Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

This Is How National Security Council Looks Like - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How National Security Council Looks Like (7171 Views)

See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 / How National Assembly "Padded" 2021 Budget With Over ₦500 Billion / SEE How National Assembly’s Security Men Salute Melaye On Arrival At Nass Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by TIKAMBABA1(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2018
mods,pls close this thread,this is racially destructive,ethnically divisive,morally abhorrent and above all a clear violation of a certain rule of nairaland.
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by escodotman: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2018
ashjay001:

�I really don't think, we're in d same country! I'm a southerner, living in d north!

If he's going to present his case, he should do it, with all d right info! Don't bring, sentiments, into sh*t like that! That too, is inciting n it was irresponsible of him!
He made good and patriotic valid points like a true Nigerian. There is nothing as inciting as the current make-up of the so-called security council, like the list revealed, in wich northerners command almost 90% positions. There is nothing as inciting as the minister of defence, a northerner, calling for the abolishment of a constitutional law with senseless claims that the law is responsible for fulani herdesmen killing, when Zamfara state which the minister came from is experiencing wanton killings, yet there's no such law in Zamfara! That's what you get when the entire security achitecture of a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria is biased towards a tribe. That's the point he's trying to make to you.

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by IBENUALHASSAN(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2018
If you say the security council is loopsided and does not reflect federal character.have you really ask why your representative at both chamber have kept sealed lips on this subject matter.Abeg,next time somebody from S.S become the president of this country,dont forget to advice him to appoint people from his zone into the security council.as for the S.E that enjoy playing politics of bitterness,only God know if they can ever become president of this great country one day.
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by teekay213(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2018
And all of them are Muslims.

Has buhari not islamized Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by greenek: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2018
The ppl you called, what are their names?
If only 3 ppl out of 20+ ppl are from other places other than the north, just properly and truthfully ask yourself, is this just, fair and constitutional?
Even if they achieve all that's achievable, thus still isn't justified.

ashjay001:

Awon propagandists! So d VP, Chief of Defence Staff, chief of Naval Staff are not included ba?

3 Likes

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
escodotman:
He made good and patriotic valid points like a true Nigerian. There is nothing as inciting as the current make-up of the so-called security council, like the list revealed, in wich northerners command almost 90% positions. There is nothing as inciting as the minister of defence, a northerner, calling for the abolishment of a constitutional law with senseless claims that the law is responsible for fulani herdesmen killing, when Zamfara state which the minister came from is experiencing wanton killings, yet there's no such law in Zamfara! That's what you get when the entire security achitecture of a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria is biased towards a tribe. That's the point he's trying to make to you.

The composition is wrong! Even, looking at d last admin, when a southerner was d herd of d council, killings were going on, unabatedly!

My grouse is, not painting d true picture! His intent, no matter how noble, has been compromised!

Do u realise, that's what's wrong with our nation? Op cheated in stating his position, but u see nothing wrong ba? Then he gets into a position of authority n turns round to do d same sh*t, he's complaining of here! At that time, another set of pple, will then be complaining abt him!

U don't compromise ur position, with half-truths or outright mis-information, in ur supposed attempt, to showcase societal illsangry

Personally, once I decode a lie, every other thing u vomit, will be taken with a grain of salt!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
greenek:
The ppl you called, what are their names?
If only 3 ppl out of 20+ ppl are from other places other than the north, just properly and truthfully ask yourself, is this just, fair and constitutional?
Even if they achieve all that's achievable, thus still isn't justified.

If u're gonna quote me, try get ur facts right, pls!angry

Up there is 16names, 3 expected names where omitted! How are we sure no other name was omitted

He has lost any argument, in an objective field! Let's all stop being sentimental, pls!

Why have we all lost our sense of integrity, just to make a statementangry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by CSTR1003: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bluemalam:

With Yoruba led Economic Team
South-South led Naval Force
One Nigeria.
No wonder the economy is in the doldrums.

