Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? (854 Views)

Policewoman Carries Bottled Drink For This Lady (Photo) / Which Newspaper Carries The Most Sensationally False Story In Nigeria? Sahara? / D-Day For Mimiko & Agagu - Who Carries The Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? by ePAYSYSTEM(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2010
If you read papers these days, you'll observe that some Newspapers, Magazines, bulletines, etc are embedded in falsehood. Some are owned by certain politicians to sell false information or alerm to the public and the governemnt stand aloof.

Have you ever read a paper and find such lies? Did you observe its the same on regular bases for the same paper? Are their those you'll love to petronize even with your last kobo because there's always the truth inside?

Lets get your experience!
Thanks!
Re: Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? by Jarus(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
Not very impressed with the title of this thread. Something Like 'Most Trustworthy/Objective and Least Trustworthy/Objective Newspapers in Nigeria' seems more like it.

That said, currently, as has been the case in the last four months, I buy and read The Nation daily, not because they are the most objective as I'm aware it's a pro-AC, pro Tinubu paper, but because of their back page commentariat(Segun Gbadegesin, Dare Olatunji, Mohammed Haruna, Gbenga Omotosho and Marijata). Being a former writer for their CampusLife pages and close friend of their CampusLife editor, I don't miss the paper's campusLife on Thursdays, another reason I buy the paper.

I also read The Sun, ThisDay, Daily Trust quite regularly, and less regularly, Next, Guardian and Punch.

The Nation praise-sings Tinubu too much for my liking, likewise Kalu-owned The Sun.

Despite being owned by a PDP opportunist, ThisDay still tries to be objective and I think the man gives the Simon Kolawoles, Ijeoma Nwogwugwus, Yusuph Olaniyonus freehands. The paper bashes PDP despite the hobnobbing of its owner with PDP chiefs. I will give it to ThisDay in terms of objectivity, closely followed by Guardian despite being owned by Ibru. Next is also trying.
Re: Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2010
The Sun news paper like it's UK counterpart is sensationally ridiculous with its brand of journalism

I remember a robbery that took place in a popular church in Lagos

the next day I stumbled across the sun newspaper I was left spellbound as most of the stories written were fallacies and utter tosh.
Re: Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? by Mobinga: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ridiculous Title!!! Gosh!! angry angry angry

Truth- The Guardian
Lie - The Sun

The sun is especially annoying.
Re: Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? by Osama10(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2010
The most lie is THISDAY.

The most truth is GUARDIAN.
Re: Which Nigerian Paper Carries The Most Lie And Which Carries The Most Truth? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2010
Guardian without question is the most reliable. Next is trying to meet up and their style is really unique. They've upped the bar in Nigerian Journalism. Thisday is also good. They are very professional.
I like Vanguard for some very odd reasons. wink

Sun and Dailytrust have the worse possible form of journalism. Sun is a pathethic lie monger. Dailytrust promotes tribalism at its finest. Very shameful.

(1) (Reply)

Hitv Vs Dstv / Soyinka Evades Birthday Reception At ‘fela! On Broadway’ ! / News Release: Mend Alerts On Bomb At Nigeria’s Golden Jubilee Celebration Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.