Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment (27455 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Oyetboy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
maberry:
Finally... Shut her up already
"He who talks too much Cannot talk well"
This Chimamanda of a lady is beginning to talk too much

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by agog: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Donald3d:
Gbam !
People need to understand what true feminism is
Here is my letter to so called feminists :

Ladies and Women, please be guided.
Feminism isn't a battle against men.
It isn't about labelling one gender good/evil or mediocre/superior

Personally, I am a feminist, yup ! and I am a guy !
Feminism doesn't mean you shouldn't carry out certain roles and duties, which you should.

It shouldn't make you rude and uncultured all in the name of being "strong"

Back to the issue of roles, God has made you the female folks-mothers, and there is nothing we can do about it, he gave you breasts, a womb and a passage for babies for a REASON.So, because of all these, a natural responsibilty has been placed on you as a home maker .Roles ! Duties !

Don't let your fight for equality get in the way of your duty.You have to understand that you can't get equality in everything.You have to also understand that there are so many ways you as women are even more superior than men.For example, pain threshold, did you know that women can withstand more pain than men ?, there are so many physical,emotional and pshycological facts I can pull out.

Feminism means, a man should not be given a upper hand in a job/work place etc, because he is a man !, if he is selected, it should be because he is qualified/capable

Heck ! feminism also means you as a woman should'nt be given preference because you are loaded with gigantic mulele in front of you and behind you !.Yes I am a feminist and I would feel cheated as a guy if you are chosen over me because of that, if I am more qualified than you are !.This is true feminism

Moving on, feminism also means when we go out for dinner, I don't have to pay all the time , because "I am a man", you should pay sometimes too !.I should only have to pay ALL THE TIME, if you don't have money, or I choose to, or you don't have a job.Heck !, why don't you have a job !, why don't you have a skill ! !, you are a feminist remember !.Do something with your hands and don't be a liabilty, being a liabilty only makes you an hypocrite and you are not practicing true feminism .!

Having said that, marriage is a little different, men o men !!, your wives are are human beings too, help them out with the kids when they are tired, they are bone and flesh too and they get tired !.Help her cook sometimes.But don't over do it, else you might be turned into a footstool.Respect her and appreciate her efforts, even if its her duty !.She is an helper, not a slave !.You didn't buy her, you married her ! and she married you !.Hence you are partners !

Buy gifts occasionally , celebrate her, make her feel on top of the world , even if its her duty !.

Women, respect your husbands, commend him as well, help him out when he is broke even if "he is the man of the house, and its his responsbility", even if he isn't broke, attempt to shoulder some financial responsibilities sometimes.You are partners !.Appreciate him.Don't just f**king brag about it like most of you do, when you help out financially.

Remember, wisdom is the principal thing, knowledge is light, and love is life.Combine these well and you would be happy

Donald- A fellow feminist.

Let me use this opportunity to tell you about a training I am conducting for those who want to learn how to MAKE MONEY from their BLOGS
I have an ungoing training to help you boost your blog(for those into blogging) and make Money with it easily, if you have been trying and failing at blogging, this training is for you .Check out the link below .There are limited FREE slots available
https://www.nairaland.com/4549363/blogging-everything-single-thing-need

well summed up
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by lexy2014: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
majekdom2:
Women in Africa are going through a lot of struggles. Many are living in poverty and not educated. It amaze me how few educated one will see feminism in Africa as a gender fight and some equality rights. There are loads of hinderance to the feminism cause in Africa, these have to be tackled first.
are African men not going thru struggles? Are African men rich and comfortable? Are there no uneducated African men? Even those that are educated, what is their standard of living?

5 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Daeylar(f): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Bluezy13:
Finally, someone to talk sense into her!

She was given an inch, she thinks taking a mile is best for her, not knowing the number of people standing on the table she was shaking.

Good thing it's coming from a female...
An American at that.

*Modified...

Video of her making the comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRax4jxOBJ0

She doesn't need anyone to talk sense into her, she is not a child neither is she an idiot, that sounds so condescending m

Neither was she given any inch talk more of any mile, she made the way for herself and the world heard her.

just say you want her brought down because you hate that a woman is standing up for herself and challenging majority of the beliefs holding women back in the world and you don't like that.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by ariesbull: 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Donald3d:
Gbam !

Feminism doesn't mean you shouldn't carry out certain roles and duties, which you should.

