Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:38 PM

Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death (964 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / When Envy Strikes: How To Put Jealousy To Good Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by olafolarin(m): 6:32am On Jun 03, 2010
“Love is wicked,” so sang two American musicians, Brick and Lace, in one of their releases. Another female musician also described love as a dangerous game.

And this is exactly how to describe the way a woman in Lagos, who allegedly killed her husband recently for mere suspicion and jealousy. Ironically, she claimed loving him.

The suspect, Ifunanya Marcus from Umuahia, Abia State, allegedly stabbed her husband, Princewill Chukwu, in the stomach and his intestines gushed out. The incident occurred on May 27, 2010. He was said to have been rushed to the hospital, where he died two days after.

The woman suspected that his husband was having an affairs with his sales girl. But Ifunanya, 25, told Daily Sun she had known no peace since she met her husband in Delta State in 2003, especially, since they relocated to Lagos.
She said her husband had the habit of beating her, to the extent that she would end up in hospital. The suspect claimed that the scars on her body were as a result of torture by her late husband.
She also narrated how Chukwu flung her personal effects out of the house for failing to come back from the church on time. She claimed he did not pay any dowry before they started living together, adding, however that their union did not produce any child.

“I came back from the church that evening and he asked me where I was coming from. He asked me to go back to where I was coming from. The next thing he did was to throw my personal effects out of the room. He usually beat and injured me. I normally take drip, after each torture. He would later beg me to forgive him and brought back my property. I love him so much.

“He has not paid my dowry. My mother, sisters and other family members had advised me to leave Prince but I refused. Is it a crime to be in love? Now, see where my own love has landed me. I’ve brought shame to my family and my husband’s family. After I stabbed him, I prayed that he survived. I prayed to die, instead of him dying. I dreamt in the cell where someone died, I didn’t know it was my husband.”
“Please, beg my mother and sisters for me. I brought shame to them. What I want you people to do for me is to bury my husband for me. You can hang me. I’m not afraid of death anymore. I dropped out from primary four. God knows I loved my husband so much,” she lamented.

The suspect, who got to knew about her husband’s death in the office of Lagos State police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba, fainted but was revived by a police doctor. She explained that she never meant to kill him. “I did not mean to kill him. I was only using the knife to threaten him. I don’t know what came over me before I stabbed him.

I was only narrating a story to his sales girl, Chikodi. He came back and was knocking on her door. I had to pass through the other door, to the kitchen because I was in Chikodi’s room. I hid in the kitchen. Later, I heard her telling him to stop touching her, that his wife was around. I noticed he was romancing her. I asked him whether that was what they had been doing and he threw my property outside. I picked the kitchen knife and stabbed him. I never knew it would result in his death,” she wept.

Chikodi, however, denied knowledge of the remote cause of Ifunanya stabbing her husband to death. “I’m a sales girl to Princewill. We sell bags and clothes at Badagry market. His wife asked me to come home for a discussion with her.

She told me she had problems with Chukwu and transferred her property to my room. She told me she had been having problems with him since they married in 2003. “Unknown to us, her husband was around and he began to angrily knock on the door. He ordered me to open the door or he would break it. His wife had to use the other door to the kitchen and hid there. I was begging him as he was shouting.

“His wife later came out from the kitchen and slapped him two times. He wanted to push me, I held and begged him not to beat her. I looked back and saw the wife holding a knife, trying to stab him,” Chikodi said.

She said she later collected the knife from her and threw it away. “And she ran inside the kitchen again and took another knife. Princewill pushed me and I fell. His wife stabbed him in the stomach and he fell. I came out and raised the alarm.”

“We took him to hospital in Badagry and they referred us to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba His intestines came out, and we had to push them in with clothes, till we got to the hospital. He died at LUTH,” she said.

Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by olafolarin(m): 6:33am On Jun 03, 2010
Tragic,
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by queeneve: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2010
Let this be a warning to you cheating men,

What goes around, comes back around,
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 03, 2010
queeneve:

So, a cheating man deserves to be killed? You're not advocating murder, are you?
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by chiozor: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2010
queeneve:

what if the reverse becomes the case here, will you advocate the man killing the woman
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2010
^^^ Good question.
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by queeneve: 8:02am On Jun 03, 2010
First of all, I never said I advocated a gotdamn thing,

Second of all, I said let that be a warning to you cheating sommabishes,

Third of all, If the shoe fits, wear it!
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by daylae(m): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2010
@queeneve 'cheating men' my foot! It was not proven whether he cheated on his wife or not;think is more of the frequent abuse the woman suffered from him.

That's why you should never hold a weapon when you're angry,cus you'll never know what you're capable of doing with it when furious.
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by chiozor: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2010
this is 50-50% in all cases to men and women
when it is woman; it is emotional, there will be a reason for that, the man deny her sex,cannot satisfy her, did not give her money and all that baldrash reasons
when it is man; kill am, catch am, die,
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by 190: 9:28am On Jun 03, 2010
I think i know the woman

she looks like one certain Queeneve!
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by Outstrip(f): 7:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
Queeneve please abeg. The man was obviously going to beat the crap out of her at the very least. She might be able to argue self defense
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by chiogo(f): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hmm, so sad!!

She coulda divorced him all the while he was allegedly abusing her physically. Now, she's gonna die in prison.
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by mamagee3(f): 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
Quite a sad story!

But she should have sought for divorce instead of taking the law into her hands.

Divorce is sooooo much better than murder.

Now, she would live to pay for it!
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2010
@post
there is a thin line between love and insanity, that  woman just proved to that fact, one more time.
lock her up for a few yrs!
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by queeneve: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
*gently placing hands around 190's neck*
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by rickie4us(m): 5:36am On Jun 05, 2010
queeneve:

*gently placing hands around 190's neck*

hey, what are you doing? committing murder or just some kind of romance?
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by jokingmary(m): 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
How could this handsome woman do this?
Re: Jealousy: Wife Stabs Husband To Death by Osama10(m): 2:31am On Jun 11, 2010
Why pick up a knife in the first place?

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Dad's Room Be Different From Mom's? / M / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.