Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,021 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

How “you May Kiss The Bride” Became A Wedding Custom - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How “you May Kiss The Bride” Became A Wedding Custom (491 Views)

Couple's Wedding Picture Trends Because Of The Bride's Makeup / "You May Now Kiss The Bride"—See How Groom Forcefully Kissed Bride On Wedding Da / Lady Explains Why It's Wrong For Pastor To Say 'you May Now Kiss The Bride' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How “you May Kiss The Bride” Became A Wedding Custom by Thinkyoung2018: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
It’s a popular custom for couples to kiss immediately after tying the knot. But how did this custom begin?

Whether it’s a civil wedding ceremony or one held in Church, the groom and the bride will likely be asked to kiss after the exchange of their marital vows.
It is a practice you’ll see at so many weddings, alright, but where did it begin from, and why was it necessary to begin it in the first instance.

Read More: Ladies, Things You Should Know About Sex Before Dating Any Man

You may kiss the bride: A brief history
It is claimed by several accounts that back in the day during the reign of the Roman empire, [753 BC to 27 BC and then from 64 AD to 1453 AD.], it is believed that the bride and the groom would not have kissed each other until the time of their wedding.

The kiss after the exchange of vows is seen traditionally as their first kiss ever.

Another reason why kissing after the vows became a thing was because marriages were seen as contracts and in Roman times kissing was a legal bond that sealed all contracts.

Read full article ; http://thinkyoung.com.ng/2018/06/13/how-you-may-kiss-the-bride-became-a-wedding-custom/

Re: How “you May Kiss The Bride” Became A Wedding Custom by Adasun(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
Smelly mouth is a no no for me
Re: How “you May Kiss The Bride” Became A Wedding Custom by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if kissing on the altar is ever right
Re: How “you May Kiss The Bride” Became A Wedding Custom by general111(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
i wont desecrate the alter...i am a holy man...lol..

(1) (Reply)

When Church Kids Get Nauty / A Very Hot Advice For Every Nigerian Lady, By Praise Fowowe / Let Us Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.