Was Adam in the spirit realm before God created him on earth ?
U are simply twisting the scriptures.

3 Likes

Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Ubenedictus(m): 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
asalimpo:

So many false misleading traditions to keep people under the thumb of religion and hence the control of "Mother church"
. Millions were kept in illiteracy and ignorance and the reading of the bible was only by the priests!
See where the idea of man-intermediary between man and God,the priest, came from.
Reading the bible could get you killed. But that wasnt even possible because the bible was locked away in seminaries.
Then Martin luther, discovered that justification is by grace and blew away the catholic game by formulating his thesis and posting it on the church door at Wittenberg.
The atrocities of the catholic church are many and many of their practices are purely pagan.
Catholicism has pagan roots of course.
See,the idea is not to hold on in blind biase to the false but to let the bitter truth cleanse you by acting on it.
Would such a scheming organization ever want to the unadulterated word to reach the masses!
They'll break free from its grasp once they know that they can go directly to God!
That's why Luther was so hated!
He set the people free from centuries of lies and indoctrination.
He affected the flow of revenue of the catholic church - indulgence sales etc.
He tempered the power of the Catholic monarches- they ruled over nations- appointed kings, etc.
Man they were powerful!! But God let the truth out!! Truth sets free.
the Catholic Church did Not keep people in illiteracy, you are misinformed.

the vandal attacked the west and burnt as many books as they could, it was the Church that preserved literacy in all of Europe. the universities of Europe were built by the Catholic Church, even the contemporary education system is from the Church, we literally educated all of Europe

anybody who could afford it could get a Bible, printing press had not been invented which means every Bible was hand copied by Catholic monks, reading the Bible was never a crime unless you were reading adulterated bibles.
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Ubenedictus(m): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2018
asalimpo:

Then Martin luther, discovered that justification is by grace and blew away the catholic game by formulating his thesis and posting it on the church door at Wittenberg.
The atrocities of the catholic church are many and many of their practices are purely pagan.
Catholicism has pagan roots of course.
See,the idea is not to hold on in blind biase to the false but to let the bitter truth cleanse you by acting on it.
Would such a scheming organization ever want to the unadulterated word to reach the masses!
They'll break free from its grasp once they know that they can go directly to God!
That's why Luther was so hated!
He set the people free from centuries of lies and indoctrination.
He affected the flow of revenue of the catholic church - indulgence sales etc.
He tempered the power of the Catholic monarches- they ruled over nations- appointed kings, etc.
Man they were powerful!! But God let the truth out!! Truth sets free.
actually the Catholic Church was already teaching that justification is by grace 1500 years before Luther... up till today the Catholic Church teach that justification is by grace.

Martin Luther heresy was called faith alone which means that the only thing you need for salvation is faith. Luther said if you commit adultery 1000 times every day it won't affect your salvation so far you have faith, he told is disciples to sin and sin strongly, his teaching later metamorphose into once saved always saved... that is pure heresy and the Catholic Church rejected it.

but just as the Bible says false teachers will arise on the last days and people flock to them, that is how Luther arose with his heresy to cause division in the Church, today we have 40,000 Protestant denominations who can't agree in doctrine... that is the fruit of Protestantism- division

2 Likes

Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 16, 2018
asalimpo:

