Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria (3106 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigerian Youths Must Oppose Those Messing Up Their Future / There Seem to Be A Secret Genocide Going On In Igboland, Can Igbos Meet In Imo? / Kano Igbos Meet Ganduje, Reject Call For Relocation Of Fulani From South (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Easzy96(m): 4:43am On Jun 16, 2018
Ndigbo in the diaspora have resolved to use its upcoming World Igbo Congress ( WIC ) Convention which is to hold in Nashville , Tennessee , United States of American ( USA ) from August 30 th to September 3 rd to determine which way forward for Igbos come 2019 .
Chairman , Board of Directors of the Apex board around the world , Anthony Ejiofor told The Guardian that the convention for 2018 is all about providing solutions to the clear and present danger they face in Nigeria , preserving lives and designing the future of Igbo land . The convention will serve as platform for sober reflection on the tragedy of the Igbo Nation and an articulation on the way forward , considering the looming political suicide where Nigeria ’s structural tripod may exist without Ndigbo in contemplation .
According to the Public Relation Officer ( PRO ) , WIC, Basil Onwukwe, the trend of events in Nigeria has been a cause for concern with series of mass killings while the executive and legislatures are threatening each other for political expediency. “We preferred this year ’s theme to be ‘Ka anyi chekwaa alaigbo ’, which means that Igbo land needs to be protected because our government is not doing enough to save lives and properties .”

Source: https://9jalife.com.ng/igbos-meet-in-the-u-s-to-determine-their-future-in-nigeria/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 4:46am On Jun 16, 2018
Hmmm undecided
Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 4:55am On Jun 16, 2018
highly commendable.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by MikeBetty(m): 5:15am On Jun 16, 2018
If Rochas Or Other Igbo APC Members Comes Close To The Venue, Please Deny Them Access. They Have No Business Being There. We Dont Need Selfish And Visionless Fellows Who Will Go There To Polarise It With Party Politics. Also It For It To Succeed, It Must Remain Appolitical. I AM ALWAYS PROUD OF "THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN." More Love To "THE EAST"

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Anigreat: 5:46am On Jun 16, 2018
shocked

Good one my people.

But see how Nigerians will unite today because of football cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by OneCorner: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Trump finally grant us meeting with him.
Afonjas are angry now angry
Trump want to give us fighter jet and armored tank. God catch buhari grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2018
[s]
OneCorner:
[/s]
why you lots are always afraid of Igbo gathering is what I don't understand.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:
highly commendable.
I will make sure I attend

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2018
EVILFOREST:
I will make sure I attend
that will be great.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Ganiyat72(f): 7:28am On Jun 16, 2018
Very commendable from great Igbo tribe. When will we yoruba tribe realise that nigeria is not working and start charting our own course for a new nation where our children future will be protected?.

How i wish we were not religiously divided in yoruba land, we would hav been speaking with thesame voice like the great Igbo nation who are homogeneous ethnicaly and religiously.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Ganiyat72(f): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:
[s][/s]
why you lots are always afraid of Igbo gathering is what I don't understand.

We omoluabi's are suffering from Igbo phobia, so don't blame us undecided grin cool tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Notasyouthink: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2018
OneCorner:
Kikikikik.. This one don dey shiit for in dirty boxers already grin grin grin to be an Afonja no easy o!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by ozowarac: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2018
Biafra or Nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2018
Ganiyat72:

We omoluabi's are suffering from Igbo phobia, so don't blame us undecided grin cool tongue
grin

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2018
MikeBetty:
If Rochas Or Other Igbo APC Members Comes Close To The Venue, Please Deny Them Access. They Have No Business Being There. We Dont Need Selfish And Visionless Fellows Who Will Go There To Polarise It With Party Politics. Also It For It To Succeed, It Must Remain Appolitical. I AM ALWAYS PROUD OF "THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN." More Love To "THE EAST"
This is exactly what would make the meeting not to be a success, I'm not a fan of Okorocha but that doesn't mean he and others can't have an opinion in things concerning the Igbo nation.
Most of you should learn what it means to accommodate others opinion because you can't be always right yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by AlPeter: 7:50am On Jun 16, 2018
Wow. Great commendable effort by the ibos this is why they're number one in Nigeria. after this meeting I am sure they will come back carry there states for head back to US to join the US since Israel as rejected them I am sure Trump might even send some F16s to help with the moving. lol this people funny die

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Kokolet11: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2018
MikeBetty:
but obiano and umahi can come abi?your type is the reason i wont care about anything that happen in igboland.you guys hate rochas because he join apc but like obiano and umahi.ndiara

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Cyynthialove(f): 8:03am On Jun 16, 2018
Ganiyat72:
Very commendable from great Igbo tribe. When will we yoruba tribe realise that nigeria is not working and starting charting our own course for a new nation where our children future will be protected?.

