Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? (30346 Views)

Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Iscoalarcon: 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
How can you ask Mikel Obi to play No 8 when you want to win a game undecided undecided

Useless oyinbo coach
By the way we are technically out of the mundial

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by ashile(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
let Rohr just field Ihenacho and Ighalo together abeg
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Kelklein(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mikel is unnecessarily forward...

Formation should have been 4-3-3 with Mikel in the middle of the pack as a DMF..

Start 3 strikers forward Moses-Iheanacho(or Iwobi)-Musa, and let them know they striking(forward).

Whatever anyone says Onazi should have started. he has more experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Olayemi244(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
It is kind of annoying seeing Mikel without performance.

Victor Moses Really played well but no one to team up with for goal not until iheanacho came in.

Ahmed Musa really tried his best within the limit of time he entered the football field.

Shittu Did well at the back but I wasn't happy with Etebo sad

My Advice to Genort Rohr

Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanocho should always start the match for better performance and Mikel shouldn't play full match again undecided

General Observation for the players

The moment there would a goal then the players didn't come forward for pass and I sense the spirit of not working together among the team.

Word of Hope

If the team members work together and there shall still be hope that we can play well with enough goals in the coming matches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by dumininu01(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
M confident.. D pig has picked nigeria cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by phase1: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
I don't deal with emotions I placed a huge bet against the super chickens of Nigeria and I'm now richer.

There was no way this team would have beaten Croatia. Is it with fattened Ighalo who can't lift his fat arze to chase the ball?

Or the with lacklustre Moses?

Or with a defense that can't defend corner kicks?

Loudmouthed Mikel?

Useless shehu abdulahi?

Even the coach hardly learns. How on earth do you expect a talentless team like this to win with Iwobi playing from the left flank. What was Tyrone doing on the bench?

And how do keep expect a Numbskull like fattened Ighalo to keep aerial balls like drogba. Do you think the world cup is the Chinese league where most players are less than 5 foot tall and skinny. When was the last time Ighalo scored a proper international goal? Ighalo should be benched and the guy from Crotone given a chance.

Etebo is the hardworker in that team. Others are not hungry enough. They feel too big and too rich to fight for the ball.

Rohr is technically clueless. The truth stares him in the face but he denies it and I don't know why.

Anyways, thank you for making me richer. I don't do business with emotions like most Nigerians.

I expect more good fortune when I bet against the super chickens in the next match.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Tokziby: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
coolw
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by HITTED(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything went wrong before the match...and it started when Boooohari called the team to transmit his body odour.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Iscoalarcon: 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
handsomeclouds:
Nothing went wrong tongue

In fact everything is perfect...

People be reacting like their lives depend on Nigeria winning undecided
shut da fuucck up you Know nothing about the beautiful game
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Kyllahmc(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything bro... Every fvcking thing! they were too disorganized like primary school boys...
no team work, no attacking form... no creativity. error passes everywhere... Nigeria just go shame person for Russia Smh
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
donqx:
the super eagles is part of our numerous problems among poverty hunger corruption selfish interest bad leadership bereaucracy red tapism among others

i insist.

please all the players should return back to their clubs after losing out...don't bother to come back to nigeria again.
until we implement death sentence or jail term to any player who performed woefully.that is when we will get things right.
I read saudi arabia will be punishing their players who lost 5-0 to russia.
super eagles does not deserve a kobo for this participation.they can keep the useless overhyped jersey and continue taking pictures with their thumbs up in europe
Death sentence ke grin grin

Bro I hope say you no bet ontop this match grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by udemzyudex(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Senselin:
To me, Etebo did not play his usual wing. I don't blame his own goal.. Coach Rohr follow kill us. Why a lone striker (Ighalo) when we needed two?

Mikel, what happened?

Nigeria always playing entertainment football, they are always afraid of attacking.

The coach sef, make he no just return back with the players ooo, make he just go Germany straight.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Saintsquare(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Starting Iwobi on the flanks.
Not starting 2 attackers.
Depending on Moses to initiate our attack.
Hoping that Mikel will be productive.

What we should have done;

Start Moses as a left full back.
Put Iwobi behind the strikers.
Start iheanacho to support Ighalo.

