Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# (13025 Views)

I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Reasons I Switched To The Tecno Spark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iolo:
Your observations are spot on OP.

However, using an iPhone over Android is a thing of personal preference and taste. Post switching from blackberry many years ago, I have always used an iPhone and don’t regret it. I didn’t even realize some of the things on Android you pointed out until now. Of course I agree the lack of grouped notifications is a total mess.

As to why I continue to use the iPhone, I like the fact that it hardly freezes, battery life isn’t terrible, apps don’t crash as often and the iPhones have very good 2nd hand value compared to Samsung and the likes.
You did not regret it cause you're a shallow user. Go and check most phone techs on your tube. Starting from unbox therapy. MKBHD, Mr who is the boss. All of them use the Google 2 xl as their main driver.

They are somethings you can really do on ios apart from the once I mentioned. You can't even share music from ios to ios. Through airdrop. And note. If you use a high end android phone you won't notice lag.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
CHESTER48:
Quick question are you male or female?
female , Male , I am human.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
CHESTER48:
I've been an android fan for the past 8 years. I've hated iphone for no good reason. I've never used it, perhaps that was why I was so acting up.But how can I hate e phone without ever using it. It sounds weird. So then I decided this year to get my self an iPhone. I got an iPhone 7 to be exact. Reason for this is because its my first iPhone. And it had everything I wanted including water resistant. After some few days. My friend brought his iPhone x for me to sell. So I switched immediately to the iPhone X. And now Ive used this phone for good 18days, And I hated it. Right now I want to sell the iPhone 7.its a 64gb model. Please hilla me if interested.

Now the things I hated in iphone that made me go back to my android where

1:Notifications : they were so bad on iPhone. When you get a message from same person on WhatsApp, it will create multiple notifications of same contact. Making you have almost a thousand notifications from a single person.

2:Notification led: Mehn this pissed me off so bad. No notification led? Like I have to always press my phone to know when I have notification. Imaging in when I'm washing. With my wet hands. On and android you can have custom led lights, green for calls, blue for whatsapp, yellow for snapchat. Etc. Damn

3:App size are twice the size: Omg. I wanted to download Facebook only to see 325mb for just one app. In this country where data is expensive as Bleep. Almost every social media app ranges from 100mb up. Really!! Apple is this all you can do?

4:Third party apps down work so well: So I had SwiftKey board. On my samsung.so I decided since I'm switching to iPhone. I can as well download this app. Which I did. Over 100mb. After I installed. I got my account synced. But it only changed the theme and that was it. I count add number row. Etc. The most annoying part here, is that it also goes off from the keyboard on its own. Like if you want to type in password, it switches back to apple keyboard which I don't like.

5:Very slow chrage: Mehn takes ages to charge

6:Cant find a contact direct from dial pad: wtf apple?? This is 2018. I have to go all the way to contacts and scroll all the way down to find the contact. and it doesn't dial immediately. You have to click on the contact again before you see the dial button wtf mehn

7:Too hard to operate: no quick options. You can't hold down WiFi to go to WiFi setting. Or Bluetooth etc. You have to manually go to settings and select wifi.wtf??

8:Camera has no pro.. Mode option. Just basic. :The camera does not have anything again. Just click and shoot. Nawaoo

9:Not so many apps:Okay I have used an iPhone now, and I can comfortably say there are no much apps compared to my android oh yes. You doubt me? Let's try
Search for
Facebook lite
Messenger lite
YouTube go
Etc

10:File sharing doesn't work so good. Even iPhone to iphone: this one pissed me off. I sent a song through my phone with xender. Only to find out I cant play the song from music app. I have to go back to xender before I can actually play any song. So I asked. What's the need of have files in the app drawer?

11:Poor and bad network options: This is the worst. Imagine when you're in a hurry to google out something. Only to unlock your phone and ban. U see '' Edge'' or sometimes I get' 'gprs' ' that's on an iPhone x. Even if you select 3g only. U will still get 2g if the network is poor. This was the one that made me give up. On a 380k phone you don't give me option to force 3g.are you mad!! How can I select 3g and u bring back 2g for me.

