Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 (38238 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 44% (111 votes)
Draw: 11% (28 votes)
Lose: 43% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

TV Broadcasters For Nigeria Vs South Africa / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos) / Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Ajayi123: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
The whole super eagles was a real disgrace yesterday. I mean if anyone is watching the Ghana Vs Germany game right this minute, you would see that we are a shame to ourselves and Africa. You may want to argue that we are not the only African country to go out of the world cup but believe it or not it is more of a bad disgrace to us because Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa with a multitude of footballing talent to choose from but yet we choose to field tired old men who lie about their age. I mean the impetus of telling lies is so natural to us that even as I write someone will probably laugh at this and say "e just dey waste his time" when it is actually a serious matter. It is a serious matter because it has infiltrated our football and when we bring these old men to play with genuine young boys from other countries like korea and the like they can't keep up and sometimes are genuinely too stupid to be creative. I mean take the case of Yakubu Aiyegbeni yesterday. The man's role in the Super Eagles is not particularly clear. I mean why does anyone continue to field AIyegbeni in the super eagles line up when his level of creativity with the ball is that of a camel. His pace is also next to non-existent so of what use is he to anyone really? How come these bunch of idiots managed to be selected represent the country in such an important mundial. it is not fair to do this to Nigerians and at the end of the day they would go to their respective clubs relatively healthy and sound after destroying the lives of so many proud Nigerians. How come Ghana is able to steal the show in football and Nigeria is struggling? I mean even the Junior levels, the U-20 and U-17 world cups that we paved the way for African achievements in, Ghana have come forth and snatched the bait. They won the U-20 world cup. How come? This is a country which does not have as much population of people playing football in the country as there are in Nigeria if we were to use the population of the two countries as a direct iteration of this fact. Somehow the spirit of "Egunje" has managed to penetrate our minds and the standard of our soccer so much so that it would appear that right now all it takes to represent the country in any of the categories be it U-17, U-20 & Senior level, all you need is just to know someone who can favour your case or at the senior level, manage to find a way to play in europe so that you can have enough money to bribe your way into the Super Eagles. I mean this is the only logical explanation as to why these crop of bastards represented us at all. If there was a genuine screening system can anyone say for sure that these people would have been there? I mean people just tell lies about their age and go and disgrace themselves amongst people who they claim to even be younger than. Look these people should be driven away from Nigeria. They should be sent on exile and banned from ever representing Nigeria. Then new crop of players should be cultivated from home first at the junior level anfd then at the U-20 and Senior level with their true ages not surpassing the following ;

U-17:- 16yrs (oldest)
U-20:- 19yrs (oldest)
And then Super eagles:- 33yrs (oldest)

and then encourage a successful progression system from the U-17 to the U-20 and then to the Super Eagles. Stop all these "Egunje" tradition please. it is disgraceful even to things like football that should be enjoyable

These ages will be confirmed by the approved FIFA bone scanning technique and a committee should be in place to give the free hand to foreign FIFA representatives to come and carry out the scanning themselves in Nigeria and approve the age of the players so as to eliminate the Nigerian ingenuity to consistently cheat any system. The FIFA reps shall not be Nigerians as witnessed in the last FIFA U-17 world cup held in Nigeria or affiliated in anyway to Nigeria or Africa. They would be anonymous men and women who will just have one goal in mind and that is to tell it as they saw it. Maybe in this way if the benefits of these practices go a long way to help Nigerian football then Nigerians will maybe then be competent to run the scanning system because they would now be able to relate to something genuine that has worked and adopt that mentality. The lying is too much. We need a change and we need it now. This could even go on to begin to bring about other changes in the economy, a factor which is a whole article write-up in itself. it is just too much . We need to have some shame at least and take the challenge to change our ways otherwise other countries in Africa like Ghana will sink us in but in sports and economically and we just seem to not be bothered about it. There just seems to be a lax attitude towards everything that is proactive and the most annoying of them all is the common notion that "God dey" without taking or trying to use one's creativity first and then leave the rest to GOD.

