Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# (13027 Views)

I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Reasons I Switched To The Tecno Spark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by erad(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2018
LOL...
Iphones are not for people who just want to use a phone.
They are for people who use their phones as their offices and have functional things to do on it.
A lot of your points are obviously biased and ill informed.
How do you compare functionality of an OS you used for 18 days with another you’ve used for 8 years?? That’s just silly.
The iPhone isn’t meant for everyone but those who know it’s true worth know better.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Erums(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2018
If 7 want to act like you are on the iPx world and still rock andriod latest 8.1.... Get infinix s3.... Its flagship...

Apps dnt lag.. Smooth running

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2018
xanie:
The thing is most iPhone users are suffering in silence. They hate to admit the device they bought for thousands is the source of constant worry.

I love the iPhone though, design wise, but I love to have control. Rocking my Nokia 6.1

That's the truth about iPhone users and like I have always said that reviewers are biased towards Apple. Why would i have to open contacts everytime to call when I can easily search through on the dialer and it has never be categorized as a con
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2018
erad:
LOL...
They are for people who use their phones as their offices and have functional things to do on it.
How do you compare functionality of an OS you used for 18 days with another you’ve used for 8 years?? That’s just silly.
The iPhone isn’t meant for everyone but those who know it’s true worth know better.

Thank you.

It's true worth like

Visiting phonebook everytime to call when I can easily search through from the dialer
Absence of group notifications making my notification panel untidy and looking too busy.
No pro mode in cameras
Having to goto settings everytime before I can activate an app settings when I should easily do it in the app itself

Bros common, put up a better argument

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:
And people would say iPhone is easy to use yet I can't dial number from dialer. I don't even remember the last time I opened my contacts to call when I can easily search through from the dialer.

Somethings we take for granted on Android tho
that actually isn’t true , I don’t understand what he means by that.. since he keeps basing his theory on go watch this YouTube video, I doubt he actually used his IPX, or just deals on phone .
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2018
fowlyansh181:
that actually isn’t true , I don’t understand what he means by that.. since he keeps basing his theory on go watch this YouTube video, I doubt he actually used his IPX, or just deals on phone .

I'm not talking about YouTube but calling a contact. You have to hit the phonebook first before you can place a call which I can easily do by typing the contact name on my dialer and viola I'm on.

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 11:35am On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

I'm not talking about YouTube but calling a contact. You have to hit the phonebook first before you can place a call which I can easily do by typing the contact name on my dialer and viola I'm on.
no you don’t have to, that’s not true , I have never touched the phone book on iOS, and I do everything from the dialer, that post alone made me question if truly did use an iPhone.. the phone dialer works exactly the same way it does on the Android, I use both and I don’t understand where that point was taken from by him.. that’s misinformation

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by teamsynergy: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2018
I like to tweak my gadgets alot...that y I love Android open source OS ... u can do alot of stuff with it. though newer versions of Android os are harder to crack, still u can't compare it to ios.
infact, I had to keep my Android kitkat gadget to do my dirty lucky patchers , apkinspector etc....lol..... concerning smooth running of apps, a good Android device will do that.

p.s: naija is still a testing ground for emerging Chinese Android brands. if u want a nice Android,go for international brands. I used to have a Motorola Android made in 2015 3gb ram, the performance of that phone beats the most recent local brands we have here....

Android does it for me... iOS is cool but Android makes me feel like I own the os ... that is priceless

5 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by HitlerGaddafi: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
erad:
LOL...

Thank you.
People talk like this so it won't seem as if they wasted their money since it's a bitter pill to swallow. IPhone is for dummies and empty heads. I used the iphone 6. Mehn an itel it2180 was far better than that crap. I no just gbadun am then. Its a pity society attaches status to users of iphone.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by samodan(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
Timileyin1234:

Even not low end phones. Some (Mid range) phones find it difficult to multitask when running those apps

Honestly, even mid-range phones
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
gogeekish:
My job demands Android. I use both. IPhone 5S and Xiaomi precisely.

The iPhone is more disappointing to me for alot of reasons.

1. Accessing contact is hell on iPhone.

2. Notification is very obstructing (especially WhatsApp notifications) when another app is in use.

Abeg make una take it easy when lying...
3. When I block someone from calling me on iPhone, it rings a little (making the fellow feel like am ending the call) but on my android device, it is instant (making them feel my number is active on call with another person).

4. I can't filter text messages but on Android, I have control of the kind of SMS that should be received alongside notification sound.

5. There are alot of interesting apps I simply can't find on iOS ( torrent, IDM, Vidmate, Fake SMS [a very wonderful sms that is helping my business alot], Microsoft eXFat [an app that gives me access to any external hard drive via OTG cable] etc). Alot more

6. Apps don't relate with other apps installed on iPhone. Eg I download movies from Terrarium TV.apk via IDM Pro.apk on android.

7. The shortcuts by pressing and holding toggles to access main menu of the element is not available on iOS.

8. Alot are not said.

I see someone say about video editing using iPhone. Lol, what about media playing? Alot of video formats can't be encoded smoothly on iPhone during playback. Wanna try? Give it a shot.