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
No wonder there are killings, robbery, SARS molestations, etc everywhere. Their focus is on something else and not national security.
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by greenek: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
I read your previous replie and it really baffles me where your thought pattern is coming from, I'm doing myself so much wrong by replying you.

Nobody is bin sentimental, it's soo obvious that it's not right. Don't play on the wrong of the person that posted story. The constituent of the security council is not justified in terms of geopolitical or sharing formula.

He omitted three names which was wrong, but 16 were northerners. You know there would be bias..

Please try to be logical bro, don't argue blindly or use the wrong of someone else to justify that your own wrong is right

ashjay001:

If u're gonna quote me, try get ur facts right, pls!angry

Up there is 16names, 3 expected names where omitted! How are we sure no other name was omitted

He has lost any argument, in an objective field! Let's all stop being sentimental, pls!

Why have we all lost our sense of integrity, just to make a statementangry

2 Likes

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2018
greenek:
I read your previous replie and it really baffles me where your thought pattern is coming from, I'm doing myself so much wrong by replying you.

Nobody is bin sentimental, it's soo obvious that it's not right. Don't play on the wrong of the person that posted story. The constituent of the security council is not justified in terms of geopolitical or sharing formula.

He omitted three names which was wrong, but 16 were northerners. You know there would be bias..

Please try to be logical bro, don't argue blindly or use the wrong of someone else to justify that your own wrong is right

U, be logical! Once d premise is wrong, d whole of d body, is wrong.

What so, difficult to understand abt my stance?

I'm politically aware. In d NASS, FG civil service, d northerners, out number d southerners. Nothing new there, esp, in a northern led govt.

Why can't he just gv d actual composition of council n point out d discrepancies! It's already, tilted wrongly! Presenting d info, as if, no southerner is present, is misleading n fraudulent!

If u don't n can't fathom my stand, don't bother replying! Too much moral decadence! As long as, he's on our side, he can do no wrong Same shit, PMB is being assailed for!

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by zombieHUNTER: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
ashjay001:

The will of one man, is enough!

Try be objective, can 10criminals, plan their criminal operation, in d presence of an honest man? Not to talk of three

The fact, u omitted their names, calls ur intentions, into question! I normally, won't bother, but cheats like u, are no different from them! That u claim to be fighting on d good side, doesnt absolve u of criminal intentangry

Democracy is a game of numbers my friend
Stop being petty

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Democracy is a game of numbers my friend
Stop being petty

D devil, is in d details! In d details.

His allegations, are true n weighty, why compromise it, with half-truths?
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by abbeyty(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
But den say these people no dey go school now, how come most of the names are from the region?
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Dhugal: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
ashjay001:

Awon propagandists! So d VP, Chief of Defence Staff, chief of Naval Staff are not included ba?

No be una fault sha, I if not for d delay, in tackling d herdsmen carnage, d security apparatus of d nation, would av been beyond reproach!

Shitties- decimated

NDA-harrassed n settled out of d creeks

Kidnappers n armed robbers- d police, have been, unrelenting, in their case

Militants n illegal refineries- harassed relentlessly

Herdsmen*

*jury is out

The VP is not a member of the NSC
All statutory members of the NSC are listed in the constitution and the VP is excluded.Same way the President is excluded from the National Economic Council,of which the VP is the chairman.
To topic,we do not have a National Security Council.There's nothing national nor secure about the council,as presently constituted.Anybody defending said composition is sick in the head

3 Likes

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dhugal:

The VP is not a member of the NSC
All statutory members of the NSC are listed in the constitution and the VP is excluded.Same way the President is excluded from the National Economic Council,of which the VP is the chairman.
To topic,we do not have a National Security Council.There's nothing national nor secure about the council,as presently constituted.Anybody defending said composition is sick in the head

Anybody jamtalking unnecessarily, is sick in d head!

Ordinary argument, u must throw insults! Can't u make ur point n throw shades politely

No man, on this earth, alive, has 10% of d knowledge available. D small, fake one u know, person no go rest

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by AK481(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Bluemalam:

That's their stock in trade - lies, deceit and misrepresentation to deceive the gullible, ironically it hardly ever helps their case.

