Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# (13029 Views)

I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Reasons I Switched To The Tecno Spark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
greenhulk:

Wow, what if I told u I never knew this until now. Thanks, I've learned something today.
hahahahaha. Come Wetin this one come mean nah. A whole you!!
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
ogkreatives:
Lmao. Guy why you too dey lie. iPhone 7 64gb? I guess you sent you own spec to apple. cheesy . I can name bunch of apps I use on iOS you can’t find on android. You want lucky patcher, titanium backup on iOS? Do you even know why these apps were made. Well I don’t expect a tecno or infinix user to know all these.

Everything you said is yen yen yen..
kindly check my posts then you will shut up. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
Phemmygbl:
lol. I don’t know if you guys didn’t see it, but the OP said he has a 64gb iPhone 7 (number one lie) - there’s no 64gb iPhone 7/7plus, just 32,128,256 grin. He is just lying or probably bought a cloned iPhone 7. Considering this, I don’t even know what to argue. He has a few valid points and many irrelevant ones, uninformed ones (e.g, he said the face scanner doesn’t work but Apple’s Face ID is still the most advanced facial recognition system, it even works with dark shades on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiVLLKcTCr8

.. Ultimately, it all boils down to preferences and what you’re looking for in a phone. I would go on but I doubt the OP has an original iPhone or knows how to go around the settings (most of these things require extra settings on the iPhone).
Oga Ive used the iPhone X. Nd its up for grab now for just 280k.and I can assure you that the face id is peice of crap. Have u used it? Do you have one. I'm telling u based on experience. Biko any apple fan here who has iPhone should please just say the truth. Sometimes it does twork. With glasses or caps sometimes

5 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by idrismuhammedab: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
tecnolad:
IOS is cool, I once had an iPhone 7 plus. Here are summaries of its pros and cons (ones I put together before deciding to sell it off):

Pros:

- The camera:
That device took amazing pictures that made people ask if I had a DSLR. Here's the last picture I took with it.
thanks for the hint dude will stick to Samsung
- its processing speed:
The iOS is light, no bloatwares and it processed faster than my Gionee m6.

- The premium design and its ever cool nature:
it never got hot.

Cons:

- You have to buy most useful apps:
Android users can always get paid apps for free.

- Not-so-good third party keyboard apps:
Couldn't use the swipe mode as effectively as I did on my Android device.

- Zapped data: Apps were just too big; I had to subscribe multiple times every month.

- Couldn't download stuff I love while browsing:

Without a third-party app, downloading music or documents were impossible.

- Couldn't do my online jobs:
Using apps like the Fiverr Mobile was a joke; I couldn't share documents with buyers who needed to see samples of my job. Very frustrating!

- Couldn't set some apps up for private use only: Every Tom, Dick and Harry could access my apps and picture gallery.

Can't remember some other cons right now.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ogkreatives(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
kindly check my posts then you will shut up. Thanks.

I don hear you. But without a screenshot, you lying man. You don’t own an iPhone and if no one replied you, you wouldn’t know iPhone 7 don’t have a 64gb version. Screenshot your iPhone 7 where it shows 128gb like you’ve edited your post or I don’t believe.

And if you actually operated the iPhone X camera, you’ll know you don’t need a pro mode in the camera to shoot nice videos or pictures. I can show you a video I shot with iPhone X in low light. What do you even know about cameras and shooting. You’re just hear yen yen yen..

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
ogkreatives:

I don hear you. But without a screenshot, you lying man. You don’t own an iPhone and if no one replied you, you wouldn’t know iPhone 7 don’t have a 64gb version. Screenshot your iPhone 7 where it shows 128gb like you’ve edited your post or I don’t believe.

And if you actually operated the iPhone X camera, you’ll know you don’t need a pro mode in the camera to shoot nice videos or pictures. I can show you a video I shot with iPhone X in low light. What do you even know about cameras and shooting. You’re just hear yen yen yen..