In general, both have the leading points.

I just posted this because fellow think the Op is lying.

How is accessing contact on iPhone hell? & What version of iPhone are you using?

I have used both iPhone 7 Plus & iPhone 8 Plus and haven’t encountered any difficulties when accessing my contacts.

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Tallesty1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
dingbang:
wow. What's the name? I am ready to buy it
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

It's true worth like

Visiting phonebook everytime to call when I can easily search through from the dialer
Absence of group notifications making my notification panel untidy and looking too busy.
No pro mode in cameras
Having to goto settings everytime before I can activate an app settings when I should easily do it in the app itself

What is so difficult in using the Contact list in iPhone.

I’m beginning to think most people on here are just lying unnecessarily.

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

How is accessing contact on iPhone hell? & What version of iPhone are you using?

I have used both iPhone 7 Plus & iPhone 8 Plus and haven’t encountered any difficulties when accessing my contacts.

Was it hell when you newly got your iPhone 7 plus ?

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

Was it hell when you newly got your iPhone 7 plus ?

Never.

I have upgraded to the iPhone 8 Plus.

Do you think I would upgrade if it was hell?

Never.

I ain’t stupid.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

What is so difficult in using the Contact list in iPhone.

I’m beginning to think most people on here are just lying unnecessarily.

I think you don't understand me, on Android, I can easily place a call by searching for a contact on the dialer.

Search for a contact on the keypad and place a call from there

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

I think you don't understand me, on Android, I can easily place a call by searching for a contact on the dialer.

Search for a contact on the keypad and place a call from there

That’s a minor issue.

People like complaining unnecessarily.

Go to your contact list and search for a contact and then place a call.

It shouldn’t take more than one minute to accomplish.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

That’s a minor issue.

People like complaining unnecessarily.

Go to your contact list and search for a contact and then place a call.

It shouldn’t take more than one minute to accomplish.

Yep people complain unnecessarily but iPhones have always be said to be simple to use while these simple tricks work on Android and doesn't on iPhone hence the reason these unnecessary complaints are talked about.

P.S do blur your contact numbers

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

Yep people complain unnecessarily but iPhones have always be said to be simple to use while these simple tricks work on Android and doesn't on iPhone hence the reason these unnecessary complaints are talked about.

P.S do blur your contact numbers

Mehn, if people are gonna complain about something as simple as that, then the are better off sticking with their Android Phones.

There are way more important things to be worried about, this one isn’t one of them.

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

Mehn, if people are gonna complain about something as simple as that, then the are better off sticking with their Android Phones.

There are way more important things to be worried about, this one isn’t one of them.

Do you know people whine about app opening 0.000001 time faster on iPhone than Android and it's necessary but the dialer thing which virually everybody uses number of times on daily basis is unnecessary

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

Do you know people whine about app opening 0.000001 time faster on iPhone than Android and it's necessary but the dialer thing which virually everybody uses number of times on daily basis is unnecessary

When it comes to efficiency, IPhone & Android are miles apart.

I’m beginning to doubt if you ever used an iPhone, because if you did, you wouldn’t be making these arguments

Besides it’s too early to Argue this morning, maybe in the evening when I’m back from Church then we can have this discussion.

I gotta have my mind right before stepping into the presence of God.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by erad(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
HitlerGaddafi:

People talk like this so it won't seem as if they wasted their money since it's a bitter pill to swallow. IPhone is for dummies and empty heads. I used the iphone 6. Mehn an itel it2180 was far better than that crap. I no just gbadun am then. Its a pity society attaches status to users of iphone.

Bro,
Enjoy whatever works for you.
Wasted money, really?
Your post reeks of so much vile arrogance, ignorance and hate.
I can only hope you don’t approach other areas of your life like this, without logic and substance.
Comparison is for idiots.
I use both IOS and android, they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

I’m beginning to doubt if you ever used an iPhone, because if you did, you wouldn’t be making these arguments

Besides it’s too early to Argue this morning, maybe in the evening when I’m back from Church then we can have this discussion.

I would wanna know what kinda efficiency you are talking about . Also, I wasn't arguing with you. I didn't create the thread, I reiterated somethings which op said could easily be done on Android phones compared to iPhones.

I would have even made more arguments because iOS was too restricted prior to his 7 and yes I used one long ago

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by dingbang(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro
thanks.. Have any idea how much it is?
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by erad(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

It's true worth like

No pro mode in cameras

Everything you listed up there is only a problem to someone who doesn’t have better things to use their time for.
iPhone isn’t your thing, accepted.
There’s no justification for comparing it with other phones.
Those using it are not complaining, they are getting the value for their money.
Abi why should you be using paracetamol for another person’s headache??
I can list a bunch of features on the iphone ‘mere’ users have no idea about.
Y’all always have so much to say when it’s not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by erad(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

Bro, don’t bother yourself.
You can’t teach a monkey to like butter.
Those using it are not complaining.
They think iPhones are just for ‘class’.
Ignorance is truly a disease.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by HitlerGaddafi: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
erad:

Bro,
Enjoy whatever works for you.
Wasted money, really?
Your post reeks of so much vile arrogance, ignorance and hate.
I can only hope you don’t approach other areas of your life like this, without logic and substance.
Comparison is for idiots.
I use both IOS and android, they each have their strengths and weaknesses.
Don't be sentimental and get out of here. Don't allow emotions take over your judgement.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by erad(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
HitlerGaddafi:

Don't be sentimental and get out of here. Don't allow emotions take over your judgement.

