Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women (3570 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Stop Approaching Women....Do This instead.... / Why Are Guys Scared Of Approaching Soldier Girls? - Airwoman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by Kodiwithsauce: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
You probably clicked on this post because of a girl next door or at work, or maybe someone you see regularly at the bus park but you haven’t had a conversation with yet. You really think that this time she’s the one, but let’s not jump into conclusions yet, at least until you get to meet her first. Your fears and anxiety stand in your way of getting to know her better. Don’t get me wrong, you might not be the shy type; your friends know you to be a very interesting person and you have a lot of female friends who think you have an awesome personality. But when it comes to this particular girl, everything seems to be different and that really cool guy that you used to be, is nowhere to be found. On the other hand, you might just be a shy guy who just has a tough time when it comes to initiating conversations especially with women.

“You’re scared of rejection”

You happen to be scared of rejection, and subconsciously you keep trying to avoid it. But, to overcome this fear, you have to step out of your comfort zone. Challenge yourself and try to make things work out, or else, as you keep avoiding walking up to her to initiate that conversation, you start regretting. Realize that feelings for someone cannot easily be suppressed; it keeps lingering on and on. Your mind will be focused entirely on thoughts of that particular girl, distracting you from work or other activities especially when you see her.
Why not just make the move? In this post we are going to explore how to overcome the fear of approaching women, how to prepare one’s mind to meet someone he really has feelings for, and how to look at rejection in a different way.

"Stop over thinking it"
Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by Kodiwithsauce: 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Most of the time, you find yourself filled with thoughts of this lady in question, in your mind you act out different scenarios of how you would approach and initiate a conversation with her. The irony of the numerous plan A, B or C’s you could come up with is that a lot of times, depending on your level of confidence, you remain stuck in the planning stage. You don’t really develop the confidence required to execute your plan; you might as well just end up with a headache because of over thinking it.

For the few who have a bit of the confidence required to initiate a conversation, most of the time they get disappointed by the reaction they receive, their plan A, B or C wasn’t enough. Human beings are not easily predictable, and your so called strategy isn’t likely to consider the external factors that might influence her mood, the way she perceives your message and ultimately how she reacts. Once things don’t go as planned in this case, you’ll find it difficult to continue the conversation. You might also to be a good actor to execute your plan. Actors are trained to suppress and build up different emotions as they please. But you on the other hand, might just appear fake or too cocky as you will overdo it and this would possibly disgust her.

Rather than over think a strategy, here’s somewhere you should embrace being spontaneous as well as original. Try to avoid thinking about this girl, I know it won’t be easy, but hang out with friends, go and see a movie, distract yourself from thoughts of her and if you eventually bump into her, even if you stutter, she’ll recognize how she makes you feel, and if she happens to be a nice person, she’ll help you out. Even if it doesn’t work out for the first time, once you do it twice or thrice, you begin to notice improvement until you become a pro. Remember you’re trying to build confidence rather than trying to score.

“Workout, dress well & groom your hair”

https://sauceandsound.com/2018/06/20/how-to-overcome-your-fear-of-approaching-women/
Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
grin
Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
OP TBH am guilty of the above but like you said I NEED TO STOP THINKING IT

I recently asked a lady out and her response was epic "how can you tell me a guy like you is still single"

I just smiled and said in my mind How I wish you know am that shy and quiet dude outside and totally opposite behind my mobile lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by IamPlato(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl Happy Father's Day Dear

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
IamPlato:
UyaiIncomparabl Happy Father's Day Dear

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Danny. What's that?
Happy Father's Day to you too.
More semen to your blokos.

cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by theapeman4: 12:38am On Jun 18, 2018
Kodiwithsauce:
You probably clicked on this post because of a girl next door or at work, or maybe someone you see regularly at the bus park but you haven’t had a conversation with yet. You really think that this time she’s the one, but let’s not jump into conclusions yet, at least until you get to meet her first. Your fears and anxiety stand in your way of getting to know her better. Don’t get me wrong, you might not be the shy type; your friends know you to be a very interesting person and you have a lot of female friends who think you have an awesome personality. But when it comes to this particular girl, everything seems to be different and that really cool guy that you used to be, is nowhere to be found. On the other hand, you might just be a shy guy who just has a tough time when it comes to initiating conversations especially with women.