My fellow Nigerians the time to change is now-o. Now is the time not in the future. We are losing our identity very slowly with all these mumu behaviour we seem to engage in which has been exemplified in our football very clearly.

The other point that follows from the above is allowing the right coach to coach a given team. The NFA /NFF should try and stop deceiving Nigerians that they are not involved in appointing the coaches of their choice that they can manipulate to fulfill their own selfish interests with the players that they invite to the squad. For instance Shuaibu Amodu had no business being the coach of the Super Eagles from the beginning of our world cup campaign if the genuine interest of success for the Super Eagles was foremost. There are other better coaches in Nigeria who do not depend on chance, luck, or the prophecies of a spiritualist to achieve results. This is the very point. I mean If God is God and I believe God is God then he has given unto every man creativity, and it is our place to use that resource first and when that fails seek his help in direct prayers not through a spiritualist. A football coach in the 21st century that shows a clear lack of these characteristics and has just achieved results by shear luck and chance and in some cases ascribe his success to the vendata of a spiritualist, which could actually have been the case in fairness to the individual, is not worth the hassle to be honest. Because we have just taken part in a competition where spiritual means in football and luck have been proven to be fall under the law of probability. Or does anyone think there are no spirutualists in Cameroon or South Africa? I mean everything we have seen so far in the world cup this year has been down to pure ability no jazz inside. As a result if Amodu were to lead the team to South Africa thesame result, if not worse would have awaited us there lets make no mistake about that. Because it was his line up from the African cup of nations that were still used in the World Cup.

Appointing the right Nigerian Coach, without the use of politics and quota system will go a long way to assisting the right players to be chosen based on their technical ability in addition to the bone scanning technique that will be simultaneosuly applied as mentioned earlier above to ensure that age limits are not breached. Correct team selection is so important to the success of any team before the strategies that will be played. When the two are got right, the most lethal formation can be congragated indeed and we have got the talent. WE HAVE THE TALENT AT HOME. They just need to be found and pulled together.

The other point that follows directly from what has been mentioned above is discipline. The discipline to start things on time especially preapring early in earnest for serious big stage competitons like the World Cup eh? Play friendlies after the right squad have been picked to bolster confidence and get them to get used to each other. Not three weeks to a major competition with tired old men.

We have reached a crescendo in our identity as a nation. We either step back take a second look at what our actions are doing to ourselves in the light of what other countries are doing for themselves and begin to make changes or suffer the consequences of "no be my business". embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ghana just made it through grin
Their next match will be against the USA
Up you go GHANA!
Down with the USA cool
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by darknouiui: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by phreakabit(m): 12:15am On Jun 24, 2010
[size=18pt]I guess Sanni Kaita can come home and do just like his name sake Sanni Yerima and get his own 13 years old bride and a chieftainship to go with it, bleeping retarded ABOKIS, Pedophilic tribe

[/size]

And Oh Aiyegbeni is an imbecilic slowpoke who plays football like he has swollen testicles , FKING RETARD
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by preselect(m): 2:27am On Jun 24, 2010
this problem is beyond kaita. even with ten men, if the team was good, they could have at least played a draw. australia played a draw with ten men against ghana. uruguay did same against france.
look at the game against korea. was kaita there?
infact the problem is bigger than the skills. those guys are skillful. but as a part of the nigerian problem, there is no discipline, no team work, everybody wan shine. lack of discipline as we can see in our lawmakers.

and it is time for local coaches. if usa can use local coach to do well, why cant we do the same? lets use our local coaches. if we get eliminated or if we dont qualify for the world cup-so what?let it be. after all soccer is not our #1 problem in nigeria. let's keep using them. one day, they will learn or better still the players will learn how to respect local coaches.