Hahahahaha...
You are just so ill mannered.
Dishing out what you can’t take.
I only stated some facts about your approach and you are this rattled, what if I had been crass and uncouth like you were?
Grow up bro, for your own good.

6 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
erad:

Everything you listed up there is only a problem to someone who doesn’t have better things to use their time for.
iPhone isn’t your thing, accepted.
There’s no justification for comparing it with other phones.
Those using it are not complaining, they are getting the value for their money.
Abi why should you be using paracetamol for another person’s headache??
I can list a bunch of features on the iphone ‘mere’ users have no idea about.
Y’all always have so much to say when it’s not necessary.

Your comment is laced with emotions. What I wrote is the exact thing the op wrote but I only reduced it to few numbers which is done on day to day activities.. Do you know group notifications is coming to iOS 12 and I'm sure iPhone users will scream it's the best since bread and butter?

When Apple introduces in app settings, you gonna scream too.

My point here is, iPhone isn't in anyway simple to use like reviewers and users have always claimed. Android phones are way simpler to use from these points.

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
HitlerGaddafi:

Nothing like I'll manners here. I repeat shut that mouth of yours and don't allow emotions take over your judgement.
Many current Iphone users are like you. They will ne'er admit how restricted and boring that phone is. I used an iphone 6, after few weeks I was so frustrated with it I had to sell it off coz it wasn't giving me the flexibility I enjoyed on android.

How can you enjoy a phone with no headphone jack? A phone you can't easily share files with your PC, a phone wey no get universal back button to carry you to your previous page. No multiwindow support. You can't scribble on your iphone screen. You are limited to few widgets compared to android . you can't customize and personalize your iphone compared to android. Limited memory , hardware in android are much better. Battery wahala, you can create several home screens on android. On iphone that's impossible . No notification, slow charging.. My friend I can go on and on till the day ends..

In a nut shell, the problem of apple is that they think they know what's best for their consumers/customers.
On the other hand android think they don't know what's best for you or what you like so they gie you an array of options to choose from.
At the end you get better value for money.
actually you are the one being clouded by emotions , what has an opinion of one iOS individual got to do with how iPhone users think ? I don’t know the type of iPhone users you have been meeting but don’t blame the phone users, blame the society that puts class to IPhones.. For
You to adamantly keep quoting that you have used an iPhone 6 in the past, only shows you want to state that you are able to afford that class but chose not to because of maybe your dissatisfaction, it’s no reason to attack every iOS user.. almost everyone using an iPhone in Nigeria or anywhere, has at one point used an android phone before choosing to settle for iOS .. iOS is not a device you jump into without knowing what you are going for, except maybe of course those that you say , want to get it so they can show off, but even at that they have accessed their options and settled for iOS.. same goes for users of high end android phones, they have accessed their options and opted for android because they accept the android experience .. it’s all a matter of choice , and I don’t think you should force your opinion to others, you Can only state it and hope others get information from it ..

For me the main reason I stick with iOS is the smooth transition and how simple and fluid it feels as opposed to my android , but that doesn’t in anyway mean my android is slow or even lags, not at all. ITS just that personal preference of that extra smoothness on the iOS .. Assuming I am not able to IPHONE X , and I am given an option to choose between the iphone6 or Samsung s9, of course I won’t think twice before choosing the Samsung s9, because it is much more smooth and lag free than the iPhone 6, currently.. so it’s not just a blind iOS devotion thing , it’s just about choosing what one feels is best for them and happy with..

5 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Phemmygbl(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
henry007:

Your cons are either funny or just uninformed.

lol. I don’t know if you guys didn’t see it, but the OP said he has a 64gb iPhone 7 (number one lie) - there’s no 64gb iPhone 7/7plus, just 32,128,256 grin. He is just lying or probably bought a cloned iPhone 7. Considering this, I don’t even know what to argue. He has a few valid points and many irrelevant ones, uninformed ones (e.g, he said the face scanner doesn’t work but Apple’s Face ID is still the most advanced facial recognition system, it even works with dark shades on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiVLLKcTCr8

.. Ultimately, it all boils down to preferences and what you’re looking for in a phone. I would go on but I doubt the OP has an original iPhone or knows how to go around the settings (most of these things require extra settings on the iPhone).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Often Do You Change Your Earpiece ? / Gionee Elife E5 Specifications / CPC Issues Ultimatum To Samsung On Galaxy Note 7 Recall In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.