Me and you have nothing to agree upon. You case is with the Word.
Do you believe it or not or are you still clinging to your beliefs? If so there's no point arguing on.
keep your beliefs.
The bible says in the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses let a matter be established.
ON the points i've addressed,i've used copious scriptures to back up my words.
Context also matters but for correctness, you cant go wrong with multiple verses on the topic.
So look at the verses on the point you are raising if not clear then make your case. Dismissing them by counter questions is pointless and i wont get dragged into that.
This is the reason why i told you that Jehovah's witnesses has got what it takes to preach and teach with efficacy to reach the heart.Hebrews 4:12 Just a simple question and you can't establish your theory in the Bible, all your lousy "holy ghost" is built around what the Catholic Church fabricated out of Greek philosophy. Well if you can't explain the part of Adam that's going to suffer forever in hell then i'll go for Jehovah's witnesses clearer explanation which says Adam is the soul and souls do die as in returning to dust. Genesis 3:19,Ezekiel 18:4,20 That's why none of you have the impetus to go out and preach with confidence like JWs as you're only brandishing the same idea that is common and so there's nothing special to say than "come and worship with US in our church". Thumb up for Jehovah's witnesses that are able to cultivate the qualities needed to work for Jesus. Galatians 5:22,23 We're also doing it with mildness and deep respect.1Peter 3:15 We're zealously doing it so that the whole world knows the name of the religious group that's preaching and teaching their neighbors in this end time. Matthew 24:14,28:19,20 Paul's advice will help you a lot because he's telling everyone who cares to listen "against such (religious group like Jehovah's witnesses who have spent over 100 years in searching for the truth regarding pure worship) there is NO law(in the Bible)".Galatians 5:23b Meaning you can form man-made doctrines to criticize or antagonise them but NEVER in the Bible wink wink wink Please humble yourself and listen to them so that they can teach you what exactly Jesus taught as the "good news" not this your "heaven is real, hell is real" that's Satan is using to distract you from listening to the real source of divine guidance in this end time! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by asalimpo(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
Riofidelio:
This is the reason why i told you that Jehovah's witnesses has got what it takes to preach and teach with efficacy to reach the heart.Hebrews 4:12 Just a simple question and you can't establish your theory in the Bible, all your lousy "holy ghost" is built around what the Catholic Church fabricated out of Greek philosophy. Well if you can't explain the part of Adam that's going to suffer forever in hell then i'll go for Jehovah's witnesses clearer explanation which says Adam is the soul and souls do die as in returning to dust. Genesis 3:19,Ezekiel 18:4,20 That's why none of you have the impetus to go out and preach with confidence like JWs as you're only brandishing the same idea that is common and so there's nothing special to say than "come and worship with US in our church". Thumb up for Jehovah's witnesses that are able to cultivate the qualities needed to work for Jesus. Galatians 5:22,23 We're also doing it with mildness and deep respect.1Peter 3:15 We're zealously doing it so that the whole world knows the name of the religious group that's preaching and teaching their neighbors in this end time. Matthew 24:14,28:19,20 Paul's advice will help you a lot because he's telling everyone who cares to listen "against such (religious group like Jehovah's witnesses who have spent over 100 years in searching for the truth regarding pure worship) there is NO law(in the Bible)".Galatians 5:23b Meaning you can form man-made doctrines to criticize or antagonise them but NEVER in the Bible wink wink wink Please humble yourself and listen to them so that they can teach you what exactly Jesus taught as the "good news" not this your "heaven is real, hell is real" that's Satan is using to distract you from listening to the real source of divine guidance in this end time! undecided undecided undecided

Mr or guy whatever applies.
I gave you verses, showing irrefutably the composition of the human being.
Now pick one of those and talk on it.
I gave you verses showing destination of man who is unsaved - hell enroute to the lake of fire.
Pick those and address.
I showed you how to be saved with verses- pick the verses i gave and refute.
If you are refuting show how you refute and the philosophy you use.
and back it up with the bible- like i said, YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER.
ONLY THE WORD matters.
all your lousy "holy ghost" is built around what the Catholic Church fabricated out of Greek philosophy
What nonsense is that you just said?
Do you really want to know the truth or you want to argue?
The bible is there- it's an open book.
The zeal of the Jehovah Witness is a misbegotten zeal. Much like the zeal of the muslims who blow themselves up in the name of Allah.
Many muslims have come to know the truth and put their faith in Jesus Christ.

Your going door-to-door with boldness isnt earning you any credits if you are lost.
The best thing you can do for yourself it to knw the truth concerning the faith of lost.
Hell is forever. Not 1 million years, not 1 trillion years but forever.
I'll leave you with one last word- be as biased as you can be but try with all your heart to know
the truth (is there a hell how do i avoid it). Do that? It will be pathetic if you went door to door and find out you spent your years in vain.
Like i say, no lie can be hidden in the bible. The JW is a cult, come out of it.
If you are open- we can discuss the bible. But if you discard the bible as CATHOLIC PROPAGANDA- you are on your own. Find the truth for yourself.
Eternal life is more than hell fire though, Christianity is more than avoiding hell but for those who just want fire insurance - the least you can do is avoid hell. Good day
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by asalimpo(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ubenedictus:
actually the Catholic Church was already teaching that justification is by grace 1500 years before Luther... up till today the Catholic Church teach that justification is by grace.

