Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 (38315 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 44% (111 votes)
Draw: 11% (28 votes)
Lose: 43% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

TV Broadcasters For Nigeria Vs South Africa / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos) / Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by agitator: 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
      Nigeria line-up (Official)

Vincent Enyeama

Chidi Odiah                                    Joseph Yobo                                     Danny Shittu                              Taye Taiwo

Peter Odemwingie                                             Dickson Etuhu                                Lukman Haruna                           Chinedu Obasi

Obafemi Martins                                                                                    Aiyegbeni Yakubu
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by MandingoII(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
Nigerians with all their big mouths,I still support them and hope they go thru the second round.Goodluck,although I knew that you'll all come here and boast about your 'giant of africa' status
Fly eagle fly.

I am busy trying to cook some French fries,I hope we win this one and leave the tournament with a bang,and concentrate on hosting our visitors

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN lipsrsealed

France is out to beat RSA DOWN!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by daniellle(f): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by KingTut1: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2010
agitator:

Vincent Enyeama

Chidi Odiah                                    Joseph Yobo                                     Danny Shittu                              Taye Taiwo

Peter Odemwingie                                             Dickson Etuhu                                Lukman Haruna                           Chinedu Obasi

Obafemi Martins                                                                                    Aiyegbeni Yakubu

Who told you this one? Someone posted a different team eralier. I hope this is the team though.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by montelik(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
3 Reasons to be optimistic about today's game.

1) Kaita's suspension:-  With Kaita now suspended from this match, Lagerback may not be able to play his usual 3 centre midfielders. Hopefully this will translate to us playing 2 strikers through the middle and 2 in center midfield. This is a must win game so trying to play with caution like we did against Greece, or with no ambition like we did against Argentina is not wise. Without Kaita I suspect we will see a genuine 4-4-2. We need to create chances, Kaita's absence will allow us to be more direct upfront with 2 forwards.

2) Victory over North Korea:-  Just a few weeks back we beat the North Koreans in a friendly. The fact that we have already beaten one Korea just recently can provide a psychological advantage in giving the players confidence while relieving the substantial pressure they will be feeling. Meanwhile this should be the game that Lagerback is the most tactically prepared for of all our group games. Having seen how his squad matched up against a similar North Korean side just recently, I believe he should have a good idea of will be required to replicate a similar result against the South Koreans, as we achieved against the North Koreans.

3) Inverse proportionality:-  Before we faced Argentina in our opening game, there was a sudden rise in the optimism levels of Nigerians for no real reason. Before the match countless fans were all a sudden confident we would get something from the game shocked. Eventually we escaped with a 1-0 loss. Despite a dire performance fans were convinced that our failure to concede more than one against Argentina (thank you Enyeama) was a sign we'd surely defeat the Greeks. Most Nigerians were predicting lofty scorelines. Yet by the final whistle Greece had not only scored their first WC goal but secured their first victory as well. Now most Nigerians are certain we will get nothing out of the South Korea game, despite the fact that we lost to Argentina by a smaller margin than they did. By the theory inverse proportionality it could well be that the low expectation may translate to a victory when we least expect it. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Youngichou(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
All off you supporting nigeria are just sayin absolute nonsense crap. Pls bookmark this page when you see nigeria downfall
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by billybaby: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2010
God willing, Nigeria will excel. let us leave Kaita out of the ongoing situation, he is a man and alone, cannot determine the fate of this country. once more the poor boy should be left alone. prayer rather than lamentation is what we need.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by shola75: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
ARISE OH COMPATRIOT!!! MANY OF YOU SANG THIS ANTHEM. BE PATRIOTIC TO YOUR FATHER'S LAND, EVEN IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE DECISION OF THE AUTHORITY.
NIGERIAN'S FROMS THE USA WISHES OUR EAGLES THE BEST OF LUCK.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS EAGLES, GOD BLESS NIGERIANS, GOD BLESS EAGLES FANS.
(FROM CO-ORDINATOR; COVENANT OF GRACE MOTORS INTL.)
SOLAYINKA96@GMAIL.COM.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by shola75: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
ARISE OH COMPATRIOT!!! MANY OF YOU SANG THIS ANTHEM. BE PATRIOTIC TO YOUR FATHER'S LAND, EVEN IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE DECISION OF THE AUTHORITY.
NIGERIAN'S FROMS THE USA WISHES OUR EAGLES THE BEST OF LUCK.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS EAGLES, GOD BLESS NIGERIANS, GOD BLESS EAGLES FANS.
(FROM CO-ORDINATOR; COVENANT OF GRACE MOTORS INTL.)
SOLAYINKA96@GMAIL.COM.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by RSA(m): 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2010
MandingoII:

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN lipsrsealed

France is out to beat RSA DOWN!!!!

It look like we are frying them,we leading 2-0.
Dingo please support grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 12large: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2010
guys let put our dissapointment out of the way and support this team, even me i don't like yak or kanu but i wish them well 100[percent prediction
nigeria 3- korea 1 good second half performance
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by jimbakey: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
Nigeria Line Up: Enyeama, Odiah, Yobo, Shittu, Afolabi, Ayila, Etuhu, Kalu, Aiyegbeni, Kanu, Obasi
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2010
RSA:

It look like we are frying them,we leading 2-0.
Dingo please support grin

Don't mind Dingo. he is a sell out "black man' which is why he is supporting France though technically they are an "african" team as well.

UP BAFANA BAFANA. You supported Naija.We will support you.

ITS AYOBA TIME!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2010
shocking starting line-up by LAGERback
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by agitator: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
King_Tut:

Who told you this one? Someone posted a different team eralier. I hope this is the team though.

It's an authentic, reliable information.

I predict Nigeria advance to the next round.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by damilola15: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2010
Even the very very optimistic side of me is saying no African team would make it to the next round.
South Africa out already. embarassed embarassed
I can't imagine Nigeria getting 3 goals from South Korea. cry cry cry cry
Algeria well maybe miracle can happen.
Ghana, getting goals/penalty from Germany undecided undecided
The indomitable lions are already in Cameroon. grin grin grin
I would keep praying Cote d'Ivoire gets 10 goals from the poor North Koreans. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
agitator:

It's an authentic, reliable information.  

I predict Nigeria advance to the next round.

so there is hope then?,if your line up is true
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by olamson(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
Today is d day for the Super Eagles to prove to the World that Nigerians are not 419.In 13 World Cup matches, Nigeria has won 4, drawn 1 and lost 8. If the Super Eagles lose to S.Korea,the record will be 4-1-9
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Krayola(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2010
Pl W D L +/- Pts
1 Arge 2 2 0 0 4 6
2 Korea       2 1 0 1     -1   3
3 Greece 2 1 0 1 -1 3
4 Nigeria 2 0 0 2 -2 0
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by kevweno25: 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2010
ironically , the south americans top all the groups in which they were fielded in , Uruguay , Argentina , Paraguay, Chile & Brazil, the only groups headed by ( slovenia, Holland & Ghana ) don't have south american teams in them , that speaks a lot about where the talent hunt would be in the seasons ahead
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 9jafreak: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
agitator:

Vincent Enyeama

Chidi Odiah Joseph Yobo Danny Shittu Taye Taiwo

Peter Odemwingie Dickson Etuhu Lukman Haruna Chinedu Obasi

Obafemi Martins Aiyegbeni Yakubu

[size=13pt]This is the OFFICIAL Line-up indeed.

Looks good but too many wingers/attackers

I like to see Haruna play behind Martins though.

Hopefully Osaze can be SELFLESS and make the RIGHT PASSES.

Obasi: Use your brain boy. You are good. C'mmon Eagles

Aggression Tactics, woooooooooooooooooooooooo
![/size]

check LIVESCORE.COM
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by KingTut1: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
9jafreak:

[size=13pt]This is the OFFICIAL Line-up indeed.

