Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso (32843 Views)

How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him / Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by odiks: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
The immediate past governor of Kano State, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has explained that he deliberately avoided the APC national convention held on Saturday and Sunday to avoid breakdown of law and order.

Mr. Kwankwaso said he and his supporters intended to attend the convention but did not due to the APC leadership of John Odigie-Oyegun refusing to recognise the congresses that favoured his loyalists at the state, local government and wards in Kano.

The senator gave his stance in a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES, which he also circulated on his Twitter handle.

“I wish to inform the leadership of the party and the general public that we had wanted to be part of the National Convention but regrettably all the congresses that we conducted at the wards, Local Government Councils and at the State level were not recognized by the outgoing National Executive Council of the party.

“Therefore, I felt that presenting ourselves at such an important event will not be in the overall interest of the entire convention that is assuming we are allowed access into the convention ground.

“Because there are high chances that our presence could create embarrassments and a lot of friction similar or even worse than what occurred in the pavilions of delegations from Imo and Delta States during yesterday’s convention. However, as the new EXCO settles to start the efforts of uniting the party we wish you the very best,” he said.

The senator congratulated the newly elected national chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomole,and others who emerged leaders of the party.

Mr Kwankwaso has been locked in a fierce political confrontation with the current Kano governor, Umar Ganduje. Over the past two years, several attacks and reprisal attacks between the supporters of the two politicians have been reported.

Both men are members of the APC and the incumbent was Mr Kwankwaso’s deputy when the senator was governor of the state, the most populous in Northern Nigeria.

However, after the ward and state congresses of the party, the APC headquarters recognised the Kano APC loyal to the governor.

Mr Kwankwaso is a member of the nPDP, a faction within the APC that has alleged marginalisation. Many of them, including Senate President Bukola Saraki, have pledged loyalty to the APC in the past; but some are expected to leave the ruling party in the build up to the 2019 elections.

On Saturday, rather than attend the APC convention, Mr Kwankwaso visited former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, a chieftain of the PDP and presidential aspirant, at his Asokoro, Abuja residence.

Mr Kwankwaso is also believed to nurse a presidential ambition, although he is yet to formally declare.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/273669-why-i-avoided-apc-convention-kwankwaso.html

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by muykem: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
Most time these politician sound so unreasonable. You have finished your tenure as a governor but want the party to still give you status of sitting governor. The governors are the party leaders in their state simple. Go and resolve your difference with your godson or be politically irrelevant.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Baawaa(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
Buhari is in charge,when it is time he surprise all of you
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Sarkin: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
OK

God helP Nigeria
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by kahal29: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
muykem:
Most time these politician sound so unreasonable. You have finished your tenure as a governor but want the party to still give you status of sitting governor. The governors are the party leaders in their state simple. Go and resolve your difference with your godson or be politically irrelevant.

Simple

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by dabiriy(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
So that he gets visit Atiku. From Thief camp to corruption camp na still same same

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by crackhouse(m): 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Lagosfinder(m): 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
APC/MBUHARI haters wont like this
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by speedyGonzales: 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
ALL NIGERIAN POLITHEIFIANS ARE VERMIN AND SHOULD BE EXTERMINATED
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Goodlyhrt(m): 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
I

1 Like

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Goodlyhrt(m): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
Of what use is this news to me nw whether you go or you no go how e go take affect the common Nigerian
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by uboma(m): 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
Kwankwoso is rapidly loosing his relevance in the present political realm.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Justpassingby2(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Wetin come concern us... Abeg pack well jo

1 Like

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by sureheaven(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ur absence wasn’t felt at the convention, so park well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by salbis(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
Those whom gods want to kill first makes them mad. When u were busy running your mouth anyhow, thinking that you are demigod, now you can see your life? What goes around, comes around. #Karma!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Kingspin(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Sir, we have recorded yet another dead in Jos, whats your stake?
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by hopexter(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ogari you were nor invited.
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Ochiboy11: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
APC members throwingchairs and fighting at the
National convention in Abuja (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwgShTk-wMI

1 Like

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Tarzan360(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Good for u that u are not one of the vultures on charades

1 Like

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by faithfull18(f): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Who cares?? Not like any of them mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians in the first place.

See my profile.
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by frowland(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
This guy really tried in Kano sha. Those who know what I mean.
Rejecting Sharia in kano was a reasonable move but he was voted out for that in 2003. Shakarau won and in a week introduced sharia and the rest was history. But to be frank...this man changed the face of Kano.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by SaintLucia: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Goodlyhrt:
Of what use is this news to me nw whether you go or you no go how e go take affect the common Nigerian
Is useful to the IPOB they will soon adopt him as their ally. Kwamkwamso that cannot deliver Kano to PDP when he was sitting governor in 2003. Buhari has been winning in Kano since 2003.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by mynaijadj(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
Player meji
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by wolexy14(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ochiboy11:
APC members throwingchairs and fighting at the
National convention in Abuja (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwgShTk-wMI
y trying so hard??.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
Baawaa:
Buhari is in charge,when it is time he surprise all of you

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Awoleesu(m): 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
The 30 shekels of Judas... If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Gkay1(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
meaningless news
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by segzysexy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
betty298xxx:
scammer.
Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by faridpac2: 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
muykem:
shike nan !!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso by Udembaaham: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
You have said it all!!!
kahal29:

Simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Visits Ibrahim Shekarau In Abuja (Photos) / US Soldiers Singing Nigerian National Anthem (Video) / Buhari Speaks From Both Sides Of His Mouth - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.