Martin Luther heresy was called faith alone which means that the only thing you need for salvation is faith. Luther said if you commit adultery 1000 times every day it won't affect your salvation so far you have faith, he told is disciples to sin and sin strongly, his teaching later metamorphose into once saved always saved... that is pure heresy and the Catholic Church rejected it.

but just as the Bible says false teachers will arise on the last days and people flock to them, that is how Luther arose with his heresy to cause division in the Church, today we have 40,000 Protestant denominations who can't agree in doctrine... that is the fruit of Protestantism- division

This is a flat lie.
If that was so Luther would never has posted his thesis at wittenburg and start a revolution.
The Catholic pollution of christianity is very well documented. So much paganism is in it.
Take the rosary and bids - no NT precedent for that. Utter hogwash. Man's traditions.

Praying through mary etc - simple idolatory.

Luther showed that you are justified by faith. The just shall live by faith- a bible verse.
Prior to that , it wasnt so.
Protestantism is mired in strife and division because men will always be unique.
and also because the devil is the author of confusion- he wants to taint the truth.
Why arent they 50 000 muslim sects? Because islam isnt the truth?
CAtholicism was never the one true church.
There is no unified one truth church on earth.
The church is just the body of believers- and Jesus is the Head.
As a matter of fact the bible has no denomination- protestant,catholic etc are not in it.
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by asalimpo(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the Catholic Church did Not keep people in illiteracy, you are misinformed.

the vandal attacked the west and burnt as many books as they could, it was the Church that preserved literacy in all of Europe. the universities of Europe were built by the Catholic Church, even the contemporary education system is from the Church, we literally educated all of Europe

anybody who could afford it could get a Bible, printing press had not been invented which means every Bible was hand copied by Catholic monks, reading the Bible was never a crime unless you were reading adulterated bibles.
I wish you could be honest with the truth.
But you would likely be biased.
Wycliffe was burned at stake for interpreting the bible.
The bible was in Latin and locked up in seminaries and only priests could read it-
Wycliffe played with his life converting the bible to english for the commoner.
He was burned at stake.
Hus, who worked with him was burned at stake too.
Hus prophesied that in a 100 years a man would arise who would spread the truth.

the inquisitions that saw many who were not catholic and believed in the virgin mary burned and tortured to death.
The one-truth-church (catholicism) was all out to destroy all who didnt believe in it!!

This may be embarrassing to you - but you either deal with the truth or deny it.
This facts are so well documented so well known. It's all out there,except you want to close your eyes to it.
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by asalimpo(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
OneJ:

According to the Greek manuscript ,in Luke 12:5, the correct word there is Gehenna, (in Hebrew, Gehinnom), not hellfire. Don't get it twisted, Gehenna was never a place of torment
. JWs spend time & effort to study & research the Bible & when they give U guys scriptural truth ,una go vex dey argue blindly.
Guy, U go just dey post anything wey enter your head because U wan defend falsehood. Pls search this topic on NL "Gehenna is NOT hellfire". Make U shine your eyes.
U said "u are a spirit & u live in a body James 2:26 ...." Na. Big LIE !!!!! Was Adam in the spirit realm before God created him on earth ?

Let me ask you a simple question- is the grave something to be scared of?
You say the bible is corrupted? Prove that conclusively.
Because i can prove it isnt.
Let's discuss that?
If it has been corrupted, how did you know it is corrupted?
Corrupted for what purpose?
What was corrupted and what wasnt?
How do you know that the translation you use isnt corrupted too?
How can you tell what verses were corrupted or not?

What is the criteria for determining a corrupt and non corrupt translation?

In a world were mathematical theories cannot stand for centuries without being relentlessly
attacked how could the corruptions go undetected for centuries?

Let me just put it to you-if in doubt- go by the KJV.
It's authentic and very authoritative.
It was written with meticulousness and care to preserve the original translation,
as you can see going by the greek interlinear, the correspondence with the greek is always one-to-one.
Always, you open the greek, open the kjv, it's always worded with no human interpretion inputed,
does that look like a book that was corrupted to mislead.