The fact that he deliberately excluded the names of southerners on the security council, rubbishes his attempt at getting the 'justice' he seeks.

General Olonisakin the Chief of Defence Staff that oversees the Army, Navy and Air Force combined must be from Sokoto caliphate right? undecided

Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas that controls the Navy and sits beside Gen. Olonisakin in the Security Council nko?

He who seeks equity, must come with clean hands.
just 2
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Yyeske(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
ashjay001:

The composition is wrong! Even, looking at d last admin, when a southerner was d herd of d council, killings were going on, unabatedly!

My grouse is, not painting d true picture! His intent, no matter how noble, has been compromised!

Do u realise, that's what's wrong with our nation? Op cheated in stating his position, but u see nothing wrong ba? Then he gets into a position of authority n turns round to do d same sh*t, he's complaining of here! At that time, another set of pple, will then be complaining abt him!

U don't compromise ur position, with half-truths or outright mis-information, in ur supposed attempt, to showcase societal illsangry

Personally, once I decode a lie, every other thing u vomit, will be taken with a grain of salt!
I get and with your point, yes we all know the security council is lopsided in favour of the north, he ought to have added the few Southerners there too because there are people who are seeing such list for the first time and would've been deceived into believing the OP and that in itself is a crime.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by selemempe: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
ashjay001:

No be una fault sha, I if not for d delay, in tackling d herdsmen carnage, d security apparatus of d nation, would av been beyond reproach!

Shitties- decimated

Herdsmen*

*jury is out

Also wat u said up there justifies the op. U see that they rush to neutralise any threat from other parts of the country but largely docile to their kinsmen ethnic cleansing of the middle belt
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:

Also wat u said up there justifies the op. U see that they rush to neutralise any threat from other parts of the country but largely docile to their kinsmen ethnic cleansing of the middle belt

Quite right. But, their hands have been forced, to act.

Still waiting for Ramadan, to be over. Then we'll know, if truly, d govt has actually taken steps.

Op, should just state d facts.
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Amba555(f): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2018
Luciferan369:
No wonder there are killings, robbery, SARS molestations, etc everywhere. Their focus is on something else and not national security.
So true
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Amba555(f): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2018
ashjay001:

Quite right. But, their hands have been forced, to act.

Still waiting for Ramadan, to be over. Then we'll know, if truly, d govt has actually taken steps.

Op, should just state d facts.
You are a northerner I guess....you would definitely see everything wrong in that post
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2018
Amba555:

You are a northerner I guess....you would definitely see everything wrong in that post

And, u're a south easterner, I guess. As long as he's biased towards u or he's ur tribesman, he can do no wrongangry

Yet, u're all wondering why PMB, surrounds himself, with his tribesmen, too

I'm a Nigerian!
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Amba555(f): 9:14am On Jun 16, 2018
ashjay001:

And, u're a south easterner, I guess. As long as he's biased towards u or he's ur tribesman, he can do no wrongangry

Yet, u're all wondering why PMB, surrounds himself, with his tribesmen, too

I'm a Nigerian!
Keep deceiving yourself...is this how politics is practiced in developed nations?

Once you get into power surround yourself with just your kinsmen? In a nation with diverse ethnicity.
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2018
Amba555:

Keep deceiving yourself...is this how politics is practiced in developed nations?

Once you get into power surround yourself with just your kinsmen? In a nation with diverse ethnicity.

Ask Trump!

I'm not in support of d composition, as well. That doesn't mean, I should support inaccurate data, pointing out d absurd discrepancies!

We should support op, using corruption to fight corruptionshocked Wtf, can't u all quoting me, see that
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Ovamboland(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
Amba555:
When the National Security Council meets, the following will be in attendance:

1. Muhammadu Buhari (President)

2. Mansur Mohammed Dan Alli (Minister of Defence)

3. Abdulrahman Dambazzau (Minister of Internal Affairs)

4. Lawal Daura (DG-SSS)

5. Ibrahim Magu (Chairman, EFCC)

6. Tukur Buratai (Chief of Army Staff)

7. Sadique Abubakar (Chief of Air Staff)

8. Mohammed Saliu Usman-AVM (Chief of Defence Intelligence)

9. Ibrahim Idris (Inspector-General of Police)

10. Abubakar Malami (Attorney-General)

11. Baba Gana Monguno (National Security Adviser)

12. Ahmed Rufai Ababukar DG NIA)

In what language will they communicate, please?