Above all, have some sense of urgency.
you definitely have more sense than Rohr, everyone knows Iwobi is a play maker, he's fast, can dribble and has pace.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
shut da fuucck up you Know nothing about the beautiful game
Painment tongue
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by milemimi93(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Let anyone on this thread dare blame PMB for eagle's defeat I'll make sure that person meets his/her ancestors
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Ekaka1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
1. We don't have a good team
2. We don't know our strengths and weaknesses (the Icelandic players are so disciplined and play to their own strength and you will almost not be able to fault their style)
3. We can't deal with ARIAL balls, dead balls, corners, free kicks...and we concede too many spot kicks/ corner kicks
4. We lose shape easily
5. We don't have one imposing striker that can instill fear on opponents
6. Slow start
7. Poor finish/ not clinical infront of goal
8. No holding midfielder
9. We don't play as a unit
10. The coaching crew tend to make their changes too late into the game
11. Not tactical...poor at reading the game.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by lawrenttaaipoh: 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
Seriously this guys played very well.we were jst unlucky
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by korrej(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
until we get a proper 10. Things would always be wrong. For Christ sake, Mikel can't run with the ball, he can't shoot, he is slow and he makes predictable passes. the only thing that works with Mikel is holding the ball and making short back passes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
Senselin:
I hope Omokri will not slam oga at the top. grin

But seriously, Only Etebo played well. He shouldn't have played 'defence'. He is more agile than Mikel. Again, see Moses on a wrong wing (for him).
Leon Balogun played well too
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by leocollins(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
naija

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Maket: 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
We didn't have the magic players to take on them. Nothing Was wrong.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by ivieeseosa: 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Buhari should not have called them. His calling them was a very bad omen. This was nothing but a complete transmission of failure and badluck. I just hope that the transmission transmission will not transmit them out of the first round

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by solid3(m): 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything?
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by sureteeboy(m): 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Only those who held their hopes high would be disappointed.
The super eagles will always keep trying while others keep winning. I seriously doubt if we'll even take any single point off any team in that group. The handwriting has been clearly written on the wall with 3 defeats and 1 draw from the last 4 friendly games, while playing all sorts of nonsensical football in the process.
The match left no iota of surprise in me. In fact, I would have been surprised if we'd escaped with a draw.
With such a lackadaisical and insipid display

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Ategberoson(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
the coach and NFF kill the opportunity before their exit in Nigeria leaving behind good material for world cup

but the coach murdered everything with his 4-5-1 information with Croatia. which experienced coach used such information with Croatia that has team, players, height, long pass, good in counter and utilisation of balls

as far as am concern Nigeria play more than Croatia today but with this team we can only be playing but we can't qualify from the table

I told someone if we don't beat Croatia, I don't see how we can qualify because we can't beat Iceland and Argentina

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
I think downloading only thing we did wrong was hyping them theirby putting 2much pressure on them
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by talk2emma: 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
Taking buharis call before playing was the worst thing they did
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Iscoalarcon: 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
handsomeclouds:

Painment tongue
useless cameroonian
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Holymann(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
Things that went wrong
1. Mikel as a CAM provided no support to Ighalo
2. Moses played on the wrong side of the pitch (he performs better on the left wing where he can drift in shoot)
3. Iwobi also played on the wrong side of the pitch (he performs best in the CAM role and is usually our most creative player when he's played behind the main striker)
4. Etebo would have performed better in a more advanced role.
5. The wingers didn't move up to assist Ighalo whenever he was pressing the centre backs. Their inability to press allowed to opposition fullbacks space up the pitch
6. Our fullbacks weren't offensive enough.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by sureteeboy(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
Only those who held their hopes high would be disappointed.
The super eagles will always keep trying while others keep winning. I seriously doubt if we'll even take any single point off any team in that group. The handwriting has been clearly written on the wall with 3 defeats and 1 draw from the last 4 friendly games, while playing all sorts of nonsensical football in the process.
The match left no iota of bewilderment in me. In fact, with such a lackadaisical and insipid display, I would have been surprised if we'd escaped with a draw.
The world cup is for those who know what it means to represent their country at such a grand stage. Not those who transformed it into a fashion parade and putting up a performance of someone who stepped on a broken bottle on the field of play.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by oilofgladness1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sad but I blame the coach since he had the guts to remove Mikel then he shouldn't have started iwobi..iheanacho would have started then when he brings out Mikel iwobi comes in n bring creativity from the middle.shehu didn't play well I would have preferred ebuehi.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by dietsono(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
Start Ahmed Musa and Iheanacho in our next game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player / Iwobi Deletes All Pictures On Instagram Account Amid Criticisms / Enyimba Crowned Glonpfl 2015 Champions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.