Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily (13013 Views)

Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 / Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn / NNPC Spends N1bn Daily, Petrol Subsidy Hits N19.37/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Jokerman(m): 7:57am On Jun 19, 2018
fiizznation:
Yeah he did because Jonathan had partially removed it.

So why are they still paying for subsidy then??

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Quidquopro: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2018
This is quite disturbing.
Almost nothing has changed from the GEJ era.
Things only got worse, generally speaking.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by SalamRushdie: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2018
fiizznation:
Damn I remembered how that man said removing subsidy will save up about $8bn in a year. Funny; I guess we are still enjoying the post subsidy level(147pl) the Jonathan administration promised us.

Kai Jonathan!!! Lol

You will think that Nigerians are smart, but if you look at the things that happened before their very eyes without them even knowing shit, that's when you will know that Nigerians are not that smart.

The average IQ in Nigeria is 65

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by fiizznation: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2018
Esseite:

Have you forgotten Fuel price was even reduced to N86. When crude price dropped.

Now baru is telling us we consume twice more than we consumed in pre 2015 when we had no recession, unemployment and poverty level this high.. he pegged the increase on fuel diversion, now when do you think we had more fuel diversion? When crude was at $100 or at $74?

Their are some notions that are not defendable.
Fuel price was reduced; yes. But it wasn't reduced by the previous administration. Sir, I will put it to you that you didn't understand what baru was saying.

Go read it up again please
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by buhariguy(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2018
Paperwhite:
shocked shocked The Buhari-led APC regime is still looting Nigeria to stupor. undecided
the way your ineffectual buffoon looted us to stupor.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Adekdammy: 8:15am On Jun 19, 2018
Fake news, Buhari said subsidy does not exist na. Apc fake change

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2018
1StopRudeness:
Subsidy...??.do we still have this grammar in our Nigerian dictionary...

Shébi they said they've removed it..abi ....Is that not why we are buying fuel at 145/litre??

We have been scammed ooo??

Don't mind them

They have changed the name to "under servicing" and gagged the media not to discuss it

A good percentage of our population is docile and gullible, and that's how we were colonized in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by buhariguy(m): 8:22am On Jun 19, 2018
izombie:
They blamed it on the low price of fuel internationally so that nigerians would pay more. Now fuel price has gone up internationally and nigerians will soon start paying more.
what is the problem of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2018
izombie:
They blamed it on the low price of fuel internationally so that nigerians would pay more. Now fuel price has gone up internationally and nigerians will soon start paying more.

No matter what happens to international crude oil prices, fuel prices in Nigeria ALWAYS goes up

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by MaziOmenuko: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2018
Wow! That's huge. My problem is the way this is shrouded in secrecy. How come NNPC is still being run like a secret cult? No transparency, no accountability, who even chairs the board of the NNPC?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by izombie(m): 9:26am On Jun 19, 2018
buhariguy:
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra are not intelligent. Look at them .nobody is scamming anybody.
Baru is even blaming buhari for allowing Nigerians to still be buying at a fixed Price.
Baru also blamed custom for not doing their work.
And it is the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra that are still diverting the product due to their corruption tendency and greediness,
If you arrest them and shut down the borders.
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra will be shouting of margination and one sidedness.

Baru is paying from the gain he make before when crude was below 40 dollars.
If it was the era of ineffectual buffoon, you will be buying fuel at 300 naira without getting the fuel and the government will still pay 2.6 tr naira from budget for empty vessels by the corrupt jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra and their party PDP
we will never know what would've happened if jonathan is still in power because he's not in power, buhari is. What we do know is that nigerians are paying more for fuel now, buhari condemned subsidy but he is now paying double the amount that jonathan paid for subsidy. Please what concerns ipob with anything that has to with petrol in this country?

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by UncleJudax(m): 9:48am On Jun 19, 2018
izzou post grin=68616641:

Sarcasm did this to me. cool

Loosen up. The hardship reach my side sef wink
grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by obailala(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2018
As long as Nigeria continues in the foolish cycle of importing a product it should be producing, the vicious cycle of fuel subsidies eroding the nation's finances will continue.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by israelmao(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2018
Subsidy is a fraud according to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by CharleyBright(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2018
Buhari is running the most fraudulent govt ever in the history of Nigeria.
How is subsidy paid when it is not budgeted for?
I don't understand this useless Abracadabra govt o.
The more u look the less you see.
Come 2019, Buhari is not going to any Daura. He is heading straight to Kuje prison where he belongs.
No wonder he was ousted and sent to prison as Military Head of State.
It is a shameful tragedy that a Clueless sick Man is leading a Nation where there are brains abound.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by frankwyte: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2018
Where are those suffisticated PMB internet morons! Come and defend him.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Guycredit: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2018
Check my signature and feel free to call me.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by obailala(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2018
KratosCorp:
You did not mention that the subsidy under GEJ was also much lower and approved by the Senate.

Now what do we have under Mr. Integrity as the petroleum minister?

1) Crude oil price is lower than it was during GEJ era... but, yet.

2) Fuel price is almost doubled, .... and yet,

3) Subsidy is now more than doubled, shrouded in secrecy and is paid illegally without constitutional backing or national assembly approval.

Integrity my foot.

