Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics (1747 Views)

Nairaland Is Too Tribalistic! / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani / The Triple-camera System: Apple Launches iphone 11 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by mangoman00: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
These questions come up from time to time in my mind---why's it that the same crop of mediocre are the people piloting the affairs of this nation since 70s.Are they the best we can offer? or is it tribalism or religious enslavement that has beclouded our reasoning.Nigerians are going down the drain ,we need our best 11 to salvage this terrible situation before it becomes too late.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by sarrki(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
True talk

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by mangoman00: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
we are an object of mockery in the committee of nations

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by babasolution: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
the older generation is completely lost,even the best of them are useless,nigeria can only change with a new generation of young leaders,even the worst of the young ones will do better than the best of these old fools.we young ones have to get into politics,thess old fools have no shame,they reason and behave like children.They are so shameless
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by mangoman00: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
babasolution:
the older generation is completely lost,even the best of them are useless,nigeria can only change with a new generation of young leaders,even the worst of the young ones will do better than the best of these old fools.we young ones have to get into politics,thess old fools have no shame,they reason and behave like children.They are so shameless
They want Nigeria to pass away with them.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by babasolution: 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
mangoman00:
They want Nigeria to pass away with them.

we must not let them,we must save ourselves
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by UncleJudax(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
babasolution:
Remove Governor Bello
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by babasolution: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
UncleJudax:
Remove Governor Bello
governor bello is an old fool,he is still of the older generation
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by UncleJudax(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
babasolution:

governor bello is an old fool,he is still of the older generation
Everyone de use am de yab younger politicians. That guy na hybrid-fool
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by Xander85: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
If we feature our 'best eleven' as you suggest (even though it would be the best for Nigeria), those gaining from the present status-quo of federal character and quota-system would loose out, and this is why they would spill blood before they allow it happen!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by Masterppower: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria....

The problem remains Tribalism...

Corruption in Nigeria only rides on the back of Tribalism and nepotism....

Buhari wants to fight corruption but Tribalism and nepotism won't let him....

His own Fulani people friends and colleagues are busy drying up the remaining economical juice in Nigeria, and they keep shouting " kill kworuption"...

If Buhari wants to win the war, he must kill Tribalism first....

Sorry to say this, Yorubas can't survive without Tribalism.

Employ a Yoruba man as a manager, he sacks people of other tribes and replace only with his kinsmen....

We can't continue like this. It won't take us anywhere.....

Kill Tribalism and Nigeria will be great again...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by mangoman00: 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
For how long will we wait,revolutionary will never fail .This people are the leaders in this two major parties APC and PDP.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by tollyboy5(m): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
Masterppower:
Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria....

The problem remains Tribalism...

His own Fulani people friends and colleagues are busy drying up the remaining economical juice in Nigeria, and they keep shouting " kill kworuption"...

Employ a Yoruba man as a manager, he sacks people of other tribes and replace only with his kinsmen....

Kill Tribalism and Nigeria will be great again...
Not only Yoruba s its just that some yoruba state are urban concentration so there wud b a kind of focus. Lemme defend the Yoruba kind of tribalism, I'll tell u its harmless it just has cultural root the senators that forward not too young 2 run bill is a Lagos senator an Igbo man to b precise. Ogun state has some Igbo appointees then how does the Yoruba tribalism works. its simple if you can just mix with Yoruba's and speak their language embrace their culture you'll not have problem, you still see those that wud support you heartily .so the yorubas tribalism is just a cultural thing. What is more of concern 2 me is religious tolerance and greed associated with Africans in general. we build many mosque and churches & religious leaders keep telling people reason they shud avoid people of different faith. those are our problem.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by marsoden: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
tollyboy5:

Not only Yoruba s its just that some yoruba state are urban concentration so there wud b a kind of focus. Lemme defend the Yoruba kind of tribalism, I'll tell u its harmless it just has cultural root the senators that forward not too young 2 run bill is a Lagos senator an Igbo man to b precise. Ogun state has some Igbo appointees then how does the Yoruba tribalism works. its simple if you can just mix with Yoruba's and speak their language embrace their culture you'll not have problem, you still see those that wud support you heartily .so the yorubas tribalism is just a cultural thing. What is more of concern 2 me is religious tolerance and greed associated with Africans in general. we build many mosque and churches & religious leaders keep telling people reason they shud avoid people of different faith. those are our problem.