Do they discuss Nigerian security or Northern Security?

An expanded meeting will have:

13. Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu (Civil Defence)

14. Hamid Ali (Controller-General of Customs)

15. Mohammed Babandede (Comptroller-General of Immigration)

16. Ja'afaru Ahmed (Comptroller-General of Prisons)

Notice anything? They are all from the North, mostly Fulanis.

go and register for voters card this is a wake up

Please share this message to others.

For those who have allowed themselves to be deceived by those whose intent is to cause disaffection by spreading falsehood, this is the position of the Constitution on composition of the National security council:

K – National Security Council

25. The National Security Council shall comprise the following members –

(a) the President who shall be the Chairman;

(b) the Vice-President who shall be the Deputy Chairman;

(c) the Chief of Defence Staff;
(d) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for internal affairs.

(e) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged responsibility for defence;

(f) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for foreign affairs;

(g) the National Security Adviser

(h) the Inspector-General of Police; and

(i) such other persons as the President may in his discretion appoint.

Taking it a step further, please search and put the names of the occupants of the above listed offices and see if it looks like the fake list they sent to you and you probably shared to others.
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Ovamboland(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Why do we have so many Nigerians fanning the embers of hatred and disaffection by creating false news and so many willing to swallow the falsehood hook, line and sinker?
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by aribisala0(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
ashjay001:

Shitties- decimated

Herdsmen*

*jury is out

Let us not deceive ourselves

Let u face the truth
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by aribisala0(m): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ovamboland:

For those who have allowed themselves to be deceived by those whose intent is to cause disaffection by spreading falsehood, this is the position of the Constitution on composition of the National security council:

K – National Security Council

25. The National Security Council shall comprise the following members –

(a) the President who shall be the Chairman;

(b) the Vice-President who shall be the Deputy Chairman;

(c) the Chief of Defence Staff;
(d) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for internal affairs.

(e) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged responsibility for defence;

(f) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for foreign affairs;

(g) the National Security Adviser

(h) the Inspector-General of Police; and

(i) such other persons as the President may in his discretion appoint.

Taking it a step further, please search and put the names of the occupants of the above listed offices and see if it looks like the fake list they sent to you and you probably shared to others.

It does not look much different.
At any rate those in the council who have executive power i.e the authority and control over troops or armed personnel are ALL MORTHERN and almost all if not all Fulani.
If we want to be kind to Buhari we would say he has been thoughtless and insensitive.

In reality I do not think Buhari alone is making these decisions those who are involved appear to be contemptuous of the rest of us.

There are some things we cannot ignore.

The comment that "what do you expect them to do when you block their route"
The comment from Buratai and Mansour that the antii-grazing law should be scrapped
The comment that Governor Ortom is a rowning man from the police.

Nigeria is too complex to do stuff like this

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by ashjay001(m): 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
aribisala0:

Let us not deceive ourselves

Let u face the truth

Point out, any lie, up there?
Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Splashme: 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
MikeBetty:
Very Inciting. The More They Are Conspiring Against Other Tribes The More Security In The North Become Worst. Maybe Their Gathering Is How To Milk Nigeria Dry Through Security Funding.

Buhari is Nigeria's worst President since I was born

1 Like

Re: This Is How National Security Council Looks Like by Ziggylady(f): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
ElsonMorali:
The only solution to all these is the dismemberment of Nigeria into its component parts.

Nigeria will always be bogged down by primal ethnic and religious sentiments.

Story don change embarassed...i laugh in APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SERAP Drags FG To Ecowas Court Over NBC Broadcasting Code / Shocking Polling Unit Results From Rivers State (Photos) / Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.