Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (28143 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Is G35x 2007 Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
9icetoo:

So far so good. One liter mixed with 30 ml transmission oil and 20 ml diesel fuel does the trick.
I don't use the mixture when doing town driving though. Only use it when I travel with family which is often these days.
Ping is gone but like I posted in another thread, car doesn't ping when I travel alone (without load) even without the xylene mixture.
But it does feel faster when it has the xylene mixture in it and the fuel economy is always above 13 mpg when it's got xylene in it around town.

That mixture is on a full tank of fuel, right?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by weyreypey: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2019
9icetoo:

So far so good. One liter mixed with 30 ml transmission oil and 20 ml diesel fuel does the trick.
I don't use the mixture when doing town driving though. Only use it when I travel with family which is often these days.
Ping is gone but like I posted in another thread, car doesn't ping when I travel alone (without load) even without the xylene mixture.
But it does feel faster when it has the xylene mixture in it and the fuel economy is always above 13 mpg when it's got xylene in it around town.
Oga kindly explain this concoction... Transmission oil and diesel?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by pharaohmonch: 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
cooldudeng:
Thanks to this forum and @HeavenlyBang continuous post on the Infiniti G series

I just secured a 2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe. I can't wait for the car to arrive in Nigeria

I would have gone for the sedan but I kinda love the shape of the coupe better. Was actually shopping for a 2008 but landed a 2010 instead

I know there are reservations around the type of fuel to use but we will be alright las las

Can't believe I walked away from shopping for a Benz. Guess, I just wanted to be different!

Any 2010 G37 coupe owner in the house?

Is it here yet , I mean the G37... I made the same choice. Guess you’ll be fine in terms of the fuel octane rating if your driving isn’t spirited and if it is spirited like mine you’d definitely would have to invest in octane boosters to avoid the knocks and pings from Naijas low octane fuel. I’m in Lagos, holla we could form our own VQ Nation ... strictly a G thang.. lol follow my G37 on IG @ashavq37. Congratulations again, have fun.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by cooldudeng(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
pharaohmonch:

Is it here yet , I mean the G37... I made the same choice. Guess you’ll be fine in terms of the fuel octane rating if your driving isn’t spirited and if it is spirited like mine you’d definitely would have to invest in octane boosters to avoid the knocks and pings from Naijas low octane fuel. I’m in Lagos, holla we could form our own VQ Nation ... strictly a G thang.. lol follow my G37 on IG @ashavq37. Congratulations again, have fun.

It got in last week! I've not had the time to really drive it yet.

Got some little fix and it's been difficult getting the body parts for the coupe. Spent the weekend at Ladipo and still no luck

So, I had to get a panel to do the fix (work in progress). Overall, it's a madt machine. Great acceleration and handling. Quite "heavy" too unlike my previous and current cars.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by pharaohmonch: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
cooldudeng:

Got some little fix and it's been difficult getting the body parts for the coupe. Spent the weekend at Ladipo and still no luck

So, I had to get a panel to do the fix (work in progress). Overall, it's a madt machine. Great acceleration and handling. Quite "heavy" too unlike my previous and current cars.

Send me a dm I’m sure we can source parts
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by pharaohmonch: 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
cooldudeng:

Send me a dm @ashavq37 on Instagram I’m sure we can source parts
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
nurey:

The Nissan GTR is faster than anything benz AMG ooo Brabus ooo. please go and watch a real unbiased comparism the world's greatest drag race 7 this same AMG came behind the GTR besides the GTR plenty. The real GTR is a Nismo version see your clip sef, looks like videoshop grin
Told you the AMG GTR Pro would beat the Nismo GTR around the Nurburgring.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/04/24/2020-mercedes-amg-gt-r-pro-review/

"All of that combines to inspire confidence. AMG GT3 driver Maro Engel shredded the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7:04:63 in the GT R Pro—an impressive six seconds faster than the GT R."

