Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? (30335 Views)

Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
To me, Etebo did not play his usual wing. I don't blame his own goal.. Coach Rohr follow kill us. Why a lone striker (Ighalo) when we needed two?

Mikel, what happened?

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Topccy007: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything was wrong

Shame on our Minister for Sports

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens
Naija is hopeless in virtually every aspect.

Everything is political and Sentimental.

Does it mean this is the best 11 a Country of about 200 million can produce?

Shame on our Minister for Sports

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens.

Football...... Zero

Economy......Zero

Leadership...Zero

Basic Amenities.... Zero

Infrastructure...... Zero

Nepotism..... A1

Corruption.... A1

This Country can't just give one a reason to smile sef

157 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
I hope Omokri will not slam oga at the top. grin

But seriously, Only Etebo played well. He shouldn't have played 'defence'. He is more agile than Mikel. Again, see Moses on a wrong wing (for him).

Even the football that unites Nigeria, we cannot win or draw in peace. All religion, tribes just de vex in unison. No Afonja, No BMc.

At least, reach Semifinals naw.

61 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Arsenalholic(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Why Super Eagles always does this to me I can't say. They bring my hopes up, only to later bring it crashing down.

What went wrong today are the same problems virtually every African team have against European & South American oppositions:

Better preparations than us.

Better players all round.

Better footballing brain etc.

The advantage we used to have over them was physicality and searing pace. But even they have caught up with us on those counts.

Did you see the Icelandic players today? They will kick this crop of Eagles off the park very comfortably

The Ghanaian team of 2010 did so well because they combined physicality with pace and defended as a team (something Egypt did well). Then they had a creative force in Kevin Boateng and a decent striker in Gyan.

If you watched today, we couldn't even muster clear cut chances. Mehn, I am just frustrated. That's honestly the last Nigerian game I'll watch at this tournament. We gat a looooooong way to go.

P.S. Etebo is a BALLER. I only really realized that today.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Pray(m): 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Changes made no change. Ekong should know football is not wrestling. Be hard with sense

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
Pray:
Changes made no change. Ekong should know football is not wrestling. Be hard with sense

I tire. For '18' yard box.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nothing went wrong tongue

In fact everything is perfect...

People be reacting like their lives depend on Nigeria winning undecided

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by wonuks(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
OP i just tire. At least they would have just made us proud by drawing the game. Now i can't watch their game again embarassed embarassed

Still looking for a beautiful and mobile friendly website design for your business or organization? Then check my signature. No advanced payments required.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by CertifiedA: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Why will buharee call them before the match?

Na to wish them hardluck grin

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by edicied: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Singing praise and worship grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by dafemnet: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Bizzare performance

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Vanpascore(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
We were on Nairaland
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Adebowhales(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Going to the world cup is All We Did Wrong.
Why didn't the coach use Okocha.

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Common election they won't vote the right candidate now they are telling me they love Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by BlackManta(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
I blame the coach 100%.

He got everything wrong. From formation to team selection.

1. He benched Iheanacho and started a lacklustre Ighalo.
Ighalo is slow and lacks composure. His decision making in the final third is wack.
He was very wasteful.

I dont need to talk too much about Nacho.
Everybody saw the impact he made and he made his presence felt within the few minutes he played.

2. Playing Iwobi on the wing.
A costly mistake. Iwobi is not a winger. He's an attacking midfielder. A no 10.
Why play Iwobi on the wing when you got a natural winger like Musa

3. Playing Mikel as a no 10.
Mikel is not an attacking midfielder. The no 10 spot belongs to Iwobi.
Mikel was slow and lacklustre.
He was one of the worst players on the pitch.
He should have played his natural position as a CDM or rather sit on the bench.
Mikel was the worst mid fielder on the pitch.
Etebo and Ndidi played better than him.
So much for being a captain huh

4. Benching Tyronne Ebuehi.
Tyronne is our best right back. He got pace. He can attack well and with his speed, he can quickly back track when Croatia start a counter or those annoying long balls.
Shehu was slow.
Moses had to back track and play wing back just to cover Shehu's ass.
Croatia targeted Shehu's wing many times.
Modric was always crossing long balls to the right wing and Perisic always gets the ball leaving Shehu on the back foot.
Next time play Ebuehi and bench Shehu.

6. Set Peice.

Nigeria is weak at set peice.
Our first goal was conceded from a set peice and the second goal (a penalty) was conceded after Croatia took a another set peice.

This is not the first time Nigeria is conceeding from set peice.
They did it against England.
Nigeria should work at defending set peices.
It is their major weak spot.

7. Lack of pace.
Our players are slow.
Ighalo is slow as a snail.
Moses was back tracking to cover Shehu's ass.
Iwobi played out of position.
There is ZERO pace in that team.
Our pacey players like Ebuehi and Musa were on the bench and that constributed to our failure as there was no one to inject speed to the attack.

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
we went there for fashion parade. that's what we did wrong, and it's official we are out of the World Cup. undecided

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by BruncleZuma: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
They have a hot president tho...

[img]https://i./EZxI.gif[/img]

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by lytech1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Overrated team... All they know is fashion

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by jeeqaa7(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Explorers(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
g
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by gaby(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Backwards and sidewards passings was their bane. At a point in the game a Nigerian player even had a throw in in the croatian half but threw the ball all the way to a Nigerian defender in the Nigerian half.
The Nigerian goalie is lacking in experience and confidence too. His goal kicks are not far reaching or precise enough.

Most of the players were played out of position especially in the first half.Mikel should be coming on as a sub.

Etebo had a pretty okay game bar the own goal.He was strong on the ball.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Innobee99(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything virtually went wrong, including myself that watched d ball.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by legitnow: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Seun stop banning people pointing out wat is wrong in this country den come back to ask us after suffering defeat.

And even though, i know, i wont tell u until u stop the ban.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by itsmeurLady(f): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
We overhyped the Super Eagles

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by nurez305(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Next match

Iceland 3 Nigeria 1

cheesy cheesy cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
k
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Uyiii: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Qualifying for the world cup. We shouldn't have qualified.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by dafemnet: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Fitness level poor

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by teamb: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Naija

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Jebosh(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything is upside down in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by EloquentMedia: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
I was asking the same question until I read that Buhari called them before the match. Then I said..."No wonder"

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by wink2015(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Present day super eagle lack striker like Rashidi Yekini.

There was poor finishing on the part of the Nigerian players.

The super eagle need a powerful finisher like Dan Amokachi, Emmanuel Amuneke, and Yekini.

Let Nigeria correct their errors in the next match against Argentina.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi / Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / Iwobi Deletes All Pictures On Instagram Account Amid Criticisms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.