What would you say if Apple introduces pro mode in the camera in their future phones?
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
ogkreatives:

Oga, its your right to believe or not. I don't owe you any screenshot. You did not buy data for me. Or I am entitled to share a pix for u to believe me
If u don't biko take it as a lie. I'm done with you.

7 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

What would you say if Apple introduces pro mode in the camera in their future phones?
I've never used or sold a Google pixel. But I believe they have pro mode in pixel 2xl
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
Phemmygbl:

Restrictions hides the app from the phone, only you can put it back with your code. I hope that answers your question?
I still don’t understand how you could’ share files on fiverr. Most of my articles were written and submitted with my iPhone. I had samples on my drive and could easily write a new sample if needed.

Can this restriction hide apps like twitter and Facebook?
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
I've been an android fan for the past 8 years. I've hated iphone for no good reason. I've never used it, perhaps that was why I was so acting up.But how can I hate a phone without ever using it. It sounds weird. So then I decided this year to get my self an iPhone. I got an iPhone 7 to be exact. Reason for this is because its my first iPhone. And it had everything I wanted including water resistant. After some few days. My friend brought his iPhone x for me to sell. So I switched immediately to the iPhone X. And now Ive used this phone for good 18days, And I hated it. Right now I want to sell the iPhone 7.its a 128gb model. Please hilla me if interested.

Now the things I hated in iphone that made me go back to my android where

1:Notifications : they were so bad on iPhone. When you get a message from same person on WhatsApp, it will create multiple notifications of same contact. Making you have almost a thousand notifications from a single person.

2:Notification led: Mehn this pissed me off so bad. No notification led? Like I have to always press my phone to know when I have notification. Imaging in when I'm washing. With my wet hands. On and android you can have custom led lights, green for calls, blue for whatsapp, yellow for snapchat. Etc. Damn

3:App size are twice the size: Omg. I wanted to download Facebook only to see 325mb for just one app. In this country where data is expensive as Bleep. Almost every social media app ranges from 100mb up. Really!! Apple is this all you can do?

4:Third party apps down work so well: So I had SwiftKey board. On my samsung.so I decided since I'm switching to iPhone. I can as well download this app. Which I did. Over 100mb. After I installed. I got my account synced. But it only changed the theme and that was it. I count add number row. Etc. The most annoying part here, is that it also goes off from the keyboard on its own. Like if you want to type in password, it switches back to apple keyboard which I don't like.

5:Very slow chrage: Mehn takes ages to charge

6:Cant find a contact direct from dial pad: wtf apple?? This is 2018. I have to go all the way to contacts and scroll all the way down to find the contact. and it doesn't dial immediately. You have to click on the contact again before you see the dial button wtf mehn

7:Too hard to operate: no quick options. You can't hold down WiFi to go to WiFi setting. Or Bluetooth etc. You have to manually go to settings and select wifi.wtf??

8:Camera has no pro.. Mode option. Just basic. :The camera does not have anything again. Just click and shoot. Nawaoo

9:Not so many apps:Okay I have used an iPhone now, and I can comfortably say there are no much apps compared to my android oh yes. You doubt me? Let's try
Search for
Facebook lite
Messenger lite
YouTube go
Etc

10:File sharing doesn't work so good. Even iPhone to iphone: this one pissed me off. I sent a song through my phone with xender. Only to find out I cant play the song from music app. I have to go back to xender before I can actually play any song. So I asked. What's the need of have files in the app drawer?

11:Poor and bad network options: This is the worst. Imagine when you're in a hurry to google out something. Only to unlock your phone and ban. U see '' Edge'' or sometimes I get' 'gprs' ' that's on an iPhone x. Even if you select 3g only. U will still get 2g if the network is poor. This was the one that made me give up. On a 380k phone you don't give me option to force 3g.are you mad!! How can I select 3g and u bring back 2g for me.

