Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment (28142 Views)

9 Foot King Cobra Removed From A Van's Glove Compartment In China / Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi / Cummins Just Beat Tesla In The Race To Build A Semi Electric Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by obafemee80(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gc1zz5bl8I

Volvo has unveiled its self-driving and cabless truck (with no passenger compartment) called Vera .The concept truck can be attached to any standard trailers.

It is designed to carry containers weighing up to 32 tons (~29,000kg) across large manufacturing and shipping ports.

With no human driver and compartment , the truck is controlled and monitored through a wireless network service.

Volvo says:
"The transport control center continuously monitors the progress of the transport and keeps an accurate watch of each vehicle's position, the batteries' charge, load content, service requirements, and a number of other parameters"

This futuristic truck from the world's second-biggest truck maker is aimed to make the process of moving large goods more efficient, safer and cleaner.

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/volvo-unveils-a-self-driving-electric-truck-with-no-passenger-compartment-called-vera/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Daevid(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ftc!!!
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Premiumwriter: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
The guy above stole my space.

This is nice. Hope one day we the youth of Nigeria will build something the world will also celebrate

Contact me for unique and top-quality articles and blog posts.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by ct2: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
how can we achieve this ,when we still have greedy politicians like Tinubu

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by lonlytroy(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
Which kind network i fit use take be ftc?

Meanwhile is volvo still existing?

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Adeilias: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by cacmatters(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
kennosklint:
One chance truck
Wonder shall never end

1 Like

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by kennosklint(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
One chance truck

1 Like

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Factfinder1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
Wtf..technology is taking the world to another dimension

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Chiemela4sure(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by pilarnig(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
Where are we in this part of the world?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by efilefun(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
If dangote try buy this kain truck na empty e go dey deliver always or make the truck hinself miss for road...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Sunofgod(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Dangote will like this....

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by FarahAideed: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Volvo is taking this their trucking game literally too seriously ...they need to slow down oo trucking is is not space travel ooo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by id4sho(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
BUHARI,
iffa s......

1 Like

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by babablogger: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2018
ct2:
how can we achieve this ,when we still have greedy politicians like Tinubu
no politician is stopping you from being creative.

These Coy are owned by private individuals not governments

13 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by brownson001(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
It's pretty cool but I'm scared if the enters Nigeria, Na inside Lagos traffic e go finish een battery life lol... grin

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Exponental(m): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
How can it survive potholes especially on highways if it gets to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by lanrexdo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
Haha.. Nice concept
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Oceannaagent: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
Love this kiss
We are far behind in everything

Have you made enquiries today concerning the Oceanna and the investment opportunity available?

Don't wait for a little longer because investors are already reaping by owing a part in this iconic edifice set to redefine Nigeria skyline .

You too can a proud owner by joining other discerning investors to own a piece of luxury with HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENT within the Oceanna.

For enquiries
Call | whatsapp +2347034503352

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by LordIsaac(m): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
Africa, anɗ Nigeria in particular, is still battling with the liƙes of APC and PƊP- well ƙnown association of thieves anɗ destiny ɗestroyers. Goɗ will see us!

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by suyamasta(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
Technology is not waiting for us to catch-up ......
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by tunary(m): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
lonlytroy:
Which kind network i fit use take be ftc?
Meanwhile is volvo still existing?
Please what's the benefit of FTC
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Proffdada: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Cool
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Princedapace(m): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
Progress I must say..

If you would like to learn how to make money online, do check my profile and click on my thread titled how I make money online..
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Dottore: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
Nice one from china
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by MOwasola58(m): 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
IPhone 6s plus for sale..... Contact me on (08072424428)
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by Woke4all(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
Nice one
Re: Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment by symbianDON(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
the things are going, I am no longer sure other continents are still here on earth.....it seems they have long left earth for Africans only because it's evident we are miles apart in everything! while we are still stuck with Mercedes 911 trucks in Africa....then this!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? / How To Drive 2019 G-class SUV Through The Water Explained By Mercedes / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.