Just wanted you to cry a bit. E go be. cheesy

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nurey(m): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Told you the AMG GTR Pro would beat the Nismo GTR around the Nurburgring.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/04/24/2020-mercedes-amg-gt-r-pro-review/

"All of that combines to inspire confidence. AMG GT3 driver Maro Engel shredded the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7:04:63 in the GT R Pro—an impressive six seconds faster than the GT R."

Just wanted you to cry a bit. E go be. cheesy

Only tag me when the gtr moo has entered the list. Them say them say isn't the real deal. Don't count your chickens when it hasn't hatched. If a stock road legal version was tested and achieved such feat it would enter the list

modified

It took Benz 5years grin 5 whole years by then the AMG GTR is outdated 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 for Benz (German) to prove they are 4secs pere only, gaskia, jale, a little faster than Nissan (Japanese) Heavenlybang you no dey shame tongue them suppose bang the gull-wing door for your head grin

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
nurey:

Only tag me when the gtr moo has entered the list. Them say them say isn't the real deal. Don't count your chickens when it hasn't hatched. If a stock road legal version was tested and achieved such feat it would enter the list

modified

It took Benz 5years grin 5 whole years by then the AMG GTR is outdated 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 for Benz (German) to prove they are 4secs pere only, gaskia, jale, a little faster than Nissan (Japanese) Heavenlybang you no dey shame tongue them suppose bang the gull-wing door for your head grin

Guy, lemme. grin
We no dey drag when.

Tag me when una beat the GTR Pro. Keep in mind that there'll likely be no R36 GTR.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nurey(m): 6:30am On Apr 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Guy, lemme. grin
We no dey drag when.

Tag me when una beat the GTR Pro. Keep in mind that there'll likely be no R36 GTR.

That's the difference between Nissan and Benz, Nissan would never aim to beat the AMG GTR PRO, why settle for mediocre like Benz when Nissan can simply displace the Lamborghini to achieve number one spot.

In essence Nissan doesn't take baby steps by moving one step of a ladder Nissan takes giant leaps to reach the very top of the ladder.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:53am On Apr 25, 2019
nurey:

That's the difference between Nissan and Benz, Nissan would never aim to beat the AMG GTR PRO, why settle for mediocre like Benz when Nissan can simply displace the Lamborghini to achieve number one spot.

In essence Nissan doesn't take baby steps by moving one step of a ladder Nissan takes giant leaps to reach the very top of the ladder.

Nice story. Call me when there's a new GTR.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
This is my favorite car! Sell am gimme na. cry cry

Such is life bro. Now you have yours in 2019. You yearn for it in 2018 buh now it's done. Congratulations once again. Am thinking of buying same too but the fuel guzzling is my concern now. Am bored of my corrola 2010

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:00pm On May 05, 2019
Bayur01:

Such is life bro. Now you have yours in 2019. You yearn for it in 2018 buh now it's done. Congratulations once again. Am thinking of buying same too but the fuel guzzling is my concern now. Am bored of my corrola 2010

Such is life!
Buy an IS250. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Philadelphia: 2:16pm On May 05, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Such is life!

Don't you think the GS300 of 2006 or 2007 beats the IS250 of same year?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2019
Philadelphia:

Don't you think the GS300 of 2006 or 2007 beats the IS250 of same year?

IS250 will be considerably cheaper to own, which is important for someone coming from a Corolla.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 05, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Such is life!

It will be done by God's grace. Thanks
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

IS250 will be considerably cheaper to own, which is important for someone coming from a Corolla.

very very key...
don't try going from being a bachelor to having quadruplets!
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 05, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

very very key...
don't try going from being a bachelor to having quadruplets!

Lol .. no mind me.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yuanexchanger: 5:28am On May 06, 2019
Good piece
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Philadelphia: 5:44pm On May 06, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Do you know how much both costs?
P,ease tell me.
Thanks.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by snipesdam(m): 9:58pm On May 06, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
This is my favorite car! Sell am gimme na. cry cry

I see where you picked interest for your new ride. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

BMW Does The Bottle Cap Challenge With A BMW M4 Coupé (Video) / Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment / How To Drive 2019 G-class SUV Through The Water Explained By Mercedes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.