Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? (30349 Views)

Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by opsyswagger(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
tongue tongue
mavinc4u:

Lol, you got it right. Na back I watch oh. I am happy I didn't complete the purchase of the match ticket because na that one for pain me pass.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by phase1: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
Super chicken is filled with overfed player who are not hungry. The hungry youngsters (Team B) that played against Athletico in Uyo would have done better.

When you don't have players who are hungry and motivated you are wasting your time. Ighalo is earning millions in china, eating turkey and getting fattened, he can't even carry his fat are to chase the ball.

He should announce his retirement from national football before the Iceland match.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
useless cameroonian
Useless zoogerian

Common election they won't vote the right candidate now they are telling me they love Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by xavier5646(m): 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
[color=#000099]hahaha na fine jersey weh we go chop na undecided
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Greenback: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Manifestation of a schithole kwantiri

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by phase1: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
BlackManta:
I blame the coach 100%.

He got everything wrong. From formation to team selection.

1. He benched Iheanacho and started a lacklustre Ighalo.
Ighalo is slow and lacks composure. His decision making in the final third is wack.
He was very wasteful.

I dont need to talk too much about Nacho.
Everybody saw the impact he made and he made his presence felt within the few minutes he played.

2. Playing Iwobi on the wing.
A costly mistake. Iwobi is not a winger. He's an attacking midfielder. A no 10.
Why play Iwobi on the wing when you got a natural winger like Musa

3. Playing Mikel as a no 10.
Mikel is not an attacking midfielder. The no 10 spot belongs to Iwobi.
Mikel was slow and lacklustre.
He was one of the worst players on the pitch.
He should have played his natural position as a CDM or rather sit on the bench.
Mikel was the worst mid fielder on the pitch.
Etebo and Ndidi played better than him.
So much for being a captain huh

4. Benching Tyronne Ebuehi.
Tyronne is our best left back. He got pace. He can attack well and with his speed, he can quickly back track when Croatia start a counter or those annoying long balls.
Shehu was slow.
Moses had to back track and play wing back just to cover Shehu's ass.
Next time play Ebuehi and bench Shehu.

6. Set Peice.

Nigeria is weak at set peice.
Our first goal was conceded from a set peice and the second goal (a penalty) was conceded after Croatia took a another set peice.

This is not the first time Nigeria is conceeding from set peice.
They did it against England.
Nigeria should work at defending set peices.
It is their major weak spot.

You are a good football analyst. All your points are exactly my thoughts.
The team is largely lackluster. Only the DMs Etebo and Ndidi did well. Others are just waste pipes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by mattmogan88: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
where are our drummers

but i no dy shake cos we are chosen ones, chosed by a pig...

on a seroius note, our useless coach no go allow us win cos him be white man .. he knows wats hez doing
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by emmansus(f): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
Truth be told,nothing went wrong,before the game Nigerian knws that the croatian players are far better than our teem e.g channels kids cup team vs real Madrid what did u expect.shikena.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by chibaby12: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
Their finishing is too poor oooo,,, Nigeria should weak up
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
Uyiii:
Qualifying for the world cup. We shouldn't have qualified.
walahi
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by profmallor: 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
The coaches body language all through the match and his choice of responding in German to questions asked in English after the match just points to one fact, the team is in disarray. The politicians have infiltrated the team and taken over. Now that they have lost, maybe they would allow the coach to do his job.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by deboysben(m): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Super eagles under buhari's administration is the worst ever in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Dacronym(m): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
Where we made mistake is that the Hype was just too much, despite knowing the truth we refuse to face reality grin grin ; cheesy
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Chubhie: 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Even to engage life, You must have a strategy and tactical discipline for execution.

Who can interpret our strategy when we have the ball and when we don't have it?

Who was the link between defence to midfield and then midfield to attack?

You noticed how Croatia allowed our defenders time with possession?

I personally would've paired Iheanacho and Igahlo forward with Moses and musa interchanging as wingers and detailing musa to also act as inside forward from the left wing.

I will give these four men licensed freedom to attack without looking back and defend with two central midfielders and a flat four.

Six men to defend and four men to attack.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Plusstreet(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
No peace for the wicked. Henceforth it will be disgrace until the right thing is done.With everything happening in this ill structured space, people still get mind to say they are going for world cup. OK now, we will be watching! Jah is nature, nature is supreme.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by dadabashua1(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
BlackManta:
I blame the coach 100%.

Ighalo is slow and lacks composure. His decision making in the final third is wack.
He was very wasteful.

Everybody saw the impact he made and he made his presence felt within the few minutes he played.

Tyronne is our best left back. He got pace. He can attack well and with his speed, he can quickly back track when Croatia start a counter or those annoying long balls.
Shehu was slow.