The answer to the question you raised above is very simple if you think about it with an open mind.

In 2012, oil price was around $100, the exchange rate was about N150/$ and landing cost of fuel was around N142.

Today, oil price is around $75, the official exchange rate is double what it was in 2012 at N305/$ and that explains why the landing cost of fuel is now about N205 now (instead of being lower than what it was in 2012 when oil price was higher).

I hope you now have your answer?

The vicious cycle of fuel subsidy payments would persist until Nigeria stops the foolish system of fuel importation using forex.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Respect55(m): 10:00am On Jun 19, 2018
Esseite:
GEJ... the closest we had to perfect...

Imagine at $74/b everyone is running around like headless chickens, but GEJ/okonjo controlled it at $100/b and holding dollar below N200, while we slept like babies..
I beg to differ. I think it's Yar'Adua

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by truthstands12: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2018
If a new government comes in 2019, we would be amazed at the level of corruption in this APC govt. That's why they are fighting tooth and nail to remain in power. Let's watch and see. Nigeria must be saved in 2019. Very terrible. Get your PVC. I have mine already.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 19, 2018
CharleyBright:

Buhari is running the most fraudulent govt ever in the history of Nigeria.
How is subsidy paid when it is not budgeted for?
I don't understand this useless Abracadabra govt o.
The more u look the less you see.
Come 2019, Buhari is not going to any Daura. He is heading straight to Kuje prison where he belongs.
No wonder he was ousted as sent to prison Military Head of State.
Apc..Chanjiiieeee!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Reference(m): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2018
grin hahahahahaha.....nice....
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Buharimustgo: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2018
Thieves.
Buhari is a saint indeed
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Splashme: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2018
AroOkigbo:
Can someone help me ask Buhari if he now believes in subsidy.
#2.4 BILLION DAILY!!

Corruption is really fighting back!!
SUBSIDY AND CORRUPTION
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by MRAKBEE(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2018
GMBuhari:
16 years divided by 5 that's 3.1

PDP had the opportunity to build 3 MEGA refineries i mean twice the size of Dangote's refinery @Lekki free zone at 5 years completion period

PDP had the money to finance the project too , But the fraud they and their flocks enjoyed with subsidy scam was so much better than actually improving the situation of the country to them

5 years interval each and it would have been byebye subsidy for at least 20 more years , but then ...

Shipping crude outside is not free, refining it is not free , re-importing finished goods is not free either as a matter of fact these costs have increased exponentially , the only reason why the subsidy cost is being monitored is because some people are calculating how much they'd have gained if Buhari had given every tommy dick and harry the chance to import directly

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by obailala(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2018
Esseite:

Have you forgotten Fuel price was even reduced to N86. When crude price dropped.

Now baru is telling us we consume twice more than we consumed in pre 2015 when we had no recession, unemployment and poverty level this high.. he pegged the increase on fuel diversion, now when do you think we had more fuel diversion? When crude was at $100 or at $74 with subsidy payments on both scenerio?

Their are some notions that are not defendable.
The exchange rate is the answer to your question; the exchange rate now is twice what it was in 2012 (N150/$ to N305/$), and consequently, the landing cost of fuel is twice what you would expect it to be when compared with figures from 2012.

I'm a bit confused at why this simple factor has evaded the minds of everyone dropping comments on this thread.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by udemzyudex(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2018
Maka why?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by dometome: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2018
proudly IPOB, the very pig you are hoping to get you to the semi-finals hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Reference(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2018
GMBuhari:
16 years divided by 5 that's 3.1

PDP had the opportunity to build 3 MEGA refineries i mean twice the size of Dangote's refinery @Lekki free zone at 5 years completion period

PDP had the money to finance the project too , But the fraud they and their flocks enjoyed with subsidy scam was so much better than actually improving the situation of the country to them

5 years interval each and it would have been byebye subsidy for at least 20 more years , but then ...

Shipping crude outside is not free, refining it is not free , re-importing finished goods is not free either as a matter of fact these costs have increased exponentially , the only reason why the subsidy cost is being monitored is because some people are calculating how much they'd have gained if Buhari had given every tommy dick and harry the chance to import directly

So after 3 years and with the next election looming where are the refineries of this change government. Even if it foundation laying ceremony.... none. Abeg go siddon. You can see that all the local refinery hot air of this government pre 2015 was merely smoke and mirrors. Please, try another angle.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by dometome: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2018
proudly IPOB, the very pig you are hoping to get you to the semi-finals hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily by Reference(m): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2018
obailala:
The exchange rate is the answer to your question; the exchange rate now is twice what it was in 2012 (N150/$ to N305/$), and consequently, the landing cost of fuel is twice what you would expect it to be when compared with figures from 2012.

I'm a bit confused at why this simple factor has evaded the minds of everyone dropping comments on this thread.

I see. But exchange rate was not a factor pre 2015. It was corruption then, now it is exchange rate... cheesy

Anyway I have said it. By 2019 everyone will be demystified.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Guber Poll: INEC To Relocate Polling Units fro Shrines, Churches, others / Nigeria Loses ₦247.61 Billion In 100 Days Of Twitter Suspension / "Fed Govt Will Redirect $800m Palliatives Cash" - Dapo Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.