Stats: 3,156,007 members, 7,828,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw (19967 Views)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Siemens To Increase Grid Capacity To 12,000MW / NNPCL To Construct Another International Gas Pipeline To Europe / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by tolexy007(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
lastempero:

I understand ur points clearly but in a country like nigeria where each region has the capacity to generate enough electricity to serve itself,dont u think it's better building power plants that are regionally intergrated rather than spending billions of dollars transmitting energy from one region to another there by increasing the price of power generation.

To buttress my point home,lets summarise the capacity of each region to generate energy.

1.niger delta is endowed with enough gas to serve 5 giants thermal stations that can serve the whole region.take for instance,bonny island in rivers has gas turbine that gives the whole island 24hrs electricity including LNG.

2.south east has enough coal and gas to power the whole region

3.south west has some if not enough gas from its offshore platforms to serve it coupled with the dangote pipeline which is on course

4.The northern region has enough dams and enough coal(kogi region) to serve it and considering the point that they are low energy consuming region.

When you put all these together u will find out there is no need for a national grid which is even taking the chunk of money invested in the power sector.we can establish atleast 3 mega power generation plants in each region that can be operated intermittently.

u have said it all..

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Holorunloseyi(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2018
why has Nigeria put all her are needs in the hand of a single man,how can we progress in a monopoly economy where one man is allow to dictate the price of everything,Dangote Flour,Dangote cement,Dangote noddles,Dangote rice,Dangote refinery,Dangote electrical power,Everything is only Dangote that is liecence

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by LockDown69(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2018
No be naija, we de wait...
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Crankshaft: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
Generating electricity is not always the problem, when this generated power is transmitted on high-voltage power lines, the major problem has always been how to distribute the generated power on local power distributing lines to our homes and businesses

By distribution, I'm talking about the transformers, metering the electricity we use, etc. Distribution is the retail end of any electricity business. And if distribution doesn't work well. Whatever input you will put in power generation will always be a waste of time.

Though I commend dangote for even trying. I believe with time, distributing the power will be better.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by seguno2: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:
This is a 100% privately driven initiative - funded and led by Dangote himself.

Nothing to do with APC - except for the Forex support given by the Buhari led government due to its commitment to stop petroleum importation and boost power generation.

Take note.

Does forex support mean exclusive forex subsidy to Dangote because he is one of the owners of the Nigerian slave farm
How many other Nigerian businesses get forex at the ridiculous low rates of Dangote?
Take away the subsidies and government patronage to see that Dangote will collapse.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by lastmessenger: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
Generating electricity is not always the problem, when this generated power is transmitted on high-voltage power lines, the major problem has always been how to distribute the generated power on local power distributing lines to our homes and businesses

By distribution, I'm talking about the transformers, metering the electricity we use, etc. Distribution is the retail end of any electricity business. And if distribution doesn't work well. Whatever input you will put in power generation will always be a waste of time.

Though I commend dangote for even trying. I believe with time, distributing the power will be better.
you sound like one who works in the power sector
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2018
lastempero:

I understand ur points clearly but in a country like nigeria where each region has the capacity to generate enough electricity to serve itself,dont u think it's better building power plants that are regionally intergrated rather than spending billions of dollars transmitting energy from one region to another there by increasing the price of power generation.

To buttress my point home,lets summarise the capacity of each region to generate energy.

1.niger delta is endowed with enough gas to serve 5 giants thermal stations that can serve the whole region.take for instance,bonny island in rivers has gas turbine that gives the whole island 24hrs electricity including LNG.

3.south west has some if not enough gas from its offshore platforms to serve it coupled with the dangote pipeline which is on course

4.The northern region has enough dams and enough coal(kogi region) to serve it and considering the point that they are low energy consuming region.

