Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup (61689 Views)

Reasons Africans did not weep for Morocco Team / The Moment Ronaldo Scores Against Morocco To Break World Cup Goal Record (PICS) / Trump’s Pushes To Host 2026 FIFA World Cup In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nairatrenders: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
At least 11 African countries did not vote for Morocco to host the 2026 World Cup.

They are: Benin, Guinea, Liberia, Mozambique, Namibia, Sierra Leone, South Africa and Zimbabwe.

Botswana, Cape Verde and Lesotho are the other countries.

Instead they opted for a joint bid of the United States of America (USA), Mexico and Canada, which eventually won the hosting rights.

Morocco would have been the second African nation to host the tournament, after South Africa did in 2010.

The result was determined by more than 200 national soccer federations, who cast their ballots to cap FIFA’s annual Congress.

The 2026 tournament will feature an expanded field of 48 teams, an increase from the current 32.

It will also mark the first time in FIFA’s history, that a three-nation bid has been awarded the showpiece event.

SOURCE-

https://nairatrend.com.ng/see-list-of-countries-that-refused-to-vote-for-morocco-to-host-2026-world-cup/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Bad BElle nations in Africa cannot even support one of its own. After they will say the continent is backward. Even SA no want rivalry. When will my people learn?
Without any atom of doubt I knew Nigeria were solidly behind Morocco. After Pinnick and their FA joined forces to push out Issa Hayatu and made way for Ahmad Ahmadlipsrsealed

But is Cameron on that list If not, what a forgiving nation! angry

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Ournews: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
PurplePatch:
Bad BElle nations in Africa cannot even support one of its own. After they will say the continent is backward. Even SA no want rivalry. When will my people learn?
Without any atom of doubt I knew Nigeria were solidly behind Morocco. After Pinnick and their FA joined forces to force out Issa Hayatu and made way for Ahmad Ahmadlipsrsealed

But is Cameron on that list If not, what a forgiving nation. angry

What it's preventing this thread from going to the promised land? If na snakee now....
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by selemempe: 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
If only naija can get its act together and host the 2030 turnament

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by gibzzhd: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
Morocco them self do not participate in d all African games until d last 3 edition.they ain't comfortable referring to themselves a Africans.so y seek our favour this time.Nigeria voted against USA? Trump take note!

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Ournews: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
selemempe:
fake dream

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Arsenalholic(m): 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
See the countries that didn't vote them from Africa. They all have useless national teams that haven't been to the WC in a while. So they can't really be bothered.

Why did RSA refuse to vote for Morroco, though? Bad belle or what? This here is one of the major reasons Africa lags behind every other continent.

Make una ready. You people will be waking up by 2AM to watch WC games in 2026. By that time I would have become a citizen of Canada cool

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
Africans and bad belle, don't know why Africans can never support their own

11 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by HAH: 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
My proposal for African nations is to have a joined ticket to host the 2030 world cup.

A bid that represent each zone won't be bad like

Nigeria- West Africa
Morocco- north Africa
Angola- southern Africa
Kenya- East Africa

Or alternatively have two nation in each zone like

Nigeria, Ghana
Morocco, Tunisia
Angola, Zambia
Kenya, Ethiopia

The bid can be termed African, with proper marketing, conviction and planning Africa can host the world cup again. Remember also the world cup will be of 48 teams from 2026 and 80 games, so most likely the days of single country hosting it is over, it may be by blocs like what we saw today when USA, Mexico and Canada got the ticket to host 2026.

Africa can do it too

18 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Ournews: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2018
What an act of iberibeism by Africans done to themselves by themselves Abeg make I book my games as players dey collect their own payroll make I collect my own 4rm bet9ja if u know u know grin

5 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Auladimeji(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2018
Majorities are Christian country

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Auladimeji(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2018
gibzzhd:
Morocco them self do not participate in d all African games until d last 3 edition.they ain't comfortable referring to themselves a Africans.so y seek our favour this time.Nigeria voted against USA? Trump take note!
Trump can't do anything

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Trendvoice: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2018
Auladimeji:
Trump can't do anything
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by moststylish(m): 11:45am On Jun 14, 2018
na sure way to escape naija be that, as I reach US I don lost

6 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:49am On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:
Without any atom of doubt I knew Nigeria were solidly behind Morocco. After Pinnick and their FA joined forces to push out Issa Hayatu and made way for Ahmad Ahmadlipsrsealed

What it's preventing this thread from going to the promised land? If na snake thread now....
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique.
why did morocco refused to host afcon in 2015?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by ruggedtimi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:
to host world spoon

1 Like

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by chillychill(f): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:

Buhahahahahaha dream chasercheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nairatrenders: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
chillychill:

Buhahahahahaha dream chasercheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by mummyson26(m): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
Before you talk shits about s/Africa remembered Morocco also voted for Germany in 2006

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nairatrenders: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
mummyson26:
Before you talk shits about s/Africa remembered Morocco also voted for Germany in 2006
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
Goke7:

why did morocco refused to host afcon in 2015?

Ebola scare.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:

Ebola scare.

But equatorial guinea hosted the afconn which is closer to dr congo than morroco which is so far way up north. The morrocans got what they bargained for and I hear this is their fifth time of wordl cup bidding. Next time they should take Africa more seriously cos they equally hosted the confed cup around the same time of the Ebola scare

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by obaataaokpaewu: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
48 countries and Morocco feels she can host all the countries alone? Coming years with this 48 countries format, "co-hosting" will always win

9 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Mustay(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:

What it's preventing this thread from going to the promised land? If na snake thread now....
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique.

Had Morocco not treated Africa with disrespect by refusing to host AFCON at the last minute, Africa would surely had been in unison to vote for them?

Actions have effects

It also has nothing to do with backward or forward. Take a look at the results and see for yourself that countries voted differently. I like that Spain abstained. They have Mexico or Morocco to choose from.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Dreyl(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
This is the same reason why Africans are backward, enviness won't kill them.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Moicearmany: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
It will be watching football matches at midnight. You can take my sleep away o. FIFA

1 Like

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Sirpaul(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
Badbelle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obinna Nsofor: The Luxury Lifestyle Of Nigerian Footballer (Pictures) / Inside Paul Pogba’s £2.9million Mansion (Photos) / Reactions As McGregor Strips Down To His Pants Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.