Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,987 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

"We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr (30251 Views)

EA Sports Have Predicted Argentina To Win The World Cup / Achilles, The Psychic Cat Predicts Nigeria Will Beat Argentina / The Moment Croatia Beat Argentina To Give Nigeria Qualification Hope (Pic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Theophinio(m): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Almost impossible for Super Eagles to pick a point in that group
Hope you guys will dress up in Suit this time when you arrived back to Abuja shortly
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by wimbela: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2018
cheesy cheesy may be
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Ohraybs(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2018
Newsloft:
@NAIRATREND

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has put aside Nigeria’s shock 2-0 defeat in the hands of Croatia as he insists that Nigeria still has the chance of going through from Group D.

Nigeria occupy the last spot at the bottom of the Group but the German coach who blamed the defeat on defensive naivety from set pieces by Croatia said that Nigeria can roar back to reckoning by beating Iceland and seeing off Argentina in their last group game to go through.

‘’Everything is possible in football. “It’s important to make at least four points if you want to qualify,” Rohr added.

“We are only a point behind for the moment, nothing is lost and all is in our hands. “Let’s be positive, we have the youngest team at the World Cup, let them learn and try to do better. “We saw Iceland have a good game against Argentina, a very strong team, but we can also do better than what we did today (Saturday)..

“We have to win against Iceland but all is possible still. If we win the next game all is possible for qualification.”

GIST VIA -
https://nairatrend.com.ng/well-beat-iceland-argentina-to-qualify-rohr/

This man needs to be checked oh..... Still heard of Iceland, but Argentina, forget it oh....
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Teyjhiri(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2018
After breaking our hearts.....them better lose both matches cause i don play am for my slip
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by SmartyPants(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2018
psucc:
Any how he needs to stay positive to claim all his money.This guy is a joke. Nigerians are more interested in 2019 elections than he elusive world cup.

Guy pardon my curiosity...what does your moniker stand for?
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by potterdon: 11:23am On Jun 18, 2018
Future impossible tense. Please we will prepare u home-coming party no need to worry grin
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by cloudgroup(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2018
no let me do bad thing this morning.
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Haliraph(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2018
I think they've started giving him some Nigerian weed in camp.

Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by smat101(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2018
If you believe super Eagles will win this world cup please raise your hands up,OK now use that hand to knock your head for believing NONSENSE.
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Ndonu101: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2018
teepain:

When Keshi, Siasia, Oliseh handled the Super Eagles Nigerians were clamouring for a foreign coach. But now it is obvious that some of our indigenous coaches are better than these so called foreign coaches.

The trio I mentioned above are far better than this Rohr.

The man is clueless, for so long I wondered why it has to be echiejile or Idowu or Ola Aina as left back and asked if Nigeria has no left back on the whole local league

Well of course we do! That Ebube Duru or Ikouwem Utin that played against Atletico would have given us more going forward
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by jrklinz: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2018
After wat i saw wit germany & mexico any thing is possible in football.
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by maryalloy(f): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2018
we are watching
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by amazingspiderma: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2018
Instead of using Etebo in attacking midfield, he was using Mikel. A good coach will use this same team and make a better mark.

There something fishy about our selection and player positioning.

1 Like

Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Ndonu101: 11:48am On Jun 18, 2018
amazingspiderma:
Instead of using Etebo in attacking midfield, he was using Mikel. A good coach will use this same team and make a better mark.

There something fishy about our selection and player positioning.

Etebo can dribble, he can shoot

More dangerous than Mikel in the final 3rd
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by 2016easy2017: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Hyinkar97:
Wetin this man dey smoke?

chinese hemp
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by dumininu01(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2018
Dis team will find it difficult to win one match..
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Chibake(f): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2018
I pray so
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by enemyofprogress: 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
God punish you
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by aniyphil: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
. . .and Rohr continues to Roar like a wounded lion ! undecided

Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by no1madman(m): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Okkk

Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Andrez123(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
This Nigerian coach Rohr is a dreamer or he's drunk on russian vodka
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by opribo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
What are they still doing there, they should come back let us not waste any more money on them. The one they have played is enough for us to judge the outcome of the rest.
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by DateMynd44(m): 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
no1madman:
Okkk
mad man. So how that one take concern this topic now?
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by DateMynd44(m): 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Igbo populated team...
It's not their calling...

Populate the team with Hausa and Yoruba and see the result...

The coach should know that Igbos are good in taking drug cross countries...

Shiorrrrrr
honestly you're just jobless
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Rossikki: 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Admin401:
CAF and African teams really need to sit down and reevaluate their mission. Three games, zero goals scored, three defeats and two own goals doesn’t show me the continent has made any progress since the last edition of the World Cup. Poor and toothless all around. The continent produces so many quality individual players to keep performing this badly at the world stage. That to me just screams poor adminstration and management.

The fundamental issues remain the same decades after the Cameroon magic at 1990.

1) Continuing to hire second tier and journeymen European coaches who are typically in it for the retirement money and replaced after tournament. Try something else because that’s clearly not working, give home grown coaches a chance, get South American coaches who might be more stylistically similar or even pay up and get quality European coaches.

2) Team selections that have no rhyme or reason. The associations spend too much time scouting European born players who have no connection to the countries, rather than giving African based players a chance on meritocracy and assembling a squad based on fit for tactics and holistic style of play that a coach wants to execute.

What we see still is a collection of disorganized, unfocused, unmotivated players going through the motions for two weeks before they go off on holidays. These embarrassing results shouldn’t be acceptable for a continent that has produced ballon d’or winners and EPL POTYs.
Dude relax. They only played their first games. Most teams have a slow start at the WC. Look at Germany and Brazil yesterday. Support the African teams and save your essay till the tournament is over.
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Ayomaitama(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
You'll win Iceland and Argentina by pinning their stars down in box 18? Plz stop saying that your boys are the youngest in Russia. World Cup is not for kids. OK?
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by saintol(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
Iwo wi
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Icon79(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
This Rohr man is a joker .... a big one! He's always making this silly excuse of having the youngest team in the tournament. Somebody needs to tell him that quit making that silly excuses because it's becoming annoying. Instead of taking responsibility, he keeps deflecting with this silly excuse. Does he think that Nigerians are fools?

I still hope that we keep him to continue after the world cup regardless of how we end up in the end but I will definitely support his dismissal if he keeps playing us for a fool or something. All these having the youngest team crap is becoming old and very played out!

O pari
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
Unless you drug them.
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Danobal: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
No lai Mohammed bring this man
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Danobal: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
Na lai Mohammed bring this man
Re: "We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr by Promiseisaac(m): 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
rara oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa Did Ronaldo Celebration To Mock Morocco For Knocking Out Portugal / Cristiano Ronaldo Unfollows Real Madrid On Social Media / Osimhen's Replies Fan: I Get Coconut Head, I No Dey Hear Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.