Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death (68401 Views)

How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / Igboho Surrendered Himself To Government, They Couldn’t Arrest Him – Lawyer / The N187 Million Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Ihedioha Couldn’t Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by iwaeda: 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday condoled with Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, over the demise of Senator Buruji Kashamu.

Kashamu’s death was announced on Saturday after he succumbed to COVID-19 complications, according to former colleague Senator Ben Murray-Bruce.

In a statement signed by his spokesman Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo said while Kashamu’s death was “sad”, his life and history left “lessons for those of all us on this side of the veil.”

“Senator Buruji Kashamu in his lifetime used the maneuver of law and politics to escape from facing justice on alleged criminal offence in Nigeria and outside Nigeria,” Obasanjo said.

“But no legal, political, cultural, social, or even medical maneuver could stop the cold hand of death when the Creator of all of us decides that the time is up.

“May Allah forgive his sin and accept his soul into Aljanah, and may God grant his family and friends fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”

Before his death, Senator Kashamu was engaged in a long, legal battle against the federal government over extradition to the US to face alleged drug trafficking charges.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/08/kashamu-avoided-justice-couldnt-escape-death-obasanjo/amp/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Amotolongbo(f): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
In a statement signed by his spokesman Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo said while Kashamu’s death was “sad”, his life and history left “lessons for those of all us on this side of the veil.”

“Senator Buruji Kashamu in his lifetime used the maneuver of law and politics to escape from facing justice on alleged criminal offence in Nigeria and outside Nigeria,”
Obasanjo said.
I wish Obasanjo was sincere with this content in this letter and make the restitution before he died. OBJ also isn’t holy.

As Buruji could not escape death, Obj also will answer the call to earthly exit one day

315 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Righteousness89(m): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
When the Almighty Calls for you, No Police, Army, Navy, Airforce,Dss or Connect can Stop it!

There is No Judge to Be Bribed on that side..

There is No Padi Padi on that side..

There is No I was a President or senator or Governor or Chairman on that Side..

It's Either you are Welcome Home or Depart From Me, you That Work Iniquity!

Lets use this Breath that we Have Wisely!
Let's Surrender to the KING of kings..
Heaven is Real! Hell is Real!

195 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by nairavsdollars(f): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
No man lives forever...including you OBJ

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Artiiclebeast: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Obasanjo be feeling like a king kong after handing us this disaster whose best creation as a president is a ministry called disaster headed by a disastrous le femme with a mandate to break Diezani's record.

E don tey wey baba write letter oh abi him no get full scap sheet and ink for biro again?

I never see human being wey dey as unlucky as Obj in terms of making choices.

Almost all of his choices have been disastrous cum calamitous.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by SoftP(m): 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
Baba is trying to vindicate himself

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by searchng4love: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Even in death Baba still had to fire shots

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Realdeals(m): 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Blunt and straight to the point

66 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by helinues: 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hian. undecided

Agba ki n se oro bi ewe..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by micfoley: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Baba Iyabo for let this man rest in peace na

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by XXXXTENTACION: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
When the Almighty Calls for you, No Police, Army, Navy, Dad or Connect can Stop it!

There is Judge to Be Bribed on that side..

There is No Padi Padi on that side..

There is I am a President or senator or Governor or Chairman on that Side..

It's Either you are Welcome Home or Depart From Mr he That Work Iniquity!

Let's us this Breath that we Have, Wisely!
Let's Surrender to the KING of kings..
Heaven is Real! Hell is Real!
Will you ever be happy in heaven knowing fully well that your peers and loved ones are burning in hell

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Righteousness89(m): 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Will you ever be happy in heaven knowing fully well that your peers and loved ones are burning in hell

I won't be Here Vocing out daily on How you can avoid being there! It's my Love for Humanity that makes me do what I do Here!

If Despite all the Hate and Words I get Here, I still Voice out daily, then you should hold yourself Responsible if you Miss Heaven!

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by haffaze777(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Saint Obasanjo has spoken;Dyeyenatu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by XXXXTENTACION: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
Righteousness89:

I won't be Here Vocing out daily on How you can avoid being there! It's my Love for Humanity that makes do what I do Here!

If Despite all the Hate and Words I get Here, I still Voice out daily, then you should hold yourself Responsible if you Miss Heaven!
How are you even sure heaven exist

is it not PartialiTy letting some people suffer and burn while others enjoy themselves

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by engrchykae(m): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Thus says saint obasanjo.
A man who committed genocide in odi,Zaki biam.
Always forming saint.
Slept with his son's wife.
God have given you a long time to change your ways but you chose to remain adamantly hypocritic.
But the Bible says"for what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he had gained,when God takes away his soul"job 27:27

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by iwaeda: 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Everyone of us we die only timing divers. Ki baba ma fi iku yo Buruji.
Lalasticlala owo lo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by flokii: 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
Our people will say.. 'gbogbo wa la dagbada iku' meaning we've all got scores to settle with Mr Death.

If only our politicians can think deep and see the need for good governance over corruption, maybe the present state of the nation won't be this bad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by GamalNasser: 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2020
So Obj will escape death? I don't understand this kind message oo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Sufisunni: 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Tobimercy(f): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
He has never been in OBJ's good books. Infact during his lifetime OBJ does not want to hear about him. Whenever anyone ask OBJ all he knows about Kashamu, he never shy out to say he is a cocaine dealer, drug trafficker and can never be a friend to him. His outburst at that time triggered EFCC to lay siege on his house. Kashamu till today has never denied allegation his successful Jail break. So get your facts right.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by QuickStandard: 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
smiley
Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Factfinder1(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
No one is bigger than God

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by ntyce(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Baba carry beef with dead man...

Obj, move on

Between an alleged drug dealer and corrupt leader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by nextBIGthing: 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
K
Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by blinking001(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
RIP to the dead
Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Mikelarteta(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Don’t speak evenly of the dead, he has finished his part and left to face the Almighty God.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Slawormir: 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
May his soul rest in peace

The dead should be treated with a mixture of nervousness and respect
Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by funmike83(f): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Baba iyabo

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Baba4kinatu(m): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Covid is real... churches shouldnt reopen yet,

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
On this one, OBJ should please keep quiet.

Kashamu had been a 'responsible" and committed member, as well a great financier of PDP before the crisis in Ogun PDP and both men later found themselves pursuing confliting interests. If that did not happen he would have remained in OBJ's good books.

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death by DMerciful(m): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Again, wrong target undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.