If you're a core android. I will never advice you to use iPhone. You will miss so many things. You even loose your freedom. Unless you're ready to loose it then you can choose. Thanks

Your cons are either funny or just uninformed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Iolo(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
CHESTER48:
You did not regret it cause you're a shallow user. Go and check most phone techs on your tube. Starting from unbox therapy. MKBHD, Mr who is the boss. All of them use the Google 2 xl as their main driver.

They are somethings you can really do on ios apart from the once I mentioned. You can't even share music from ios to ios. Through airdrop. And note. If you use a high end android phone you won't notice lag.

It’s not a piss contest oga. I only stated my view.

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Iolo(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mcbussy:

Lolz, and someone told you a flagship android brand freezes?....like one that comes with 3GB ram and above and 1.8ghz octa core snapdragon or xynos, or higher?

Guess I can say you belong to the 1st category I was talking about. You have never experienced the power and versatility of a flagship android device.

Maybe you’re right. My 1st and only android experience was with a tablet on Honeycomb many many years ago when 1gb ram was the most you’d get on Android device. I haven’t had a reason to switch since most because I’m already locked into Apples ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ITbomb(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
fowlyansh181:
female , Male , I am human.
Typical Nigerian answer, so suspicious and insecure of his person

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Norman4real(m): 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
iPhones are good for only one thing... Status symbol. And the funniest part is that if you're not a keen observer, then you can't tell them apart starting from iP6, 6s, 7, and 8. That's 4 generations of phones with a similar design.

But my biggest concern is about how the iphones always seem to lack basic smartphone functions. For instance look at the latest iPX... No Fingerprint scanner, no headphone jack, no SD card slot, no FM Radio, no dual sim variants, no IR, no LED notifications, nfc limited only to apple pay.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
ITbomb:

Typical Nigerian answer, so suspicious and insecure and his person
question was odd and so off from the topic ..

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by gogeekish(m): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
My job demands Android. I use both. IPhone 5S and Xiaomi precisely.

The iPhone is more disappointing to me for alot of reasons.

1. Accessing contact is hell on iPhone.

2. Notification is very obstructing (especially WhatsApp notifications) when another app is in use.

3. When I block someone from calling me on iPhone, it rings a little (making the fellow feel like am ending the call) but on my android device, it is instant (making them feel my number is active on call with another person).

4. I can't filter text messages but on Android, I have control of the kind of SMS that should be received alongside notification sound.

5. There are alot of interesting apps I simply can't find on iOS ( torrent, IDM, Vidmate, Fake SMS [a very wonderful sms that is helping my business alot], Microsoft eXFat [an app that gives me access to any external hard drive via OTG cable] etc). Alot more

6. Apps don't relate with other apps installed on iPhone. Eg I download movies from Terrarium TV.apk via IDM Pro.apk on android.

7. The shortcuts by pressing and holding toggles to access main menu of the element is not available on iOS.

8. Alot are not said.

I see someone say about video editing using iPhone. Lol, what about media playing? Alot of video formats can't be encoded smoothly on iPhone during playback. Wanna try? Give it a shot.

In general, both have the leading points.

I just posted this because fellow think the Op is lying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Ay04z(m): 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
use iPhone 6 for a week. Phone is crap as f**

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
When you know someone is lying for cheap fame

Don’t mind him grin
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by samodan(m): 1:52am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
I've been an android fan for the past 8 years. I've hated iphone for no good reason. I've never used it, perhaps that was why I was so acting up.But how can I hate e phone without ever using it. It sounds weird. So then I decided this year to get my self an iPhone. I got an iPhone 7 to be exact. Reason for this is because its my first iPhone. And it had everything I wanted including water resistant. After some few days. My friend brought his iPhone x for me to sell. So I switched immediately to the iPhone X. And now Ive used this phone for good 18days, And I hated it. Right now I want to sell the iPhone 7.its a 64gb model. Please hilla me if interested.

Now the things I hated in iphone that made me go back to my android where

These are very honest reasons.
Lemme try to add a few things.
I'm an Android fan by the way.

