Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53754 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
Dauchman:

Lagerbeer would be wondering why the hell he came to caoch Super Chickens

why he is enjoying the hot pepper soup serve at the glass house
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lagerback took unfit players in the persons of uwa echejile, taiye taiwo and some others to the world cup thereby keeping himself in a tight position.

Lagerback is to be crucified.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ziga: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
@mikeansy

your analysis was perfect.

The Naija team was a disaster waiting to happen. it was only a matter of time for someone to make a mistake. That someone could have been any of the players on the pitch, or even Coach lagerback himself.

Unfortunately (fortunately for some people here), it was kaita.

And who is to blame for this awful perfomance? Most of the blame goes to the NFF, poor preparation, planning, organization, decisions.

So, abeg, make una no kill kaita. If he wasn't good enough, the blame still ultimately goes to the NFF, they hire a coach a few weeks to world cup, he doesn't have enough time to really know his players, he goes along with the same old team, and no matter what his technical abilities, he couldn't have prevented kaita or any of the other 10 players from making a mistake.

Heck, all the goals we conceived were due to mistakes from somebody!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
[center]SACK LAGERBACK, DISBAND THE TEAM, EMPLOY SAMSON SIASIA AND LET'S REBUILD WITH THE BETTER PLAYERS FROM OUR U-17 AND U-21 TEAMS!!![/center]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2010

SACK LAGERBACK, DISBAND THE TEAM, EMPLOY SAMSON SIASIA AND LET'S REBUILD WITH THE BETTER PLAYERS FROM OUR U-17 AND U-21 TEAMS!!!

he has a contract to the end of July sack or no sack his money would be COMPLETE not a penny less
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

Lagerback took unfit players in the persons of uwa echejile, taiye taiwo and some others to the world cup thereby keeping himself in a tight position.

Lagerback is to be crucified.

not supported.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by youngbest(m): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
i dont tink lagerbeer was d problem
after d boiz scored d second goal deey swithched off,
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bodejohn(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback has revealed his disappointment with this side’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Greece today, bemoaning the lack of communication between coaches and referees following Sani Kaita’s red card.

“It is difficult. Maybe I have been in this business too long,” the 61-year-old Swede told a press conference.

“I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication between us and the referee. We were not allowed to speak to them and ask why Kaita was sent off.”

The Super Eagles took a first half lead when Kalu Uche's free kick crept in at the far post but goals from Dimitrios Salpingidis and Vasilis Torosidis left Nigeria with a mountain to climb in order to achieve qualification from Group B.

All I can do is congratulate Greece, they scored two and we scored only one,” Lagerback continued.

“We have to take this and restart tomorrow. The sending off was hugely important. Under the circumstances I am proud of the way we played with one man down.

“The ball seems to be moving a bit strangely, but it is the same for both teams so it doesn't matter,” he added, alluding to the mistake from his goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama that gifted Greece the winning goal
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
youngbest:

i dont tink lagerbeer was d problem
after d boiz scored d second goal deey swithched off,

supported
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by McKren(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

I concur.

and all of u talking rubbish about Lagerback need to get a dog to screw !

Lagerback was never resposnible for that nincompoop KaHITa's moronic lash-out, was he ?

he held Obasi's leg from scoring ?

he hypnotised Osaze from coming to the field ?

was he foolish to have included Haruna who MISTAKENLY deflected into his own net ?

it must have been Lagerback that instructed TT and MORE ANNOYINGLY ECHEJILE to get injured and in the process wasting our SUBTITUTION OPTIONS ?

I weep for Naija . . .

Kaita should NEVER play for the SE again, but history might make him the gem of the next SE team just the way LUKMAN HARUNA still found his way into the SE after his MEMORABLE bleed UP at EGYPT  cry  cry

Where is Sagamite to gloat his stewpid mouth off ?  undecided

what did your largeback do to defend the 1-0 goal advantage? did he make any tactical subs when Kaita got a red card? would it have been helpful to sub one of the attack minded players for Ayila to close he midfield? What did Lagerback do to justify his mega wage in this match?

