Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate (24935 Views)

How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? / What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
ImaIma1:
I want my children to be free to speak up...not being timid and shy. I won't shut them down or overreact when they try to tell me something. So that i keep communication open.

I won't make beating a norm. I will give them a chance to defend their actions and tell me why they shouldn't be punished.

I won't act like i know it all. Let them know i can learn from them.

Allow them be what they want to be. Doesn't have to be doctor, lawyer,etc.

Beautiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
"Children must be able to play, study and grow in a peaceful environment. Woe to anyone who stifles their joyful impulse to hope!"

Pope Francis

1 Like

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Somatic(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lalasticlala we see you. Front page loading.
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by freshbear(m): 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
wow!love this thread.
Lots of lessons to take home.
Read what some peeps went thru because of family (the doctor) unbelievable n sad.
I can relate to a lot of what PEO wrote esp d entitlement mentality.
I have learnt n shall put to practice some intelligent response.
yes I am a parent.
OP,much love for this insightful thread.
pls fellas in our closet let's spare a word to God for DAT doctor.
oneluv.
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by lopside12: 6:44am On Jun 20, 2018
Dfavouredone:
Some times also our parents are themselves a product of improper upbringing and have their own emotional and situational battles. We should sometimes bear with them and try to understand their short coming.

But [b]she is no longer with us on earth as she went to be with the Lord in 2016. [/b]But the training and education she had given me is sustaining me and only God know why he calls her and I still blessed God for everything. She is my idol and role model. kiss kiss

I will pamper my children the way my mum pamper me while still instilling crucial life lessons in them like hard work and discipline.

Everything was becoming lovely until the bolded broke my heart.. May her soul rest in peace knowing she raised moral child(ren)
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by lalasticlala(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2018
Somatic:
Lalasticlala we see you. Front page loading.

Already made FP. I just like the thread, I'm reading to learn

4 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by geekybabe(f): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hmm
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Dfavouredone: 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
lopside12:

Everything was becoming lovely until the bolded broke my heart.. May her soul rest in peace knowing she raised moral child(ren)

My dear, it was a very terrible blow. But what can one do than to live on such that her efforts are not in vain.
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by kyutepanda(f): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2018
The you spoil everything i get for you talk, and mam's unending nagging chai very annoying they know how to swing someone's innocent mood ehn but they sha are the best life can offer me
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by addictiv(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2018
Going through this thread made me realise I have great parents and so much to be thankful and grateful for. My mum and dad are amazing couples. They have there shortcomings but they always do therein best. But now I would ensure I believe in my kids. I ll train and mentor them on the art of strategy, how to court a lady, how to run a business, how to save and invest. I ll show them the magic of hardwork, focus consistency and discipline. I ll ensure that they follow their dreams and passions and not decide for them. When a decision is to be made , education, Marriage, I ll ask them these two questions, what do you think, and what do you want. I won't I assume I know the best for them without wanting to hear them out. I ll instill self confidence in them from a very tender age . I ll make them belive that all things are possible. I ll apologise when am wrong. I ll let them go out and make friends. I ll encourage them to try out those ideas, fail and make mistakes. I won't force them to sit at the sidelines while I do everything myself because I don't want them to mess things up.

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by addictiv(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2018
themodernman:

So their wickedness should be forgiven despite beimg a good and humble person to them right? They should get away with eroding my self-esteem, no thanks to their disgustingly bossy attitude right?

You kuku said you don't pity people like me simply because I decide to pay back my enemies in their own coin....so screw you too!

How many people have you honestly forgiven in your hypocritical and deluded life?

Empty barrel.
Even if u shoot them all with a gun. The pain u feel inside will never go away. The forgiveness is not for them. It's for you. You have to set urself free bro. There is much more to life than waiting to pay back. The pay back opprtunity you are waiting for may never come and you will have lived your life under oppression. You have to let things go. With your experience you can change the lives of so many persons going through the same situation you faced.

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Chevrolet076(m): 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
sassysure:

Take it to the bank. U will never get better with this mindset. Ur mind is screwed up with bitterness and u just want to grasps on what was done to u to continue on Ur self destructive journey.
Maybe nobody have ever told u this but I don't pity people like u. Ur mind is so dark and u love misery.

One of the best healing tool psychologists will tell u is forgiveness. It does magic to the soul as the soul is the touch bearer of the body.
U live in illusion and will soon self destruct.
U are not the only way family wrecked their lives.

There are people who went through hell and back again but started healing immediately they started letting go.

U pay back Ur enemy with good deeds. That's the golden rule to happiness and success.
Bitterness rot's Ur system away.

Hope u will not destroy somebody's future in the name of marriage tomorrow cos u can never make a good husband with this wicked mindset.

Good luck in Ur self pity.

ODE NI E..
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dasherz:
i won't emulate anything

nothing to me is worth emulating
I thought You loved your parents?
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Dasherz(f): 11:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
doesn't make me love them less
Admin401:
I thought You loved your parents?
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dasherz:
doesn't make me love them less

Its does. It actually means you resent them, subconsciously ofcourse.
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Dasherz(f): 12:47am On Jul 07, 2018
lol
I'll pass
Admin401:

Its does. It actually means you resent them, subconsciously ofcourse.
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
Dfavouredone:
Some times also our parents are themselves a product of improper upbringing and have their own emotional and situational battles. We should sometimes bear with them and try to understand their short coming.