Back to the issue of roles, God has made you the female folks-mothers, and there is nothing we can do about it, he gave you breasts, a womb and a passage for babies for a REASON.So, because of all these, a natural responsibilty has been placed on you as a home maker .Roles ! Duties !

Don't let your fight for equality get in the way of your duty.You have to understand that you can't get equality in everything.You have to also understand that there are so many ways you as women are even more superior than men.For example, pain threshold, did you know that women can withstand more pain than men ?, there are so many physical,emotional and pshycological facts I can pull out.

Feminism means, a man should not be given a upper hand in a job/work place etc, because he is a man !, if he is selected, it should be because he is qualified/capable

Heck ! feminism also means you as a woman should'nt be given preference because you are loaded with gigantic mulele in front of you and behind you !.Yes I am a feminist and I would feel cheated as a guy if you are chosen over me because of that, if I am more qualified than you are !.This is true feminism

Moving on, feminism also means when we go out for dinner, I don't have to pay all the time , because "I am a man", you should pay sometimes too !.I should only have to pay ALL THE TIME, if you don't have money, or I choose to, or you don't have a job.Heck !, why don't you have a job !, why don't you have a skill ! !, you are a feminist remember !.Do something with your hands and don't be a liabilty, being a liabilty only makes you an hypocrite and you are not practicing true feminism .!

Having said that, marriage is a little different, men o men !!, your wives are are human beings too, help them out with the kids when they are tired, they are bone and flesh too and they get tired !.Help her cook sometimes.But don't over do it, else you might be turned into a footstool.Respect her and appreciate her efforts, even if its her duty !.She is an helper, not a slave !.You didn't buy her, you married her ! and she married you !.Hence you are partners !

Buy gifts occasionally , celebrate her, make her feel on top of the world , even if its her duty !.

Women, respect your husbands, commend him as well, help him out when he is broke even if "he is the man of the house, and its his responsbility", even if he isn't broke, attempt to shoulder some financial responsibilities sometimes.You are partners !.Appreciate him.Don't just f**king brag about it like most of you do, when you help out financially.

Remember, wisdom is the principal thing, knowledge is light, and love is life.Combine these well and you would be happy

Let me use this opportunity to tell you about a training I am conducting for those who want to learn how to MAKE MONEY from their BLOGS
I have an ungoing training to help you boost your blog(for those into blogging) and make Money with it easily, if you have been trying and failing at blogging, this training is for you .Check out the link below .There are limited FREE slots available

I love u
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Abdullahi4u7(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Apart from being able to speak and right good English, Chimamanda Adichie knows nothing else.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by lexy2014: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
majekdom2:
why don’t you research well before you make post. The problem with women inAfrica is same with men... poverty and lack of basic infrastructures to make for a good living. How many girls are in school in the north, how many northerners are in school? Tackle poverty, women rights and then gender equality. It’s a sad situation because we can only tackle poverty ourselves unfortunately we are not ready. Forget any sugar talks of nations and communities saying they are helping you tackle poverty. Nations don’t develop with grants... have you seen any? Tell me one. Is it not someone who has money that buys a car, who will fight for women being able to drive in Saudi if not that the women are doing well to buy cars. They tackled poverty... they are a rich nation. Feminism, gender equality or whatever is a cause to be advocated last in a nation associated with poverty!
to make it more simpler, once theres good governance, people will have better access to resources and opportunities thereby reducing poverty. Making poverty a gender issue clearly shows ignorance. Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Daeylar(f): 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
MrLouisVanGaal1:
Put her in her place.. There are better issues to champion with regards to being a woman in Africa than trying to sow some devlish western feminist ideas to some confused women who are looking for educated but not smart people to champion their cause such as this woman.

Put her in her place??

Wow Wow wow grin

This is one of the reasons why she speaks so much about feminism, because deluded people think they can limit her ( and women) and tell her( and women ) what they can and cannot do and what they can and cannot talk about. cheesy

As evidenced by your post where you want to "put her in her place" and tell her the issues she should champion or not. grin

3 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by oxygenlove(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Before you start hating on Chimaamanda, you have to hate on yourself first. Must you side the woman because she attacked CNA?
Okay, check this out...