James 2 v 26 : As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

You see that? or is James 2 v 26 corrupted?
1 Thess 5 v 23 :
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That's two verses showing how the human being is composed.
you have a spirit,you have a soul,you have a body.
Corruption? Undetected corruption that flew under the radar until Watchtower came along and uncovered it?
Guy, you've been had!
See, i'm just showing you today that you have a spirit-you didnt know that. But it's been in the bible all along!
James shows you that death is the spirit separating from the body!! You didnt know that.

Look at this: Luke 12 v 5:
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Drop your glasses of biase.
Is that verse corrupted?
After your body is killed , you can be thrown into hell!!
who is the YOU! because according to your doctrine- when you die you are gone(you cease to exist)!!

Look at this:
Hebrews 12 v 23:
You have come to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. You have come to the [b]spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect. [/b]
- is that verse corrupted?
see there- spirits of men. See it?

Or the original manuscript is wrong!!
Your argument is with the BIBLE not with me. You can either believe or stick to YOUR BELIEFS.
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by DSS1335: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
OneJ:

God continue to bless u all that stands for the truth. You guys keep inspiring me to become a member.
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Ubenedictus(m): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
asalimpo:

This is a flat lie.
If that was so Luther would never has posted his thesis at wittenburg and start a revolution.
The Catholic pollution of christianity is very well documented. So much paganism is in it.
Take the rosary and bids - no NT precedent for that. Utter hogwash. Man's traditions.

Praying through mary etc - simple idolatory.

Luther showed that you are justified by faith. The just shall live by faith- a bible verse.
Prior to that , it wasnt so.
Protestantism is mired in strife and division because men will always be unique.
and also because the devil is the author of confusion- he wants to taint the truth.
Why arent they 50 000 muslim sects? Because islam isnt the truth?
CAtholicism was never the one true church.
There is no unified one truth church on earth.
The church is just the body of believers- and Jesus is the Head.
As a matter of fact the bible has no denomination- protestant,catholic etc are not in it.

that is the truth, the Church teaches justification by grace Luther heresy was called justification by faith ALONE, this is a heresy and was rightly condemned, you can browse it.

the Protestant pollution of Christianity is even more glaring, from one Church they broke into 40,000 contradictory sects, God forbid, my God is not a God of confusion
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
asalimpo:

Mr or guy whatever applies.
I gave you verses, showing irrefutably the composition of the human being.
Now pick one of those and talk on it.
I gave you verses showing destination of man who is unsaved - hell enroute to the lake of fire.
Pick those and address.
I showed you how to be saved with verses- pick the verses i gave and refute.
If you are refuting show how you refute and the philosophy you use.
and back it up with the bible- like i said, YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER.
ONLY THE WORD matters.
all your lousy "holy ghost" is built around what the Catholic Church fabricated out of Greek philosophy
What nonsense is that you just said?
Do you really want to know the truth or you want to argue?
The bible is there- it's an open book.
The zeal of the Jehovah Witness is a misbegotten zeal. Much like the zeal of the muslims who blow themselves up in the name of Allah.
Many muslims have come to know the truth and put their faith in Jesus Christ.