Actually, what the guy said about tribalism in Nigeria is real and true. How many Yorubas or Hausas would leave their abode and go to an Igbo state, to settle there? In Nigeria, Igbos are the least tribalistic. An Igbo man can live in another state all his life, to the extent that you may not even know that He is not part of that community. The only time you would know that He isn't from the community is when/if there is chaos or an uprising. He is usually the first to have his house and businesses destroyed and sometimes killed. This normally occurs among the Hausas. How many Yorubas and Hausas can buy land in an Igbo land and build a house? Yet Igbos generally mix freely and settle freely in any part of the country. You would see most Igbos building houses and developing other parts while they don't have a tent where they come from. If tribalism and nepotism must end, it must begin with the Yorubas and Hausas.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by resurgent2019: 8:24am On Jun 17, 2018
marsoden:

Actually, what the guy said about tribalism in Nigeria is real and true. How many Yorubas or Hausas would leave their abode and go to an Igbo state, to settle there? In Nigeria, Igbos are the least tribalistic. An Igbo man can live in another state all his life, to the extent that you may not even know that He is not part of that community. The only time you would know that He isn't from the community is when/if there is chaos or an uprising. He is usually the first to have his house and tbusinesses destroyed and sometimes killed. This normally occurs among the Hausas. How many Yorubas and Hausas can buy land in an Igbo land and build a house? Yet Igbos generally mix freely and settle freely in any part of the country. You would see most Igbos building houses and developing other parts while they don't have a tent where they come from. If tribalism and nepotism must end, it must begin with the Yorubas and Hausas.

Please don’t get us started, else, the thread will just be derailed. Don’t shame any tribe in your comment. Just make your comment and leave.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by marsoden: 9:11am On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

Please don’t get us started, else, the thread will just be derailed. Don’t shame any tribe in your comment. Just make your comment and leave.

I should leave because I said the truth, right? Come and chase me out of the thread then.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by resurgent2019: 9:13am On Jun 17, 2018
marsoden:

I should leave because I said the truth, right? Come and chase me out of the thread then.

What I meant by leave is that comment and don’t torment trouble. Insulting Yorubas or Hausas will only derail the thread.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by marsoden: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

What I meant by leave is that comment and don’t torment trouble. Insulting Yorubas or Hausas will only derail the thread.

Bro, please read and re-read my comment. I never insulted the Yorubas and Hausas. I just stated the obvious. If there would be a change, it has to come from the grassroots and how We relate with each other in this country.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by tollyboy5(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Every Nigerian is a potential tribal person. its not our fault its difference in culture. Nobody should sey tribalism is our problem. because modern educated yorubas know how to deal with their neighbors despite cultural difference. religious bigotry and greed is our problem. NASS consist of different region yet they know how to come 2geda for their greedy interest
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by Masterppower: 10:03am On Jun 17, 2018
tollyboy5:

Indeed you're a different breed of Yoruba. thanks for the clarifications.

In short, I hereby move a motion that you should present yourself for 2019 presidential election..... You're the kind of person we need and I have alot to learn from you.....

with your mindset, we shall liberate southern Nigeria from from foolishness and ass licking.

Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by 35824L: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2018
marsoden:

Actually, what the guy said about tribalism in Nigeria is real and true. How many Yorubas or Hausas would leave their abode and go to an Igbo state, to settle there? In Nigeria, Igbos are the least tribalistic. An Igbo man can live in another state all his life, to the extent that you may not even know that He is not part of that community. The only time you would know that He isn't from the community is when/if there is chaos or an uprising. He is usually the first to have his house and businesses destroyed and sometimes killed. This normally occurs among the Hausas. How many Yorubas and Hausas can buy land in an Igbo land and build a house? Yet Igbos generally mix freely and settle freely in any part of the country. You would see most Igbos building houses and developing other parts while they don't have a tent where they come from. If tribalism and nepotism must end, it must begin with the Yorubas and Hausas.
Your region is not pleasing for habitation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
Masterppower:
[s]Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria....

[s]The problem remains Tribalism...

Kill Tribalism and Nigeria will be great again..[/s].[/s]
YOU IGBOS are number one when it comes to tribalism in present day Nigeria. Every body know this!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
Omoluabi9:
YOU IGBOS are number one when it comes to tribalism in present day Nigeria. Every body know this!!!

Igbos are not tribalistic......

Igbo is a detribalized nation....
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by mangoman00: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
I hv taken my time to study the average lgbo man.He loves the environment where he resides and does everything to protect it wherever he find him or herself.It is in his own interest to see that he treats everybody equal because of his business enclave and he does that with great commitment.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by phemmyutd(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
People just come online to yarn rubbish.
The fact is that football is not our calling in this country which is nobody's fault.

If you think it's tribalism or anything else is our problem in football, you are completely wrong.

Show me how many Nigerians that performed so well in their respective clubs? Absolutely none, 90% of players representing Nigeria in the world-cup are mere bench warmer in their club. So who are we to blame for that? Nigeria Government or who?

