Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup (61702 Views)

Reasons Africans did not weep for Morocco Team / The Moment Ronaldo Scores Against Morocco To Break World Cup Goal Record (PICS) / Trump’s Pushes To Host 2026 FIFA World Cup In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by KulAsCucumber: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:
Bad BElle nations in Africa cannot even support one of its own. After they will say the continent is backward. Even SA no want rivalry. When will my people learn?
Without any atom of doubt I knew Nigeria were solidly behind Morocco. After Pinnick and their FA joined forces to push out Issa Hayatu and made way for Ahmad Ahmadlipsrsealed

But is Cameron on that list If not, what a forgiving nation! angry

Most of countries listed above refused to vote for Morocco because, she decided not to host NATIONS CUP FOR HOME BASED TEAM during the time ebola virus epidemic was killing a lot of people in west africa. Na law of kama catch them

4 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Arsenalholic(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
histemple:

You forgot that in 2002 Morocco refused to vote for RSA to host 2010 mundial.
Really? I am not aware of that.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by OmoDavido(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
God this is 2018 I am still an undergraduate with nothing really working for me yet. By 2026 I will be in my funished apartment, in my own house, have my own cars, with my own wife and my lovely kids, with a good account balance and with plenty things working for me . And money or financial problems would have been a thing of the past in my life. So shall it be. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
Metuh:

What do you even know

This same Morroco pulled out of African Union because they say they are not part of us.

in 2006, it remained a vote for SA to get the bid, Morocco voted for Germany instead.

They can never host that cup.

We are all learning. Thanks for the extra info. I get your points.

1 Like

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Metuh:

What do you even know

This same Morroco pulled out of African Union because they say they are not part of us.

in 2006, it remained a vote for SA to get the bid, Morocco voted for Germany instead.

Ooh i see! That's was really bad of them the Moroccans. Thanks man.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bidobado:

You've got it wrong... North African countries don't give a toss about the black Africans, if you don't believe me, go to Libya, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco and see what they do to our people.
To hell with Morocco for not getting the games, who wants to get blown up??

Good points there. I code. Thanks

1 Like

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by 14(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
This just goes to show how powerful South Africa is, You can never get anything before you asked SA for green light.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by MarieSucre(f): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
Auladimeji:
Majorities are Christian country

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait Iraq etc did not for vote for Morocco bid, in fact Saudi Arabia actively campaigned against it.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by nwoke39: 2:31am On Jun 15, 2018
lonlytroy:

Na Generator u wan take power stadium ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy u no go kill me o

funny and sad at the same time
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Orpe7(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2018
Dem wan use am enter yankee na.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by ooshinibos: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2018
Metuh:

Its you and you alone that is backward. Rubbish

What do you even know

your writing is even backward arrogant Nigerian with Oil and gas ..and still no electricity , eranko omo Naija ..a disgrace to the black race
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2018
HAH:
My proposal for African nations is to have a joined ticket to host the 2030 world cup.

A bid that represent each zone won't be bad like

Nigeria- West Africa
Morocco- north Africa
Angola- southern Africa
Kenya- East Africa

Or alternatively have two nation in each zone like

Nigeria, Ghana
Morocco, Tunisia
Angola, Zambia
Kenya, Ethiopia

The bid can be termed African, with proper marketing, conviction and planning Africa can host the world cup again. Remember also the world cup will be of 48 teams from 2026 and 80 games, so most likely the days of single country hosting it is over, it may be by blocs like what we saw today when USA, Mexico and Canada got the ticket to host 2026.

Africa can do it too
It will be a great move but even it will be accepted, how many of us will be alive to see it?
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by HAH: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hati13:

It will be a great move but even it will be accepted, how many of us will be alive to see it?
it may be accepted considering the fact that the world cup will be of 48 teams from 2026 as you can see the world cup that year is between three countries USA, Canada and mexico, and you know the total land area of this three countries is as big as Africa if not more, we pray God gives us more days to witness 2030 which is 12 years from now, the only problem I see is finance and may be unseriousness from some African countries
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
HAH:
it may be accepted considering the fact that the world cup will be of 48 teams from 2026 as you can see the world cup that year is between three countries USA, Canada and mexico, and you know the total land area of this three countries is as big as Africa if not more, we pray God gives us more days to witness 2030 which is 12 years from now, the only problem I see is finance and may be unseriousness from some African countries
Yeah it will be great to see it. It will be a dream come true. I’m exaggerating in us being not alive in 2030. We have to see the result after 4 years to see the 2030 result. The total area of Canada, USA and Mexico is less than Africa.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by HAH: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hati13:

Yeah it will be great to see it. It will be a dream come true. I’m exaggerating in us being not alive in 2030. We have to see the result after 4 years to see the 2030 result. The total area of Canada, USA and Mexico is less than Africa.
the slow campaign should start immediately after this Russia world cup as the host of 2030 will be announced at Qatar 2022.

Cheers bro
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by eiete(f): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2018
gibzzhd:
Morocco them self do not participate in d all African games until d last 3 edition.they ain't comfortable referring to themselves a Africans.so y seek our favour this time.Nigeria voted against USA? Trump take note!

Exactly. It would be like handing it back to the Arabs, just after Qatar has hosted it in 2022.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
AreaFada2:

Which country refused to host AFCON because of Ebola?

Gotcha!! grin grin cheesy cheesy

There is always payback time. grin

For Bleep sakes, Nigeria basically closed its borders to its neighbors during the period, do not justify this shit.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by AreaFada2: 2:43am On Jun 18, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:

For Bleep sakes, Nigeria basically closed its borders to its neighbors during the period, do not justify this shit.

Really? But AFCON was successfully hosted and nobody died of Ebola.

Morocco (and many North Africans generally) only demonstrated their prejudice. Take it from someone who has actually been a tourist in their country and lived with many of them in the West. I have a Moroccan friend who has a black grandmother. A black Moroccan. According to her, when they were growing up, their family asked them to conceal the fact they have a black grandmother. So that schoolmates and others do not stigmatize them.

Many of us actually travel and see things, not just typing nonsense on Nairaland. We Sub-Saharan Africans are their cousins when they need our votes, suits them or they can derive some advantages. When we need their solidarity they become Maghreb or suddenly even Middle East.

Qaddafi was the only one truly committed to African cause. Even that was due to his frustration with Gulf countries eating from America's hands & Arab League general disunity.

This is a UK Guardian article on the topic: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/13/morocco-cup-of-nations-ebola-africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inside Paul Pogba’s £2.9million Mansion (Photos) / Reactions As McGregor Strips Down To His Pants Today (Photos) / Obinna Nsofor: The Luxury Lifestyle Of Nigerian Footballer (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.