6. Set Peice.

Our first goal was conceded from a set peice and the second goal (a penalty) was conceded after Croatia took a another set peice.

the 6th point is the major problem we have presently....I told someone if we lose it will be set pieces.....we very terrible in defending it and extremely terrible on capitalising on ours.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by SokizzRaven(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
BlackManta:
I blame the coach 100%.

He was very wasteful.

Tyronne is our best right back. He got pace. He can attack well and with his speed, he can quickly back track when Croatia start a counter or those annoying long balls.
Shehu was slow.
Croatia targeted Shehu's wing many times.
Modric was always crossing long balls to the right wing and Perisic always gets the ball leaving Shehu on the back foot.

6. Set Peice.

7. Lack of pace.
Our players are slow.
Ighalo is slow as a snail.
Moses was back tracking to cover Shehu's ass.
Iwobi played out of position.
There is ZERO pace in that team.
Our pacey players like Ebuehi and Musa were on the bench and that constributed to our failure as there was no one to inject speed to the attack.
You nailed it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Jokovic1(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
where is that useless pig that predicted that Nigeria would reach the semi final �

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by gentlegenius(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Topccy007:
Everything was wrong

Shame on our Minister for Sports

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens
Naija is hopeless in virtually every aspect.

Everything is political and Sentimental.

Does it mean this is the best 11 a Country of about 200 million can produce?

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens.

Football...... Zero

Economy......Zero

Leadership...Zero

Basic Amenities.... Zero

Infrastructure...... Zero

Nepotism..... A1

Corruption.... A1

This Country can't just give one a reason to smile sef
You forgot to shame one person.....

........ Buhari......!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Sanni45(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Adebowhales:
Going to the world cup is All We Did Wrong.
Why didn't the coach use Okocha.
He get injury na
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by highness25(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Senselin:
To me, Etebo did not play his usual wing. I don't blame his own goal.. Coach Rohr follow kill us. Why a lone striker (Ighalo) when we needed two?

Mikel, what happened?
From the beginning it was clear the team was not ready or well prepared. They lost almost all their friendlies and still lost in the world cup today and the coach was like he's not bothered about the losings provided they're just friendlies. I guess he's gonna be bothered now. On a second thought, it's just a lesson to Buhari, failure for failure

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by computerglobal(m): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
Topccy007:
Everything was wrong

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens.

Football...... Zero

Economy......Zero

Leadership...Zero

Basic Amenities.... Zero

Nepotism..... A1

Corruption.... A1

grin
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by omoakin111: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
when we told them to avoid buhari before departing for the world cup, they insisted they wanted presidential handshake and change, now that they've gotten the change. they are now asking us WHAT WENT WRONG!!!
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by resurgent2019: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
namio10:
Wrong was that Nigeria is not one country.

Croatia from old Yugo has become a super country.

Let the many workable countries to emerge from Nigeria for the benefit of the black race, Africa and the world.

This is a very succinct answer to the failed project Nigeria has become.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by olamakinde(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
Senselin:
To me, Etebo did not play his usual wing. I don't blame his own goal.. Coach Rohr follow kill us. Why a lone striker (Ighalo) when we needed two?

Mikel, what happened?
So much for the team that traveled to Russia only for fashion parade

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by resurgent2019: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
Plusstreet:
No peace for the wicked. Henceforth it will be disgrace until the right thing is done.With everything happening in this ill structured space, people still get mind to say they are going for world cup. OK now, we will be watching! Jah is nature, nature is supreme.

God bless you.

Nigeria’s unity needs to be discussed. Nigeria’s youth are wasting away and getting desperate.

Only the elite are enjoying the country. It is failure at every turn for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by gentlegenius(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
nurez305:
Next match

Iceland 3 Nigeria 1

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who go dash them 1 goal against a very stubborn Iceland defense?
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by AxceX(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
In a country of almost 200million people this mediocre players are what we could come up with bcus of NEPOTISM,man know man,CORRUPTION N TRIBALISM

No value for home base players,forgeting that this foreign base players are only bench warmers at their various clubs

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
buhari badluck was the reason...
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Kollyk11(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Topccy007:
Everything was wrong

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens.

Football...... Zero

Economy......Zero

Leadership...Zero

Basic Amenities.... Zero

Nepotism..... A1

Corruption.... A1

u just said my mind.its a shame.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by felixomor: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
In october 2017,
I wrote this on this forum.

felixomor:
Super eagles
Please go and learn how to score free kicks and corner kicks.
Also how to defend Corner kicks and free kicks.

That's what removes us from all world cups.

Many picked it.
A particular Ranchhoddas said I was saying nonsense.

Here we are today.
We dont learn.
Do we?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Taiwo20(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
They should reduce the price of the jersey first.... Beg Nnamdi for forgiveness......

and stop being selfish and political....
ordinary passes send difficult for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player / Iwobi Deletes All Pictures On Instagram Account Amid Criticisms / Enyimba Crowned Glonpfl 2015 Champions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.