- She said that female genital mutilation is predominant in Nigeria, how many people still practice that today? How did she confirm it?
- Must it be Adichie that will attack the female genital mutilation? Can't you do that or is your only life on NL? When will you get small sense to know that someone else is speaking her opinion and you are entitled to yours?

Seriously the hate is getting out of hand and she is going higher. The more you hate, the more she meets presidents!

From a loyal fan...
wetin kon concern me, na ur own bdat na
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by 4Play(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Daeylar:

Put her in her place??

Wow Wow wow grin

This is one of the reasons why she speaks so much about feminism, because deluded people think they can limit her ( and women) and tell her( and women ) what they can and cannot do and what they can and cannot talk about. cheesy

As evidenced by your post where you want to "put her in her place" and tell her the issues she should champion or not. grin

In their haste to indulge in their rabid irrational anti-Chimamanda tirade, they have taken the side of an American right-wing commenter denigrating Nigeria. These people are hilarious!

3 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by magicminister: 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
resurgent2019:

Which our own? Does she identify with Nigerians?

They should hammer her well and possibly deport her sef. I know CSTR or whatever will quote me. I no send you ooo.

The NRA should send her back to igboland. Her igbo tribe is under the jackboots of Yorubas and Hausas in Nigeria and she has the guts to tell Americans what to do in their own country.

Chimamanda is reps Naija so much it’s retaaaarded. I remember the time she literally made a French journalist look like a fool for asking her question like “do you have water in Nigeria”. Not sure if it’s the exact question but something dumb like that.

Chimamanda wrote a whole book about Nigeria and her culture. A book that won the Pulitzer Prize.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Bluezy13(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
Daeylar:

She doesn't need anyone to talk sense into her, she is not a child neither is she an idiot, that sounds so condescending m

Neither was she given any inch talk more of any mile, she made the way for herself and the world heard her.

just say you want her brought down because you hate that a woman is standing up for herself and challenging majority of the beliefs holding women back in the world and you don't like that.

Tell that to Dana Loesch, a fellow woman who opposed her publicly.

Definitely not me.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by sonnie10: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
I said exactly the same thing here on NL on a different topic about a year ago but it didn't make headlines.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by openmine(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
She can as well ask God why women should be the only ones to get pregnant....smh angry
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Get out of your comfort zone and learn something new, there is no hate here just your ignorance on display.

TalkTalkTwins:
Before you start hating on Chimaamanda, you have to hate on yourself first. Must you side the woman because she attacked CNA?
Okay, check this out...

- She said that female genital mutilation is predominant in Nigeria, how many people still practice that today? How did she confirm it?
- Must it be Adichie that will attack the female genital mutilation? Can't you do that or is your only life on NL? When will you get small sense to know that someone else is speaking her opinion and you are entitled to yours?

Seriously the hate is getting out of hand and she is going higher. The more you hate, the more she meets presidents!

From a loyal fan...

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by ajl: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chimamanda come across as a brilliant but naive individual with no street mentality. She ought to know that she is not in a good position to play that game with hypocritical Westerners. When you are going too far in their eyes they start by letting you know that "you literally don't belong here". I am talking from experience.

She need not fool herself. Africans did not invent feminism or cronyism. If our people are playing around with these, they only adopted it. She ought to leave them to play their game. Yes, she ought to focus more on issues that has more value to her own people.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by MajesticD(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Okay, check this out...

From a loyal fan...

Oh gawd...someone finally made some sense.
Chimamanda gave her personal opinion of a situation, of which she is very much entitled to, she never implied directly or indirectly that it should be a standard for the world to follow, but even more importantly she never insulted anybody by having a varied percept from the popular which i think is a quality of a truly educated and civilised person.
Now compare that with the response of so called American, go as far as bringing female genital mutilation IN HER COUNTRY to the discuss.
There is nothing wrong in pointing out areas a person feels feminist ought to champion and of course that's still a matter of personal opinion, but doing so in manner that implicitly or explicitly insults a country is a show of bitterness and classlessness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
4Play:

In their haste to indulge in their rabid irrational anti-Chimamanda tirade, they have taken the side of an American right-wing commenter denigrating Nigeria. These people are hilarious!
will you blame them/us?; when Chimamanda has declared us all to be idiots, why would anyone expect her to get defended. grin grin
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by ajl: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
MajesticD:

Chimamanda gave her personal opinion of a situation, of which she is very much entitled to, she never implied directly or indirectly that it should be a standard for the world to follow, but even more importantly she never insulted anybody by having a varied percept from the popular which i think is a quality of a truly educated and civilised person.
Now compare that with the response of so called American, go as far as bringing female genital mutilation IN HER COUNTRY to the discuss.
There is nothing wrong in pointing out areas a person feels feminist ought to champion and of course that's still a matter of personal opinion, but doing so in manner that implicitly or explicitly insults a country is a show of bitterness and classlessness.