Looks good but too many wingers/attackers

I like to see Haruna play behind Martins though.

Hopefully Osaze can be SELFLESS and make the RIGHT PASSES.

Obasi: Use your brain boy. You are good. C'mmon Eagles

Aggression Tactics, woooooooooooooooooooooooo
![/size]

check LIVESCORE.COM

It is better that we have too many attacking players than to play 433 with 2 DM's and invite the pressure onto us by playing stupid short passing.

Let Osaze and Chinedu utilise the width and supply crosses for Martins and Yaks.

We can do this.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by cvibe: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
Today will determine if Nigeria is not a 419 country.

In all the world cup matches we have ever played, we have Won 4 , drew 1 and Lost 8

So, Super eagles, show the world we are not 419. Don't lose this match!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 9jafreak: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2010
cvibe:

Today will determine if Nigeria is not a 419 country.

In all the world cup matches we have ever played, we have Won 4 , drew 1 and Lost 8

So, Super eagles, show the world we are not 419. Don't lose this match!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Best POST!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by olisat: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2010
[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash] tell coach to play it in locker room.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by ajalio(f): 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2010
1. I expect a victory from Argentina against Greece. That should be fact.
2. Ghana get played off the park by Germany tomorrow.

So I really really hope and wish that Nigeria will beats South Korea today
and make it up to the next round at first for herself, but also as last standing
African team in this tournament. What a grace would that be. Imagine!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by bamac(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
[color=#770077][/color] i thnk nigeria can still make it to d nxt round. Dt is my opinion dnt crucify me u av urs too,
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by bamac(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2010
[color=#770077][/color] i thnk nigeria can still make it to d nxt round. Dt is my opinion dnt crucify me u av urs too,
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Krayola(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2010
Nothin do us. The Super birds will fly high tonight. cool wink

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by shilling(f): 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2010
montelik:

3 Reasons to be optimistic about today's game.

1) Kaita's suspension:-  With Kaita now suspended from this match, Lagerback may not be able to play his usual 3 centre midfielders. Hopefully this will translate to us playing 2 strikers through the middle and 2 in center midfield. This is a must win game so trying to play with caution like we did against Greece, or with no ambition like we did against Argentina is not wise. Without Kaita I suspect we will see a genuine 4-4-2. We need to create chances, Kaita's absence will allow us to be more direct upfront with 2 forwards.

2) Victory over North Korea:-  Just a few weeks back we beat the North Koreans in a friendly. The fact that we have already beaten one Korea just recently can provide a psychological advantage in giving the players confidence while relieving the substantial pressure they will be feeling. Meanwhile this should be the game that Lagerback is the most tactically prepared for of all our group games. Having seen how his squad matched up against a similar North Korean side just recently, I believe he should have a good idea of will be required to replicate a similar result against the South Koreans, as we achieved against the North Koreans.

3) Inverse proportionality:-  Before we faced Argentina in our opening game, there was a sudden rise in the optimism levels of Nigerians for no real reason. Before the match countless fans were all a sudden confident we would get something from the game shocked. Eventually we escaped with a 1-0 loss. Despite a dire performance fans were convinced that our failure to concede more than one against Argentina (thank you Enyeama) was a sign we'd surely defeat the Greeks. Most Nigerians were predicting lofty scorelines. Yet by the final whistle Greece had not only scored their first WC goal but secured their first victory as well. Now most Nigerians are certain we will get nothing out of the South Korea game, despite the fact that we lost to Argentina by a smaller margin than they did. By the theory inverse proportionality it could well be that the low expectation may translate to a victory when we least expect it. grin

I really hope you're right!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by CarlosVent(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2010
pls nigeria give us 1 goal
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by 1forall: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2010
Match lineup: Kanu, Afolabi, Ayila to start!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

England Vs Nigeria Friendly: Pre-Match Lunch At Royal Box Wembley Suite / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.