Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup (61717 Views)

Reasons Africans did not weep for Morocco Team / The Moment Ronaldo Scores Against Morocco To Break World Cup Goal Record (PICS) / Trump’s Pushes To Host 2026 FIFA World Cup In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by valnosky(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:
If only naija can get its act together and host the 2030 turnament
England to host 2030 world cup
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Jsucre(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
russia vs Saudi live stream link pls
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by LazyNairalander(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
11 African countries !!! Nawa ooooo. CHECK My signature
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by laliga01: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:
Bad BElle nations in Africa cannot even support one of its own. After they will say the continent is backward. Even SA no want rivalry. When will my people learn?
Without any atom of doubt I knew Nigeria were solidly behind Morocco. After Pinnick and their FA joined forces to push out Issa Hayatu and made way for Ahmad Ahmadlipsrsealed

But is Cameron on that list If not, what a forgiving nation! angry

We have to look at it critically. How sure are we that Morocco can host the new FIFA 48 teams that will be implemented by 2026?
I would have loved it in Africa personally but I think it will be better as a joint hosting first.
It's bringing together many teams than usual.

1 Like

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by thunderbabs: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:

Nigeria shld make itself better first.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Liberator007(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
Nairatrenders:
At least 11 African countries did not vote for Morocco to host the 2026 World Cup.

They are: Benin, Guinea, Liberia, Mozambique, Namibia, Sierra Leone, South Africa and Zimbabwe.

Botswana, Cape Verde and Lesotho are the other countries.

Instead they opted for a joint bid of the United States of America (USA), Mexico and Canada, which eventually won the hosting rights.

Morocco would have been the second African nation to host the tournament, after South Africa did in 2010.

The result was determined by more than 200 national soccer federations, who cast their ballots to cap FIFA’s annual Congress.

The 2026 tournament will feature an expanded field of 48 teams, an increase from the current 32.

It will also mark the first time in FIFA’s history, that a three-nation bid has been awarded the showpiece event.

SOURCE-

https://nairatrend.com.ng/see-list-of-countries-that-refused-to-vote-for-morocco-to-host-2026-world-cup/
Morocco also failed to vote for South Africa back in 2010.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Iceberg3: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
Even b4 biharia visited,em badluc don smell reach and affect them grin
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Afec1000givers: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
Nigeria giant shameless leaders. when are we going to be an option to host world cuf.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by EarthXmetahuman: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mynd44:

Wrong. Official FIFA kick off time is 4pm local time which means we will be watching the matches 6-7 hours early.

So we will be watching the games in the morning around 8-10am
it depends on city or state hosting. American states have different time zones.
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mynd44:

Wrong. Official FIFA kick off time is 4pm local time which means we will be watching the matches 6-7 hours early.

You got it totally wrong tho...
If the match is by 4pm in Newyork...
Nigeria is 6 hours ahead.. so the match will be by 10pm here..
Note: Nigeria Is 1hour ahead of Greenwich, while the US East cost is 5 hours behind..
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by daywatcher: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
moststylish:
na sure way to escape naija be that, as I reach US I don lost

US is a Godless country oo...are you sure you want to living amongst sinners permanently?
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mynd44:

Depending on the city tho..
My previous post concentrated mainly on the East coast of the US. I.e Newyork, Washington DC, Florida..
Some states in t Middle and West Coast have time difference reaching 8-9 hours from Naija..
So, say a match is to be played in Seattle, Portland or Carlifonia, which are all on th West coast, by 4pm..the time in Nigeria would be 12 midnight or 1am..
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by ryusufu(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
A joint world cup bid between Nigeria and Morocco would've made a difference
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by cyprex: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
gibzzhd:
Morocco them self do not participate in d all African games until d last 3 edition.they ain't comfortable referring to themselves a Africans.so y seek our favour this time.Nigeria voted against USA? Trump take note!

The Trump take note line made you sound childish.
Trump has no power over an independent, sovereign nation like Nigeria.
Be it as it may, this is football and FIFA (not America) is in-charge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
HAH:
My proposal for African nations is to have a joined ticket to host the 2030 world cup.