The notification issue has been fixed on iOS 12
Try and update, you'll find that the notifications are now grouped; kinda like what we have on Android.
As for fast charging, you'll need to buy a fast charger of over 30k from Apple.

iOS is rich in apps o
I can't remember which of them has more sha
But the apps you were looking for don't really have a purpose on iOS
Take those "lite" apps for example, the CPU of the phone is already ultra fast, the storage is adequate, the RAM is on point too, so there's no need for lighter versions of apps.

Things like Titanium backup
That's asking too much grin

The size of apps is quite scary sha.
But you'll notice that the apps usually have some features that are lacking on the Android counterparts, the stability of the apps too is top notch.

And for you to be able to afford such a phone, it won't be too difficult to increase your data plan by like two times now sha.

Well, the last time I used an iPhone was in 2016, iOS 9.3 or so.
So I won't be able to help with some other solutions.
Aiit.
Peace

11 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by samodan(m): 1:58am On Jun 17, 2018
fowlyansh181:
question was odd and so off from the topic ..

Maybe he asked cos of your nails (fingernails)
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 17, 2018
samodan:

These are very honest reasons.
Lemme try to add a few things.
I'm an Android fan by the way.

The notification issue has been fixed on iOS 12
Try and update, you'll find that the notifications are now grouped; kinda like what we have on Android.
As for fast charging, you'll need to buy a fast charger of over 30k from Apple.

iOS is rich in apps o
I can't remember which of them has more sha
But the apps you were looking for don't really have a purpose on iOS
Take those "lite" apps for example, the CPU of the phone is already ultra fast, the storage is adequate, the RAM is on point too, so there's no need for lighter versions of apps.

Things like Titanium backup
That's asking too much grin

The size of apps is quite scary sha.
But you'll notice that the apps usually have some features that are lacking on the Android counterparts, the stability of the apps too is top notch.

And for you to be able to afford such a phone, it won't be too difficult to increase your data plan by like two times now sha.

Well, the last time I used an iPhone was in 2016, iOS 9.3 or so.
So I won't be able to help with some other solutions.
Aiit.
Peace
Sire let me correct you here. Lighter versions of app is not solely for phone with low storage. As any android phone can run full Facebook. Full messenger etc. The lighter versions were made for countries with very slow network sir. Do you know how slow our networks re here in niaja.imagine me using glo and waiting for hours. Lighter versions are just for two things.
1:Storage capacity
2:fix network issue.

Take a look at YouTube go. It main purpose is for u to download the video instead of streaming it. What's the need of continually buffering a video when you can just download and watch later? I have a Samsung s3 lying around. I'm running android 8.1 on it. And I have all full apps. Including snapchat and they run fast. Just small glitches that's all.

5 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:

You mean this video. Most of them are using the iPhone X and Google Pixel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2tjMLVpdQ

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2018
Norman4real:
iPhones are good for only one thing... Status symbol. And the funniest part is that if you're not a keen observer, then you can't tell them apart starting from iP6, 6s, 7, and 8. That's 4 generations of phones with a similar design.

I don't think people who use iPhones as status symbols care whether android users know the difference or not.

Android users are not even invited to hang with them lol.

5 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 17, 2018
samodan:

Maybe he asked cos of your nails (fingernails)
biko leave this guy. Trying to get cheap attention. Look at that hand clearly you see its a white hand. Maybe a pix he took from online. How can black palm be that white?

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Tallesty1(m): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2018
dingbang:
If only Samsung can produce a phone with at least sef 4000mah.
Samsung has a phone with 5000mah

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Crossbow(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2018
But people for this Nairaland get money o..
Iphone X, Iphone 6s, Samsung note 8.. My Ogas at the top.. I greet una.grin

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by samodan(m): 8:19am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
Sire let me correct you here. Lighter versions of app is not solely for phone with low storage. As any android phone can run full Facebook. Full messenger etc. The lighter versions were made for countries with very slow network sir. Do you know how slow our networks re here in niaja.imagine me using glo and waiting for hours. Lighter versions are just for two things.
1:Storage capacity
2:fix network issue.