Mourinho defended 10 mmen against Barcelona in Camp Nou why cant Lagerback defend our 1 goal or at least have a maximum of 1 -1 in South Africa against a hopeless greek team?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by McKren(m): 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2010
Largerback should do us all a favour now and resign now!!!!!!!!!!

Eguaveon can continue from where he stopped in the remaining match against South Korea
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2010
bodejohn:

Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback has revealed his disappointment with this side’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Greece today, bemoaning the lack of communication between coaches and referees following Sani Kaita’s red card.

“It is difficult. Maybe I have been in this business too long,” the 61-year-old Swede told a press conference.

“I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication between us and the referee. We were not allowed to speak to them and ask why Kaita was sent off.”

The Super Eagles took a first half lead when Kalu Uche's free kick crept in at the far post but goals from Dimitrios Salpingidis and Vasilis Torosidis left Nigeria with a mountain to climb in order to achieve qualification from Group B.

All I can do is congratulate Greece, they scored two and we scored only one,” Lagerback continued.

“We have to take this and restart tomorrow. The sending off was hugely important. Under the circumstances I am proud of the way we played with one man down.

“The ball seems to be moving a bit strangely, but it is the same for both teams so it doesn't matter,” he added, alluding to the mistake from his goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama that gifted Greece the winning goal

good sport man
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
what did your largeback do to defend the 1-0 goal advantage? did he make any tactical subs when Kaita got a red card?

You dont need to take anyone off just re-arrange, he went 2 banks of 4s but with one man disadvantage at high alititude you would surely be tired
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
what did your largeback do to defend the 1-0 goal advantage? did he make any tactical subs when Kaita got a red card? would it have been helpful to sub one of the attack minded players for Ayila to close he midfield? What did Lagerback do to justify his mega wage in this match?
Mourinho defended 10 mmen against Barcelona in Camp Nou why cant Lagerback defend our 1 goal or at least have a maximum of 1 -1 in South Africa against a hopeless greek team?

The most respected coach in Europe is probably Ferguson, What did he do when Rafael got a red card vs Bayern in the second half, He lost Not to talk of Nigeria who got a red card in the first half
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by AjanleKoko: 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lars Lagerback, from what I've seen to far, is far better than anything we have to offer locally.

I won't even bother to elaborate. Anyone who thinks otherwise is free to dream on.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
McKren:

Largerback should do us all a favour now and resign now!!!!!!!!!!

Eguaveon can continue from where he stopped in the remaining match against South Korea

stop being funny and grow up
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
When a fool opens his mouth even the deaf shake head in disbelief

LAGERBACK is a big fool, ode to the power of 4. Look at what he said that there is no communication between the coach and referee to know why KEITA was sent off. It is now am knowing the calamity that befell us as a nation when this pensioner was hired.

You mean LAGERBACK said he was proud of the way his boys played even with one man down. This man has nothing to offer.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Lars Lagerback, from what I've seen to far, is far better than anything we have to offer locally.

I won't even bother to elaborate. Anyone who thinks otherwise is free to dream on.

lagerback has not done badly at all, nobody should blame the man
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2010
I think I just shioited on myself when I saw this score.

Are you fcuuking kidding me?!

Nigerians, ALWAYS disappointing me. Gosh.

Cant you Nigerian men do sth that will make me proud for once. Got to watch this match on ESPN later, wanna see how this sissies wre playing on the freaking field.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

When a fool opens his mouth even the deaf shake head in disbelief

LAGERBACK is a big fool, ode to the power of 4. Look at what he said that there is no communication between the coach and referee to know why KEITA was sent off. It is now am knowing the calamity that befell us as a nation when this pensioner was hired.

