Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 (38254 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 44% (111 votes)
Draw: 11% (28 votes)
Lose: 43% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

TV Broadcasters For Nigeria Vs South Africa / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos) / Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Riodiao(m): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
Eastbay:

Just watching Nigeria-Spain from France 98 on ESPN Classic.It has to be our best game ever at a World Cup.
Damnit,we had talent.Not these piss-poor boys.
See as Adepoju dey marshall our midfield.
I miss those days. . .Even Mourinho will struggle with these jack-a.s.ses masquerading as players
my broda God Bless u, whoever u are. I got dat tape 2 and am watching it now. When super Eagles was D SUPER EAGLES. Mutiu 9ja's eva most patriotic & most committed player.(12 seasons with real sociedad). E no easy. See determination 4rm him in dat game. He had a high butt or stud in his chest twice in d space of 5mins, he still carried on, & Fernando Hierrero  & luis Enrique couldnt still cope with him in d mildfield. Present SE players r all WASTE!. Look @ Kanu ,old man age 51(according to HARRY REDKNAPP) when pompey won d FA CUP. even Blanco of Mexico is beta.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by menik(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
Judge to child: Do you want to live with your mother?
Child: No
Judge: Why?
Child: She beats me.

Judge: Okay, so you want to live with dad?
Judge: Why not?
Child: He beats me too.

Judge: So who do you want to live with?
Child: SUPER EAGLES!
Judge: WHY??
Child: They never beat anyone!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by soarrogant(m): 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
so Nigeria's approach to the world cup is to loose the easy games and win the hard one, hee hee hee hee grin the african mind![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by mamagee3(f): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
menik:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by faoni572(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
menik:

ROFLMAO !!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by DaddyO(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hot off the press - Super chicks to pack the team bus in front of goal against South Korea!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by lanres1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2010
To be frank, there is no significant difference between Amodu's pattern and that of Lagerback. Amodu opted for a 4-3-3 formation that was not fruitful. The Super Eagles play better with a 4-4-2 formation. Remember George Finidi/Tijani Babangida and Emmanuel Amuneke/Victor Ikpeba in the flanks. And then, you've got Emeka Ezeugo/Sunday Oliseh/Thompson Oliha in the defensive midfield position. Meanwhile, Mutiu Adepoju or Austin Okocha would play as the attacking midfielder.
What do we have now under these coaches, two defensive midfielders and an attacking player that cannot pass the ball very well. Check out clubs that play a 4-3-3 formation. Chelsea have either Essien/Obi as the holding midfielders. Only one has to play; and then, two offensive midfielders- Ballack and Lampard. Look at Arsenal, Song is a very good defensive midfielder and he is supported by Cesc Fabregas and Nasri or Diaby. Arshavin plays from the left flank and walcott/eboue in the right flank. Robin Van persie because of his skills and goal scoring prowess is used as a lone striker.
Now check the Super Eagles, hardly will you notice Dickson Etuhu who is supposed to be playing the holding role position in the midfield. The other two players in the midfield are Haruna Lukman and Sani Kaita. Haruna plays too deep rather than up front. He cannot pass the ball very well and his tackles are questionable. Sani Kaita on the other hand, reminds me of Garba Lawal, hardly will you notice his contribution on the field of play. In the front, the lone striker is Yakubu Aiyegbeni. Thoug, he has knack for scoring goals and he is unarguably Nigeria's finest striker in the premiership now. But the man has not had it good with the Eagles. Martins on the other hand, always appear to be at the right place at the right time. Since his debut against the Rep. of Ireland has been banging goals for the Eagles. Yet, he has been relegated to the bench. In the wings, we have Ogbuke playing on the left flank as against his preferred role on the right flank. The same thing goes for Obinna Nsofor, playing in an unfamiliar outside right position. One is forced to believe Lagerback is still experimenting.
Going forward, I expect Osaze (he has also been disappointing) to start on the left, Ogbuke on the right. Yakubu to be supported by kalu Uche/Kanu and then Ayila and Etuhu in the midfield. Who knows if the eagles would redeem their image or worst case, chase shadows like they have been doing so far in the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by rickie4us(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
lanre_s:

To be frank, there is no significant difference between Amodu's pattern and that of Lagerback.
Going forward, I expect Osaze (he has also been disappointing) to start on the left

Well, for the fact that we did not (won't) go far in this tournament has gone a long way to show that a very aggressive approach has to be taken to salvage the eagles. It goes beyond just the employment of coaches.