When you put all these together u will find out there is no need for a national grid which is even taking the chunk of money invested in the power sector.we can establish atleast 3 mega power generation plants in each region that can be operated intermittently.
I don't understand why the Nigerian government can't see this as a means to end our power crises we are old enough!
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by iammo(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:

Actually, transmission is our major problem since government refused to privatize TCN most power from the national grid doesn't even get to the discos from the gencos, the distribution company needs all the energy they can get so as to milk customers dry sadly with nigerias total oil revenue from 2mill bpd at even $100 per barrel it would still take Nigeria more than a decade to fully install it transmission needs

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by okito: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2018
Make we just s(elect) this Dangote to be our President, abi? Seriously, this guy is just in a class of his own! We need technocrats to run this Country not politicians married to nepotism!
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by FabioPeter: 10:07am On Jun 14, 2018
Reference is the gas required for generation, infrastructure is a major aspect and doesn't exist at the moment. You can have 100 litres of fuel to take you from Kaduna to Abuja but you need a car to put the fuel.
We also have a challenge of a grossly undersized distribution network infrastructure, our current distribution network can barely support 3,000MW. Untill that is upgraded it will be wasteful to invest in power generation.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by buhariguy(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2018
Vatsyayana:

The deadline is 2019. And work is in a very progressive state.
that means buhari most continue to achieve that in 2019.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by kmaster007: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2018
Men! dangote mean biz
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 14, 2018
Holorunloseyi:
why has Nigeria put all her are needs in the hand of a single man,how can we progress in a monopoly economy where one man is allow to dictate the price of everything,Dangote Flour,Dangote cement,Dangote noddles,Dangote rice,Dangote refinery,Dangote electrical power,Everything is only Dangote that is liecence

Young man, I have tried severally to educate people about investment climate & policies in Nigeria & some African countries but I noticed the wrong information & propaganda already given to a particular section of Nigeria has made it difficult for them & their young men to be reasonable.

To quote you as stated above ' everything is only Dangote that is licensed'. It is not correct. All the products you mentioned have other players. In fact, it seems Dangote Noodles has been sold to FMN, it has been off market for a long time. Most of the big corporations in the world are private driven.

I am the most expectant of these refinery projects. I want to see the impacts on the Nigerian & West African countries. My fear is the 2019 completion date. The expectation is high & the enemies of progress are much. I always argue with them whenever they are speaking against the man & this project.

I made comment on his visit to the site with FO on may 29.

https://www.nairaland.com/4531227/femi-otedola-spends-democracy-day/1#67998481

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by lastempero: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2018
kenddys:

I don't understand why the Nigerian government can't see this as a means to end our power crises we are old enough!

Politics i guess and the quest to hold other progressive regions to ransom.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Chukwuka16: 10:20am On Jun 14, 2018
Very apt and on point solution. This is what makes the American electricity grid very resilient. That is why you see CAISO for instance able to precipitate a great move especially for renewable sources. And besides the segregation of the grid encourages innovation and efficiency.

A situation where we loose more than 20% of generated electricity to transmission is untenable. The reason for high ATC&C losses in Nigeria and the undeveloped energy sector is because of the quota system that exists in NERC. Even electricity generated from sapele is still subject to sharing formula. It is like we are cursed as a nation with sharing.

If the north knows that they have to pay for power imports from Egbin for instance nobody will force them to FastTrack the development of Mambila and other HEPs especially for energy security reasons. Furthermore, the north has the potential to develop solar technologies since HEPs are primarily peaking stations.

I can't therefore understand Fashola's continuous shout for embedded generation when we still have a centralised grid.

The cluster of illiterates and empty brains that are in governance today in Nigeria is really shocking, disheartening and doesn't bode well for our development.

lastempero:

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2018
yeyerolling:
land of 900k still dey that axis o, make una go buy. some pple go prefer to buy iphonex and cars wey be liability.

no mind them o

Short sightedness is rife amongst the masses
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2018
lastempero:

Politics i guess and the quest to hold other progressive regions to ransom.
and some lunatic BMC will be like there did not build Rome in one day. when Rome was been built there was no technology for Bleep sake?
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Thistles: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2018
OK

Check you hacks for getting a job in 2018 here:
https://www.curzonandjones.com/blog/how-to-get-a-job-in-nigeria-2018
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by mamaafrik(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2018
if the governmeny should as a matter of urgency roll out huge transmission and distribution networks to absorb all these generation of power.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Ugosample(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2018
Holorunloseyi:

unlike him, most Nigerian elite are rent seeking intellectually bankrupt muthafukas.

