Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Help Needed On U.s Citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Needed On U.s Citizenship (1075 Views)

Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / Americans Renouncing Their U.S. Citizenship Due To High Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by lysh4md: 4:10am On Jun 03, 2010
PLEASE,  NIGERIANS,  I NEED A GOOD ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION AND NEED ONLY ANSWERS OF THOSE IN THE TRAVELING GAME,

BECAUSE HAVE NOTICED SOME PEOPLE JUST ANSWER WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF A PATICULAR TOPIC,

I'M CURRENTLY IN THE U.S AND NEED TO KNOW WAY HOW I CAN GET A PERMANENT RESIDENT,  BEFORE PLANING. TO GET THE PASSPORT,

ALL OF US NO AS NAIJA BE,  I CAME DOWN HERE WITH STUDENT VISA BUT NOT IN SCHOOL AND NOW I NEED TO CHANGE MY STATUS, 

PLEASE HELP OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by lysh4md: 4:12am On Jun 03, 2010
AWAITING REPLIES OOOO, ABEG
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by stkris(m): 4:26am On Jun 03, 2010
best advice u'll ever get : GO BACK AND RE-ENROLL IN COLLEGE before it gets too late for u.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by johnkent(m): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2010
st-kris:

best advice u'll ever get : GO BACK AND RE-ENROLL IN COLLEGE before it gets too late for u.
good advise. If you can't, then figure out how to get a ticket back to nigeria before it becomes late.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by aroy1: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ Poster

Based on your grammar, the consular officer that issued your visa should be SACKED.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by omega25red(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
aroy1:

@ Poster

Based on your grammar, the consular officer that issued your visa should be SACKED.
grin grin grin grin

Poster

well if you are here in the u.s you already know how tough immigration is and how the laws are rapidly changing. Like some other folks already said get back in school and maybe if you graduate you can find a good company that would be willing to sponsor your legal status due to your exceptional work and attitude. Thats all i can think of because almost everything else would probably be illegal.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by JeSoul(f): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
omega25red:

grin grin grin grin

Poster

well if you are here in the u.s you already know how tough immigration is and how the laws are rapidly changing. Like some other folks already said get back in school and maybe if you graduate you can find a good company that would be willing to sponsor your legal status due to your exceptional work and attitude. Thats all i can think of because almost everything else would probably be illegal.
Lol, that's what he wants now. Did you not see this part of his post:

lysh4md:

PLEASE,  NIGERIANS,  I NEED A GOOD ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION AND NEED ONLY ANSWERS OF THOSE IN THE TRAVELING GAME,

BECAUSE HAVE NOTICED SOME PEOPLE JUST ANSWER WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF A PATICULAR TOPIC,

I'M CURRENTLY IN THE U.S AND NEED TO KNOW WAY HOW I CAN GET A PERMANENT RESIDENT,  BEFORE PLANING. TO GET THE PASSPORT,

ALL OF US NO AS NAIJA BE,  I CAME DOWN HERE WITH STUDENT VISA BUT NOT IN SCHOOL AND NOW I NEED TO CHANGE MY STATUS, 

PLEASE HELP OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by oyewolejos(m): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Poster.I wont hide anything for u at this point.The only solution is that u get married to a US citizen as soon as possible.Since u have your I-94 with you, a US citizen can file for you to become a Permanent Resident.I know previous contributors are trying to shy away from this.There is no way u can go back to the school without first going to Nigerian then re-enter which is a mission impossible cos anytime u decide to go back to 9ja and try to re-enter they will definitely deny u entry cos of your previous immigration history.Though my advice might sound criminal but that just the way around it.People might castigate me for this advice but he who hasn't sin should cast the first stone.I cant put on the Holier than thou attitude.

Just my honest opinion.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by johnkent(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
oyewolejos:

@Poster.I wont hide anything for u at this point.The only solution is that u get married to a US citizen as soon as possible.Since u have your I-94 with you, a US citizen can file for you to become a Permanent Resident.I know previous contributors are trying to shy away from this.There is no way u can go back to the school without first going to Nigerian then re-enter which is a mission impossible cos anytime u decide to go back to 9ja and try to re-enter they will definitely deny u entry cos of your previous immigration history.Though my advice might sound criminal but that just the way around it.People might castigate me for this advice but he who hasn't sin should cast the first stone.I cant put on the Holier than thou attitude.

Just my honest opinion.
haha. Am not an advocate of marriage for convenience.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by Pittbaby(f): 1:03am On Jun 04, 2010
be ready to be your spouse's b**ch for two to three years (conditional period ). Unless you actually marry for love
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by oyewolejos(m): 3:14am On Jun 04, 2010
Pittbaby:

be ready to be your spouse's b**ch for two to three years (conditional period ). Unless you actually marry for love
There are some people who u marry for love but treat u like a biiiitch for your whole life.
So is a food for thought.
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 04, 2010
oyewole u are SPOT ON!!!!!
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by Mudley313: 9:25am On Jun 04, 2010

Just my honest opinion.

best/only advice/option. nor mind all these nigerians in america crab-in-the-bucket mentally of those wen don too stay obodo-Igbo. not everyone is privileged like y'all. guy do your thing jare; up your toasting game and cramp your kpali
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by dancewith: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2010
oyewolejos:

Just my honest opinion.

This seems the only way out. But be careful who you chose
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by autoalive(m): 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
what people will do
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by Pittbaby(f): 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2010
There are some people who u marry for love but treat u like a biiiitch for your whole life.
So is a food for thought.

the difference is that at least you love them dont mind having kids with them , sleeping with them and forking over a major part of your salary all in the hope that the person will validate the relationship at the end of the conditional period . Thats the part you dont hear about marriage for visa . but if you are in the position where u need to marry for visa u probably will endure anything .

my point is it works best when the person loves you ( and you are able to demonstrate that you love them back , because you definately dont want an angry lover during this process) or a good friend doing you a favor. Arrangee with strangers can go sour very fast and block future legitimate chances
Re: Help Needed On U.s Citizenship by shilling(f): 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
I won't say you should go back to school cos I don't know why you left in the first place. I know so many Nigerian students in my uni that quit not cos they wanted to, but cos they couldn't afford it.

So, either u marry an American woman by pretending that you love her - that is seriously wrong imo. I know some people pay a woman to marry them and then apply for perm. res and then divorce. Many African American women do that, but they usually charge like crazy. Those are your only 2 options.

For some reason, I'm guessing you're in Utah, Maryland, Denver, lol. I know so many who have joined their "brothers" there wink

(1) (Reply)

Relaxation In Lagos ASAP / Japan, China And India Which One Is Good To Study Inside / Visiting Germany For A Short Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.