Your going door-to-door with boldness isnt earning you any credits if you are lost.
The best thing you can do for yourself it to knw the truth concerning the faith of lost.
Hell is forever. Not 1 million years, not 1 trillion years but forever.
I'll leave you with one last word- be as biased as you can be but try with all your heart to know
the truth (is there a hell how do i avoid it). Do that? It will be pathetic if you went door to door and find out you spent your years in vain.
Like i say, no lie can be hidden in the bible. The JW is a cult, come out of it.
If you are open- we can discuss the bible. But if you discard the bible as CATHOLIC PROPAGANDA- you are on your own. Find the truth for yourself.
Eternal life is more than hell fire though, Christianity is more than avoiding hell but for those who just want fire insurance - the least you can do is avoid hell. Good day
Understanding the scriptures is not just reading it and thinking you're becoming an interpreter or teacher simply because you can read English. These are sacred secrets that even intellectuals during Jesus' days couldn't grasp it. Why? They rejected the one who can explain the writings for them! There is no place where God is going to burn people forever,it's just beyond the brains of arrogant people who won't accept simple truth. Hell means Hades means Sheol means Grave! It's the same thing expressed in for different languages Old English, Greek, Hebrew and simplified English. You can understand the whole thing if you meditate on these questions (1) Why God created man? (2) How does HE feel when people suffer? (3) What is HIS plan for good people that are dead now! (4) Does HE have any plans for bad people? (5) What will happen to HIS rebellious Spirit Sons(fallen angels)? (6)What is God's plan for the Earth and all other creatures in it? (7) Does HE derive pleasure when HIS creatures are in agony? If you can't answer these questions from the scriptures then your understanding is simply based on the perspectives of the majority! Adam was the first and foremost sinner and his punishment wasn't eternal suffering in a place where he's not allowed to return to nothingness as in nonexistence. God (Adam's creator) declared "you will die" and "return to the dust from which you were taken" Génesis 3:3,19 So whatever interpretation anyone is given to later writings in the same book inspired by the same God shouldn't contradicts the beginning of the same book!
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
The spirit or soul in most cases refers to your personality within, for example if you wish to be with your people far away in your home town,you can be seeing them and everything there in your minds but one thing makes it impossible:that is your body because you and your body are inseparable. Jesus was talking to people who so much cherish their life that even if they should die being His followers of course all that their killers could do now is to stop them from living long by destroying the body that forms them but the power to return to life again is in God's hands. So it's better to fear God who can kill a sinner and at the same time decide if such a sinner worth a resurrection! Matthew 10:28 We're the only specie of earthly creatures created with intellect,it's only when we have dealings with spirit beings that we are made to believe we can do things without the need of our bodies and that's a lie from fallen angels! Immediately our body is destroyed we seize to exist, unlike spirit beings who can materialize and dematerialize at will sustainability of human life solely depends on how healthy the body is just like every other creatures on earth. Ecclesiastes 3:19,20 So nothing survives us at death. Ecclesiastes 9:10 When our breath(spiritually given power to continue living) stops functioning, then we know nothing and can't feel nothing anymore because the means of feelings for touch, smell etc which is the body has stopped working. Psalms 146:4 The promoter of the idea that we can see,feel,think or do any other thing at death is the same person who told Eve "you will not POSITIVELY die" when our creator clearly said "you will die". There is no sense in resurrection that Jesus preached, taught and died for if something survives us at death, that's why Lazarus and his sisters could thank Jesus for bringing him back to life otherwise Lazarus's Spirit could have gone out to a better place where his enemies won't have any chances of killing him again! John 12:10
Re: Doctrinal Lies Of The Jehovah Witness religion by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2018
asalimpo:

I wish you could be honest with the truth.
But you would likely be biased.
Wycliffe was burned at stake for interpreting the bible.
The bible was in Latin and locked up in seminaries and only priests could read it-
Wycliffe played with his life converting the bible to english for the commoner.
He was burned at stake.
Hus, who worked with him was burned at stake too.
Hus prophesied that in a 100 years a man would arise who would spread the truth.

the inquisitions that saw many who were not catholic and believed in the virgin mary burned and tortured to death.
The one-truth-church (catholicism) was all out to destroy all who didnt believe in it!!

This may be embarrassing to you - but you either deal with the truth or deny it.
This facts are so well documented so well known. It's all out there,except you want to close your eyes to it.

my dear you are again misinformed.

Wycliffe died a peaceful death, he was a Catholic priest in England, he died while celebrating mass, he was struck by stroke. he was also a heretic who believed that the King should be given power and authority over the entire Church as the Anglican today.

while he was alive, his doctrine was been condemned and was finally condemned after his death. he was not killed for translating the Bible, he died a natural death and he was later condemned for his heresy.

actually the Bible was never locked up, anyone who could purchase it could have it, and anyone who was educated in Europe then could read Latin since Latin was the language of education, Wycliffe was not the first to translate the Bible into English, they were translation before him and the Church didn't condemn such so too Hus

maybe you should read up.

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-the-Catholic-Church-oppose-Bible-translation-to-popular-languages

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Sx Position Can Take Christian Couple To Hell. Adeoye Replys Oladejo / Enjoy This Christian 'Bullshit' / Something Cuts Her Body At Night.advise Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.