Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53758 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by THEAMAKA(f): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
ALL I KNOW IS THAT MY BABY OSAZE PETER ODEMWINGIE IS FINE AND ALL MINE!!! (my new heartthrob)
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

man that game pissed me off anyway  angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
it was a pity bt all hope is nt lost
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
Let me just use dis medium 2 apologize 4 my behavior d other time!

It's obvious I was in a horrible mood!

Didn't mean 2 be discriminatory, so sowie!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by okwuoc: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2010
To say that what happened today btw Nig & Greece was disappointing is a huge understatement. But I ask, should we have expected more? Wouldn't you be disappointment & sad if a student,  who didn't study, passes excellently in an exam. Why should the Super Eagles be any different? No serious preparation "plus including" the fact that we had no point-man but had plenty of skill-less, inept, and unintelligent players.

Basically, Nigerian's performance so far in this 2010 world cup is a mirror image expression of the state of the Nigerian society where mediocrity is celebrated and the highest motivation is the acquisition of wealth.

Someone asked if we were cursed? The answer is NO!!!! If we were, then God wouldn't have saved us from Abacha, Tsunamis, etc. The fact is that we would continue to fumble until we decide to get it right as a people beginning with you & I in our various fields of endearvor.

Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by deeboiz: 12:27am On Jun 18, 2010
Sani kAITA IS making international news bearly 10 hrs after a shameful act. Read more here

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Kaita-s-red-card-could-be-this-World-Cup-s-worst?urn=sow,249204

Let go celtics
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by CLT123(m): 12:30am On Jun 18, 2010
I skipped classes to watch Nigeria qualify for the World Cup and the repay me back by playing like chickens.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Mayoks(m): 12:35am On Jun 18, 2010
uselss kaita

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Mayoks(m): 12:55am On Jun 18, 2010
useless kaita

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Jun 18, 2010
CarlosVent:

it was a pity bt all hope is nt lost

Please, deliver this advice to users in the religion board cause as far the Sports section is concerned the Super Chickens are done. . .

What kind of a team kicks the ball around their own goal post instead of shooting it as far as they can from their goal post.

Sorry but from what I have seen so far, the super chickens weren't even prepared for the world cup talk less of winning a match

They played like real kids.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:04am On Jun 18, 2010
Nothing will change unless we start hiring our own local coaches
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by iphy42: 1:19am On Jun 18, 2010
Local coaches is not the solution but LONG TERM PREPARPTION. The players have stayed together for just abt one month. what do you expect. Meanwhile WETIN KANU STILL DEY DO THERE. UNPERFORMING CAPTAIN
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 1:20am On Jun 18, 2010
yobo is prolly being realistic. the team is undermanned and unfit at this point. patch patch no dey last.
i would expect my team captain to bottle up his doubt and summon some courage in his team.   you may not qualify but go out with class.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:30am On Jun 18, 2010
iphy42:

Local coaches is not the solution but LONG TERM PREPARPTION. The players have stayed together for just abt one month. what do you expect. Meanwhile WETIN KANU STILL DEY DO THERE. UNPERFORMING CAPTAIN

What do you mean by that? Do you think these oyinbo coaches who have no allegiance to our country will help us win? We already have local coaches like Siasia and Obuh who have shown they can coach at a world stage. Why keep hiring these oyinbo coaches?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:31am On Jun 18, 2010
Siasia and Obuh have never taken unfit players to a competition. How do you expect to win when more than half of the team is unfit?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:48am On Jun 18, 2010
THE AMAKA:

ALL I KNOW IS THAT MY BABY OSAZE PETER ODEMWINGIE IS FINE AND ALL MINE!!! (my new heartthrob)
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

man that game pissed me off anyway  angry

whatever! If Osaze approached you today you won't know what to do with yourself, and you will probably make shakara like your colleagues!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by hbrednic: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2010
mama-gee:

Please, deliver this advice to users in the religion board cause as far the Sports section is concerned the Super Chickens are done. . .

What kind of a team kicks the ball around their own goal post instead of shooting it as far as they can from their goal post.

Sorry but from what I have seen so far, the super chickens weren't even prepared for the world cup talk less of winning a match

They played like real kids.

stop insulting real kids grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by TruMantra(m): 2:08am On Jun 18, 2010
Now we're down to permutation and computation. What a pity.
Here is my analysis of today's happenings.

1. The NFF is culpable because of the poor planning for this tournament but can you point to any sector in Nigeria where planning is taken seriously and seen as the proactive activity that it is meant to be? We have elections in 7 months and have only just appointed an INEC chairman. Voters have not even been registered. Let's not go there though.

2. The coach is culpable. The boys have played without passion or drive all through this tournament and it's the job of the coach to provide motivation. We lost to a 10 man Ghana and their team was made up of youngsters so I know that it can be done. The SE could have at least drawn the game if they didn't just sit back and allow the Greeks throw everything plus the kitchen sink at them. Kai, we gave Greece so much space that they started looking like they were playing good football!

