Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? (38024 Views)

What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? / What Types Of Engineering Course That Will Make You Rich / 10-Hour Lecture In Engineering Course In AKSU Ahead Of Degree Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by Niyi74(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2018
Rhea:

Agricultural engineering. When you are done, borrow from a bank and start mechanized farming (cattle rearing combined with poultry farming). In 10 years, you will be rich enough to buy the bank and the university that trained you. The only application you will need to write after graduation is for a bank loan. No job hunting, no "I humbly apply" bull.shit.

The bolded part got me laughing hard grin. Seriously anyone intending to study engineering should go for a branch that he/she can easily build a business on. Someone highlighted how it is easy to go into consulting with a Civil Engineering degree and adequate post-graduate training and experience. Electrical Engineering is also a branch of engineering one can easily build businesses on. Agricultural Engineering however has the best prospect in terms of making one a multi-millionaire in 10years like you asserted. I wouldn't even advise an Agricultural Engineering graduate to go into farming directly. With a good loan the best aspect of Agricultural Engineering to invest on presently in Nigeria is Post-harvest Technology.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by Rhea(f): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
Niyi74:

The bolded part got me laughing hard grin. Seriously anyone intending to study engineering should go for a branch that he/she can easily build a business on. Someone highlighted how it is easy to go into consulting with a Civil Engineering degree and adequate post-graduate training and experience. Electrical Engineering is also a branch of engineering one can easily build businesses on. Agricultural Engineering however has the best prospect in terms of making one a multi-millionaire in 10years like you asserted. I wouldn't even advise an Agricultural Engineering graduate to go into farming directly. With a good loan the best aspect of Agricultural Engineering to invest on presently in Nigeria is Post-harvest Technology.

You have spoken with a lot of maturity and wisdom. The baby I was advising obviously assume I was making fun of him. But then, if everyone had the foresight to decipher and implement a good advice, the world would be full of millionaires. The richest people today are those that employ labour, not those queuing in line to get a 8-4 job. Nigeria will soon hit 200 million, and all those mouth will be fed one way or the other. Farmers have always been millionaires wherever you find them. But our shortsightedness prevents us from separating a farmer from the image of a man in rags with a how slung over his shoulder.

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by wowmagonline: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2018
My friends, the best engineering course in terms of job or employment opportunities is Mechatronics engineering. Although this course is not all that popular, in the next few years, I am sure that it will be the talk of the day.
You can read more about this here on: [url] https://www.wowmag.online/2018/11/Mechatronics-engineering-job-career-opportunities.html[/url]
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by ga6992: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2018
ogene007:

What do you see yourself doing in say ten years time? Answering such a question would help you in deciding. If your interest is in oil and gas, you should be looking at civil, EE, ME or chemical engineering. In addition, you should also be looking at geology and physics under the physical sciences. It is important to note that a professional masters degree is highly recommended such as IPS in Uniport.
If your interest is in telecoms, any of the engineering/physical sciences is more than appropriate. Here, you would need to undergo a lot of vendor/vendor non-specific trainings inorder to fit into the environment. Vendors here are Huawei, Alcatel/Nokia, Ericsson, Cisco,Juniper etc. Vendor non-specific are stuffs like Java, Python, and other languages that equip you with the skills for the value added services (VAS) section of the telecoms industry.

pls bro share more light... I'm currently reading telecommunications engineering in futminna...people re not even saying anything about it
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by ga6992: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
OfficialLordK:

ATBU Bauchi offers Mechatronics and System Engineering. In the whole of Nigeria that d only sch that take d course at undergraduate level,,proudly Balewite

futminna basu offers it too
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by ga6992: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Dahunsi228:
telecommunications engineering all the way
#I rep futminna#

I'm also telecoms....2017/18 set. what of u
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by Olufemisamuel: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
Normally, every engineering course is extremely valuable in terms of job opportunities and salary offer. But, the fact remains, there are some engineering course that is very well loaded than others.
What do I mean by that statement? There are some engineering discipline that is wide or broad in scope and yet becomes more valuable as the world (Nigeria is not an exemption) keeps experiencing a dramatic change.
These engineering disciplines include;
electrical electronics engineering
Chemical engineering
software engineering
However, the best engineering discipline is mechatronics engineering. Although this engineering discipline is an emerging one but in the next few years, it will be the talk of the day.
Read more;
https://careerquakers.com/what-do-mechatronics-engineers-do-salary-education/
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by hammedmuizlekan(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
pleased help me out i had an upper credit in metallurgical engineering for my OND and i love mechanical engineering and i want to do my DE to mechanical engineering or metallurgical engineering pls i dont know what to do, to continue with my metallurgical engineering or mechanical engineering plssss i need an advise..
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by na2016: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Guy go and read Mechatronics , EEE or Computer Science oo. Don't waste your money and time on any other engineering course oo
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 8:04am On Jan 25, 2020
MaziOmenuko:
Petroleum Engr and Petrochemical Engr is the worst course to study. Chemical Engineering beats the duo hands down. Why restrict yourself to petroleum when you can study chemical Engr and be more versatile in the chemical, oil and Petroleum sector?

There's nothing like 'best' Engr course to study; all Engr courses has their area of expertise. But instead of studying petroleum Engr and restricting your employability options, why not study chemical Engr and be versatile in both petroleum and chemical industries?
hmm... petroleum engineering is not that bad. thanks
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 8:06am On Jan 25, 2020
FrostyButter:
My area of expertise... It depends of what you want out of the course.

If you want to study a course that you would never be out of a job and very broad course that allows you to have a wide range of options of areas you want to focus on , then go for civil engineering(Unilag or covenant uni would be the best for this, preferably unilag if you want to go into structures-prof Oyekan... And CU if you want to go into geotech- the one and only prof. Akimusuru).

Also civil engineering is not a who know man kind of course for employment cause its very practical and no one is really concerned with your result from school but what you actually know.

But basically in Nigeria, no lecturer actually puts effort into teaching, so if you want to study a course that allows you to learn easily on your own without the aid of school and become a beast...then opt for computer engineering...(i advice CU and FUTA(though FUTA would be very frustrating but you would come out ok))

I dont advice chemical and pet for the simple reason, and I'm going to be blunt as a Nigerian, the industries that absorb graduates from these two courses are the "who know man".

As for mech... Dont think of studying it in Nigeria at all... I am talking from experience. Career wise.

Chao.
Chemical engineering is better to me
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by Olufemisamuel: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2020
Truth be told, Mechatronics engineering is the best engineering course in Nigeria and in the world. This single engineering discipline encompasses several other engineering practices and knowledge. It incorporates the core of mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer, and software engineering knowledge and practices to design and develop complex hybrid systems.
You can find out in details about mechatronics engineering @ https://careerquakers.com/what-do-mechatronics-engineers-do-salary-education/
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by Tohsynetita1: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
You can divide without calculator, check this
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? by Tohsynetita1: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Tohsynetita1:
You can divide without calculator, check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJNOx7BFYU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba / University Of Nigeria (UNN) Direct Entry Aspirant 2014/2015 - Let's Meet Here. / LAUTECH Students Involved In Motor Accident, 2 Students Confirmed Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.