Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust (33738 Views)

Subsidy: FG To Disburse 50,000 Naira Grants To Nigerians / Presidency Speaks On Buhari Using Recovered Loot To Fund Re-election / Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:58am On Jun 20, 2018
The Federal Government is making final preparation to disburse $322 million fund repatriated from the accounts of former Head of State, late General Sani Abacha in Switzerland to Nigerians.

The National Coordinator of the Open Government Partnership (OGP), Nigeria and Special Assistant to the President on Justice Reforms, Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu disclosed this recently in an interactive session with newsmen.

Ibekeaku-Nwagwu said under MoU with Switzerland the funds would be paid directly into the accounts of the poorest Nigerians through their various accounts for two years and identification numbers to be made available on the website being developed by the National Social Investment office and the World Bank.

She solicited the patience of Nigerians, explaining that the agencies working on the modalities would brief the public on June 28, adding that the process for the payment will be transparent for civil society and the media to monitor.

She said despite oppositions against the MoU from within and outside government, the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami (SAN) and his team have pursued President Muhammadu Buhari’s agenda of ensuring that the $322m was returned for deployment in the social safety nets project, which would make targeted transfers to the poor and vulnerable households.

“The poorest members of the community will be registered online, and before you make any payment, they must have an ID number so that every payment would be tracked. No amount will be paid out without a joint signature between Nigeria and the World Bank and without identification of individuals,” she said.

Ibekeaku-Nwagwu said President Buhari’s commitment to the Open Government Partnership during the London Summit in 2016 has enhanced transparency and accountability in government budgeting and contracting, adding that “If there is anything we have achieved its about getting Nigerian citizens to become conscious about what is happening with their money.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-to-disburse-322m-abacha-loot-to-nigerians-257150.html

3 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by mysteriousman(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2018
Online registration? Some ghost will receive payments. No matter what the Swiz authorities do no be Naija they will still look for a way to loot this same funds. We have seen how they have judiciously utilized the funds they have recovered before by making sure it disappears.
Why do people always rejoice at FTC

21 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Samusu(m): 6:22am On Jun 20, 2018
Abacha is surely richer than Dangote. Since 1999, Naija have been receiving Abacha funds in millions of Dollars.

The man really save for naija in case of rainy days

166 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Nancydearie(f): 6:28am On Jun 20, 2018
How do they intend to achieve that? Another looting on the way, which way Nigeria?

21 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Nbote(m): 6:30am On Jun 20, 2018
Hahahahaha... I swear dis govt is funny, I'm guessing it's jus d way "poor and vulnerable" Nigerians have been receiving #5000 too abi.. Wen was d "poorest" Nigerians list compiled and Wat were d criteria? Well na campaign season b dis so expect more of such lies.. A country dat doesn't have a database of its citizens wants to "share " money to dem... Deception at its peak..

omenkaLives:
I SMELL FRAUD!!

If this happens, I'd be highly disappointed in Baba. How dare they. What about using same to improve water supply in our rural areas, build skills acquisition centres for those who don't have the brain for formal education, give out soft loans to our teaming entrepreneurs, etc. Wouldn't these have a more positive impact on the lives of the beneficiaries?

Going ahead with their plan would create an avenue to reloot no less than 90% of the funds as it would take nothing to flood the database with identity of nonexistent persons. The Attorney General should really rethink this strategy before going ahead with it. Baba shouldn't even tinker with it in the first place!

If what happens exactly?? Are U unaware dey claim to be paying "poorest" Nigerians #5000 monthly?? D govt already is a fraud so let's stop pretending we don't know
GSA01:

Its not a fraud, it happens under the conditional cash transfer Programme, if you dont know you ask and stop misleading people,
The National Cash transfer programme provides targeted transfer to poor and is happening in 20 states, to 297,973 caregivers;do your research bro...

Oga read my post all over again and den provide ur research on d criteria for selection? Is it unemployed, pensioners owed years of benefits? Is it minimum wage earners of #18k in dis present economic dispensation? Why not use d said funds to clear backload of workers salaries, or Pension arrears, or put it into hospitals?? National Cash transfer my foot, dis is a clear avenue for fraud whether u want to admit or not..

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by dabeto: 6:34am On Jun 20, 2018
The Swiss gave a dullard this kind of dumb condition and he wants to comply and use the opportunity to deceive a docile nation to siphon the money back. To suggest that we invest the money in developmental infrastructure is to also tow the part of what is known that the money will go back into pockets. This is a shythole country.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by chriskosherbal(m): 6:40am On Jun 20, 2018
Nbote:
Hahahahaha... I swear dis govt is funny, I'm guessing it's jus d way "poor and vulnerable" Nigerians have been receiving #5000 too abi.. Wen was d "poorest" Nigerians list compiled and Wat were d criteria? Well na campaign season b dis so expect more of such lies.. A country dat doesn't have a database of its citizens wants to "share " money to dem... Deception at its peak..
hmmm I don't think you are far from the koko grin cheesy ...if you know you know.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by omenkaLives(m): 6:41am On Jun 20, 2018
Ibekeaku-Nwagwu said under MoU with Switzerland the funds would be paid directly into the accounts of the poorest Nigerians through their various accounts for two years and identification numbers to be made available on the website being developed by the National Social Investment office and the World Bank
I SMELL FRAUD!!