3. The players are culpable. Kaita is a professional. He plays football for a living. This is how he feeds his family. His behaviour was unacceptable because he should have known better. Haruna hasn't lived up to expectations. He doesn't hold the ball and make splitting passes. Our mid field was non-existent. Still, the goal was not his fault. Osaze was disappointing today. The misses by the other players can be blamed on no one but them. Most of all though, none of the players took the game upon himself. In game 5 of the current NBA finals, Kobe took it upon himself to make a difference. the Lakers lost but his effort was appreciated. With the Nigerian team, save for Enyeama and "maybe" Uche we have nothing to appreciate.

4. Finally, WE are culpable! Even after we exit the tournament, WE will not mount pressure on the government to sack the entire NFF. We will not pick up placards and picket the Glass House. We will not write petitions to the sports minister asking for heads to roll. We will do what we do best. We will forget and allow the cycle start all over again.

Some part of me is praying that Argentina beats Greece black and blue and that we win the match against S. Korea but another voice in my head tells me that if we lose to S. Korea with a really wide margin, it might be the last straw that breaks the camel's back and starts us off in a new direction.

We shall see.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by afiamanu(f): 2:27am On Jun 18, 2010
The last goal was offside; these linesmen aren't doing their job and thats what happened and Khune from SA got a red card
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 18, 2010
Today is the worst day ever.

So disappointed mehn.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Krayola(m): 3:13am On Jun 18, 2010
Kaita is the most hated Nigerian right now. Sucks to be him. Lonely lonely world he lives in now. grin Make the guy no just kill himself sha.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 18, 2010
Krayola:

Kaita is the most hated Nigerian right now. Sucks to be him. Lonely lonely world he lives in now. grin Make the guy no just kill himself sha.

What mistake did he make on the field? I havent watched the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Krayola(m): 3:23am On Jun 18, 2010
He didn't make a mistake. . . His existence is a mistake. The guy dey try kick player in front of global audience. shocked U haff to see to beliff this wan. It was very spectaculous
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbX5sLCey0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tpiah: 3:27am On Jun 18, 2010
he's got quick reflexes- he just needs to know when to use them, and in the right manner.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:38am On Jun 18, 2010
KaHITa is a madman . . .I never liked him anyway!

His sacrelegious act has made Etuhu look saintly . . .bloody lowlifes !

Even that ediotic Rabiu Afolabi na impending calamity !

Yobo should f.ck off with his stewpid assinine buccal ejaculations . . . KEN SARO WIWA WAS A GOOD LEADER .
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 18, 2010
Krayola:

He didn't make a mistake. . . His existence is a mistake. The guy dey try kick player in front of global audience. shocked U haff to see to beliff this wan. It was very spectaculous
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbX5sLCey0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Thanks. wtf? shocked

hahaha, typical naija men and their anger management grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:44am On Jun 18, 2010
Shut ur kaitaphic mouth there b4 I kiss u silly !
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Shut your kaitaphic mouth there b4 I kiss u silly !
Another kaita on the loose.

I like the way he raised his hands to the back of his head. I can imagine him thinking "mogbe!" cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Krayola(m): 3:52am On Jun 18, 2010
FL Gators:

I like the way he raised his hands to the back of his head. I can imagine him thinking "mogbe!" cheesy

Haha. . . mogbe!!! . Awon area boys ma Lu mi pa ti n ba ti dele. Chei, make I use shirt cover face so mAYbe dem no go recognize me.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 18, 2010
Krayola:

Haha. . . mogbe!!! . Awon area boys ma Lu mi pa ti n ba ti dele. Chei, make I use shirt cover face so mAYbe dem no go recognize me.
lol kilo se fun won? abi o jo kaita ni? tehehe

omo, take me with you. I want to go home too
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 18, 2010
Oh I got it now. ahaha, am slow grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by THEAMAKA(f): 4:16am On Jun 18, 2010
Princek12:

whatever! If Osaze approached you today you won't know what to do with yourself, and you will probably make shakara like your colleagues!
HELL YEAH! I wouldn't know what to do with myself.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
*dreaming* I know we're gonna meet one day, one day.
(if only dreams could become realities)
  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Pweety4me(f): 4:33am On Jun 18, 2010
Krayola:

cheesy grin

Seriously dat Kaita or wateva is 1 hell of a bagga how can u be so st.upid?Gosh man! angry lolz did u see d man in d audience behind when Kaita kicked d footballer player d 1 dat made a movement wif his hand i can imagine him saying in a african/nigerian accent "Wat Are You Doin" grin embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Celebrates Leicester City's FA Cup Win With Nigerian Flag / Paul Pogba And Zulay, His Wife Welcome Third Child / Jim Ratcliffe Is 'Interested In Buying Chelsea'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.