Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,100 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) (39864 Views)

Lagos Bans Trucks, Trailers On Roads In Day Time / The Return Of Parked Tankers On Expressways In Lagos (PHOTOS) / The Return Of Parked Trucks On Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by AutoJoshNG: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
It has become a regular sight. It is the long stretch of parked trailers. They all line up along the stretch of a massive 12.4km of expressway, from Onipanu to the ports in Apapa.

Several bridges along the way are not spared of their presence and enormous weights. The bridges include: Ojuelegba, Abati, Stadium, Ijora, Iganmu, Eko, Carter and Jibowu bridges.

These parked articulated vehicles are also the cause of the chaotic traffic flow on and around these bridges.

They typically cause journeys that ought to be in minutes to last for hours.

Even the government appears incredibly clueless about a solution the situation.

Only God knows how long Lagosians would have to put up with this nuisance.

https://autojosh.com/checkout-the-12-4km-stretch-of-parked-trailers-on-the-road-in-lagos-photo/

4 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by AutoJoshNG: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2018

1 Share

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by peacengine(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Dangote grin

8 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Giddymoney(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
grin
Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Imustreturn(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
Saw this things ehhh.. E just weak me

5 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Teewhy2: 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
i no know say Autojosh don get containers, Luxurious bus e.t.c well for Lagos.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by LaudableXX: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
It has become a regular sight. It is the long stretch of parked trailers. They all line up along the stretch of a massive 12.4km of expressway, from Onipanu to the ports in Apapa.

Several bridges along the way are not spared of their presence and enormous weights. The bridges include: Ojuelegba, Abati, Stadium, Ijora, Iganmu, Eko, Carter and Jibowu bridges.

These parked articulated vehicles are also the cause of the chaotic traffic flow on and around these bridges.

They typically cause journeys that ought to be in minutes to last for hours.

Even the government appears incredibly clueless about a solution the situation.

Only God knows how long Lagosians would have to put up with this nuisance.

https://autojosh.com/checkout-the-12-4km-stretch-of-parked-trailers-on-the-road-in-lagos-photo/
Honestly these trailer & tanker drivers are totally lawless! angry Once they are chased away from one place, they re-group and move to another area of the city, to line the streets there, and cause chaos. They were chased out of Apapa, then they moved to Ikorodu road, Amuwo Odofin and Mile 2 area.

Even the truck owners do not have a say over the antics of their drivers. sad Any state governor that wants to prove his mettle in Lagos, needs to devote time, energy and resources to curb this menace! angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Escodeb(m): 12:27am On Jun 14, 2018
There should be a legislation to ban this trucks in places like this.
Economically it doesn't make sense to transport goods from one state to another talkless of one region to another through this means of transportation.
Damages done to the roads and bridges across the country and most importantly loss of lives and properties daily through this same means of transportation when order safer means of transportation can be utilized.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Imustreturn(m): 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ftc

Wetin concern me

3 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by CriticMaestro: 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
Please stop comparing Lagos with Abuja
Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
Lagos and dirty sha. Just look under that bridge.

7 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by MaziOmenuko: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2018
Lagos traffic is a tourist attraction.

These ones are cargo trucks waiting to access the ports. Come to Amuwo/2nd rainbow/Festac axis and see their brothers with fuel tankers. The highway is their queue leaving just the service lanes; and when that one no do them, they will occupy everywhere and you can go to hell or better still, sleep on the road.

There should be a legislation to ban this trucks in places like this.

Lol...if you ban them, they embark on strike and the entire country will be paralysed. Those guys can cripple the economy of this country and they know it. After the Navy gave orders to evacuate them, nothing happened. They are back, better and stronger. Everyone treats them with kid-gloves.

10 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by 4hys: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
GOTO OGONI IN RIVERS STATE U WILL SEE MORE THAN THIS
Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by maxiuc(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
grin

Ambode will not see this one

It is intersate company that has and maintain their own bus terminal that he will go against

2 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Etihadstore: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
This is a potential hazard waiting to happen.... All this load on the edge of a bridge shocked

A serious government will not take this likely

6 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by kpaofame: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
In working nations, The railway will be working to reduce the haulage of produce from one region to another..

infact

6 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Daniel058(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=peacengine post=68448949]Dangote grin[/quote

Did you see Dangote name written on any of them?

Can't you see it belongs to Autojosh grin

5 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Annoying to say the least

1 Like

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by thoollz: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Honestly it is appalling. I know what I faced last week on my way to yaba, we spent several hours in traffic because of these selfish dunderheads. This isn't d only place they do this rubbish, on the expressway especially on your way to Ilorin, the narrow Oyo-Ilorin road u'll see them Park their trucks on the road At a stretch.

The worst thing is that most of them are northerners, they come into your domain and start trying all sort of rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by valgbo(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Na wa
Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by zombieHUNTER: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
angry

Lagos is congested
I wonder why dangote will still sight his refinery in the state....

I plead with Akwa ibom government to hasten the construction of the seaport in the state...

All oil companies should locate their head offices in the Niger delta..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Gangster1ms: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
These trailers are menace to lagos roads and society. Something should be done about these stress inducing vehicle and killers.

1 Like

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by soberdrunk(m): 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
Autojosh dey try!! When i become the governor of Oyo State i will make him my special adviser on Transport matters........ angry

1 Like

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by LazyNairalander(m): 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
Funny... Abeg CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Mustay(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
Disaster waiting to happen and when it happens we begin to call on God instead of our negligence. I think Lagosians are comfortable with this because they have complained and got used to this.

What could occur - fire, bad roads (and weakened bridges), dirty environment (they eat, drink and defecate on the roads) leading to health issues and loss of income due to traffic.

In any other society, the two issues of waste management and these tankers are enough to let a party lose elections.

Smart city indeed.

4 Likes

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
Teewhy2:
i no know say Autojosh don get containers, Luxurious bus e.t.c well for Lagos.

Re: 12.4km Stretch Of Parked Trailers On The Road In Lagos (PHOTO) by softworldsystem(m): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
honestly their own too much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Man Crushed To Death After Fatal Accident With A Power Bike. Graphic PICS / Accident On Benin Ekpoma-Auchi Road: 2 Children, 6 Others Dead (Disturbing Pix) / Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.