You mean LAGERBACK said he was proud of the way his boys played even with one man down. This man has nothing to offer.

stop calling that man names u hear
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
dayokanu:

The most respected coach in Europe is probably Ferguson, What did he do when Rafael got a red card vs Bayern in the second half, He lost Not to talk of Nigeria who got a red card in the first half

u dey mind these yeye armchair analysts ?

as if say na all teams get players with that kain mental strenght . . . angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

the team should have being up 2-1 even while one man down. i don't see how anyone can blame the coach or NFF over how the last 60 mins transpired.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
The NFF chose the COACH who chose the players. Its a pity we are so laid back and used to mediocrity; just see what Mexico is doing to France right now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
I honestly do not expect much reasoning from anyone who has a stake in the fraud involved in Lagerback hiring.

After loosing 2 out of 3 group games so far,  some think Largerback has done well  grin grin grin.

I can only ask you guys what bottom line is? please what is failure for you guys? and what was the point of paying so much for a coach but setting the standards so low? If all we are doing in this world cup is to make up the numbers then you guys should justify Lagerback's huge salary?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=24pt]just got of phone with one of my good pal at the NFA, guess what, sack letter being prepared as usual for the superchicken coach[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
How can anyone even blame Lagerback for what happened? The three substitutions were forced on him. I personally think he did well.

Yesterday, some people blamed him for not starting Osaze. Osaze started today and we all saw  what he did.

I personally don't understand what is wrong with the team. The only upfront player who played with confidence was Uche. If Osaze and Obasi had played half of what Uche did, we won't be talking this way. One can't blame the coach for this. We need to blame the system that has refused to bring in better players.

Someone said Lagerback went with unfit players. So who should he have taken ahead of Taiwo and Uwa?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angryGod will punish all dem F***KING EAGLES
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by success4survey: 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
10 reasons why we lost TO GREECE , its pathetic
http://fifasays..com
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by youngbest(m): 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
look Nigerian's your footballers are f*&k ups realise dat b4 u kill Lagerback,
France is down 2-0 if domenech was Nigerian wat would u b planning to do 2 him
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

I honestly do not expect much reasoning from anyone who has a stake in the fraud involved in Lagerback hiring.

After loosing 2 out of 3 group games so far,  some think Largerback has done well  grin grin grin.

I can only ask you guys what bottom line is? please what is failure for you guys? and what was the point of paying so much for a coach but setting the standards so low? If all we are doing in this world cup is to make up the numbers then you guys should justify Lagerback's huge salary?

Failure is when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. How can anyone blame Lagerback who has only been with the team for three weeks ahead of a World Cup? Where in the world is that done? Have you forgotten Siasia  was with the U20 team for 2 months last year and failed in Egypt? And you expect Lagerback to perform magic in 3 weeks?

If we sack him again, we will be making the same mistake. I say if we have the money, let him stay with the team for another two years at least till the next ANC. Judge him after that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by pelezico: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
This has nothing to do with Lagerback but NIGERIAS inept leadership problems - corruption, political sabotage,  theft at highest degree, BABANDIGA, EX MILITARY TYRANTS LIKE OBJ etc etc

What do we expect ?  Do Nigerians back home take anything seriously?  We are the problem ?  Its simply that the years of MORAL abuse of our fellow Nigerians by government and people in Nigeria has permeated a CURSE thru almost every area of Nigerian life.

We are to blame not Amadu or Lagerback WEEE!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by AjanleKoko: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Did anybody (in Naija) listen to the Yobo post-match interview on Brilla FM this evening. Heard it while driving home.
The clown did a 2002 Taribo West impressario, condemning the players, calling them inexperienced and 'not good enough'.
He also ruled out any chance of Nigeria qualifying.

So, mathematicians, stand down! obviously your team have no plans of playing against Korea. Don't lose your money o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (53) (Reply)

Man Buried With An Arsenal Flag Just Like He Had Asked Before His Death (photos) / Sam Adekugbe's Mother Overjoyed At Her Son's World Cup Debut For Canada / Kelechi Iheanacho Celebrates Leicester City's FA Cup Win With Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.