How i wish we were not religiously divided in yoruba land, we would hav been speaking with thesame voice like the great Igbo nation who are homogeneous ethnically and religiously.
No matter how Yooruba Musliims struggle to sabotage our struggle, we must continue..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2018
If Nnamdi Kanu is not coming then am not coming

Please, please,please don't beg me.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by muykem: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2018
When will Biafra participate in world cup.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by MikeBetty(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2018
Yyeske:
This is exactly what would make the meeting not to be a success, I'm not a fan of Okorocha but that doesn't mean he and others can't have an opinion in things concerning the Igbo nation.
Most of you should learn what it means to accommodate others opinion because you can't be always right yourself.
Neither Am I Against Him. I Only Dislike Undue Political Influence That Will Derail The Purpose Of The Convention. He Is Known By His Antics Of Distabilize Any Arrangement Reached That Is Not At His Selfish Advantage. If His Going There Is Geniuely To Discuss The Well Being Of Igbos Without Politicizing It, He Is Welcomed.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by MikeBetty(m): 8:42am On Jun 16, 2018
Kokolet11:
but obiano and umahi can come abi?your type is the reason i wont care about anything that happen in igboland.you guys hate rochas because he join apc but like obiano and umahi.ndiara
yes, He Should Concentrate All His Energy To Settle With His Kinsmen In Imo Apc And Southeast Apc.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Kokolet11: 8:47am On Jun 16, 2018
MikeBetty:
yes, He Should Concentrate All His Energy To Settle With His Kinsmen In Imo Apc And Southeast Apc.
ok but obiano and umahi has the right to stop biafrans from remembring the people that die during the war?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2018
what kind of gathering is this. . .is it the first time we have be hearing of such gatherings. . .now its even in abroad. . .please am an igbo man..let know one determine my stay or future for me in a far away land. . .if you people are serious, come back home let discuss it..finish

1 Like

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Ganiyat72(f): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2018
AlPeter:
Wow. Great commendable effort by the ibos this is why they're number one in Nigeria. after this meeting I am sure they will come back carry there states for head back to US to join the US since Israel as rejected them I am sure Trump might even send some F16s to help with the moving. lol this people funny die

grin cool
My fellow yoruba muslim brother this meeting by great Igbo tribe pain us no bi small, but dont drink otapipia like pa Awo did.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Ganiyat72(f): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
what kind of gathering is this. . .is it the first time we have be hearing of such gatherings. . .now its even in abroad. . .please am an igbo man..let know one determine my stay or future for me in a far away land. . .if you people are serious, come back home let discuss it..finish
cool cool

Asala maleku bro, how's is munirat?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 9:05am On Jun 16, 2018
MikeBetty:
Neither Am I Against Him. I Only Dislike Undue Political Influence That Will Derail The Purpose Of The Convention. He Is Known By His Antics Of Distabilize Any Arrangement Reached That Is Not At His Selfish Advantage. If His Going There Is Geniuely To Discuss The Well Being Of Igbos Without Politicizing It, He Is Welcomed.
Have you heard him out before making your assertion?
Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by GavelSlam: 9:29am On Jun 16, 2018
It was at a congress like this the Nnamdi Kanu made a request for the purchase of arms much to the chagrin of older diasporans.

Any discussion on Igbo's positiin in Nigeria today would be a direct fall out from the particular event.
Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by MikeBetty(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2018
Kokolet11:
ok but obiano and umahi has the right to stop biafrans from remembring the people that die during the war?
As A Governor, Did U Expect Them Back Them?
Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by reality1010: 10:51am On Jun 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
It was at a congress like this the Nnamdi Kanu made a request for the purchase of arms much to the chagrin of older diasporans.

Any discussion on Igbo's positiin in Nigeria today would be a direct fall out from the particular event.
It s a welcomed development.Nothing says it should be held in Nigeria.Anytin done in Nigeria will be influenced by d politics of d day.So USA is a better place.Also d meeting shud focus on protecting AlaIgbo and building back our old project oriented mentality.All secondary technical schoools shud be equiped with facilities.More of d schools shud be established.Also Igbos in diaspora must assist every igboman and woman with a venture or skills.Those in prisons must be assisted as brothers.Igbos shud design its educational curriculum.Igbo villages and communities must be d basis of our development with constant light.D students in d technical schools shud be able to develop cheap solar system for industrialization.They shud be assessed educationally on it as well as other electronic gadget.We need Ummuna educational curriculum.We v all these on ground,all we need is to revival them.Long live Igbo.Long live Ummuna.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Meet In The U.S. To Determine Their Future In Nigeria by mpianya39(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Nwachineke cool cool cool

Biafra must come cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu At RCCG Convetion / President Buhari Fires Back At Trump, Says ‘I Am Not Lifeless’ / Photos Of Bukola Saraki And Other Party Delegates Protesting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.