You happen to be scared of rejection, and subconsciously you keep trying to avoid it. But, to overcome this fear, you have to step out of your comfort zone. Challenge yourself and try to make things work out, or else, as you keep avoiding walking up to her to initiate that conversation, you start regretting. Realize that feelings for someone cannot easily be suppressed; it keeps lingering on and on. Your mind will be focused entirely on thoughts of that particular girl, distracting you from work or other activities especially when you see her.
Why not just make the move? In this post we are going to explore how to overcome the fear of approaching women, how to prepare one’s mind to meet someone he really has feelings for, and how to look at rejection in a different way.

"Stop over thinking it"
fear kini!

The only fear I have is to walk out and toast those baboons called naija women undecided

I'm done chasing our country apes!

I only go after foreign women without stress or fear of rejection!

In Nigeria our contemporary apes will tell you right in ya that they don't date broke guys wereby those apes who don't date broke guys will be wearing pants of 50naira for 5 good days undecided

My advise to ya all is to abort chasing baboons here in this country

4 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by milemimi93(m): 1:03am On Jun 18, 2018
Kodiwithsauce:

"Stop over thinking it"

Have money and fear will disappear

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by IamPlato(m): 1:48am On Jun 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Danny. What's that? Happy Father's Day to you too. More semen to your blokos
cheesy cheesy

shocked shocked shocked

I Dont Even Know How To React To That Statement...

Should I Cry Or Laugh?

Lol... You Will Not Kill Me grin

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by Lagboyinibadan(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
Kodiwithsauce:

"Stop over thinking it"
undecided
Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by Drwolf: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
Kodiwithsauce:
Most of the time, you find yourself filled with thoughts of this lady in question, in your mind you act out different scenarios of how you would approach and initiate a conversation with her. The irony of the numerous plan A, B or C’s you could come up with is that a lot of times, depending on your level of confidence, you remain stuck in the planning stage. You don’t really develop the confidence required to execute your plan; you might as well just end up with a headache because of over thinking it.

For the few who have a bit of the confidence required to initiate a conversation, most of the time they get disappointed by the reaction they receive, their plan A, B or C wasn’t enough. Human beings are not easily predictable, and your so called strategy isn’t likely to consider the external factors that might influence her mood, the way she perceives your message and ultimately how she reacts. Once things don’t go as planned in this case, you’ll find it difficult to continue the conversation. You might also to be a good actor to execute your plan. Actors are trained to suppress and build up different emotions as they please. But you on the other hand, might just appear fake or too cocky as you will overdo it and this would possibly disgust her.

Rather than over think a strategy, here’s somewhere you should embrace being spontaneous as well as original. Try to avoid thinking about this girl, I know it won’t be easy, but hang out with friends, go and see a movie, distract yourself from thoughts of her and if you eventually bump into her, even if you stutter, she’ll recognize how she makes you feel, and if she happens to be a nice person, she’ll help you out. Even if it doesn’t work out for the first time, once you do it twice or thrice, you begin to notice improvement until you become a pro. Remember you’re trying to build confidence rather than trying to score.

“Workout, dress well & groom your hair”

https://sauceandsound.com/2018/06/20/how-to-overcome-your-fear-of-approaching-women/

exactly!!!
Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by WooTalks(f): 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
You have some great points. Whoever needs to learn the real secret, the book below is a must read. What is inside can't be found in a blog or on YouTube.

Thank me later. www.wetclef.com/topic467.html

Re: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Approaching Women by uninvited: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
milemimi93:

Have money and fear will disappear

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Man Spotted Rocking A Lady Backside On The Road, Climb On Top Her(video) / Guys, Let's Stop These Complains About Ladies. We Shud Act Not Talk / Nigeria Guy Flogged A Boy Who Slept With His Elder Sister (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.