if we can use local president, lecturers, doctors, engrs etc why cant we use local coaches? after all qualifying for the world cup with a local coach means we are among the world's best 32. whereas in govt we are among the world's worst 5 and yet we dont ask for foreign presidents or senators.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by otokx(m): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2010
Finally, people are thinking outside the box. Truth be told; the decay in the Nigerian society is translated to the super eagles and no white man is going to change it.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Marymos: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Our players are write off except for few.No wonder they are not doing well in their respective clubs.Super Eagle is the worst team in South Africa.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Sherlock: 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2010
1. Do not watch a super eagles match with a knife in hand or an object that can be thrown to cause damage, because the probability of throwing that object is 1.
2. Never rejoice after an only goal is scored unless it comes at the 93rd minute of the match.
3. In coaching, you can change the skin of the guy in charge who calls the shots but you cannot take tactics out of the skin of the coach.
4. To enjoy Nigerian football, you must be a mathematical analyst with specialty at computing goal differences for your other opponents.
5. The best way to watch a Nigerian match is watch the replay a month later…….you’ll be considered unstable if after that time, the misses still get at you.
6. Do not watch a Nigerian match before doing any of the following important activities
a. Going for a Job Interview ---You will frown and end ups hissing on the middle of the process.
b. Going on a Date with the One—You will continually nag over the problems of the Nigerian economy.
c. Before going to meet your father for School fees or pocket money ----You will be reminded of how wasteful young people are with opportunities.
7. I beg of you, do not listen to the commentary of the match over a transistor especially if you have a heart condition or you just recovering from a bout of malaria….
8. When it comes to the Super Eagles, be prepared to see an irony the great game of football has to offer.
a. A Sure goal is passed to the camera man
b. A hearty laugh after a woeful miss
c. A football pitch turned into a Karate square
d. A single goal celebrated like it’s the world cup trophy
e. After 90 minutes, a sea of tears for a job well done,
9. Lastly pray that Rapture never happens during or after a super eagles match; because you may be denied access to heaven on the basis of curses rendered and thoughts of violence towards the players involved.
10. But Remember that after reading all this and agreeing with me…you will be back on your seats again to watch their next game with a Hope that they will be better than yesterday even when they play the same team again….ITS THE SUPER EAGLES FEVER….it can’t be cured!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by lizzybabe1(f): 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^^Very funny indeed! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Ivynwa(f): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
@ phreakabit

My brother, it does not sound good at all calling other tribes names. We have all advanced to a stage where we should tolerate all okay Baby.

It also doesn't sound good when people get despondent and start talking down on our good old Nigeria in a disrespectful way. Let's get this dust off our shoulder and enjoy the sunshine of life. I no fit tell lie, drogba and his team did me proud today. Let's be happy for others too.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by pigfarmer: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2010
The Entire Nigerian Team & the officials of the NFF should all be made to watch all the next Korean match, so that they can finally learn our to play patriotic football for their nation.
NFF officials should be sent to jail for making stupid statements like this to justify their foolish ness. This is an insult on the whole Nigerian nation, whatever is left of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GpJO1B-w4Q&feature=fvsr
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Ivynwa(f): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
Oh my God, somebody get the fan and begin to fan me cos right now

I AM LOSING MY BREATH

THE GLORY OF AFRICA HAS BEEN BROUGHT HOME BY THE GHANA TEAM, Now I am loving Ghanaians and their beautiful accent triple times.

Somebody get the fan, yes fan me fan me, don't let me lose all my breath----------------w-o-o-o-o-ow--w-w-w-w-ww-w-----o-o-o-op----s-s-s-s-
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by pigfarmer: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ghana is rightfully where they are, I like their determination , their respect, their patriotisim, their devotion, their love for the Ghanaian people. All these attributes are missing in the Nigeria squad.

We need a coach, even if Nigerian to work with and take responsibility of the New Nigerian Squad. Rajevac has been in Ghana since 2008 as compared to February 2010, !
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by mamagee3(f): 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2010
debosky:

remove obasi please!!!!!
*With urgent necessity* grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Goalzilla: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Iikpo: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2010
All Nigeria needs is to hire a coach who will select home based players for international football competition.
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by mamagee3(f): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2010
^^Couldn't have said it any better.

Nigeria needs to hire a real coach and fire the fake white one.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Grit2943(m): 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Is The First Manager To Win UCL, Europa & Conference League / Mikel Obi And His Daughter Kiss In Adorable Photo / Lovely New Photos Of Amara Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.