If you're a core android. I will never advice you to use iPhone. You will miss so many things. You even loose your freedom. Unless you're ready to loose it then you can choose. Thanks

Modified ¤ I failed to add that their so called face scanner is not even good at all. Sometimes I will keep my face for ages without unlocking. If I wear glasses it fails to unlock. If I have a cap on it fails to unlock. If I have both, it's even the worst. Sometimes at night it's more harder. Though the screen lights up but sometime it won't unlock. And if I am lying down. It will never unlock. Unless I raise my head up.

Like I said don't buy this piece of crap. It's just over hyped.

I switched from an IPhone 6 back to Android, it felt like I was just released from jail. I am so not going back to jail. I can very well relate with your write up. None is a lie. Just ignore the iPhone cult fanatics.

5 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ogkreatives(m): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

Man I’ll be happy. Mad Happy!
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

I’m definitely not slow.

I can be able to spot the difference without no difficulty.

If you iPhone was bought in China then, there is a very high probability that’s a cloned version.

Fyi You never answered my initial question.

This is incorrect + they don't even have an official one in Naija but they do in China.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
henry007:

This is incorrect + they don't even have an official one in Naija but they do in China.

What do you mean incorrect?

Do you know how many millions of Fake & Cloned Phones produced every year in China?

Why do you think most Nigerians import from China?

They can’t afford the expensive cost of Quality Goods in the United States
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
LUCAS99:

What do you mean incorrect?

Do you know how many millions of Fake & Cloned Phones produced every year in China?

Why do you think most Nigerians import from China?

They can’t afford the expensive cost of Quality Goods in the United States

Sorry i meant Apple makes some iPhones specifically for the Chinese 4g/Lte networks and they even have Official Apple store while Nigeria doesn't have an official one.

iPhones are more expensive in China too.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
henry007:

Sorry i meant Apple makes some iPhones specifically for the Chinese 4g/Lte networks and they even have Official Apple store while Nigeria doesn't have an official one.

iPhones are more expensive in China too.

Ok.

Yes, iPhones are more expensive in China than Nigeria

But, iPhones are more expensive in the United States than China.

I paid $869.99 for my iPhone 7 Plus Red Edition + I paid $389.00 for my Apple Watch Series 2

Fyi $1=#360

$869.99=#313,200

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
ogkreatives:

Man I’ll be happy. Mad Happy!

But you downplayed the beauty of pro mode on Android phones. DSLR IS DSLR because of its manual modes and not auto.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ogkreatives(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

But you downplayed the beauty of pro mode on Android phones. DSLR IS DSLR because of its manual modes and not auto.

How did I downplay?
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
ogkreatives:

How did I downplay?

ogkreatives:

Here
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ogkreatives(m): 11:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
ollah2:

Here

Read the thread from the start. Hopefully, you’ll understand that post better then.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by reumat(m): 11:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Op, don't mind dem, d iphone is original, and d truth is dat Android is beta dan iphone 150%

I hear one saying iphone is for office use, d kind of office work Android does iphone just day follow am

6 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 12:03am On Jun 18, 2018
LUCAS99:

Ok.

Yes, iPhones are more expensive in China than Nigeria

But, iPhones are more expensive in the United States than China.

I paid $869.99 for my iPhone 7 Plus Red Edition + I paid $389.00 for my Apple Watch Series 2

Fyi $1=#360

$869.99=#313,200

iPhones are were expensive in Nigeria than USA until last month or so.

In February, I walked into an Apple store in Shanghai to check prices and i saw that it was more than $1000 US price.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 12:16am On Jun 18, 2018
henry007:

iPhones are were expensive in Nigeria than USA until last month or so.

In February, I walked into an Apple store in Shanghai to check prices and i saw that it was more than $1000 US price.

You need to be more specific?

What kind of iPhone are we talking about?

iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus OR iPhone X ?

The prices vary.