I don't think you have a clue the message she is passing across to Chimamanda. It's like saying "go back home to deal with your own issues, this is our issue. Not yours." And the American woman is right.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by udemzyudex(m): 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
With the way CNN depicts Nigeria, is that really what Nigeria is? Tell yourself the truth. grin You just don't like Chimamanda so your reason for supporting whoever shuts her up even when the said person isn't being objective enough.

Don't jump into conclusion, what makes you think I don't like her, did I say anything wrong about her?

What I'm trying to let you know is that, you don't have to reside in a country for you to know what's going on there.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by VULCAN(m): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
Her PR people won't agree to that because that will not get her interviews or media coverage.

JupiterGeekVII:
But Loesch is right. Adichie should be using her fame to bring light to the numerous issues affecting little girls and women in Nigeria.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by VULCAN(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chimamanda is focusing on matters that will make her a feminist star in the US. That you haven't discerned this is your fault.

If you stopped an American on the street 3 yrs ago, showed them her picture and asked them who she was-nobody would know. The ONLY reason why she is known to Nigerians is because she is one of us. The US has many female writers more accomplished then Chimamanda so she decided to focus on what could boost her popularity. She has succeeded.

CSTR1003:

Issues on equal rights for women does not hold water?

You are not the one to tell her what cause should appeal to her.

If she is not doing it to your satisfaction , you can take it up and become better than chimamanda.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Deltayankeeboi: 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:
Speak for yourself.
WE IGBOS ARE NOT WITH CHIMAMANDA ON THIS.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Deltayankeeboi: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:
Speak for yourself.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by donbenie(m): 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Okay, check this out...

From a loyal fan...
Charity they say begins at home,he whose house is on fire does not go about chasing RATS..
Nobody forced her to become a Champion for Feminists,all the woman is saying is let her start her fight from home..
After all,how many Nigerian males goes about holding doors for women.. grin

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

Issues on equal rights for women does not hold water?

You are not the one to tell her what cause should appeal to her.

If she is not doing it to your satisfaction , you can take it up and become better than chimamanda.

Which equal right issue has she ever done?
Obviously, blabbing idiocy counts as equal rights.
I am Igbo but have noticed how you defend her for nothing. I was in your shoe though but I tell you that woman is nothing but a misandrist
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
MajesticD:

You deserve my accolades boss
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by GrammarCheck: 1:25am On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
That's a lie. Nigeria of the 50s-90s isn't the same as Nigeria of today. Lots of awareness have been created that modern parents no longer mutilate their kids, and if they do in the rural areas, it's very low. When I say low, I mean low!

You have no idea.

Please quote relevant sources or don't speak at all.

In Jan here a man was advertising circumcision Bonanza.

If you don't know, you don't know
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by GrammarCheck: 1:26am On Jun 17, 2018
shammahyaro:
The female genital mutilation is really prevalent in the Northern part of Nigeria.Last year my friend's roommate gave birth to a beautiful baby girl so she packed out the hostel.She came visiting one day and was giving her baby some herbal drug and the little baby was around 8months then,someone in the room just asked her why she was giving the child drugs and she said the girl was circumcised some days back.Mind you this lady I'm talking about is educated and she's in 300level...Imagine the pain I felt,she was even telling us it's very very good sef

Not true.

Northern girls are not circumcised.

It is a southern epidemic
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by GrammarCheck: 1:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Abdullahi4u7:
Apart from being able to speak and right good English, Chimamanda Adichie knows nothing else.

You may need to contact her to give you English lessons.

It is WRITE and not RIGHT

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Arielle: 6:34am On Jun 17, 2018
Donald3d:
Gbam !

I also develop apps and build websites in case you need my services,kindly don't hesitate to contact me 08124021849

Very well said!
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Ruddyman(m): 9:50am On Jun 17, 2018
BAILMONEY:

Speak for yourself biko...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood / WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) / Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.