A bid that represent each zone won't be bad like

Nigeria- West Africa
Morocco- north Africa
Angola- southern Africa
Kenya- East Africa

Or alternatively have two nation in each zone like

Nigeria, Ghana
Morocco, Tunisia
Angola, Zambia
Kenya, Ethiopia

The bid can be termed African, with proper marketing, conviction and planning Africa can host the world cup again. Remember also the world cup will be of 48 teams from 2026 and 80 games, so most likely the days of single country hosting it is over, it may be by blocs like what we saw today when USA, Mexico and Canada got the ticket to host 2026.

Africa can do it too
Nice dream
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by tragergeorge(m): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
Mynd44:

abeg explain yourself, 4pm local Yankee time na when for 9ja
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by tragergeorge(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
SlyCharlie:

Depending on the city tho..
My previous post concentrated mainly on the East coast of the US. I.e Newyork, Washington DC, Florida..
Some states in t Middle and West Coast have time difference reaching 8-9 hours from Naija..
So, say a match is to be played in Seattle, Portland or Carlifonia, which are all on th West coast, by 4pm..the time in Nigeria would be 12 midnight or 1am..
no answer DAT one e just carry rush wan prove people wrong,na so over too kW de worry people here, you no see am say e don use shame go hide

1 Like

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Auladimeji:
Majorities are Christian country
Them done start again, is that why buhari voted for a fulani man from niger republic against a christian ibo man?
Morocco treated africa in a shity way by refusing to host afcon in the last minute now they getting served their own medicine. Keep sentiments aside and accept the truth dude.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by 1kinggy(m): 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
And so? No be thesame Morocco wet comot African Union go apply for EU membership?

4 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by lonlytroy(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:

Na Generator u wan take power stadium ?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by flemsy15(m): 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
HAH:
My proposal for African nations is to have a joined ticket to host the 2030 world cup.

A bid that represent each zone won't be bad like

Nigeria- West Africa
Morocco- north Africa
Angola- southern Africa
Kenya- East Africa

Or alternatively have two nation in each zone like

Nigeria, Ghana
Morocco, Tunisia
Angola, Zambia
Kenya, Ethiopia

The distances between the hosting nations will be too much for easy movements of both players and fans, it won't work, FIFA won't agree, hosting nations must have common boundaries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Morocco fumbled big time. Morocco opted out dine minutes to host the 2015 Nations cup because of Ebola but the hosted Fifa world club cup. They don't see themselves as an African in both politics and sport. Though other African countries should have supported them. Try again next time Maroc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Chukazu: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:
Bad BElle nations in Africa cannot even support one of its own. After they will say the continent is backward. Even SA no want rivalry. When will my people learn?
Without any atom of doubt I knew Nigeria were solidly behind Morocco. After Pinnick and their FA joined forces to push out Issa Hayatu and made way for Ahmad Ahmadlipsrsealed

Morroco na mumu country.

The same country that pulled out of African Union, and seeking to join ECOWAS when they have no territorial border with ECOWAS countries?

So how exactly do they want solidarity with AU countries?

"Charity begins at home naa"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Did Morocco support Africa's first World Cup in RSA?

Didn't Morocco leave the African Union for over 30yrs only rejoining 6months ago?

Didn't Morocco decide against the hosting of an AFCON because of Ebola in Guinea?

Nobody owes Morocco anything!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by engrkaz(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
These bad belle nations just want to make life difficult for those that will qualify from Africa. They know they won't qualify especially that SA..
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by engrjacuzzi: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
which year will goodwill akpabio stadium host World Cup
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by HAH: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
flemsy15:

The distances between the hosting nations will be too much for easy movements of both players and fans, it won't work, FIFA won't agree, hosting nations must have common boundaries
the distance from mexico to Canada is almost what I am proposing, so I don't think it will be a problem, as highest flight hour will not be more than 5 hours
Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
PurplePatch:

You've got it wrong... North African countries don't give a toss about the black Africans, if you don't believe me, go to Libya, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco and see what they do to our people.
To hell with Morocco for not getting the games, who wants to get blown up??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by TourismMan(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:

With the substandard and decayed sports facilities across the country? Dream on bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Countries That Refused To Vote For Morocco To Host 2026 World Cup by udemzyudex(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Africa, this continent ehn, I dey very sure say na another god create this continent and the god no be better person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spain Vs Russia: World Cup 1(3) - 1(4) - On 1st July 2018 / Inside Paul Pogba’s £2.9million Mansion (Photos) / Reactions As McGregor Strips Down To His Pants Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.