Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance (59115 Views)

Okocha Blasted By Omeruo's Wife, Chioma Nnamani: "Mad Man" / Omeruo, Leon Balogun And Iwobi Pose For A Selfie In Russia / Kenneth Omeruo And Chioma Nnamani's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by SmartyPants(m): 11:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
owomida1:

He could have cleared the ball but he chose to control it. The touch got too much which gave possession to the opponent. Ebuehi stepped in and it got sour. Na him baba

I have to fault your logic. Severely.

Ebuehi tripped the player. Omeruo made a heavy touch. You have to either show me that making a heavy touch is a foul or that Omeruo left Ebuehi with no choice other than to trip the player.

In reality, the player and the ball were both moving away from direction of the goal and thus constituted very negligible threat. Omeruo's heavy touch merely gave the opposition a chance to win possession in a non-dangerous area. Ceteris paribus, in no way should this lead to a penalty.

So why did Ebuehi even make an attempt instead of simply shepherding the play and the ball out of the box?

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by hkidola00(m): 12:09am On Jun 24, 2018
hollandis:

He reminds me of Osondu
Phillip osondu rite?
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Aguata1stson(m): 12:37am On Jun 24, 2018
owomida1:
He caused the penalty.

Aside that,he did well. And Ebuehi came on for Bryan Idowu..... Sealed the defence.

you watched the game on nairaland. Ebuehi caused penalty not Omeruo
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Rajosh(m): 12:51am On Jun 24, 2018
Luukasz:
I don't know if i'm the only one who felt our boys weren't that impressive but they just made use of the few chances we had
that's the game of football. Anything can happen in a twinkle of an eye. Portugal hasn't been impressive either but they have four points.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by zyzxx(m): 4:33am On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by timilehin007(m): 5:46am On Jun 24, 2018
Luukasz:
I don't know if i'm the only one who felt our boys weren't that impressive but they just made use of the few chances we had
..im with u...people are just gotten carried away...we didn't deserve to win that match...we were not impressive at all
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Sezua(m): 6:11am On Jun 24, 2018
Rossikki:
Etebo should not have signed up with Stoke City before the WC.
I guess he wasn't convinced about his ability. I'm sure EPL minors like Crystal palace would have offered him a deal. The guy is great with a tackle and not afraid to get on the ball. Now stoke won't sell. This is bad, if he has an agent, someone needs to be sacked.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Rexnegro(m): 11:53am On Jun 24, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

I didn't remember any name like Umeruo till the match ended yesterday.

Etebo is a world class midfielder I beg.
etebo world class midfielder? is alright continue.... world class that moved from one relegated las Palma to another relegated stock city. world class indeed

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by profmallor: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Yes you are the only one. Germans are rarely impressive, but they almost always win. Winning is key, not how well you played.

Luukasz:
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
Good

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd / Agu & Aina dropped from Nigeria's final World Cup list.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.