Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen (630 Views)

Refutation On Sufi / Sufi Is A Religion Of Sufi NOT Islam / The Miserable SUFI And Their Sunnah Claimed Defenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by BetaThings: 11:40am On Jun 18, 2018
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2018/6/18/iran-hangs-sufi-over-alleged-killing-of-3-policemen

Iran has executed a Sufi man who allegedly rammed a bus into police officers as they tried to disperse a rally, killing three of them.

The official website of the judiciary said Mohammad Salas was hanged early Monday. Salas had testified in March that he was trying to get away from the clashes at the time.

The sole piece of evidence used to convict Salas was a forced confession after he was beaten by officers. He has then retracted his confession and said new evidence exonorated him.

Salas had said he awoke disoriented and drowsy while in custody to find an investigator beside him. He has limited literacy and was unable to read the statement confessing to the murders, Amnesty International reported.

The interrogation occurred without a lawyer present.

At the final trial session on 18 March 2018, Salas said he had been tortured while in custody. He said that several witnesses present confirmed he was already in jail when the three policemen were struck and killed.

Several eyewitneses were reportedly ready to give eyewitness testimonies supporting Salas' account. They said that a young man was the person behind the wheel of the bus, not 51-year-old Salas.

"In their haste to do justice, the authorities have trampled all over this man's rights," said Philip Luther, Research and Advocacy Director for the Middle East and North Africa at ‎Amnesty International, in a release.

The clashes broke out in February when supporters of Sufi leader Nourali Tabandeh rallied outside his home, fearing his possible arrest.

Security forces fired live ammunition, water cannons and tear gas to disperse the crowd
. The three officers - Reza Emami, Mohammad Ali Bayrami and Reza Moradi Alamdar - were killed around 6:30 pm. Salas was arrested between 2:30 and 4:30 pm, according to witnesses.

Iran's clerically overseen government frowns on Sufism, the mystical strain of Islam. Many conservatives view it as a deviation from the faith.

Rights groups say Iran is one of the world's leading executioners, and have repeatedly called on it to abolish the death penalty.
Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Empiree: 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
We need to be very careful in this tough times with the way media word their headlines. Most reports on this issue is reported by western media. They know Sufis have soft spot for Iran/shi'i. Be careful they might have bigger plan. Why not simply say "Iran hangs a man...." Mohammad Salas himself appears to be Iranian. And they got it wrong for saying Iran frowns at sufism and see it as "deviation". Now, this really tells me the media is on a mission. Sufism is alive in Iran very well for a long time. Not just in Iran but also in Shi'ism.

They might be trying to get sufis to clash with Iran/shi'i. That aside, I am not in position to verify details of this incident. But what is clear is that what they reported happened to Mohammad Salas is very well alive in western world. It is not new at all.This so called amnesty international are hypocrites. If they really care about human rights, Palestinians are there, kashmir are there Burmese are there but they prefer to cause schism among muslims. Don't fall for their antics.

The issue of Mohammad Salas is local one. So they should worry about important things and let human right groups in iran handle this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by AlBaqir(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
Empiree:

The issue of Mohammad Salas is local one. So they should worry about important things and let human right groups in iran handle this one.

# If Iran could allow Judaism, Christianity, Sabaeen and Zoroastrianism to practice their respective religion inside their places of worship, why will media portray Iran as if it's against Sufism. It's sick.

# Just like you have observed that Sufiism is also in Shiism, the Gonabadi Dervish followers are Shia Muslims, like the majority of Iranians, but they follow a mystical path and do not obey the country's official religious leaders.
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/iran-gonabadi-dervishes-long-history-persecution-180227193000395.html

# There are other Sufi orders in Iran with no qualms with the government.

# Anyway, that Sufi group is called Gonabadi Dervish group. They participated fully in the riot that happened recently. Police were trying to curb their excesses in setting public places ablaze, then they clashed with the Police. The man in question ran over and killed 3 Policemen and 2 other security officers injuring many others. How's that a process of trying to escape the riot scene? For a fact, Iranian Policemen don't use gun to combat local riots. They use water cannon and tear gas. So, what exactly was the man running away from with bus until he ran over 5 people and killed them?

Interestingly, if it is a criminal Shia that was hanged it will not be a selling headline. It's unfortunate that media is a means of propaganda and tool of establishing discord.