If this happens, I'd be highly disappointed in Baba. How dare they. What about using same to improve water supply in our rural areas, build skills acquisition centres for those who don't have the brain for formal education, give out soft loans to our teaming entrepreneurs, etc. Wouldn't these have a more positive impact on the lives of the beneficiaries?

Going ahead with their plan would create an avenue to reloot no less than 90% of the funds as it would take nothing to flood the database with identity of nonexistent persons. The Attorney General should really rethink this strategy before going ahead with it. Baba shouldn't even tinker with it in the first place!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by lagdmark(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2018
Nancydearie:
How do they intend to achieve that? Another looting on the way, which way Nigeria?
This is another campaign scamming, the money will be paid after election they promise as usual.

1 Like

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by papoudaupolos: 6:57am On Jun 20, 2018
W
Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by wiridina: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2018
pls expantiate on how we can benefit from this and at least how much we could get.i know our population is nt up 2 $300 mil

2 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by gratiaeo(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2018
The way Buhari is liking Abacha don't be surprise this money will end up in Abacha family

2 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by olaniputu: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
I SMELL FRAUD!!

[/s]
claptrap trash
Stop repeating yourself
old junkies everywhere

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

Thanks for sharing

Is this a joke?

How many of the "poorest Nigerians" even have bank accounts?

@presidency, how about investing in improving the environment that keeps them in the poor state?

6 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by wiridina: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2018
omenkaLives:
I SMELL FRAUD!!

baba, abeg na lie,so if they dnt share d money,they wont reloot it abi.we dnt want any amenities,dat z wat dey v bin doing since independence and we are still where we are.let dem share d money so we knw we also got smtin even if it 5k subscription dan promisd amenities

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by roundman: 7:27am On Jun 20, 2018
They should have just done this like udojji award,every nigerian should benefit from it simple.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Paperwhite(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2018
No! This is not looted funds because "Abacha didn't stole a dime" says the hypocrite called Buhari.And the useless man have refused to apologize to Nigeria for this silly infamous statement Shameless bigot, fraudster & terrorist. angry

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by OfficialAPCNig: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2018
Which Abacha again?
I thought His Excellency said Abacha did not steal anything?
Believe this change at your own peril.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Ziggylady(f): 7:45am On Jun 20, 2018
'Distribute Abacha loot' how and to who?..What sort of broadday robbery is this? .I dont know whether this buhari/APC are cursed with stupidity or something,like where did these folks come from?..They just keep getting worse every single day.

Ironically some moronss will hail this move...tagging it as buhari 'working

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Decency1984(m): 7:50am On Jun 20, 2018
pls expantiate on how we can benefit from this and at least how much we could get.i know our population is nt up 2 $300 mil

Bros the registration has been going on since last year. I was registered in December last year and they brought another form last month which we submitted 4 passport to them. I am reporting from Benue state.

If you haven't registered try to ask people around you

3 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by MaziOmenuko: 7:56am On Jun 20, 2018
The poorest members of the community will be registered online, and before you make any payment, they must have an ID number so that every payment would be tracked. No amount will be paid out without a joint signature between Nigeria and the World Bank and without identification of individuals,” she said.

Poorest Nigerians don't have access to internet; they barely have an ID number and most likely, will not get to know about this news.

Unless of course you will be paying the money to them by proxy

6 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Omeokachie: 8:04am On Jun 20, 2018
Watch as everybody in Katsina becomes one of the "poorest" in the country.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by wonuks(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2018
We can't even help ourselves any longer. What a failed state

Still looking for a beautiful and mobile friendly website design for your business or organization? No advanced payments required. Check my signature. Only serious people please*
Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by obi4eze(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2018
angry
I thought Buhari said that Abacha never stole.
Where did they get the loot from?
Buhari is definitely a scam to himself and to all Nigerians. He will definitely scam himself out of power.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by alsudaes1(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2018
Why not invest on capital projects

Or better still use it to produce free prepaid metres for as many Nigerians as possible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by omooba969(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2018
Lol grin grin grin. That makes every Nigerian a looter coz they will be extending the sharing of the loot to the common man and that makes all of us looters.

1 Like

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by oluwasegun007(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Please, where can we submit our account and BVN number

3 Likes

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by airminem(f): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Abacha loot abi all previous government loots.... SMH share it to the relooters
Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by 400billionman: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2018
cool Abacha did not STOLE.

1 Like

Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Boyooosa(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Why?
Re: FG To Disburse $322m Abacha Loot To Nigerians - Daily Trust by Igba123: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Poorest nigerians?? More like giving it to buhari relatives here in katsina. Ppl who begged to sustain themselves b4 buhari presidency now changing cars like undies. Buhari is a scamm. A conman extraordinaire.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borel Teguia Invents Solar Drone To Fight Boko Haram / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Allegation That Her Husband Stole From The NHIS / Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.