I challenge anyone here to list the better players we could have used in world cup apart from those representing us.

We should accept it and forget our ego that Nigeria is not a football nation.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by tollyboy5(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
phemmyutd:
The fact is that football is not our calling in this country which is nobody's fault.

If you think it's tribalism or anything else is our problem in football, you are completely wrong.

Show me how many Nigerians that performed so well in their respective clubs? Absolutely none, 90% of players representing Nigeria in the world-cup are mere bench warmer in their club. So who are we to blame for that? Nigeria Government or who?

I challenge anyone here to list the better players we could have used in world cup apart from those representing us.

Lolz if we do encourage sport activities we'll discover great talents
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by tollyboy5(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
People should stop comparing who is more tribal in Nigeria. I once worked in a Igbo environment @ Lagos where I was the only Yoruba guy despite everything I notice tribal comment don't tell much about a person. someone who says I hate Yoruba or Igbo and has Yoruba or Igbo friend would always say my friend is different. If Obasonjo was a hard working tribal man @list he would have pump money for us yet he he held Lagos fund. abasonjo a corrupt politician it is easier for civilized tribal people with less greed to come 2geda and reason despite difference. But religious bigots with greedy heart would never see reasons to unite. The whole system is bastardize those who don't support restructuring are not tribal men but corrupt men. we just need people of like mind to take over positions
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by SIRTee15: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
phemmyutd:

I've said the above over n over again....
People just don't want to accept the truth...
We love deceiving ourselves in this country....
Nigerians lack the football gene in them, both home n abroad.....
Pure n simple....
When it comes to football we are mediocre at best....
We excel in age grade competition because we cheat.....
We give excuse like poor grassroots development, lack of nurturing n development programs, inefficient football body ...
As if the likes of Cameroon, ghana, senegal n CIV are any better.....
Yet those 3 countries have churned out world class n exceptional footballers both for home n adopted countries....
The best footballers to come out nigeria are the likes of kanu nwankwo n Emmanuel adebayor who I will say are above average.....
I'm yet to see any nigerian player playing for a top rated club week in week out for more than a season....
I'm waiting for the day a class A or even class B club will build the team around a Nigerian player....
Nigeria is yet to produce anything close to George weah, abedi pele, Samuel eto fil, didier drogba or yaya toure.....
Even Nigerians born n raised abroad are not making any serious mark on the global stage.....
The best we can boast of are the likes of David alaba n dele Alli who are both mixed race anyway.....
Look at the English team- all black players both past n present are of Caribbean origin.....
This is despite the huge population of Nigerians living in the UK.....

It's high time we face the reality n embrace it....
Nigeria isn't a footballing nation....
It has nothing to do with funding or development....
We should try another sport.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by tollyboy5(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
Omoluabi9:
Omoluabi don't judge anymore we need solution nt finding fault. Igbos and Yoruba's insulting each other is nt a surprise to me. Its in Nigeria blood to always blast each others and wen foreigners intrude they'll join force against intruder. I was in programming section wen people where arguing if fb was written in c++ or php and Nigerians started calling each other olodo! this and that. I was just laughing because both party where somehow right. that's how we are all the tribal talk are initial gragra wen we face each other we joke together. let face the real problem which is our corrupt leaders and our religious leaders causing the real problem.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
tollyboy5:

Omoluabi don't judge anymore we need solution nt finding fault. Igbos and Yoruba's insulting each other is nt a surprise to me. Its in Nigeria blood to always blast each others and wen foreigners intrude they'll join force against intruder. I was in programming section wen people where arguing if fb was written in c++ or php and Nigerians started calling each other olodo! this and that. I was just laughing because both party where somehow right. that's how we are all the tribal talk are initial gragra wen we face each other we joke together. let face the real problem which is our corrupt leaders and our religious leaders causing the real problem.
Talk to the Igbo who throw the first mud on Yoruba's on this thread. And secondly I did not judge; just started a truth!
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by debaj10: 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
mangoman00:
These questions come up from time to time in my mind---why's it that the same crop of mediocre are the people piloting the affairs of this nation since 70s.Are they the best we can offer? or is it tribalism or religious enslavement that has beclouded our reasoning.Nigerians are going down the drain ,we need our best 11 to salvage this terrible situation before it becomes too late.
it's actually a mixture of ignorance and stupidity.
will u give an illiterate cousin a scalpel to operate on you?
Re: Nigerians Are Too Tribalistic That's Why We Don't Feature ourBest 11 In Politics by mangoman00: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
When shall we reach the promise land.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Reelection Bid; A Tall Dream That Will Fail! / Chief Chris Ubah Wins Anambra Senatorial Primary Election / Uba Sani Defeats Shehu Sani To Win Kaduna Central Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.