Take a look at YouTube go. It main purpose is for u to download the video instead of streaming it. What's the need of continually buffering a video when you can just download and watch later? I have a Samsung s3 lying around. I'm running android 8.1 on it. And I have all full apps. Including snapchat and they run fast. Just small glitches that's all.

Ok, I skipped the internet part
But you get
Well, I've never been a fan of YouTube go sha
Don't really like it
But maybe it'd have been dope if it was on iOS sha.

And you said "any android phone" can run full versions of those apps,
One low end phones, apps like these can really slow down the phone, even during multitasking.
They'll run the apps, but not efficiently
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by henry007(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Appears some people have never heard of lightskin before grin
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Timileyin1234(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2018
henry007:

You mean this video. Most of them are using the iPhone X and Google Pixel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2tjMLVpdQ

You self dey mind this guy. If he like he should use Iphone if he doesn’t, God will help him

2 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by Timileyin1234(m): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2018
samodan:

Ok, I skipped the internet part
But you get
Well, I've never been a fan of YouTube go sha
Don't really like it
But maybe it'd have been dope if it was on iOS sha.

And you said "any android phone" can run full versions of those apps,
One low end phones, apps like these can really slow down the phone, even during multitasking.
They'll run the apps, but not efficiently

Even not low end phones. Some (Mid range) phones find it difficult to multitask when running those apps

1 Like

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by webincomeplus(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
sire. There are somethings we don't just lie about.
You mean you actually replied that fo.ol?
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by ollah2: 9:28am On Jun 17, 2018
And people would say iPhone is easy to use yet I can't dial number from dialer. I don't even remember the last time I opened my contacts to call when I can easily search through from the dialer.

Somethings we take for granted on Android tho

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by gcof(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
Quick question are you male or female?
did you see what I saw?
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by queenfav(f): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2018
Welcome to my world... I got an iPhone 5 as a call to bar gift in 2014.I rushed and dashed my brother the Nokia Lumia phone i was using (big mistake). Everything @op said is true. I was so frustrated eh. One day i just packed d phone and went to fayose market in ekiti and sold the phone. Since then i don't touch anything made by apple. He didn't even say how frustrating it is loading your phone up with music via iTunes on a pc. The day i synced my songs in my music library, all the previous songs were wiped off. Why? Because those songs were not from my iTunes account i registered to transfer the songs. Those abroad have no issues with Apple products. It's a no in Nigeria.
What's more annoying is the fact that only songs synced from iTunes on pc or bought from Apple store can play in the phone's music app. Even if you have songs gotten via xender, it remains there, it won't reflect in the music app or your music library in the app. I remember how i had to buy ed sheeran's "thinking out loud" on iTunes for 260 naira because the songs played on the phones music app and xender doesn't sound d same way. Dunno how they did that, songs played on d default music app were more punchy with good bass. My next phone would definitely be a Samsung galaxy edge, though my friends complain about poor battery life and how expensive it is to fix it when spoilt.

6 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by kenndnerd(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
sire. There are somethings we don't just lie about.
This isn't an iPhone x na it's a clone
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by dingbang(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
Samsung has a phone with 5000mah
wow. What's the name? I am ready to buy it
Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by xanie: 11:03am On Jun 17, 2018
The thing is most iPhone users are suffering in silence. They hate to admit the device they bought for thousands is the source of constant worry.

I love the iPhone though, design wise, but I love to have control. Rocking my Nokia 6.1

4 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 11:18am On Jun 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
biko leave this guy. Trying to get cheap attention. Look at that hand clearly you see its a white hand. Maybe a pix he took from online. How can black palm be that white?
oh, now I get your earlier question , sorry about the misconception lol.. I am actually mixed that’s why.. my mom’s Caucasian, and I am male.

3 Likes

Re: After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# by fowlyansh181(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2018
henry007:
Appears some people have never heard of lightskin before grin
apparently they never have .. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Often Do You Change Your Earpiece ? / Gionee Elife E5 Specifications / CPC Issues Ultimatum To Samsung On Galaxy Note 7 Recall In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.