As per the International human rights, it is funny how they prefer to speak for the killer and not the killed. Were the killed not human and did not deserved "justice"? And why taking one side of the story to judge and bullshit the other? What sort of human rights is that?

1 Like

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Demmzy15(m): 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Empiree:
We need to be very careful in this tough times with the way media word their headlines. Most reports on this issue is reported by western media. They know Sufis have soft spot for Iran/shi'i. Be careful they might have bigger plan. Why not simply say "Iran hangs a man...." Mohammad Salas himself appears to be Iranian. And they got it wrong for saying Iran frowns at sufism and see it as "deviation". Now, this really tells me the media is on a mission. Sufism is alive in Iran very well for a long time. Not just in Iran but also in Shi'ism.

They might be trying to get sufis to clash with Iran/shi'i. That aside, I am not in position to verify details of this incident. But what is clear is that what they reported happened to Mohammad Salas is very well alive in western world. It is not new at all.This so called amnesty international are hypocrites. If they really care about human rights, Palestinians are there, kashmir are there Burmese are there but they prefer to cause schism among muslims. Don't fall for their antics.

alaraby isn't a Western news, I don't know why when you see news articles or posts that doesn't suite your narrative or position you automatically term them "western news". But I'm sure if it was Saudi Arabia that executed him, even if it's from the Israelis you'll pounce on it. The clarification by AlBaqir is kinda fair but yours doesn't make any sense at all!

Come up with something better as excuse not this "western news antics", it's nauseating and boring? angry undecided

3 Likes

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Empiree: 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Demmzy15:
alaraby isn't a Western news, I don't know why when you see news articles or posts that doesn't suite your narrative or position you automatically term them "western news". But I'm sure if it was Saudi Arabia that executed him, even if it's from the Israelis you'll pounce on it. The clarification by AlBaqir is kinda fair but yours doesn't make any sense at all!

Come up with something better as excuse not this "western news antics", it's nauseating and boring? angry undecided
Well, when i googled the title what came up from the first 10 on my search engine are Western media outlets. I only see abcnews, london mail etc. So keep guessing pal.

***modified***

Just researched again and i noticed the same. However, the top list says alarab.co.uk. Next after that are bunch of abcnew and another london new outlet then jakarta. The last result is Iran news media itself. Iran news simply says in the headline "Iran executed a man". It made no mention of any adjective next to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Demmzy15(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
Empiree:
Well, when i googled the title what came up from the first 10 on my search engine various are Western media outlets. I only see abcnews, london mail etc. So keep guessing pal.

***modified***

Just researched again and i noticed the same. However, the top list says alarab.co.uk. Next after that are bunch of abcnew and another london new outlet then jakarta. The last result is Iran new media itself. Iran new simply say in the headline "Iran executed a man". It made no mention of any adjective next to it.
Now check again, western news of course carried the news but the first to report wasn't them. https://www.google.com/search?q=Sufi+killed+in+Iran&client=ucweb-b&channel=sb

1 Like

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Empiree: 12:00am On Jun 19, 2018
Demmzy15:
Now check again, western news of course carried the news but the first to report wasn't them. https://www.google.com/search?q=Sufi+killed+in+Iran&client=ucweb-b&channel=sb
What do you want to achieve here though?. You can see most of the news outlet keep emphasizing "sufi" in the context.

From the link you provided goes thus

Europe new outlet

Miami Herald

Amnesty int.

Are the first 3 reporters

Next

rferl (whatever this is)

Miami herald

amnesty int.

reuters

haaretz

alaraby.uk

All these outlet emphasized on "sufi man killed.."

They have ulterior motives man. They wanna get sufi around the world to get emotional and start hating cheesy cheesy It won't work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by FriendNG: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 30, 2018
Shia killing sufi..

Awo ra wo ni..

Keferi ni awon mejeeji tele na
Re: Iran Hangs Sufi After 'unfair' Trial Over Killing Of 3 Policemen by Empiree: 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
Abuheekmat:
Shia killing sufi..

Awo ra wo ni..

Keferi ni awon mejeeji tele na

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Muslims Seek Support On Propagation Of Islam In South-east / Help Me Fight / Real Persecution Of Muslims In The West (not Fake Persecutionv By Lagoshia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.