Here in the United States the iPhone X including taxes is $1000+
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 12:19am On Jun 18, 2018
LUCAS99:

You need to be more specific?

What kind of iPhone are we talking about?

iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus OR iPhone X ?

The prices vary.

Here in the United States the iPhone X including taxes is $1000+

Which other iPhone is $1000? iPhone 7? bleh LOL. I meant The X

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 12:21am On Jun 18, 2018
henry007:

Which other iPhone is $1000? LOL The X

The iPhone 8 Plus is almost $1000 with taxes

The iPhone X is $1000 without taxes

So you need to be more specific.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 12:31am On Jun 18, 2018
LUCAS99:

The iPhone 8 Plus is almost $1000 with taxes

The iPhone X is $1000 without taxes

So you need to be more specific.

Nah when i say $1000....it can't possibly mean "almost $1000 after taxes".

Tax on the iPhone X is sub $90 in US still yes? Total looking something like $1087.66. Meanwhile it's more like sub $1300 in China for the same 64GB model.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by LUCAS99: 12:36am On Jun 18, 2018
henry007:

Nah when i say $1000....it can't possibly mean "almost $1000 after taxes".

Tax on the iPhone X is sub $90 in US still yes? Total looking something like $1087.66. Meanwhile it's more like sub $1300 in China for the same 64GB model.

Ok.
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by gogeekish(m): 7:47am On Jun 21, 2018
LUCAS99:

How is accessing contact on iPhone hell? & What version of iPhone are you using?

I have used both iPhone 7 Plus & iPhone 8 Plus and haven’t encountered any difficulties when accessing my contacts.
It may not be hell to others. But for the fact that am used to simplicity of accessing contacts from dialer on android. I think doing the long process thing on iPhone made may say it is Hell
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 22, 2018
gogeekish:

It may not be hell to others. But for the fact that am used to simplicity of accessing contacts from dialer on android. I think doing the long process thing on iPhone made may say it is Hell
the guy doesn't even understand what you are talking about. His own ignorance is too much. I am not sure I've actually gone to my contacts this year to search for a number. When I can just do it from the dial pad as fast as possible. . grin

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by khalu69: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
Android definitely has more options and you can do almost everything you want. For example, in iOS, you couldn't install third-party apps but now you can. You just have to verify the developer and you're good to go.

However, I recently found a few ways to download music on iOS with or without a computer. Basically, if you jailbreak your iOS device, you can get similar features from Android.

Here's the guide: http://www.gizmoshot.com/download-songs-on-iphone/

It's true, things are little easier on the Android OS and there are lots of customizations you can do. It's a little pain to do the same in iOS but it's okay. grin
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Yes, Iphone ecosystem can be too rigid but to be honest you can get used to it with time and stops being a disadvantage if you are the flexible type because it makes up for it in aesthetics and smooth operation. One slight issue to me is when transferring music but then apple music is better anyways. So just subscribe and voila you are good. Even android users these days use apple music. Videos, pictures and documents can be moved from xender to the apps of your choice. Another issue is when you need to get a file for printing in case you dont have a laptop or external storage around. Happened to me occasionally when i was a student. Buh if you are the type that can plan and organise yourself around apple ecosystem. Its not an issue and becomes really addictive. I'm a samsung s8 user by the way...switched about 6months ago because was tired of the iphone 6,7,8 design and iphone x was above my budget so settled for s8. Really awesome phone, samsung is really dope. Will definitely go back to iphone if i can have the buck tho wink
Just my opinion...if you cant make a point without being rude please dont quote me grin
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Inehmesit: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
CHESTER48:
Quick question are you male or female?
There's nails in the picture, she's obviously female
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
this thread is kinda old.i have already made a thread about iPhone jailbreak.where I jailbroke my device.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Often Do You Change Your Earpiece ? / Gionee Elife E5 Specifications / CPC Issues Ultimatum To Samsung On Galaxy Note 7 Recall In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.