Really, has Osaze been disappointing so far?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by samdigo(m): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
lagrback' is gonna put some crappy players on the field, like yakubu, and would throw this game away
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by lizzybabe1(f): 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2010
menik:

LOL, I like that.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by NET1(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
Please change the heading of this thread to 'Chickens' instead of 'Eagles'.

and stop giving us hope when there is none.

my one cent,
.NET
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by abhosts(m): 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
The Super Eagles always perform well when it does not count (Friendlies and Third Place Matches). So they should win.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2010
Who dash monkey banana? shocked
The super ducks aka the super eagles wont prevail in their coming match on tuesday against south korea.E go be a repeat of the 2002 korea/japan world cup.
Korea/japan 2002
Nigeria vs Argentina : 0-1
Nigeria vs Sweden : 1-2
Nigeria vs England: 0-0
Now south africa 2010
Nigeria vs Argentina: 0-1
Nigeria vs Greece : 1-2
Nigeria vs south korea:0-0
Na repeat of history e wan be and nigeria go crash out of the group stages.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by samdigo(m): 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
to be honest i have been following this world cup, and i dont see what is special about that lukman fellow, the guy is trash just like the rest of them
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Ayele12: 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2010
Eagles to get N4.5m each for victory over Korea

Read more: http://www./2010/06/eagles-to-get-n45m-each-for-victory_21.html#ixzz0rViJdyQW
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by snowdrops(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
Nigeria will lose the match

stop living in fantasy world NL
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by mamagee3(f): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
With the latest squad Nigeria has, its quite possible for them to lose.

I mean few days ago, Greece beat them. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by godisgr8(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2010
Sincerely I do not av any confidence dat out boys can perform any magic. But then we av 2 know dat dis is futboal and anything can happen, so I wil say let us wait till after d match on Tuesday. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by man4life: 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
you guy are so dump, if they win now you will same calling same people good team. if you truly love country you should stand beside even when they are losing you can make them win by boosting their morale. for me Nigeria will beat south Korea 3-1 .until then, all you guy should just shut up and watch Nigeria fly high, AS for Lagerback he is a good coach because he changed Nigeria pattern of football making to come to life. SUPER EAGLE OF NIGERIA WILL FLY HIGH TOMORROW !!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by PastorOla1: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
Time will tell!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by davidif: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2010
man4life:

you guy are so dump, if they win now you will same calling same people good team. if you truly love country you should stand beside even when they are losing you can make them win by boosting their morale. for me Nigeria will beat south Korea 3-1 .until then, all you guy should just shut up and watch Nigeria fly high, AS for Lagerback he is a good coach because he changed Nigeria pattern of football making to come to life. SUPER EAGLE OF NIGERIA WILL FLY HIGH TOMORROW !!!!

If they can't beat Greece that South Korea soundly beat, how do you see them winning?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by davidif: 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=18pt]If the super eagles need any inspiration for this game, they should watch this[/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by BloodShed1: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2010
I just hope he dumps Yakubu. Guy is useless, can't even fun for Bleep's sake.

He should start Nsofor on the left, Odemwingie on the right, and Martins and Kanu up front.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by KingTut1: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2010
Apparently Maradona will field this team tomorrow:

ROMERO

OTAMENDI, DEMICHELIS, BURDISSO, C RODRIGUEZ

M RODRIGUEZ, BOLATTI, VERON

MESSI, AGÜERO

MILITO

messi will also captain the side

I got this from another forum. Of course Greece will lose tomorrow.

But can we seal our part of the deal. I am not expecting us to, but I have small faith.

If we go 442 and not 433 and play with passion then maybe.

