Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing (25535 Views)

Advice Needed: Prepaid Meter Or Estimated Billing? / Reps Pass Bill Criminalising Estimated Billing / Help With PHCN Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by czarina(f): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2019
Donkaz:

Visit their main office at ahmadu Bello way, you'll get sorted out quickly. Avoid their branches offices.

We paid 15k for ours, while the branch at gada biu were requesting for 35k. You might even get yours free of charge,not sure tho cos ours is a replacement for a damaged one.

The branch in charge of prepaid meters is the one at tudun wada opposite country home hotel, you can also visit them.
They also consider if you always pay your bills.

Having a very good story why you badly need the meter helps too.
Good luck.
Hi....saw your comment on this thread. You still live in Jos right? Can I contact about the metre? I have questions. Been trying to get mine from some marketers and staff but the price has been outrageous
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by Donkaz(m): 8:02am On Jan 24, 2019
czarina:
Hi....saw your comment on this thread. You still live in Jos right? Can I contact about the metre? I have questions. Been trying to get mine from some marketers and staff but the price has been outrageous

you can send a PM
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by czarina(f): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2019
Donkaz:

you can send a PM
I will. Thanks
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by joyousmother2016: 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
Donkaz:

you can send a PM

Hi, I saw your comment here and decided to contact you. Is it true that the new Meter cannot be moved within the same area or neighbourhood when one is moving into a new apartment?

2) I just moved to fototek from Lamingo road and my old meter wasn't change, how can I apply for the new meter? I haven't installed the old meter but it's still with me.

Please advice on the way forward.
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by Donkaz(m): 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
joyousmother2016:

Hi, I saw your comment here and decided to contact you. Is it true that the new Meter cannot be moved within the same area or neighbourhood when one is moving into a new apartment?

2) I just moved to fototek from Lamingo road and my old meter wasn't change, how can I apply for the new meter? I haven't installed the old meter but it's still with me.

Please advice on the way forward.

I'm not sure the new meter can be moved, I might be wrong tho

To apply for a new meter you can get in touch with the marketer in charge of your area or better still go to their head office at ahmadu Bello way.
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by joyousmother2016: 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
Donkaz:

I'm not sure the new meter can be moved, I might be wrong tho

To apply for a new meter you can get in touch with the marketer in charge of your area or better still go to their head office at ahmadu Bello way.

I was at the JEDC Ahmadu Bello way, today and they referred me back to TT & T branch since my new area falls in there.

I went there and the customer care officer referred me to Murtala Mohammed way, branch to ask about a change of my old meter and also ask if i would be able to move it, since I would only be there for 6 months.
I haven't gone to the Murtala Mohammed branch. Would be there tomorrow God's willing.
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by Donkaz(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
joyousmother2016:

I was at the JEDC Ahmadu Bello way, today and they referred me back to TT & T branch since my new area falls in there.

I went there and the customer care officer referred me to Murtala Mohammed way, branch to ask about a change of my old meter and also ask if i would be able to move it, since I would only be there for 6 months.
I haven't gone to the Murtala Mohammed branch. Would be there tomorrow God's willing.

That was how they kept refering me up and down.
Your issue is not too much of a big deal so it should be handled quickly
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by Emmerlee(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
Guys just a small update.. I have a prepaid meter now, installed sometime in late February I think. The struggle paid off eventually but the price for winning the battle was pretty high.. Let's not stop talking about injustice, together we will achieve a lot more.

1 Like

Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by Luggard: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
At last, congrats, man.

1 Like

Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by odimbannamdi(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
CrazyRichNig:
Stop paying! They brought bill for everyone in my street, the lowest was 30k. We all decided not to pay. They came to disconnect the light yesterday, we even gave them Coke to drink. After they left, we connected it back. Na so we go do until they bring prepaid meter. Rubbish!

How the matter come end?
Re: My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing by Whois(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
odimbannamdi:

How the matter come end?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.