My parents try I nor go lie. May dad was a taxi driver and was a jolly good fellow. He will always buy suya when coming back home from work by around 11pm. Then if you sleep before papa come back from work, na your luck be that, u don miss suya. The rule among we siblings is no waking of anybody wey sleep cheesy. Sometimes my mum go forget go wake person, we go vex for her. It was fun. That was around 1992. But i lost my easy going dad in 1995 to road accident. cry cry

My mum became the bread winner of our home taking care of me and my six siblings. Na wetin my papa brothers do, i nor go ever do for my life. Dem come carry all my papa property and abandoned us the children for my mum. But God love us and my mum na strong woman with love for God. She hustle take care of us go school.

Growing up with no father figure, i wan be lose guard dey join area boys. My mother begin cry, wake me for night dey advise me. I come call myself to advise say why i dey lose guard like this, this woman want my good and i better behave. From then on I change my ways, my mum was very happy and proud. I come serious for church become teens president, dem pass my exam without problem and gain admission. My mum treat me like egg. She go rather make mosquitoes come bite her than make the mosquitoes bite me. Pet me like small pikin. I love her to pieces. People dey call me her husband because I be the first son as well. When i came back from NYSC after graduation, she wan come carry bucket of water go bathroom for me to take bath. I just rush am say, momsy stop stop, i can do that myself na. She wan kill me with love and petting. But she is no longer with us on earth as she went to be with the Lord in 2016. But the training and education she had given me is sustaining me and only God know why he calls her and I still blessed God for everything. She is my idol and role model. kiss kiss

I will pamper my children the way my mum pamper me while still instilling crucial life lessons in them like hard work and discipline.

This broke my heart! Come see tears soak up my top!

Thank you for sharing this! You are blessed and I wish you the world on a silver platter... kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2018
i will NEVER treat my female chindren like they are loosed/prostitutes
i will NEVER cut my female childrens hair as a form of punishment to bend their wings because i percieve they have started following boys
i will NEVER beat my children and give them scars unecessarily because i feel that is the only way they will listen
i will NEVER EVER blame my children for my predicament/transfer aggression to my children weneva i am not performing well financially
i will TRY to be very close to my children so they can tell me their inner most fear and i will give my advice and pray along with them
i will NEVER give my children the impresion that marriage is HELL by showing utmost love care respect to their father so they can learn from their parents marriage.
because i remeber growing up and myself and my sisters told my mum that if this is what marriage is like (AM REFERING TO MY PARENTS MARRIAGE) then we will never get married.
i will TRY ALL to work hard and plan well for the future with hubby so my children can have a very comfortable life.
because i remeber growing up and my parents didnt plan their finances well, it wasnt that they were poor. NO! They were both working class but they lacked proper financial planning and this affected a lot.

OH i had a lot to learn from but i am just to lazy to type.lol... grin

SO HELP ME GOD

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 25, 2018
I will love my wife endlessly and transfer same love to my children. I won't send my children to leave with any of my siblings unless for holiday. If I get to loose my wife early like my father lost my mother early I won't marry another wife once I have up to 2 gender kiss kids(boy and girl) I will work hard to make sure they chase any dream they aspire as kids. I will learn my children and treat them according to what I know about them and don't hit them when they err.

This will I do for upcoming generations, all things being equal.
I never got to experience complete childhood because of my upbringing.
All my siblings are intelligent but none went to school.
Mom died early and dad married immediately that's where our problems started. cry kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2018
Heroyalhighness:
i will NEVER treat my female chindren like they are loosed/prostitutes
i will NEVER cut my female childrens hair as a form of punishment to bend their wings because i percieve they have started following boys
i will NEVER beat my children and give them scars unecessarily because i feel that is the only way they will listen
i will NEVER EVER blame my children for my predicament/transfer aggression to my children weneva i am not performing well financially
i will TRY to be very close to my children so they can tell me their inner most fear and i will give my advice and pray along with them
i will NEVER give my children the impresion that marriage is HELL by showing utmost love care respect to their father so they can learn from their parents marriage.
because i remeber growing up and myself and my sisters told my mum that if this is what marriage is like (AM REFERING TO MY PARENTS MARRIAGE) then we will never get married.
i will TRY ALL to work hard and plan well for the future with hubby so my children can have a very comfortable life.
because i remeber growing up and my parents didnt plan their finances well, it wasnt that they were poor. NO! They were both working class but they lacked proper financial planning and this affected a lot.

OH i had a lot to learn from but i am just to lazy to type.lol... grin

SO HELP ME GOD
Hmmm. God help us all. You went through a lot. It must have made you become the strong personality you are today. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by alexola20(m): 4:27am On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by alexola20(m): 4:52am On Sep 15, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy / My Son Is Too Shy / Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.