Other business men should try and take more risk to add value to the economy, and stop being rent seekers

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 14, 2018
Ugosample:

no mind them o
Short sightedness is rife amongst the masses
so you think it is very safe to live near refinery
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Enice(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2018
Those of you wondering why Buhari signed the gas agreement in Moroco, hear! Hear!!
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by thedio(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Vatsyayana:

The deadline is 2019. And work is in a very progressive state.
It will b test run b4 December this yr
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:

The whole of Africa eagerly awaits Aliko Dangote.

Nigeria is gradually regaining its position in the comity of African nations as the true GIANT of Africa.

Nigeria and the Fulani nation celebrates such an illustrious son.
Keep saying it till you believe it.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Chukwuka16:
Very apt and on point solution. This is what makes the American electricity grid very resilient. That is why you see CAISO for instance able to precipitate a great move especially for renewable sources. And besides the segregation of the grid encourages innovation and efficiency.

A situation where we loose more than 20% of generated electricity to transmission is untenable. The reason for high ATC&C losses in Nigeria and the undeveloped energy sector is because of the quota system that exists in NERC. Even electricity generated from sapele is still subject to sharing formula. It is like we are cursed as a nation with sharing.

If the north knows that they have to pay for power imports from Egbin for instance nobody will force them to FastTrack the development of Mambila and other HEPs especially for energy security reasons. Furthermore, the north has the potential to develop solar technologies since HEPs are primarily peaking stations.

I can't therefore understand Fashola's continuous shout for embedded generation when we still have a centralised grid.

The cluster of illiterates and empty brains that are in governance today in Nigeria is really shocking, disheartening and doesn't bode well for our development.

I agreed with you 100%. The problem is political.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by lastempero: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Chukwuka16:

When tou tell people that nigeria is heading no where with the current arrangement they feel u are a not patriotic.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Ugosample(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2018
kenddys:
so you think it is very safe to live near refinery
who said live? ?
You could buy for the sake of capital appreciation
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2018
Ugosample:

who said live? ?
You could buy for the sake of capital appreciation
with the hope of selling it and then sell it again and again abi or won't it be developed
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Foeniz(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2018
lastempero:

What we have currently in Nigeria is not different from what you re saying. Except thé eastern part of thé country where they r no power plant. The national grid with headquarter in Oshogbo is only à theoretical analysis. Its not practical.

Nigeria Electrical transmission and distribution needs the introduction of 'Fact devises' or capacitor banks for stability. The authorities should look into it.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by showafrica(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:

I don't know why they don't want to make states independent of generating and distributing power by themselves. If I become the president, that's the first thing I will do. If I become governor, I will do it for my state irrespective of government policy. Like that we will know the lazy states who feeds on others.

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by lastempero: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2018
Foeniz:

What we have currently in Nigeria is not different from what you re saying. Except thé eastern part of thé country where they r no power plant. The national grid with headquarter in Oshogbo is only à theoretical analysis. Its not practical.

Nigeria Electrical transmission and distribution needs the introduction of 'Fact devises' or capacitor banks for stability. The authorities should look into it.

My point is that it should be decentralized properly so as to do away with the quota system been practised and also to encourage generation of power regionally for effective distribution and minimizing the lost of energy already generated.Take for instance transmitting power generated from afam power station to d north will definetly increase the price of electricity and at the same time,considerable amount of energy will be lost too.

Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili / Bello Matawalle Launches Anti-Thurggery Patrol Team (Pictures) / Sowore Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Nigeria Army Burning Villages

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72