Pray before you sleep my people.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 9jafreak: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2010
menik:

Very funny![size=13pt]

Eagles for the shizzle

At least play like Shittu

We don't have talents

But please, let's show some hearts!
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2010
Whatever formation we play tomorrow, the super fowl will surely draw or loose the game, simply because they are bunch of old legged loser's, I learnt that the fools in the glass house will be extending White Onigbinde's contract, What a shame
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 817: 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2010
Sincerly, I will put the blame of the teams current misfortunes on Largerback. First of all he came  with a percieved mindset to play 442 the swedish way(watch thier games) and not our way. That is why he is using central/defensive midefielders as wingers. Secondly the swedish do not play with a playmaker but two box to box midfielders. This is the approach he has brought to the Super Eagles  not taking into account the type of players we have, our temparement and stlye of play. The man is trying to force the players to play his system without recourse to thier natural abilities. Worse of all, Nigerian Teams are known to play high up the pitch defensively employing a lot of offside tactics and man to man marking. However this team is laidback (lagerback) and gives to much time and space  for the opposing team to play, which is why Enyeama has a lot to do.

In conclusion if we play the same lagerback approach against South Korea, I do not see how we would draw that game much less win the match. The solution is to revert to a 433 and uche and haruna as central/attacking midfielders with etuhu at the base and a three man attack of odemwinge on the right, nsofor on the left and martins central. The midfielders are to look for every oportunity to feed the ball to the fast paced men upfront. In defence Adeleye is required to play the traditonal no 6 (man marking role on the striker ) and Yobo to play slightly behing me to cover all loose balls.  This is a probable way  we can get a result.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by megastu(m): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
this is the time to prove to the world that we are not 4-1-9. In 13 world cup games, we have won 4,drew 1 and lost 8. If we lose to south korea tomorrow then it will be 4-1-9.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 1forall: 11:21pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=16pt]Nigeria need help from Argentina
(AFP) Monday 21 June 2010[/size]

Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback admitted that he was not counting on Argentina to do them any favours in their unlikely bid to qualify for the second round of the FIFA World Cup™.

The Super Eagles need to beat South Korea by at least two goals and hope that Group B table-toppers Argentina beat Greece to ensure qualification after so far racking up two losses: 1-0 against Argentina and 2-1 against the Greeks.

He added: "We have a chance for a good result against South Korea. It should be a very positive and interesting game tomorrow. We need help from Argentina, but all we can do is concentrate on our game. The attitude in the squad is very good. I'm very positive about the game."

Lagerback said he had been "rather satisfied" with the performance of his team to date. "A big part of the the performance against Argentina was very good, and in the first 30 minutes against Greece we played exactly as we wanted to, until the red card changed the game. We were unlucky not to get a draw against Greece."

Fulham midfielder Dickson Etuhu insisted "We want to win and we're all on the same road. We'll respect our opponent, but it's our cup final. It might not be pretty, but we've got to get the result. The players are not happy about not getting a result. The fact is that we've still got a chance to qualify, with help from Argentina."

The odds are also high for South Korea, who kicked off their group campaign with a 2-0 win over Greece, but then crashed 4-1 to Argentina to leave them second in the standings. A victory over Nigeria would ensure them a place in the knock-out phase, but a draw would leave them relying on Argentina beating Greece. A defeat would mean a flight home to Seoul.

Source: FIFA.COM
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by jenti: 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
Until we begin to blv in ourselves, we are going nowhere. Amodu should be laghing now grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2010
My brodas/sistas, "anything can happen" na lazy man argument, because una no say wit d way our boyz dey play, dis Korea team are more likely to hammer us. The true talk be say we no get team. But thank God for Enyeama, if our boyz try dem fit get draw (0-0) and anything more would be a miracle.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by SPARROWJA(m): 12:55am On Jun 22, 2010
SE will win 2nyt,  Fate will take it course but I will ever cheer my country heroes come what may. I don't think any of us here culd have done any better and we barely have done anything for our country Nigeria, we the deluded fans are the main loser but as 4 mi, I'll cheer my boys green all the way,  2014 nxt up but we must break that jinx today n win a game the rest only time will tell but my Faith in God is high

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Mikel Obi And His Daughter Kiss In Adorable Photo / Lovely New Photos Of Amara Kanu / Victor Moses Training For Fernabahce, His New Club (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.